Release: TN-V v2

nullGreat news, an update to TN-V is here to fix a lot of issues and features!

After the recent release of TN-V users have been actively reporting their issues and bugs here which has allowed us to efficiently get these fixed. Here’s the full change log for Version 2 of TN-V.

• Added option in ‘Advanced’ to delete ISO cache. This may help if you’ll get an infinite loop while opening game menu.
  • - Added possibility to launch backup file from savedata folder.
  • - Added ability to move backup file to ‘ms0:/ISO’.
  • - Added support for custom PS1 DOCUMENT.DAT.
  • - Fixed msfs driver bug that caused data corruption which led to resetted settings.
  • - Fixed msfs driver bug that caused Lamecraft not seeing savedatas.
  • - Fixed folder ‘.’ and ‘..’ extension patch.
  • - Improved Virtual PBP Manager (faster ISO loading in game menu).
  • - Changed ISO boot mode to ‘umdemu’ – may fix some ISOs.
  • - Optimized recovery menu.

To update simply go to ‘Network Update’ in the XMB or alternatively you can find a download here (Install it like a homebrew). Thanks again to Total_Noob for his hard work and contributions.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

For a second there I thought that it was an April fools joke because some of us (in the offtopic section) where pranking others with a TN-V for 2.06 joke.

But yeah, I know this one has to be legit. Good stuff, just wondering if TN really said that he got lamecraft saves working.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

That would be a really mean joke :p Yep, this update for TN-V should fix the save issue for Lamecraft, if not let me know.

2. Chingon’s avatar

The link is not working…it wont download the e/v boot file ,anyone else with this probleme…?

1. chingon’s avatar

ok so, I updated via PS VITA through TN-V system update, the direct link was broken, down…or whatever-all freaking day!Got it done …anyhow…TN-V2 or TN-V DUCE ( what I like to call it) is up and running on my 2.02 UNO PS VITA…GR8 work guys, I love to love the MOST ILLEST handheld on the PLANEt, because of you all ofcourse…

3. nevercall’s avatar

random question:

can sony release a software update that can unlock the simlocked PsVitas?

2. Efrain’s avatar

wait this is for 2.06 ?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

No it is not. Still 2.02 and under.

3. Efrain’s avatar

It doesnt say anything about 2.06 compatibility is it ?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

Sorry, the 2.06 part was just a joke. No 2.06 compatibility (Come on people it is the first of April! ;))

1. MarSprite’s avatar

Well I live in the past and it’s only march 31st here, it’s 10:30 P.M. so it’s getting close, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand-grenades.

1. Vilhjalmr’s avatar

and atomic bombs

2. miamirican305’s avatar

Not fk’in cool! I pulled out my vita and all ready for this…. FML! A$$Holes! LoL…

4. Stan Smith’s avatar

Pity its not for 2.06 :(

5. MadZiontist’s avatar

Awesome stuff! Got it installed and running. Keep up the good work TN!

6. JKoiou’s avatar

I tried to update via network update and it sayd “this game cannot be started after downloading the update…. any suggestions why this isn’t working?

1. sniper.jay’s avatar

when you have dowloaded via network then go on game menu and memory stick, you ca see the update here.

7. JKoiou’s avatar

nevermind, it downloaded it to the “game” section… just updated… awesome work TN team.

8. Silverh@mmer’s avatar

You guys are good. I like the capability of updating your tn-v by the old system update from psp.
    The only thing I miss from this experience is to be able to enter the psn store to see more than just psp games. But thanks!

9. Kenny2858’s avatar

Found a new exploit! Able to read ISO & Hombrew! Also can read ps vita games!!!! The game is called Gta Vice City Stories! Hurry before it gets removed!

April Fools :)

10. aure16XD’s avatar

Kenny2858 uh I’m not on your achievement as wololo did not put this on his blog. Sorry I’m French so I translated what I wrote. :)

11. vhblfans’s avatar

i hope release other vhbl for 2.06!!!

12. francis’s avatar

i hope tn will help nd release,fix for appache overkill under 2.06. for iso nd cso games. great help.tnx

13. wow ololo’s avatar

huh? if i say i’ve found an exploit, nobody wud believe me…hmm its better of if i keep it for myself

14. albie85’s avatar

one quick question i updated last nite but the reset settings hassnt been fixed! unless it is supposed to happen after u update???

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Make sure “delete all PSP content” is off.

15. ponytheone’s avatar

Missed the last vhbl, dmnit sony for removing it so quickly!

Anyways, keep up the good work!

1. albie85’s avatar

why did u miss it i get ninja release like a week befor its announced to the public join up and u wont miss out

16. Proto-tyrant’s avatar

hio

thx my friend nice

Proto

17. LoPqEz’s avatar

I have Uno on ofw 2.02. I just tried installing tn-v but I cant find the associated savedata I need. What is the associated savedata and how do I get it.

Also, great work everyone in the ps vita hacking scene.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

The save data for the exploit your using, in your case that would be UNO.

1. LoPqEz’s avatar

Wololo, can you put a link to the savedata files we need to do this? I just spent about 3 hours trying to find them :(

1. wololo’s avatar

There are links to “previous versions” on every one of our download pages. In this case, the previous “TN-V fix” version has download links which contain the savedata for UNO:

1. LoPqEz’s avatar

Thanks, I realize now.

18. Prinsr’s avatar

Is zload.net down? I’m not able to update or directly download from zload, can anyone host the files on some other site plz

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Nope it’s working normally.

