[VITA] Can’t login to the PSN? Here’s how you can still access Netflix.

Can’t log in to PSN because of being on a lower firmware? Here’s how you can still access Netflix.

Now we all know that most of you are holding out on a lower firmware because of wanting access to an exploit or due to the “Here is another mandatory update” bombs that happen very often, so the fact that you cant access PSN let alone Netflix which is another service that costs a monthly fee can be disheartening. Worry not, as you can actually access Netflix on the Vita while on a lower firmware. If you happen to be on a PS3, Wololo wrote an article describing a method for accessing Netflix on a PS3 without PSN here.

Described here for the Vita, is a similar technique to the PS3 one that is extremely simple and blocks out certain Sony domains that’ll open up the way to watching movies and tv shows once again! So to start you’re going to need Charles Proxy and blatantly, a PlayStation Vita on a lower firmware.

You have to have Charles installed first. Start it up, and route your internet Vita traffic to it. This is done by setting your proxy in the vita to the IP address of your computer Charles is running on. It would be something like 192.168.1.1 (though this only works on your local network, unless you do port forwarding, ect). Then you set the port, 8888.

Now, you can navigate to the Netflix app and start it up. You should see items popping up on Charles. Right click and blacklist at least “http://fus01.psp2.update.playstation.net” (though I did every viable non-Netflix url.) Then run Netflix again, and it works. Next time you try to log into Netflix, the Vita will think Sony’s servers are down and will give you an error (NW-10743-5) which is fine, just hit OK and login! Simple as that!

However, if you want some extra protection against Sony you could also blacklist these as well, which are active while using Netflix.

Well that about covers it! I’m sure this will be handy at some point in the near future. Thanks again to Theredbaron for helping out with this!

1. HeroEduard0’s avatar

Interesting…

2. gunblade’s avatar

wish i had a comp to try it on maybe layters..

3. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

Definitely trying this later =)

4. natsu’s avatar

so… uhm, using this method, i can update my facebook, and other apps like youtube?

1. Theredbaron’s avatar

No, sorry, doesn’t work.

It “only” lets you use Netflix, as netflix has the “power” to say no to sony’s instance on connecting to their server’s for “anything”. Now Netflix does still connect, but if sony’s servers are down, as has happened way to often, it will just let you sign in.

Facebook, ect, “make” you connect to sony before you can do anything. So, sorry.

5. Theredbaron’s avatar

Ha, cool. My name’s on the front page. :)

6. joyeop’s avatar

vcs são os melhores

7. ricerrr’s avatar

nice i love watching netflix on my vita
    thanks for the help

8. vnt’s avatar

I had UNO exploit and fw 2.02, I don’t have PS3. Tell me how I can access the PSN. Thank you.

9. niklg3’s avatar

why why why now? you could not publish this article before posting VHBL?? I have given a kernel exploit now who gives me the assurance that the next exploit is also kernel!!

1. xoombie503’s avatar

who gives me the assurance that you stfu…if you gave up a kernel exploit,thats ur fault and nobody forced u to

1. niklg3’s avatar

perhaps you did not understand I use google translator: D

10. clarens’s avatar

Wow it work for me now do i have to do this all the time to access netflix and if i close charles proxy and turn on netflix again will it work

11. fares’s avatar

why cant you stop this posts and get to real things about hacking psvita gether a group of hackers and start real hack on vita you know to many hackers try to make them work together and leave us from this boring posts dev team hack every iphone and every update with fast why cant you while you cant hack one console that’s weired

1. wololo’s avatar

Great idea! Please assemble your dream team, hack the vita, and come back when you’re done. We will definitely blog about it.

1. Lytera’s avatar

Im sorry but that made me laugh my ass off wololo u just made my day thanks…

12. Janchower’s avatar

This trick has pretty much doubled the value of my PSVita. I dont’ care about the PSnetwork but I did miss Netflix!

What I did was get an account at opendns.com and through there block all of the addresses to the playstation network. Really easy.

I haven’t tried yet but blacklisting the PS network could be a real safeguard in addition to simply allowing Netflix. It’s easy when using the Vita to accidentally press a button and have it connect to PSN, and I was always getting upgrade requests when connecting through Open CMA. I’ve been afraid to let my son touch this unit for fear that I would get it back fully upgraded… I think this should prevent that.

13. sniper sam’s avatar

whaats the point of accesing netflix if your not in america

1. wololo’s avatar

You can access Netflix from outside of the US by using either a VPN or DNS redirection. Our sister site explains it here: http://makesmarttv.net/netflix-on-ps3-watch-netflix-with-your-ps3-from-outside-the-us/ (the technique described for the ps3 also works on the Vita).

I’ve been using US Netflix from Japan for several months now.

14. wickechew’s avatar

thanks walolo.// your blog has most interesting for vita.. anyhow, dont care for that troll and his dream team.. he dosnt understand any code and want the hack asap and for FREE.. thanks for the tidbits cheers

15. nitr8’s avatar

What about a solution to apps like Maxdome, Lovefilm and so on for PS3 users that got PSN banned…?

16. Rei’s avatar

Hey did anyone else get stuck at a loading screen after they tried to input their netflix credentials?
    i got everything to work and blocked all the sony related stuff
    i’m wondering if its because i’m on a lower version of netflix cause i’ve never updated it cause i always assumed it would never work

17. Dmaskell92’s avatar

I would like to report this no longer works. Everything loads until I go to play an actual video. I then get “There was a problem communicating with the network. Please try again.

18. Jennifer’s avatar

I used the charles proxy for my 2.61 vita firmware and netflix works great i dont have to update to 3.00 and can still watch my anime via netflix on my vita