PS Vita Hack: (Video) VHBL (still) running on firmware 2.11

Ah, yes, the obligatory “it still works, guys!” Video. Come on, I know you love it as much as I do!

So, to most of you if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, or if you know how Sony handles the PSP hacks lately, this probably won’t be a surprise, but The Z published a video showing that his VHBL port on PS Vita’s firmware 2.10 still runs on Firmware 2.11.

In the video below, The Z shows that VHBL runs a few homebrews perfectly fine: Wagic (come on man, only 2 expansions unlocked out of 106? You can do better than that ;) ), Masterboy – the GBA and Master system emulator – running Pokemon [insert some color here], as well as PSP Filer, probably the most useful File Manager on the PSP, and by extension, on the Vita, as of today.

Source: The Z

By the way, did you know? Half Byte Loader is now a bit more than 3 years old (if you count from its first beta release, even more if you count back from m0skit0′s first source code release back in November 2009) which probably makes it one of the most resilient hacks on any Sony platform (up there with Dark Alex’s M33 code that has been reverse-engineered and compiled so many times it’s probably gained human consciousness by now)

1. rafael707’s avatar

yay more exploits

1. DTeKDeV’s avatar

There’s a new content manager update, so should I update it? Who knows if they might’ve changed the way you send and receive files.

1. M’s avatar

Yes u can update to new version of cma.download open cma 5r and there ar no changes in new cma

2. alvin’s avatar

still vhbl not k exploit?

1. gunblade’s avatar

vhbl prety good in 1.81…

3. capcomlegend’s avatar

KICK-ASS! u guys never fail me! there is spot reserved in heaven for you guys surrounded by hot sexy angels :D

1. H4RP14’s avatar

Hell yeah xD

4. SeongGino’s avatar

Still surprised that this is still alive.

If there was a Cockroach award for any hack, this is right up there on the top.

1. wololo’s avatar

Lol, I like that, VHBL is the cockroach of the Vita :D

5. capcomlegend’s avatar

I mean a spot <—too excited

6. H4RP14’s avatar

I’d love it a lot more if it was a kernel exploit
    I’m so hoping for a kernel-mode exploit for 2.11 or 2.10, it’s fine anyway

1. gunblade’s avatar

right vhbl fine for now… stilll cool ….

7. a’s avatar

I want k exploit?

1. chuckthetekkie’s avatar

Find one yourself if you want it so badly. If you’re like the rest of us mere mortals, be patient.

8. BigCOLA’s avatar

I Love The Z

9. brunoso’s avatar

We need a native exploit. It enough to buy a psp game and then open vhbl. Its so ugly.

10. francio’s avatar

in mexico city no there still available the new firmware 2.11
    still access psn with firmware 2.10

1. chuckthetekkie’s avatar

2.11 isn’t mandatory to go on PSN. Yet.

11. pspfanMOHH’s avatar

I love my custom avatar in blog, anyways to point…almost reaching onto a kxploit.

12. alvin’s avatar

wheres prostegater?

13. kernel exploit’s avatar

kernel exploit!!!
    kernel exploit!!!
    kernel exploit!!!
    kernel exploit!!!
    kernel exploit!!!

14. VictotWei’s avatar

Great!!!XD

15. ir4mt’s avatar

When PsVita hacked?!!

1. jeebs’s avatar

Who the hell knows when. So far it’s a hard nut to crack. If it has PS3 security like, then it will probably be cracked in 3-4years.

Imagine VHBL and TNV exploits for 4 freaking years….jeshhhhh this is becoming pathetic people you know?

Sony is laughing their azzes at us. Damn….

16. chucky’s avatar

Be gratefull guys come on usermode exploit is enough for me why play psp games on vita I have 3 psps come on guys be gratefull that these people are giving up there precious time to help thanks a lot respect !!!!

17. lollixo’s avatar

then you should upgrade to 2.11 or is it better to stay at 2.06?
    thanks

1. brunoso’s avatar

Wololo, i have the same doubt: “should i stay or should i go”…..
      :P

18. xiaweiyi’s avatar

good news as always.

