Hello world on PS Vita 2.10 by The Z

It is no secret that PS Vita scene member The Z has a PSP hack available and running on the Vita. He actually mentioned that a while ago back when 2.06 was the latest and greatest.

Today, as firmware 2.10 was announced then quickly made available, we got the usual flow of questions: Have exploits been patched? Does VHBL still work? Will TN save the world from the Giant Crab?

Well at least now we can at least answer one of those, as The Z was quick to confirm that his current exploit is still alive on PS Vita 2.10, as shown in the video below.

Don’t get too excited though. This is, as is now the tradition, “only” a usermode exploit inside of the psp emulator, running through an undisclosed PSP game, and The Z has not announced anything about a release.

To some of you, this might sound like a broken record now, but new people join the vita scene everyday and I’m sure to newcomers, or people who made the difficult choice to update, it’s always good to know things are, or will be available.

And if it sounds to you like anybody could come up with a psp usermode exploit these days… well, yes, it’s true :) , but it didn’t use to always be the case! Head over to our tutorials on how to find exploits, how to write a binary loader (and the associated Hello world), and how to port VHBL to your exploits. And if you don’t have a hacked psp, give a try to hgoel’s tutorial on how to do all this without one!

Source The Z

1. kankertje’s avatar

vhbl works ;)

1. The Z’s avatar

I know, I own one ;)

1. tryonmydream’s avatar

haha you’re right

2. Genius’s avatar

lol jouw naam :P

2. Hellinferno’s avatar

He will be in trouble with the mac addres i heard that we have to hide that and i saw many videos doing that before.

1. The Z’s avatar

I dont give a flying f#ck about my MAC adress.

Hiding it is not necessary.

2. hell’s avatar

I don’t think that hiding the MAC address is necessary, since it’s used only locally.
      I don’t think that Sony check every MAC address of online users i can be wrong, but as far as i know there’s no need to hide it.

3. kaine191’s avatar

Lmao The z. Best comment

4. aure16XD’s avatar

Hello guys I’m staying with 2.6 VHBL Apache Overkill or should I switch to 2.10 for the next VHBL? I’m waiting for an exploit to run PSP games!

1. TheOriginalSINe’s avatar

Don’t bother updating if you’re looking for an update for PSP backups. Wait till they release one, THEN update and get it. Because kernel exploits are hard to update, and you could be updating and getting VHBL games for a while.

5. FREEZE’s avatar

This is cute in all, but how does showing this exploit benefit us? Will you release it or are you just showing us that there’s an exploit and nothing more?

6. PspJunkie’s avatar

Mmmm, crab.

7. Knifes’s avatar

i think ill wait till he releases the game that the vHBL is working on then ill upgrade as im fine with my AO vHBL exploit

8. Quetz’s avatar

Thank you Z!!! :D

9. notder’s avatar

wow great!

10. booey24’s avatar

thanks Z.

11. miamirican305’s avatar

I honestly don’t think there’s a point in getting all hyped up over these exploits anymore as they are only “usermode” exploit and have a ton of limitations. I for one will continue updating with these cool new features added and wait till a really good exploit comes out that will allow users to play psp isos or even better…. Full KERNEL access But from the looks of what I’ve been reading, that’s not the case and won’t happen anytime soon if not ever. It was fun doing it on v2.06 with the Apache Overkill exploit, but I got tired of it real fast.

12. romain337’s avatar

Non mais allô quoi t’es en 2.10 mais t’as pas de hack oO *french joke (shame on me i know)

Good job! Usermode is better than nothing :)

13. miamirican305’s avatar

I honestly don’t think there’s a point in getting all hyped up over these exploits anymore as they are only “usermode” exploit and have a ton of limitations. I for one will continue updating with these cool new features added and wait till a really good exploit comes out that will allow users to play psp isos or even better… Full KERNEL access But from the looks of what I’ve been reading, that’s not the case and won’t happen anytime soon if not ever. It was fun doing it on v2.06 with the Apache Overkill exploit, but I got tired of it real fast.

14. bob’s avatar

nice, too bad its not a kernel exploit. With the lack of ps vita titles at the moment the ability to play psp backups and homebrew is the only thing keeping my vita from gathering dust…

1. That_one_guy’s avatar

Ditto

15. guitaristmatt’s avatar

Hey wololo, I noticed that the website does not support video with the vita browser even with the new update. Will there be a switch over to HTML5? Sorry for being a little off topic.

1. aerinas’s avatar

That videa, and pretty much all videos on here is an embedded youtube video. This probably means that if you are using the html5 youtube (you can set it on youtube somewhere), videos on here will be html5 as well. I’m not sure though and cba checking it myself ;)

1. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

Did you check it yet? I have all the right settings and the youtube website works fine. I’ll go look for this HTML5 setting under the youtube site though.

16. AyeGuy’s avatar

Sony: The fuck?!?

17. ShadowKnight1620’s avatar

I was figuring huh what happened to the Z’s exploit and here it is YES! Can’t wait :)

1. JeoWay’s avatar

I can’t wait to see if there are any compatibility issues (To try to fix them)

18. SupahLeecha’s avatar

Hahaha. This community is laughing at Sony now.

19. SPoONiE_16’s avatar

I hope The_Zett rips apart 2.10

20. ZZREZZ’s avatar

Badassery! I’ve ordered a used one just recently, and I’m hoping to hell and back that we’ll be back on the CFW scene just as, or at least close to, how we were with the PSP.

I wanna get as much out of my Vita as possible! ;D

21. The X’s avatar

Z and Wololo … we needs a hack to play vita games for free fast… plz help ups fast and thanks

22. brad’s avatar

how the hell in the world can you jailbreak your ps vits for even the 2.10 and what is the game i can do it with im going crazy looking all over the internet trying to find out i need someone to help me or tell me how

1. wololo’s avatar