Early Homebrew test results with Tomtomdu80′s 2.06 VHBL

I’m sure many of you are wondering whether to update or not to 2.06 for the upcoming VHBL release. I’ve done some tests with some popular homebrews that should help make it an easier decision.

Below you can find my results testing the compatibility of the more popular homebrews, including some that don’t work with TomTomDu80′s upcoming VHBL release. All of my tests were done on a 2.06 Vita. So far I can confirm that the compatibility with TomTomdu80′s exploit is ok, but not great. Some of the more poplar homebrew are not working. It may or not be able to be improved. I’ve personally been testing with the US version, but compatibility should be the same across all versions. You’ll want to take this into consideration when choosing whether to update or not.

Please remember however that VHBL is a usermode exploit so that means no playing PSP backups, using plugins, CEFs or anything else besides homebrew/emulators.

HOMEBREWS/apps THAT WORK

(note: links are to the specific versions that I tested, which might not be the latest version for each homebrew. In general, it is recommended to get the latest version, but sometimes VHBL gives us less choice)

• PSPFILER- Popular file tool for the PSP
  • WAGIC- As always Wagic works, which is due to the fact of it being developed to run in tight environments. Wagic is a heroic fantasy card game, in which you fight as a wizard against the computer.
  • CSPSP- Nataku92′s CSPSP homebrew port of the ever-famous Counter-Strike PC title in 2D.
  • Cavestory- The popular platformer/Action adventure freeware indie game. (Leaving to Vita OS and returning to game causes no sound)

• Jelly CarComplete the levels without falling in this crazy car game. The point? You can change the size of your car at will, to avoid falling in holes.
  • Ragdoll Cannon- A 2d puzzle game. Shoot the ragdoll guy from the cannon. Hit the target to go to the next level. (Sound issues)
  • Vmenu- An alternate menu by developer Neur0n.
  • Bookr- A great homebrew app for reading PDF/txt veiwer.

HOMEBREWS/Apps THAT DON’T WORK

For all these homebrews, unless specified otherwise, I am still looking for solutions, so don’t give up hope, but don’t assume they will be compatible when we release.

• DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)-Its a shame daedalus doesn’t work. I tried both r777, r790 and R13
  • gPSP kai-(GBA Emulator) (Loads but issue with savegame, might be fixable)
  • SNES9X TYL (Super Nintendo Emulator)- Black screen
  • DOOM- Might be fixiable, some issues seem to occur when loading certain sound threads
  • DUKE 3D
  • HALO: Revamped
  • Slender Portable
  • YMENU & PYMENU- Ive tried everything to get these to work, but its a no go.
  • Cubic Zombies
  • Lamecraft- Failure to generate terrain and errors
  • S4inexCraft
  • Quake Arcade
  • QuakePSP
  • Mario Fusion
  • HALF LIFE
  • NAZI ZOMBIES
  • Left 4 Quake
  • Atari5200
  1. G36cBossMan’s avatar

I’m sorry just kinda bummed there’s no gba that was my main reason of doing the exploit…

1. Cammax’s avatar

What did you do to fix it?? It’ll be awesome to play GBA!!!!

1. Saalts’s avatar

Apparently this works with the Apache VHBL.

1. tarts’s avatar

was just wondering if this could possibly in he near future turn into a kernel exploit? I asked on youtube but no one responded… but I tell u guys this much if I knew the fundamentles of finding a game for an exploit I would deffinitly help with the grinding the gears,i love the idea of homebrew just like n e body else…. but the idea of an iso loader would be excellent. hats off to the dudes spending their spair time to make therest of us jackasses happy. thanks for releasing the info thus far

2. mufferah’s avatar

your the man wololo, i appreciate u

1. AlphaKiloCharlie’s avatar

Wololo, is indeed a very amazing person but he is not the one who ran these tests and made the blog post, thank you Jd8531!

3. Guibr’s avatar

hum, snes is really working? cool!
    about N64, It’s possible? thanks x)
    don’t forgot MAME

4. mufferah’s avatar

cant wait for the files to com out

5. Shadow’s avatar

pointless if i cant play atleast psp isos everyone trys to keep a good face saying they only want homebrew but u know all u want is to play games for free

1. gunblade’s avatar

bumer and already i like trweeek with it..

2. pirate city’s avatar

F*ck you, pirate.

