Ps Vita anniversary games W/o PSN access!

As you all know, We have reached the first year with our Ps Vita!! Sony was so generous in fact, To give us free games. If you did not know, read Minimur12′s article here.

Some of you (like me) who own only 1 Vita, and are on 2.02 with the Uno hack could not seem to obtain it, Because you cannot get it from the online store, nor the PS3 store… But, There are still some rays of hope!! We have found some methods (thanks to user “capnwinky”) to bypass this and get the games. Here are some methods used to obtain the games, and when you update, and (hopefully) when we have a hack, we can enjoy them with leisure.

Method 1

The first method to “GET” the games is to usually and (obviously) get it from the Vita store. But this comes in with a heavy price… We have to sacrifice our eCFW and update. We can have access to the PSN store, But no backups, homebrew, or TN-V. Some of you, who have decided to update was only for the PSN access. There is no known exploit on 2.05 except for the one with Total_Noob. Uno could potentially be the last exploit. Read about it here.

Method 2

The second method is to get it from the Mediago store. Just use the search function to get it. Technically speaking, we won’t actually get the games and will be able to transfer it to the Vita, But, will actually be able to keep it in our downloads list for future use. This is chosen by many because they might not have a PSP or since they think this method is easier. Either way it works and make sure you get your hands on them!

Method 3

The third and the last way to get them. I bet that many of you, who were all late PSPers would own a PSP system (like me). Since we all have one, just access the PSN store on the PSP, use the search function, and download the games and keep it on your downloads list.

So, That is it!! make sure you get them!! And big thanks to capnwinky for showing us these wonderful methods. you can see his thread here.

Warning:They will only be free for 1 week, ending on the morning of Tuesday, March 12.

(so far, this has only been announced for the US region. (Finally!)

1. lol’s avatar

this is so stupid if u have the uno hack already ,you can get the games (GOOGLE IT)… and the same for a psp

1. wololo’s avatar

What you are thinking about is most likely illegal. What we are talking about is perfectly ok. Don’t mix the two things.

1. b2p1mp’s avatar

Also, the PSX support on ARK/TN is missing sound and the videos must be ripped out. I do not think this has been fixed yet.

1. Someone Else’s avatar

True. And as far as we know, it may never be.*

But also, if you use the tips in this blog, you
          end up with legitimate free games, that will
          always (I think) be on your PSN download list
          for future consoles.

*(All the blog topics suggest that the one person
          who had experience with PS1 sound and felt like
          doing this, ended up leaving anyway.)

1. garrei’s avatar

There is just that little bit of achievement by watching your PSN list get longer. same with steam, you can download all the game you want, sure, but when you know yourself that you paid for it, you appreciate it a little more. its almost like having the disc in posession its weird….

2. dan’s avatar

completely agree with lol, if you dont wanna risk, time by tyme, just get psp hack and you have that, and many games for free for a long time.

3. Stan Smith’s avatar

A 4th way and only if he releases it before is TN-V and get it from the PSP store that way.
    Wondering if you get it via TN-V will it transfer to the Vita as well or will it be TN-V only?

1. Thespillmonkey’s avatar

It will be TN-V only.

1. JeoWay’s avatar

The games would be on your Download list for when you do update your PS Vita. Now, since TN-V installs it as FBOOT, it would have to make a certain VBOOT install to the LiveArea menu. Which isn’t possible in the PSP Emulator.

4. zeroxphesnos’s avatar

I think its in the North America region. Im from Canada and have already downloaded the free games.

5. NNNRT’s avatar

I don’t have a US account. :(
    I could’ve downloaded Patapon from my PSP! :cry:
    PON PON PATA PON – PATA PATA PATA PON! :lol:

6. shurvir’s avatar

Couldn’t you download the games on the psp and transfer them on to the vita? I was pretty sure there was a homebrew or something that would allow transfer between the two.

1. Albie85’s avatar

Different format not iso when you download from psp store

1. Albie85’s avatar

Sorry and different for vita

7. Someone Else’s avatar

I just gave up Ark and TN-C for now,
    because I felt like this was a really
    generous gift, and very cool of Sony.

They’re also having a MASSIVE sale.

On top of the 4 free games, I got
    Street Fighter X Tekken for like
    28 bucks instead of 40.

