Unreal 3 Engine Running On The Web, Thanks to Mozilla & Epic.

Minimur12

Huh, this notebox is good. Password: Minimurspassword /talk password: minimur12pass Hold on, people can see this?

You may also like...

1. Jd8531 says:

It’s definitely NOT the period after JavaScript. I guess I’ll have to keep looking for it. :P

2. Chris says:

First, ohh and the Easter egg is when you wrote JacaScript the c is suppose to be a v

3. NaSty13 says:

Hmm seems quite cool, could see this being great for mobile gaming.

On a side note – by ‘eggs’ is assume you mean spellin mistakes? If thats the case then this ‘egg’ is the ‘V’ in JavaScript :)

4. svenn says:

Well, I am only half surprised; JavaScript is optimalized to the max; mainly because of browser war; Its now way faster then our current scripting languages. (nevertheless it has its downsides aswell)

I know chrome already has games running on JavaScript for a long time. Oké, its not UT3 but doom is there already for a while. Though I don’t really like web-JS games; cause you don’t own the game… and for aswell single as multiplayer your stick’d to the server providing. (simcity anyone ?)

5. Shinny says:

They have made a “JacaScript” heres the egg.. =)

6. Youssef says:

Does this mean that the PS Vita’s web browser be able to play games made with this engine?

• DiGi says:

No, I doubt that. Sony is unlikely to take part, but this is good news for mobile devices like tablets and beefy smartphones. JavaScript can be development on Android, but having games embedded in the browser will make it easy to incorporate games on both desktop and mobile regardless of operating system unless you can’t install the latest browser (excluding Internet Explorer. No surprise there, Microsoft). The only problem I see is JavaScript isn’t as easy to protect like other code can be.

• Rav says:

If you have PSV, try running BananaBread on it (or WebGL Quake, event if it’s compiled in GWT). I don’t know if it will even start, but if it does, tell us results.
      Of course it’s not Unreal Engine 3, but if this will be slow, then UE3 has 99% of being so, too (provided that it BB will actually run).

7. Sam says:

Nice one with those easter eggs :) Found this one as well xD

8. Alex says:

That demo is a adobe flash c++ crosscompiler http://gaming.adobe.com/technologies/flascc/ demo

9. Scarecrow says:

“Jaca” here in Brazil is a ugly kind of fruit, so I was like “dafuq is jacascript”, lol

Nice news, by the way.
    Maybe a reason to open FireFox once a while. =)

10. dimy93 says:

“1 million lines of code” in js -that sounds like dev’s biggest nightmare

11. Wrozen says:

the easter egg is the period at the end of the first sentence.

12. The_S says:

I’m sorry but I don’t really understand. What does this mean? I mean sure it sounds cool but does this effect anything? Are we going to see new websites as a game because I don’t see how this effects the average user.

13. DinamicoPlus says:

in the dot!!

• LOL says:

Chrome is garbage.

• kenny2858 says:

Its not actually… Its fast, easy to use, and did I mention it was fast? Firefox has more things that IMO makes it more complicated. I’m too lazy too get used to it anyways. Firefox are for more advanced users that want certain things on their browsers.

14. compccs says:

ya know to make the eggs a little more challenging try changing the url so we dont have to just view source and do a search… but i guess thats like having your eyes open in hide n go seek… not like i was the kid who did that…..

15. hgoel0974 says:

Found the easter egg :P

This is really cool, now only if they made it free

16. zorrodood says:

this is unreal!!!
    see what i did there?

17. SSJ-Vita says:

I wonder how many people aren’t going to buy into the latest false flag attack in Boston. Hat’s still in the air on who the guilty are going to blame it on. I had a sony ericsson when I was a teenager that could view crude pixeled weather in motion, this phony touchscreen wannabe can’t even do that. sony chopped the nuts off our handhelds before they even reached the shelves, what a royal lost waste. Good luck surviving the coming internet censorship no one is paying any attention to all you devs out there!

18. asd says:

I like it…. Hopefully though Graphic Card is less likely required by this and probably CPU/RAM is mostly like the requirement were the rendering will be??

19. squiggs says:

1 million lines of code pshh… I could do that with my eyes closed in one day.

jk I can only do the hello world, that is it.

20. Rav says:

As far as I know, it’s not rewritten in JavaScript, but rather than that, it’s C++ compiled to high-performance JavaScript. Previously done by Google using Java (GWT), now Emscripten (C++ -> LLVM -> JavaScript). Also involving something by Mozilla called asm.js.