[PS3] Release: PSP2PS3 1.7.3

We mentioned yesterday the ongoing insane progress on the PS3 scene to get PSP games and homebrews to run on PS3 CFW. PS3Hax member szczuru released yesterday an update of his tools suite (to version 1.7.3) that helps with the process of packaging your PSP games to run on the PS3.

The process has become relatively user friendly, although due to the limitations of the PSP emulator on the PS3, not all games will run.

This update features the following changes:

-MAKE_EDATS_CEX:
—FIXED: Starting EDAT Tool when user chooses to unpack iso
-MAKE_PACKAGE:
—FIXED: Issue when function sleep doesn’t exist in system – pause will be used insted of it.
-ISO2EBOOT:
—Extension in output filename is now required
—DONOR.PBP isn’t required anymore. Replaced fake_np with one which doesn’t need DONOR //thanks to Aldo (aka aldostools)

The last point in particular should help a lot reducing the pain and steps required to get your games prepared, as it removes the need for an other EBOOT file in order to package your game.

Download

You can download the latest version of PSP2PS3 here

Stay tuned as we are following the progress on this, in particular how far this can go in running psp homebrews on the PS3.

Source PS3hax

1. #18’s avatar

Pretty cool, but serves no purpose for me.

Also, FIRST!!! XD

2. StepS’s avatar

donor pbp, fake np… familiar :)

1. wololo’s avatar

Yup, it seems lots of the tools come from the russian psp scene, people that I assume you know quite well :)

1. StepS’s avatar

I just downloaded the archive, and the inside of fake_np seems indeed the tpu’s V1.0 tool. my impact on that release was when I had asked him about compression support a long time ago. many months passed until he suddenly contacted me in PM with his 1.0 version (which encryption for every block of data to work on 6.60 firmware), that was the january 2012 I think. so who knows, maybe my participation was bigger than I think. encouraging to something is also useful at times :) sadly I didn’t have the opportunity to donate to him

2. StepS’s avatar

btw, tpu is a chinese guy. we’ve talked and discussed builds on his QQ messenger

3. Ask The_Zett’s avatar

Hey wololo! I think i found 2 exploits if not crashes,please check this pic http://gyazo.com/fe741023fccd283d25ae64d93d4b7d48.png

and ask Zett for more! I need help!

1. Jd8531’s avatar

You’re better off asking in the /Talk forums, you’ll get more help there from everyone.

2. decius’s avatar

I can haz Kernel?

4. kazuya101’s avatar

This is really great. For some time the PS3 scene seemed like it was done. With the release of this and the PS2 classics exploit it seems they are back on track with releases.
    awesome!!!

5. Ivo’s avatar

Hey wololo, care to clarify we can use … Remotejoy remoteplay or even crossplay with this? If not remotejoy what about nethost ? thkx

6. KrazyNez’s avatar

Just for shits a giggles yesterday spent all day with this trying to get either gta:lcs or gta:vcs to work. LCS didn’t work for me at all, and VCS intro worked then after the intro was just audio, no video. I’m going to try again today see what else works and doesn’t.

7. kay’s avatar

Someone let me know when they get dissidia duodecim to work.

8. Dmaskell92’s avatar

I am trying to play Crisis Core on remote play haha. It throws an error, I’m off to edit the Param.sfo

1. Dark_Alex’s avatar

editing the Param.sfo will no work. you need to wait for the dev to release an CFW update that allows that .sfo to be read with the converter you used. its a big hassel but im sure theyre working on getting it 100%

9. ivo’s avatar

hi, how comes i cant install ps3 formatted psp iso packages on 3.55 no nodrm npdm or anything ?