Release: TN-V v3

TN-V v3 was completed a little sooner than expected and you can now update!

If you are unaware of what TN-V is, TN-V is a 6.60 Custom Emulator Firmware for the PSVita that takes use of all kexploits released for firmwares 2.02 and below bringing the full PSP XMB environment. You can read more about TN-V on the official release page here.

Otherwise for those of you aware, we just recently announced the v3 update for TN-V however its already completed and ready for you to install right now. TN’s new update for TN-V brings a ton of bug fixes and support for new features. Some of you were having issues with SC3 and Urbanix JP exploits, but you should no longer have any issues or errors. Below you can find the complete changelog for the update. This may be the last update for TN-V on 2.02 and below.

Changelog TN-V v3:

• - Added possibility to play the exploit game. The first 2 letters of the savedata folder will be replaced with ‘TN’.
  • - Added support for the great VSH plugin ‘PSPConsole’.
  • - Added support for Prometheus patched backup games.
  • - Fixed Super Collapse 3 and Urbanix JP exploit.
  • - Fixed msfs driver bug that caused data corruption which led to resetted settings, again.
  • - Rewrote ELF loading. Fixed loading of static ELF of some games like ‘Splinter Cell’.
  • - Redirected non-working power functions to similar functions.
  • - PSN purchased PSX games work again.

Download

The update is OTA so all you have to do to update is navigate to ‘Network Update’ in the XMB or alternatively you can find a download here (Install it like a homebrew). Thanks again to Total_Noob for his hard work and dedication.

1. NaSty13’s avatar

Whenever i see a TN-V update ‘v-2/v-3′ i keep thinking it’s for 2.06 or 2.10 :(

Great work anyways Total_Noob! :D

2. mauro2029’s avatar

Cool!

3. UshioChan24’s avatar

I hope TN-V v3 on 2.10

4. isnizal’s avatar

nice work….haha…i dunno what to say….so nice

5. wartaf’s avatar

Splinter Cell Essential still doesnt work..

6. Richter’s avatar

Crud. Symphony of the Night in DXC still doesn’t work… TN it would be awesome if you could get it to work. The game loads up fine but when you try to boot up SotN it crashes (80020148). Maybe one day.

1. Mr smooth’s avatar

??? That ain’t dark Alex ???

7. Theone’s avatar

Yeah would like to see SOTN running also, Great job Total_noob!

1. jvhellraiser’s avatar

Symphony of the Night??? I am loading SOTN on TN-V v3
      and V3 is giving some random freeze I hate it does anyone
      is having this problem?

8. Alucard’s avatar

@richter
    In castlevania x chronicles you can get the full Sotn after the normal gameplay with a brand new voice for dracula and maria

9. Richter’s avatar

@alucard
    I know that. Im talking about SotN in Dracula X Chronicles not working. The psone classic works fine but the psp DXC version does not.

10. ramenking’s avatar

hey what does Prometheus thing do??

11. Drew’s avatar

So if this is the last update for people under 2.02, would we have to purchase a game with an exploit that works on 2.02/higher for future TN-V versions? Or is there a free app/game with an exploit. I paid for Monster Hunter just so I could have the original hack, I don’t wanna shell out more cash for another crappy game just to use future releases of TN-V unless there’s some game-changing feature I couldn’t live without.

1. Brian’s avatar

Monster Hunter is not a crappy game.

12. tut31’s avatar

Does this allow you to play on psn/access psn store as well or is online blocked b/c you need latest update?

1. Theredbaron’s avatar

Yes, you can access PSN. However, only the PSP store.

13. CaptainObvious’s avatar

What does “PSN purchased PSX games work again.” mean?

I bought crash bandicoot and spyro. tried to transfer them from the ps3 to the vita (i am using uno). Crash was able to be transferred but not spyro. it was not detected.

Does this update mean i can now use it?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Meaning PSX games downloaded through the PSP store in the XMB

1. CaptainObvious’s avatar

Thank you Jd8531 and Theredbaron.
        I used the PSN store from the uno exploit and managed to download the spyro games! :D

While I can play the game from the uno exploit (though without sound support obviously), do you know if it is possible to move it from the tn-v xmb to the main vita screen? would love to get sound running

14. Dark_Alex’s avatar

For those getting ERROR: 80020148 when loading games

This error simply means that you are running an older version of the PSP’s firmware, and a newer version needs to be installed for the game to load correctly.

SOURCE: http://www.ehow.com/how_5032891_fix-80020148-code-psp.html

1. kenny2858’s avatar

Trololololo? Or just straight up noob? I mean if you’re kinda new thanks for trying to help but I think some games can’t be run on 6.60 CEF no matter how many updates? What I saw about your comment its saying to UPDATE the system…

1. totally noob’s avatar

know what? he is the legendary dark_alex and what he say is true. i always trust this man

15. Chezni’s avatar

GPSP doesnt seem to be compatible with TN-V- v3

Every version I tried crashes

16. Astig_808’s avatar

work flawless on uno

17. Chuckle’s avatar

Question: If i’ll go buy a new pita and the firmware will be 2.02 or below would i be able to install this cfw ? thanks in advance :)

1. Astig_808’s avatar

1. CaptainObvious’s avatar

assuming he can get the required game…

1. Chuckle’s avatar

What required game ?

1. CaptainObvious’s avatar

depends on which firmware you have

2. Chuckle’s avatar

Can you point out for me games that i need for any firmware as long as i can hack it ? cuz i am planning on buying a vita and it will be probably a factory firmware which will be pretty low ..

