Release: VHBL for PS Vita 2.06

1. Beaps says:

How do you remove an installed app in Half-Byte Loader?

2. anhnghia says:

Thanx to TomTomDu80, wololo, and The Z. Your hard work brings an old man back to his cherished childhood.

3. sergio says:

i install the exploit but i cant add noting else can some body help me

4. Sony Ex Charles Hepsburn says:

Everyone enjoy the exploit who said that there won’t be leak files to the full exploit sometime this or next month stay tuned on wololo forums.

• You're an idiot says:

They’re talking about kernel exploits. There won’t be another one for a long time because they are rare.

VHBL and half-byte loaders will probably be released every now and then.

The difference is: Kernel = can play ISO, less restricted
      VHBL & half-byte: very restricted, compatibility problems, no ISO

5. dicemen4 says:

anyone knows how to delete home-brew games on HBL??zombies don’t work so how dose someone deltete the files on HBL?thanks

6. CoDnX says:

7. pjdevaney says:

for some reason i cant choose storage as my compression method

8. pjdevaney says:

it says there is no bios when i clearly put a bios in the gpsp

9. sergio says:

HELP BIOS PROBLEM

10. claudio says:

Anyone know how or do not have dowgrade way?

11. apache777 says:

for bios you need to rename them for gba_bios.bin

• DZZZ says:

where do you place em ??

• zach says:

probably sony spies with accounts on the forums just waiting for a release and BAM instant patch in a continous cycle. sony spends more time on trying to stop exploits instead of actually improving the vita, just like the psp.

• Hellinferno says:

Sony spends more time on trying to stop exploits instead of releasing good games such as god of war,king of fighters or better games than stupid indie games.

12. Michael Ambrose Rock says:

thank u everyone for this an everyone working on the tweaks to make ones u would think not work an work great work : )

13. DZZZ says:

how do you get the gba emulator to work im so lost plzz help

14. pjdevaney says:

roms wont appear for me help me please on gpsp

15. Ramiro415 says:

THANKS ITS A COOL MOD FOR THE VITA KINDA COMPLICATED BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDESTAND,THO UNO WAS A LOT BETTER GOT GPSP TO WORK BUT CANT SAVE,JW WILL THIS EVER WORK WITH PS1 DONT MIND THAT PSP ISO/CSO DONT WORK BUT I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY MGS AND OTHER PS1 GAMES

16. Onsokumaru says:

If I downloaded it to my PS3 in time, can I still transfer it to my Vita?

17. ALERT says:

2 questions

-If I delete the exploited game, all of the homebrew would be off my card correct?

-I have gPSP running and my roms appear, however when I choose a game, the game does not run but freezes the device, any fix?

18. huz says:

VHBL HOMEBREW
    uo_Snes9x_0.02y32 OK
    MASTERBOY OK
    GBSP SOME OK
    picodrive OK

OTHER NOT WORKING DEADALUS ….

19. harry says:

Not working. Sees roms but the crashes. Do roms need a specific zip ? They are unzipped roms I got and zipped them the same way as INSTALL.ZIP (storage)

20. sergio says:

IIIIIIIIIIII DIT IT TOOK ME ALL DAY BUT A GOT GPSP RUNNING MY VITA CRASH 3 TIMES BUT I NEVER GIVE UP YUUUHOOO SORRY BUT IM JUST HAPPY TANKS FOR THE HELP AND SORRY FOR MY GRAMA

21. gunblade says:

bumers dude u shoud have had like make a backup drive that u dont use to much but jus to store stuff on n werd how shity solid state drive r though

22. REMF says:

Now, i got my VHBL running and snes homebrew… here is the final question…

how to put games on it..

please help…

23. mike says:

was unable to buy 🙁 why dose Sony take the *** game off for. They cant do that to every game on the PlayStation network. anymore hacks for any other game please release one again.

24. Cosmin says:

Pls somebody test the zelda minish cap on gPSP

25. al says:

If I delete the game, will all of the homebrew applications will be removed from my card?

26. REMF says:

GOt it.

another question.

will psx emulator run on vhbl?

27. Foolishkids says:

Vhbl is still around ? I think play station plus is the best thing that has ever happened to vita, I get to play a lot of games for free :), amazing , leaving vhbl behind was the best decision I’ve made for my vita

• wololo says:

Dont get me wrong, psplus is great, but it does not let you play games for free, since you have to pay the subscription. Second, you are probably not aware of the concept of loss leader, google for it.
      Again, ps plus is great value for the price, but it is absolutely not free 🙂

• GuyAboveMeIsSmokinSomething says:

Can you share whatever your on? PS plus is a dumb way for Sony to make $$$ off of free loaders. VHBL lets me play any retro game I want FO FREEE!

