The Unreal Engine- An Unreal Engine?

Minimur12

Huh, this notebox is good. Password: Minimurspassword /talk password: minimur12pass Hold on, people can see this?

You may also like...

1. mel says:

oh man i think its gonna be the shit…and i think they did pretty good in the pass…now lets see what there gonna bring to the table this time around..

2. gunblade says:

unreal tormanament… think its used
    in dust 514

3. Saul says:

The Unreal Engine is pretty sweet. I use the Unreal Engine when I have time, but been using Maya more lately for projects. Both are pretty awesome.

4. solidsnake says:

i like the unreal engine right before bed

5. GuitaristMatt says:

Can’t wait to see quantic dream again!

6. IgnusArmagadan says:

Unreal Engine is always the first engine to show off what is possible in the next generation and then as the generation it debuts in develops, the engine gets way overused and becomes pretty generic aside from a few stand out titles and other developers create their own game engines that blow it out of the water. Square Enix and Quantic Dream just to name a couple.

7. johnny says:

You should replace that crap looking america’s army with a game worthy of Unreal Engine 2.

And that is Unreal 2. Back then in 2003 it earned the best looking game award for a reason you know ;)

It was the Crysis of 2003. CoD1 looked better than Americas Army.

• DMand420 says:

It wouldn’t be a fair comparison if he didn’t use the first games for the unreal engine since it UE4 hasn’t had a chance to show its full potential yet imo

8. FZFalzar says:

I personally code stuff in Unreal, mainly UE2.5 for Killing Floor. Too bad Unrealscript is gonna be obsolete in UE4 :(

9. w3ird00 says:

I still play Unreal Tournament 1, it’s so good.

10. lkjbhkj says:

jetpack joyride crash on vita. it will be helpful for hack ?

11. LiudvikasLTU says:

Hey guys, a bit off topic, but vita’s price droppedin japan from 25o$ to 215$. The drop is also awaited on onther countries, so yeah!

12. Cuco says:

“Even if you’re* a playstation lover like me.”

13. keanudag says:

I alredy tried out UDK with the Unreal Engine 3. Its very easy to design great levels.

14. hgoel0974 says:

Oh, you guys know that Mortal Kombat for the Vita was made in UDK too! So, yeah it supports the Vita!

15. vitacfw says:

cant wait for tn-v to be relewsed :D its vunna be awsome lol

16. solidsnake says:

Dude… Dont you guys get it???
    We are getting really really close to that point where video game graphics start to look spookyly real, to the point where you have to turn the game off because you swear that you just saw someone real get their head chopped off!!!!

Becareful everybody… reality is becoming digitized!!!

• solidsnake says:

Have you seen that part in the new tomb raider where she is riding down a stream of water and a piece of metal pipe goze right through her jaw and then head and you have to do it over and over again until that stops happening? DuDE!!!!!

• Chasez671 says:

Oh yeah, that one! I swear, that was the nastiest death in the game. I felt like I was gonna throw up! Luckily, I only had that happen once before I passed it.

17. solidsnake says:

Just like Heavy Rain but with better graphics… Im scared to play games now because its too darn real yo

18. solidsnake says:

Once again I am giving the nvidia some shield some credit because I think I will get a heck of a lot more out of this device for the price compared anything sony comes up with.
    Its a different ball park. Bring a different bat yo.

19. solidsnake says:

Seriously. I feel like we have been here before. A overpriced graphics powerhouse that doesnt deliver gameplay or story. You get bored very quickly once you eyes have fully adjusted to the amazing graphics…

Seriously. Graphics are great, but without good gameplay or story, that does not matter…

Wait and see… Go over to your buddys house first to play his ps4 to decide if its right for you. Just like when we were kids and and your friend had that brand new nintendo that you drooled over but for some reason you didnt have…
    Why is that???

• #18 says:

Unreal Tournament… Has the graphics and the gameplay.

Kinda hope UT4/20xx is the first to use this engine. Or maybe I just want another UT.

20. solidsnake says:

Im really sorry about all my comments. You can erase them if you want. I dont want to be bad.

21. cscash241 says:

unreal engine vs cryengine
    The latest version of cryengine is freaking sexy as hell

22. Acid_Snake says:

I have more faith with the Fox Engine, have you seen what that thing can do with current gen? current gen!!!

23. TStrauss says:

This is a rather anemic description of the Unreal Engine and its iterations. There’s no mention of UE 2.5 (Bioshock 1 & 2 were made using that, not 3!), and no mention of the criticisms of UE3 (godawful texture pop-in, Epic Games being stingy with updates to third parties). Also, the iOS Unreal Engine is not the same as UE3; it is derivative of it, but far from the same level of detail (check out the water implementation in Epic Castle for a glaring example).

I also think “Good Samaritan” is a better example of UE4, but it isn’t running on a console. I believe it is running on a high end PC with multiple GPUs in Crossfire/ SLI. I would throw that video up as well, since it highlights the major improvements of UE4 (tessellation, largely increased numbers of particles, etc.)

• TStrauss says:

Sorry, a few fact corrections of my post.

1) the “Samaritan” video is actually the UE3 from 2011, running on three GTX 580s. Those features are all in the current UDK. I’d still throw that video up to show where UE3 has gone since Gears of War (the first UE3 title to my knowledge).

2) Epic Games claims that Epic Citadel, Infinity Blade, etc. are all running UE3. I still think this claim is misleading at best. Even comparing Gears of War (early UE3) to Epic Citadel shows glaring differences. I’m sure iOS UE is derived from UE3, but I would not call them the same.

Apologies for the lack of clarity.