Open CMA working on OFW 2.10 & Open CMA coming to Linux, OSX

Open CMA was not working initially with the new Vita 2.10 firmware update, however a quick method to getting it working again has been found.

Not surprisingly, just about everyone who owns a Vita uses the popular Open CMA patch considering the features it brings, such as being able to use CMA offline without an internet connection, blocking connections to Sony and more. So when the official firmware update 2.10 when live yesterday it was quite a bummer when it was initially thought to have patched Open CMA but it actually doesn’t and it requires a small work around to get it up and running.

As you can see in the video below scene member The Z shows it working on the latest update. The solution to getting it working is pretty simple. Simply update to the latest Official CMA version on your computer and then reapply the Open CMA R5 patch over it. It seems that Sony only did small changes to Open CMA and the small update had no major effect, however it just needs to reapplied to work around it. If you happen to have any issues still afterwards, try uninstalling everything and start fresh as well as try rebooting your Playstation Vita. Remember, that Open CMA R5 is for ofw 2.0 and above and Open CMA R4.5 is for ofw 1.81 and below; don’t confuse the two.

In addition, if that good news wasn’t enough here is some more; Linux and OSX users will no longer be left out in the cold. Open CMA for both will be released for both platforms soon. This is something a lot of users have asked for. It’ll be a light weight version of the CMA which will allow you to copy content but it will also have the abilities of Open CMA; it does its job extremely well. Stay tuned for more information on that.

1. fate6’s avatar

yay CMA for Linux ^___^

1. Onni’s avatar

Yea! Its awesome :D

2. Yerm’s avatar

Awesome! You’re the best.

*prepares to trash another VM*

1. Onnz423’s avatar

Good i hate the VMWare :(

2. Joe’s avatar

Why will OpenCMA for OSX be a light weight version? For Linux I get it, there is no regular CMA and it has to be made from scratch. But OSX has it’s own regular CMA so all functionalities could work.

P.S. Sorry for my English

1. Theredbaron’s avatar

Because while it is the same name, it isn’t the same opencma. The one for Linux and Mac is a completely opensource one, it doesn’t use Sony’s CMA for anything. The Dev decided to call it OpenCMA because it is really open, and the opencma based on CMA is hackery magic, not an “open CMA”.

Thus, it is a bit plain, as it is really going to be the first release of a new software. It will just be a cli server, but it will be useable, so yeah.

2. trololo unix version’s avatar

Because OSX sucks

1. ricardo’s avatar

And you are a bullshit asshole from the hell you little shit
        suck this:

1. HAL’s avatar

but it does suck.

3. Yerm’s avatar

Hacking ELFs suck

3. jijo’s avatar

Hi guys I want only to ask you that what do we use these hacks to like apache killer, can we hack games like call of duty or sly 4 or what because really don’t understand this please tell me????

1. Theredbaron’s avatar

If it runs in the PSP EMU, finding a hack is possible. However, people are wanting smaller games because that “waste” less space, as well as often costing less.

4. mb123’s avatar

thumbs up for Linux and OSX version/app and thanks in advance

5. Anonymous’s avatar

You know wololo,that sony blocks games you post that could be used as an exploit,so why don’t we say that a famous game has an exploit and they would remove this game and it can notbe used as an exploit.

1. wololo’s avatar

Because a bunch of people would trust the announcement, buy the game for nothing, and then what good is it? Troll thousands of people just to troll Sony?

1. Anonymous’s avatar

You do not get it we use a Free Game like jetpack joyride,and we continue to mislead sony until they give up and they will not pull any game from psn.

1. facepalm’s avatar

*facepalm*

1. eatspopcorn’s avatar

*eats popcorn*

2. Jd8531’s avatar

There is no point in that either. They will continue to pull games no matter what. And they know better then that because Jetpack Joyride is a native game.

3. Onnz423’s avatar

All that just for lulz? Im ok with that :D

6. Dorron’s avatar

Amazing news! Especially the Linux version news!

7. chuckthetekkie’s avatar

I’ve been using my own way to use Open CMA on my Mac. Sure you have to use a proxy app like Charles but it works and you don’t need the internet either.

8. warfaren’s avatar

Yay! Finally I wont have to reboot into Win7 to use CMA!!
    Happy penguin :D

9. shadowknight1620’s avatar

Is it just me or is anyone else having issues connecting to there PS3 with Content Manager?

1. shadowknight1620’s avatar

Ok so I updated CMA on my CPU reset all info through CMA now it’s working with my PS3 there seems to be an issue with USB charge now? Let me know if anyone is having similar issue.

2. chuckthetekkie’s avatar

I’m having issues too with the PS3 content manager. I can’t transfer any Vita games over. Also the Vita PSN store keeps locking up on me when I try to download stuff.

10. Stanf’s avatar

Awesome! :D
    Now the only thing left is waiting for a CFW to be ported to the 2.10
    As I’ve heard, many of you left your UNO and other exploits for the new cool features of 2.10, I think it would be very convenient to have a CFW exploit for 2.10 :)

11. Linkedot’s avatar

FINALLY a Mac version :)
    Thanks guys !

1. chuckthetekkie’s avatar

If you were using a proxy like Charles for the Mac, you can’t make your own CMA that doesn’t need the internet to use. I’ve been doing that all along since I a Mac. All you have to is map the psp2 update xml to a modified one and CMA will think you have the latest version and your online even if you turn off your network card. I didn’t like having to reboot into Win 7 every time I want to transfer something over to my 2.02 Vita.

1. chuckthetekkie’s avatar

I meant CAN not CAN’T.

12. Narangil’s avatar

Has anyone managed to connect through opencma psn?

13. Jake’s avatar

Is it too early to ask about an OpenCMA for Mac OS X (10.6.8 and above and PS Vita OS 2.02)? Not trying to be pushy here, but it is late in the Summer, and I just wanted to put my PC away, and bring out my Mac. Be nice if that fellow who did the PSP-to-PC/Mac video out (via USB) could do it for the PS Vita now. Here’s the video:

So, is it possible to do this with the PS Vita and using its USB connection to a PC or a Mac?

14. stealthmagnus’s avatar