• gunblade says:

well p.s.plus is alright i had it for like a year n got a lot of free game the price is alright i guess capared to xbox but then i dont play xbox. but i guess i would rather be back on madblocker since i still got a psp to play psp game on and there not to much games on the vita that need to be on current firmware…..(dont no of any)… i did like psn plus jus cuz they had a few alright vita games i got uncharted gravity Rush ninjah gaiden got more but but with an eight gig card i guess gt ninjah gaiden on now and sum apps mini n psp games…but i rather jus buy my vita games on hard copy to save space on my card for music..

• dan says:

can you use ps+ if you have vhbl

28. KillerBeeCan says:

Massive thanks

29. claudio says:

2.06 FTP works?

30. decius says:

Download Sony’s copy of Content Media Manager. Once installed – close it from running in system tray, download Virtous_Flames OpenCMA Patch. Extract the files, place them in C:/…/Program Files (x86 for 64bit OS)/Sony/Content Media Manager. Once you accept the permissions to copy over the files, right click the newly copied “run.bat” – Run as Administrator. Accept the Files being copied in the CMD window.

Run CMA, Connect your Vita to it while you have the content media manager open on the vita to accept USB connection. Once connected Download the apache exploit from Wololo, Extract the archive and place the correct region save game in a WINDOWS folder located in YOUR Documents/PS Vita/PSAVEDATA/955532gdgXX/. That gibberish folder is your ROOT for placing homebrew in before copying to your vita. Once the NZ00000098 folder is copied and placed into the windows gibberish folder, you can now copy the save data using the psvitas content manager.

[PC -> Vita]
    Applicatons>(PSP) Savedata.>Apache Overkill Save.

Run Apache Overkill once saved game is copied. Press X on HighScores, Enjoy VHBL.

Visit “SMOKES” VHBL HOMEBREW/EMULATORS Thread on Wololo/talk forums for easy to copy homebrew. Once the homebrew is extracted, you place the save data folder in the windows psvita gibberish folder. Then copy over to vita, run the folder in VHBL under ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ it should install. The savedata folders provided in SMOKE’s thread are already packaged for you.

To place roms in your emulator, extract here’ the INSTALL.ZIP in your emulators savedata folder, it will extract to a folder with your emus name on it, copy the roms/bios files you want then go back to the root of that emulators folder. Delete the old INSTALL.ZIP, and then right click on the emus folder then “Make Archive” a window will appear, VERY IMPORTANT RENAME THE ARCHIVE AS INSTALL.ZIP, THEN SET COMPRESSION TO STORE. SETTING IT TO NORMAL WON’T WORK!

once you make the Archive, delete the emu folder thats beside your newly created INSTALL.ZIP. recopy the savedata to PS Vita, run VHBL re-install emulator.

Apache vhbl freezing? Run System Settings on PS VITA, Delete PSP Application* Data. It’s blank by default so you wont accidently delete your game, trust me. Its full of corrupted data which is failed/succesful homebrew installs in vhbl, delete them all – make a new vhbl install.

Then tell Sony, Y U NO MAKE FEATURES FOR THIS QUADCORE DURRRRRRRRR!

31. JoJoV69 says:

uo_SNES9x 0.02y32 works with apache

32. JoJoV69 says:

Make sure, however you set the frameskips to not automatic…its terribly slow if you do

33. mdtodd229 says:

every game i download from the the site u gave. i always get corrupted file on my vita while im trin to copy from pc to vita. any reason why

• wololo says:

Try to uncompress the zip with another tool. Make sure you copied the savedata at the righy place. Is this your first time using cna to copy stuff to your vita?

• mdtodd229 says:

yes it is but I finally got it but now I cant seem to get the games/roms in the right place to show up for picodrive or any other

34. Frogmonkeycloaka says:

Hey, does anybody know how get lamecraft or slender portable working on this version? cheers!

35. itidakimas says:

Whats the max file size a save file with games can be? Im trying to transfer 25 games on gpsp however the Install.zip file is not being copied to the PS Vita….. is this due to the size or am i doing something wrong?

36. mdtodd229 says:

yes it is but I finally got but now I cant seem to get the games/roms in the right place to show up for picodrive or any other

37. ZunnerX says:

I have a 102 games on the gpsp, I put them in the savedata and gave me no problems, what if I forgot the first time was to put the .zip uncompressed and the screen get stuck, try to put the file in uppercase (INSTALL.ZIP). Sorry for my bad english.

38. sergio says:

can any body teach me how to intall wagic the homebrew tanks