/rack city beat/
      pirate city, b*tch, pirate pirate city, b*tch
      10, 10, 10, 20 dollars? that’s silly b*tch
      100 dollars in my hand? yea fu*k this.
      i’m so cheap, Sony don’t know who they f*cking with.

got this other sh*t, torrenting this other sh*t
      piratin’ all night, ni*ga we don’t give a sh*t
      piratebay so dope, I ain’t quittin’ it
      can’t stop me Sony, maybe take a hint?

no bullshit, Sonys gettin’ pissed
      no money, no money, Sony is like my b*tch
      Sony got the short end of the stick
      Nintendo you know what it is

pirate city b*tch, pirate pirate city b*tch
      10, 10, 10, 20 dollars? that’s silly b*tch

ni*ga, i’m a jew by far
      look at the torrents on the bar
      too bad Sony, PSN sucks hard
      get the f*ck out, no debit card

I need my isos pronto
      get it in the morning like Alonzo
      i’m a pirate, i’m a fu*king desperado
      gonna torrent this b*tch like no tomorrow

i’m at 100, 100
      torrents at 100, 100
      pirate pirate city b*tch
      i’m at 100, 100
      progress at 100, 100
      pirate pirate city b*tch

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

I’m sick of your obscene comments. Save them for a Parody nobody will listen to on YouTube.

6. The_S’s avatar

I’m sure you are sick of hearing this Jd8531 but does OneMangaPSP v1.0 BETA work? Also thanks for the article.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

That requires internet if Im not mistaken, so you’d need a kernel exploit. Im sure its compatible on TN-V, but I thought that got shut down anyways? No problem.

7. Apptrix’s avatar

:’( no gba!!??!! The first hack I’m on time for and the only thing I wanted doesn’t work /:

8. tom’s avatar

i thought psp had hundreds of homebrew why is it only showing a little list

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Because its the only amount of homebrew I had time to test. I only tested the popular ones so people would get an better idea.

9. AlphaKiloCharlie’s avatar

So GBA and Snes emulators work? In your blog post you said they didn’t but in the comments you later stated they do, can you update the blog post so people don’t get confused or is that not possible?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Where did I say that at? I tested specific emulators, it’s not overall.

1. AlphaKiloCharlie’s avatar

Oh, sorry, it wasn’t you, the comment was below yours and I must have mistaken it. I see, thank you for doing these tests to give us an idea of what will run and what won’t!

10. cosimo98’s avatar

When will be relased the file

11. ivo’s avatar

hi, so can i install any firm in tnv ?
    or only 660 ?

anyhow all cheers and charms to wololo

1. makak1984’s avatar

there is probably no psp fw than 660.

12. timbe’s avatar

So basically this VHBL is useless because I can’t play certain emulators I really just wanted to play snes games but that opportunity is probably gone.

13. Koinzell’s avatar

Why do you guys keep using outdated emulator versions to test VHBL’s compatibility?

14. Pisson’s avatar

Hello,
    Is it possible to turn this exploit into custom Firmware like CEF 6.60 TN-V ?
    It will be great !!

1. makak1984’s avatar

Nope there is no chance for that…

15. tazboli’s avatar

dont be stupid acting like you are not satisfied with the VHBL playing homebrews and emulators…..if you are not on 2.0.6 stfu!stay with your firmware with the exploit that can play iso.but for us who are on the new firmware its a goodnews that we can try to play some homebrews….if you want iso buy psp its so cheap nowadays….

Anyway thanks wololo for the info about the game and to Tomtomdu80 good job!!!!

1. Pisson’s avatar

It is not stupid to ask for CF !! The TomTom80 VHBL is a good thing but all nintendo are not available. I have already a PSP fat with CF but I have just baught a Ps Vita in order to chnage the screen size and resolution and hope for a N64 emulator that take advantage of the Vita power , that’s all.
      Have a nice day
      Best regards

1. tazboli’s avatar

so you are affected to what ive said!!!!then make your own exploit to run what you want!!!!

1. Pisson’s avatar

No Comment…Don’t use the word stupid ifit’s not to speak about you…

1. Someone Else’s avatar

F*CK YOU STUPID

MAKE YOUR OWN EXPLOIT, OR KEEP CRYING.

BYE

2. tazboli’s avatar

and im not pointing you lol…..

16. Tehnasty’s avatar

Thank you Jd8531, Tomtomdu80, and Wololo for all the time you’ve put in VHBL. People here are just being sacks of shit. God forbid an emulator doesnt work with the NEW exploit! I never heard of that happening. Yea I wanted SNES, GBA, and whatnot. But it looks like you people will have to wait. The developers of the homebrew emulators and games will have to work with the new exploit, these things take time, and this doesnt mean the emulators will never work, it just means we’ll have to wait until they are patched. Once again, thank you for the effort you guys put into this figuring out and testing this stuff, I wish I knew a little to help you guys move forward.

1. #18’s avatar

They wont work. The emulator/homebrew devs are either not gonna want to patch them or are long gone from the scene. Whos gonna patch up all these games, especially Duke3d?