19. n00bBl3sSeR’s avatar

by stoping psvita to run iso,homebrw,etc sony does vita useless.in market 2-3 games are playable and some pple dont have money to buy em or some dont put money in games.i dont understud why they want to **** psp more than is now.i apreciate hack for doing this,making a good thing from sony`s shit.epic fail sony.GJ Z,todal_noob,and others.fk you sony.

20. edukarlo’s avatar

when the psp was hacked, sales became a “big awsome high”.. even with just homebrews like VHBL, the vita can increase its sales for sure..

21. DDD’s avatar

stop hacking this fu cking vhbl , TN-V is best not vhbl

1. tjhooker’s avatar

And who the hell are you? You do know there are no public kExploits for 2.10-11 yet. So please stfu.

22. razor823’s avatar

I’m on apache overkill exploit do u recommend me to update to 2.11?

23. razor823’s avatar

I have the apache overkill exploit.should I update to 2.11 or stay on 2.06

24. Spike’s avatar

So basically you can get any exploit as long as you are on a lower firmware?

25. Aaa’s avatar

I only worst my time here …..no offense but this is nothing…

99,999999% of people only want to hack vita for play vita games…nothing more

1. lollixo’s avatar

sorry for the crudelty but I think you do not realize what you’re saying. if it came out the hack for ps vita the console surely fail, because it is true that the console would be sold a lot but it is also true that no developer would create games for psvita. for example, I expect only a cfw TN for the latest firmware. I hope that the hack to download games of the psvita will not come out for another three years.

26. xEitleModz’s avatar

i hope he makes this works with Urbanix just becouse i hardly ever get money

27. xEitleModz’s avatar

to buy to games

28. antony’s avatar

porque ciño no dicen el nombre del puto exploit ya es que esperan a que salga otra aztualizacion o que como en la anterior a la del apache overkill valla mierda

29. REMF’s avatar

when it will the exploit be release?

30. Qasim’s avatar

Hello gays i dont now how to hack ps vita to play psp games can anyone tell me?

31. jake’s avatar

I hope theres a hack where you can play homebrews, and emulators, while maintaining security pirating ps vita games.. think about it! how do you think video game companies make money!!!!

32. antonio’s avatar

pero bueno payaso cuando coño vas a poner el nombre del puto exploit subnormaan

33. Sean’s avatar

I think its a travesty that the Vita has been out as long as it has and we only have a handful of “good” games. Sony stop being a dic k and get more 3rd party game developers to hurry up and release games! You are making me constipatedly disappointed

34. antonio’s avatar

we will see why this is laughable and shows yna sony new update of software and within hours VHBL do you find a video of running in this update without even probrar before faults that may have safety or sony as I have since you have found new and on top of that is what my turn but the balls Tardais well over a month to put the putoi game that has the exploit but we will see souls pitcher bALLS BECAUSE yOU HAVE NOT SEEN IF FIRST loaded the ISOS / CSO wELL AS THE HOMEMBREW ETC … FIXED AND AFTER THE EXPLOIT THE INPERFECIONES BE PREPARED WHEN degas PUT THE VIDEO AND NOT SO THIS IS A POST SONY tipped off AND IS FOR JUMPING TO REMOVE THE FUCKING GAME STORE you think that people like to be looking day after day to see when it comes out the name of the game fucking clowns I poruqe computer and I have no time if I already would have done the exploit myself and when I have tried it have made ​​people aware of not earlier than real disappointment

1. J-Man’s avatar

I cannot understand a word of what you have just rambled on about Antonio. Grammar and punctuation would help you get your point across much more succint fashion.

35. Seallux’s avatar

yosh can’t wait for more exploits to be added =)

36. antonio’s avatar

still hope to come out the exploit. can happen to me the other day a great job making the -z and other but seriously put the exploit soon

37. Haibara-san’s avatar

Hello, I don’t speak english very well… (I’m italian) but is the download available or no?

38. calgmitchell’s avatar

how do i “jailbreak” my PS VITA running system software 2.11? or is there a way to downgrade to an earlier software. or should i just update to 2.12?

39. calgmitchell’s avatar

anyone going to answer my question above?