18. johnny’s avatar

Hey guys. Is the ps vita emulator for pc legit? [Link removed]

1. usher’s avatar

yes, just like the ps3 and xbox360 emu, hahahaha

2. wololo’s avatar

No it’s not, I removed your link for security reasons.

1. juanccc’s avatar

I don’t understand something? is this v3 will work on ps vita 2.10?

19. hopru’s avatar

does tn-v v3 works on firmware 2.06?

20. francis’s avatar

metal gear solid peace walker works on uno exploit 2.06

21. 1998adam8991’s avatar

Hi fellow hackers ;), just wanted to know exactly what firmwares are capable, i’d like to update to the highest compatable firmware, im on 2.01

22. CaptainKoala’s avatar

should I update to 2.10 or stay at 2.06?

23. Necrodrako’s avatar

Can I install this just using the Vita FTP application? If so, where do I place the files? (I accidentally checked for updates on my Vita at one point, and Content Manager won’t let me transfer files to my vita through CMA anymore.)

24. trillerkiller’s avatar

my Vita FTP keeps crashing in the middle of transferring a file, I am on MBA TN-V 3 (1.81)

25. Ninjya Re Bang Bang’s avatar

This little information doesn’t help us. You people need to learn how to give more detail then this.

Does this work on 2.10?
    Can it play PSP iso games?
    Does all the homebrews work?

I am on 2.02. I need to know before i update.
    I don’t care if this is a stupid question because i am confused right now. lol

1. wololo’s avatar

Let’s put it this way: if this worked on 2.10, we would have said it. But you are right that this could have been stated more explicitly.

2. Jd8531’s avatar

It blatantly says TN-V is for firmwares 2.02 and below. This is just an update.

26. Roberto Camarena’s avatar

1. Roberto Camarena’s avatar

is a vhbl in 2.10 and i see the list and he load a profile from Apache NPUZ00098

27. Blue’s avatar

Just double-checking with other people who have updated TN-V, to see if it’s the same for everyone who updated through the PSP updater:

1. TN-V v2 had its own icon, but TN-V v3 used a generic icon?
    2. In both cases after updating, System Information only says TN-V, not if it’s v2 or v3?

28. alvin’s avatar

why tn not pay atention of apache exploit?

29. VictorWei’s avatar

Expecting kernel exploit on 2.06 or 2.10 :)

30. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

One of the features was to be able to play the exploit game. I can confirm that Uno does not play, hangs at the point where it loads the save data…

31. Gravity Crach’s avatar

Gravity Crach 1.81 Can or Can’t

32. VIRACY’s avatar

I go to download this OTA update from TNv2 and it then tells me that I’ll have to go to System Update>Update from Storage Media. On that same screen at the bottom it says X to Enter or O for Back. If I hit X it says This game cannot be started. If I hit O to take me back to the XMB and I go to Update via Storage Media it just says No applicable update data was found. Help?

1. VIRACY’s avatar

Or is there a file that I can download through PC and install this the same way I did the first TN-V?

2. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

I wondered the same thing. You have to go to Game on the XMB and it will be in there.

1. VIRACY’s avatar

A-ha! Thank you good sir.

33. Mad-Hunter69’s avatar

I still can’t play my PSone Downloaded game Metal Gear Solid through the new TN-V v3.. i hope wololo will fix this and also pls include sound fix for PSone Games…

34. kenpachijr’s avatar

Where’s the exploit ?

35. Erich’s avatar

Ever since updating from V2 to V3 my Vita’s FTP program gets error C1-2858-3 about 20MB into any file transfer.

36. meler-andy’s avatar

Cheers for v3 update :) did someone mention to delete the old update v2 ,it was obvious to detele it ,but i did not :( couldnt instal v3 cos of corrupted files :D psx games with sound thats what WE Want :D lol sounds impossible :D

37. Parhelion69’s avatar

Ark can play Symphony of the Night just fine, I unlocked it from castlevania x chronicles and tested it.
    TN-V definitely can’t.

I guess it’s the inferno driver? And why isn’t it ported to TN-V? it’s the best driver hands down. M33 is too old already…

38. carsauce’s avatar

Getting sick of the hassle to keep updating or not…IF anyone can confirm, Does this exploit work with emulators? or the rest od the homebrew properly this time? I’m on TN-C and enjoying it and the last time i switched to TN-V I had problems, and just errors, so does this fix those problems???, can someone please confirm?

39. pupong21’s avatar

can someone tell me if they are going to release a 2.06 kernel exploit?i have tons of psp games but my vita is in 2.06..i dont want usermode…i want a kernel exploit!please wololo help me!!!tnx! ^_^

40. SERGIO’s avatar

dos it work whit apache

41. emulation’s avatar

I don’t know what happened but FCEU emulator does not work with this new update… in the version 2 FCEU worked correctly :S

42. Rob’s avatar

I have FTP crash too :( Please help!! I was on Tn-v yesterday and I ftped about 3 gigs and today after 20 secs, I get the same error message everybody’s talking about :(

43. Help’s avatar

I wonder. I just bought the Vita and it came with FW 1.61. I’m thinking of updating to 2.02 but from what I gather, TN-V v3 won’t work unless I own UNO (which isn’t even available anymore), so does that mean I won’t be able to hack the Vita? Am I forced to update and just wait for an exploit to be released and buy the game right then and there? That seems to be the trend so far.

44. Sean’s avatar

With the version V-fix, I was able to run (UNO) with PSX-saga frontier, but ERROR on verion V-3? does anyone has the same problem?