TN-V v3 Coming Soon

Yet again Total_Noob’s popular Custom Emulator Firmware TN-V will be receiving an update.

After the release of TN-V awhile back and the recent release of the TN-V v2 update Total_Noob is continuing to work on his 6.60 Custom Emulator Firmware TN-V to make it a better experience. TN-V v3 will be arriving along some time in the near future although we have no specific date at the time. The update will once again most likely be OTA, so you’ll only have to go “Network Update” in the XMB to get the latest update.

Right now, we can confirm that TN-V v3 will fix the red screen (C1-2858-3) error and compatibility with Super Collapse 3 and Urbanix Japan exploits completely. If you do happen to have one of those exploits Total_Noob is looking for some beta testers, you can PM him on the /Talk forums. TN-V v3 will also bring another requested feature and will support patched ISOs (Prometheus). As for other features and fixes, we don’t have a full list at the moment but will update you as soon as it becomes available.

If you run into any issues or bugs please continue to report them in the official thread here as its the best way to get these fixed as fast as possible!

1. jvhellraiser’s avatar

hope he fixes the issue loading PSN Ps1 games
    that has TN-V v2 this is one of the reasons I am
    still in TN-V v1.

1. StepS’s avatar

why would you want this? if they’re from vita PSN you can launch them natively and have sound.

1. ColonelPanic’s avatar

I can’t launch Symphony of the Night anymore from the vita homescreen; I think it doesn’t like that my vita’s not on the newest firmware. I think launching from XMB might make it work.

2. darkenvy’s avatar

Version 2 wasn’t fake? It was posted on April 1st so I assumed it did some sort of pranky thing.

Woops :P. Late to the party hehehe

3. kekeke’s avatar

Should i wait for apache overkill kernel exploit or should i just update to 2.10?

1. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

You should update. Chances are, the next major kernel exploit will be on a higher firmware.

1. Theredbaron’s avatar

Except that TN is saying that Sony is really trying hard to stop TN-V. Check out his thread in the forum’s. It seems 2.10 is blocking it, even with his personal kernel hack he uses for test.

So I would stick with 2.06 if I were you. Might take time, but unless something changes 2.06 is the last one that is at least “easy” to do.

4. GC’s avatar

Gravity Crash 1.81 Not Port ???

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Gravity Crash is already supported. Go to the official release page, its linked in the article ;)

5. WOLFRAMIO’s avatar

Please fix the issue that tn-v wont run if vita is setup in other language than english…

1. The2ndLaw’s avatar

have you seen they published a fix after this problem occured with the initial version of TN-V and UNO exploit?

6. Gamer87’s avatar

can we move on to newer custom firmware this year, it’s already April. This couples of months nothing but ongoing update from old custom firmware & vhbl. We need another custom firmware for the latest fm.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Good idea! Why dont you find a new rare kernel exploit and make another CFW and let me know when you’re done.

1. BATMAN’s avatar

nicely done mate. People think that Kernel exploits are easy to find, and on top of that they command other members to release them?? that is not right

7. daxter100’s avatar

i am fine in 2.02 so keeping in that and release a new xploit after ps4 came out

8. alvin’s avatar

ill wait for apache overkill for kernel exploit so please TN make another give way for this one please thanks.

9. wartaf’s avatar

nice!! :D

10. isy’s avatar

tn-v2/ when i start my uno exploit, sometimes, it resets my settings back to old settings.as if its my first time using tn-v, meaning, I gotta go through language-date/time-systems name steps again.. anyone know anything bout this?

1. sixastrix’s avatar

Try going back to the main/top menu of xmb (game,video,etc., where you can’t go back anymore) before exitting uno. It works for me. Hope it helps

2. Uncle Albert’s avatar

V3 is out go to system update I just did it and it fixed reset setting so far anyway

11. mike’s avatar

Ah shit was Hoping the new update would be compatabe with AO… But I’m not complaing.. I don’t know fuk all about hacking and u guys do..if there is any hope of making this happen in the future you guys would be the people to do it. wish I had your guys mad skills…

12. Ivo’s avatar

Hi, i only use tnv for the radio player… Any charms i get to use it with libtiff sdk?

1. Uncle Albert’s avatar

TN-V3 is out just did the update in uk

13. User’s avatar

Yeah updated right now ;)

14. jvhellraiser’s avatar

can someone pass me the Eboot.pbp of Update 3
    I don’t have wifi :\ I can only update TN directly
    downloading the update.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Its on Zload, and will be posted on here shortly.

15. Yazeed’s avatar

Respect to Total_Noob’s

16. NNNRT’s avatar

I ban you because it’s called TN-V3 & not TN-V v3. ;) :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I put the v3 so people dont get confused and think its another TN-V for higher firmwares; so they know its version 3 of TN-V.

17. CJW’s avatar

Do either TN-V or ARK allow mounting of UMD movie .iso files like CFW on PSP do? I would really like this feature as I have a lot of UMD movies and have captured them to .iso file. They would look so good on the Vita’s big and bright screen. If this feature could be added it would be huge, don’t know if it could be done because not sure if the PSP emulator on Vita has supporting libraries or whatever to play UMD video, and also I notice when mounting I UMD video on PSP it must do a low level kernel type hack because it reboots the machine when mounting. I would just really love this feature if it could ever be accomplished!

1. Jd8531’s avatar

No but you can still watch them using PSP video player homebrews that are available.

18. CJW’s avatar

Also for those stuck on 2.02/2.06 wanting to keep your exploits, remember if you have a CFW PS3 you can purchase newer Vita content thru it and transfer it to your Vita using the transfer trick. This has worked well for me and I am playing Sly Cooper and Guacamelee on my Vita while still on 2.02 with eCFW….best of both worlds….both those games are excellent BTW on both PS3 and Vita and the cross buy/play is something Sony is doing that I really appreciate and is helping me afford more games for both systems!

19. aure16XD’s avatar

Is it compatible with the exploit of AO 6.02 ps vita?

1. dan’s avatar

since when is there a 6.02 i thought it was 2.06 and the highest firmware is 2.10.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

There isnt, I think he just made a typo.

1. dan’s avatar

but the 2 and 6 are 3 keys apart how do you do that unless he or she was using a numeric keypad

2. Jd8531’s avatar

I dont know. Maybe he is dyslexic?

20. cscash241’s avatar

Damn. The error gets fixed *after* I update from 1.67 to 2.10

21. dan’s avatar

i have a question how did the testers for vhbl and ecfw become testers did you just pick other hackers or the first few who asked or what

1. wololo’s avatar

It depends on the mood of the hacker. Sometimes they’ll pick friends, or people they have known on the scene for a long time

22. aure16XD’s avatar

hello sorry I meant 6.02 and I’m French so I retranslated my sentences in English ^ ^

23. aure16XD’s avatar

sorry 2.06 ^^

24. maxiori.’s avatar

does this one urbanix also work to 2.10 or it was stayed on its firmware?

25. 9rockky’s avatar

current on 1.81 Urbanix :-)
    This time you can enjoy songkran (water festival)in Thailand
    very fun :-D don’t spend too much of time on the screen,relax!!

26. Wrozen’s avatar

So I downloaded TN-V3 and in the installer it showed the change log for it and everything so I installed it but after the installation, I went to the system information and it still says I’m on TN-V2.

1. Wrozen’s avatar

Nevermind. I had to close the exploited game and restart it before any changes were shown.