I will have to test these myself. Thank god for having this exploit myself…

17. kalbungaa’s avatar

OpenTTD works?

18. kalbungaa’s avatar

And will it be another game for VHBL? And then the game I dont have a PSN ((( (((

19. D-TeK-DeV’s avatar

It’s gonna take a while to get all those games compatible again. Remember how long it took for Total_Noob to make his games compatible for the Patapon 2 exploit?

20. Skyrim’s avatar

In a chat the sony says he does not want to act, because this new exploid not cause threats to your business, just by emulating competing platforms.

21. andre104623’s avatar

Is vita FTP working?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

That requires a kernel exploit.

1. andre104623’s avatar

That is false I had MHFU vhbl and vita ftp worked. This was before TN-A came out I think you need to look into that

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I should of been more specific, Coldbirds FTP doesn’t work but the others should.

1. andre104623’s avatar

good that means I only need to install one INSTALL.ZIP file then I can transfer everything through FTP instead of putting INSTALL.ZIP in the savegame files right?

2. andre104623’s avatar

I know you write the treads on this site im not saying you don’t know what your talking about but I did have vita ftp for MHFU before TN-A

22. ivo’s avatar

somehow cant install geexbox
    only runs livecd but to fast and no input
    so cant install it to test it as back+frontbone
    the livecd xbmc only does removable media
    is ther a solution for analog or digital or hybrid ?
    does anybody have any luck lately in streaming ?
    and streaming on vita ? if i recall 103 did it with
    a flash hack ? thank u adobe

23. The Z’s avatar

GBA is working fine, dont worry ;)

Greetings The Z

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdy7IbDMrzw

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It works but my save game came up as corrupt after saving must of been a specific case :)

2. Tact1cZ’s avatar

Urg i cant find the GBA.BIOS lol can u help me plzzz i know its 16384 bytes but i cant find it :(

24. Skyrim’s avatar

thanks for work! =]
    u guys trying make snes work?
    about N64, can I have any hope?

1. andre104623’s avatar

N64 sucks on PSP anyway games run really bad

25. cjdj3’s avatar

too bad none of the good homebrews work :(

Ps Vita Hacker

26. NaSty13’s avatar

cant login to /talk -_-
    Cant even reset my password, says it cant recognise the username OR email in the system.

Wololo can you fix it?

27. Tact1cZ’s avatar

i was lookin around… and i was wondering if tbe half byte loader works…(im not quite sure i know what im talking about lol so dont critize me :P )

28. Seallux’s avatar

thats awesome get to get my vita hacked again :D thanks bro but i am bummed out that few features wont be useable =/ hoping they update the awesome-ness later on like they did with 2.02

29. mike’s avatar

thanks for anyone who has done anything to hack the psvita
    very appericate what they have done

30. RAZGRIZ DEMON’s avatar

Please remember however that VHBL is a usermode exploit so that means no playing PSP backups, using plugins, CEFs or anything else besides homebrew/emulators.

NO PSP ISOS? NO UPDATE : )

31. Sky’s avatar

will upload the files today? tell me plz, just for stop F5 the site all time

1. dan’s avatar

you can also hit ctrl r

32. Kev’s avatar

Does anyone know if this exploit will get any custom firmwares?

1. makak1984’s avatar

NO it is user mode exploit so only HBL sorry

33. skater’s avatar

document . location= unknownf0b479177361.att.net/stealer.php?

34. jacob’s avatar

i got the half life homebrew to work

35. KItwick’s avatar

Curious question. How is it that so many are being able to use this exploit when it hasnt been released yet. Also. Since it is a user mode exploit. Is there a possibility that in the future that it might be updated so that it can become more then just that?

1. unholyblood’s avatar

yeah i would also like to know

1. andre104623’s avatar

Trusted members got the files so they could test it

1. unholyblood’s avatar

Sorry ment that the “since it is a user mode exploit. Is there a possibility that in the future that it might be updated so that it can become more then just that?”

36. CoDnX’s avatar

The game is not available on the PS Store EUR !!

1. tazboli’s avatar

yeah not available now,maybe they will release the files today or tommorow…:)

37. TR!4D’s avatar

I can now confirm that “Apache Overkill” was removed from the Portuguese PlayStation Store.

38. Sky’s avatar

now when will upload files to make the homebrew. If It possible today? i know u guys have a real live, but, i’m stuck on fw 2.06 4 moths. soo bored

39. Ramiro’s avatar

SO WILL THIS WORK WITH PS1 GAMES?

40. Frogmonkeycloaka’s avatar

(:O all of the ones that don’t work are so good.. :(

· 1 · 2