19. huz’s avatar

PS Vita: Running eCFW TN-V2 at Firmware 2.02

think maybe week? that tn-v2 with 2.06 r163 load? work or won’t

20. asdf’s avatar

Can anyone explain how i use the TN Network update? It is on but i see no where any button for the update!

21. Dogggieee’s avatar

Can I use this for exploit Apache overkill 2.06 VHBL? Don´t try april jokes… :D

22. asdf’s avatar

So i have the update on my vita … but its a FBOOT.PBP and its corrupted in Menu. How can i change in to EBOOT.PBP? PSP Filer dont change the name

23. Germain’s avatar

I am a little lost here , if i have my vita on 1.81 with grativty crash hack , i can use it ?

1. StanSmith’s avatar

Yep, it should work.

24. grifis81’s avatar

support in this forum is pretty poor and i cant still understand how the fuck install this tn-v fuck this…i’ll keep tn-c for now…i’ll update when psone iso will have full support with sound…all keep askin and noone answer!!!in the istruction it doesnt explain where the fuck i need to put 660.pbp for allow psvita copy it inside memory…i only see saves and not 660…can anyone help????????

1. wololo’s avatar

The comments section of this blog is not the right place to ask for help. Go to our actual forums at http://wololo.net/talk , you’ll have plenty of help there.
      Also, given the way you are asking for help, no wonder why you are not getting any replies. Better grammar and being polite will take you a long way.

25. XDarkMario’s avatar

OTA updates!?! thats freaking awesome!

26. Aure-16-XD’s avatar

The cfw for ps vita 2.06 when out ? Sorry i’m french. ;-)

1. NNNRT’s avatar

Yes, but you wait until it’s back. :)

27. valkirie’s avatar

And the best thing about this revision is the ability to upload ISOs directly into the memory card. Just like the original PSP. Frakking awesome works, devs. Beers are on me.

1. Blue’s avatar

But how do you upload the ISOs? OpenCMA doesn’t let you see things like a file structure.

1. valkirie’s avatar

Sorry bud. It was an April Fools joke.

28. peleep’s avatar

thanks for the update. Just a tip to fellow TN-V users in case you encounter some problems running the programme. Don’t forget to disable plugins like CW-Cheats before running the update.

i.e. Download the update via the Internet option, then inactivate plugins, then run the update from Games….

It seems as though the plugin bug still is present. Homebrews still do not function if plugins are enabled on TN-V v2.

1. Help?’s avatar

I had some problems running Dead or Alive Paradise and Idolm@aster Perfect Sun. Does anyone else have a problem with these games?

DOA Paradise starts, but after you select a girl the screen goes black and the music continues to play.

Idolm@aster just gives me a black screen.

Both games run fine on my PSP.

Thanks.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Are they patched?

1. :)’s avatar

Yes, they should be. They also run perfectly on a 5.50 CFW PSP. Not to mention they are old games by now.

Also, like I said before DOA Paradise actually runs and I can get into the girl select screen. After that, it gives me a black screen with sound.

Thank you again.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Try unpatching them and see if that helps, also try disabling any plugins you have on.

2. Diag’s avatar

who wants to play dead or alive paradise?

are you are a perv?

rly?

29. Seallux’s avatar

baahh when are we getting 2.06 TN-V hack Been dying to try out some ISO games on my vita =/

30. Draven’s avatar

I love how easy this is to update. Nice work!

31. cscash241’s avatar

Why weren’t SC3 US and Urbanix JP compatibly fixed?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Still looking into it.

32. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

The fact that it updates from the regular system update makes TN-V just that much more awesome, lol. Thanks again, guys!! :D

33. ivo’s avatar

so what about libtiff exploits and firmware 271 in TNV ?
    or can i only install 660 ?

34. sweet_leaf85’s avatar

Apache Overkill support please :)

1. FishSticks’s avatar

Apache overkill isn’t a kernel exploit

35. FishSticks’s avatar

Can someone tell me, is it possible to run a custom 6.60 firmware on tn-v?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

TN-V is already a 6.60 CFW

36. cosimo 98’s avatar

Hi guys I have run all the cef TN-C via the vhbl on ofw 2.6 after a change to the file and it worked I detect iso me install hombrew but I’m not starting the game asks me if I want to start them and nothing happens after year you can tell me if you can do something with these files or you can give me a hand to get it to work

1. Jd8531’s avatar

You cant on 2.06, CEFs are only for kernel exploits (2.02 and below).

37. kikershadow’s avatar

No reproduce videos desde menu esta actualizacion lo soluciona?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Videos trabajar sólo tiene que utilizar un reproductor de homebrew

1. kikershadow’s avatar

Thanks right now for testing

38. Yayasi’s avatar

today my friends restore my vita accidentally and deleted everything, now even when i want to play a game on the memory it kept asking to link it, but then you have to update to firmware 2.05 which will desable my 2.02 exploits.

any advice what to do please?
    i have a back up of uno, just need to link the memory so i can restore through content manager as it askimng too to connect to psn, which asked to update first.

merci

39. meler-andy’s avatar

worked fine for me thank you :D just dont known what to do with the corrupted file ? delete?

40. ryan’s avatar

is there anyways to access the UNO without using “system activation”

41. CJW’s avatar

Is there any way to mount a UMD Movie ISO file and play it on Vita in PSP mode thru either VN-C2 or ARK? I would really like this capability as I have a lot of UMD movies and have captured them to ISO file. The UMD video format provided near DVD quality (for a small screen device) and would look just great on the PSVITA big and bright screen. If this is not currently supported in either CFW is it something that could possibly be done in a fure CFW release?