Excellent game, excellent price.

8. Kyu’s avatar

Can’t you just “buy” the games on the web store?

1. J’s avatar

Stealing is cool…..

1. Kyu’s avatar

No,I meant the ACTUAL PSN Store.

1. Ven0m’s avatar

You mean the PSN store online? I think in fact that’s the easiest option yet, but the online store is very slow thou, you need to have some patience with it xD

9. pso2fans’s avatar

well, i updated my vita for pso2 :3
    *no regret*

1. Kyu’s avatar

If it got over here,I would do so as well.
      How is it’s economic system?Does it force you to buy stuff in game in order to “fully enjoy” it?

10. TecSeanMiller’s avatar

For those of you who want to get it on your PS3 just add it to your basket on PSN (using PSP) or Media Go Software and it becomes available through your account purchase/downloads list on your PS3.
    Hope this encourages everyone who wants to get these games before the offer expires.

1. Shadowcat X’s avatar

Tested and works!!!
      Now I have those free games in my VITA OFW 2.02

11. E’s avatar

i say everyone should just go ahead and update. There will always be another hack or exploit down the road. I loved my ARK eCFW & TN-C but it was just not worth it considering Sony COMPLETELY blocked all internet connectivity until you upgraded and I DO use my Vita for things other than games. i need my internet & trophy syncing.

1. Shadow Edge’s avatar

Huh? Trophy sync and of course PSN/Store access is blocked (basically anything that requires PSN login), but not Internet access…

I’m still able to browse the net and use Internet apps like Skype and Youtube with no problem. I’m on 2.02 w/ ARK.

Admittedly, I do miss having my trophies sync’d with my account since I also run Raptr to track stuff like that.

12. icyheart’s avatar

I have two psvita

13. L’s avatar

Why does method 1 contradict the title? I feel stupid reading this now.

1. Look again.’s avatar

I don’t think it contradicts.

He’s just putting the options on the table there,
      starting with the one that updates you,
      then showing 2 alternatives.

The article still supports the title, to me.

14. deathlight’s avatar

I dont get why sony wants to block eCFWs cause if there is an exploit more people will buy vita and the exploited games then sony can earn more $$

1. Shadow Edge’s avatar

Not necessarily. Yes, more people will buy the Vita, but they will lose significant sales from their cross-platform model (selling PSP games that can also be loaded into the Vita). Now, I wouldn’t like paying for a UMD I’ve already bought (even with UMD Passport), but I imagine people just getting started with PSPs & Vitas would have full access to both PSN libraries for download. No need to buy two consoles to play many PSP games.

There are the UMD-exclusives…and I think that’s where the weak link is.

15. William A.U. (NeonAera)’s avatar

Wow, thanks for the heads-up, rashi!! Much appreciated. I might try the new methods soon. Thanks again.

16. John_Scott’s avatar

already being and gone in other regions..

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-au/ps-vita-1st-birthday-sale/cid=STORE-MSF75508-VITASALEFEBC2013

17. StepS’s avatar

I noticed that some of the anniversary games contain the PSP games. So here comes another method: if MediaGo allows to download purchased PSP content, then get those EBOOTs from there and then decrypt it with tpu’s NP Decryptor for PC. You will get an iso image file which you will be able to use with eCFW.

1. tonyneyer’s avatar

media go doesnt download eboots it downloads some other filetype and then media go extracts that file onto the psp. well thats how it was when i had a psp

1. StepS’s avatar

what filetype is that? a pkg?

2. StepS’s avatar

PKGs can be easily extracted using PSP AES key

18. asmith906’s avatar

you can just go to the web store and add the free games to your cart and checkout. It’s way easier or if you have a ps3 use that.

19. tonyneyer’s avatar

another way is to download it onto your memory card using another vita on the swme account you could do this by using your friends vita and with some time.
    i will call the my vita (the one running ark) vita a, and will call my friends vita b.
    step one: remove the memory card from vita b
    step two: log out of whatever psn account is logged in on vita b
    step three: do a complete restore of vita b (this allows you to change accounts)
    step four: log into the psn account for vita A
    step five: insert the memory card from vita A
    step six: enter the psn store and get the games and download them to vita A’s memory card
    step seven: after downloading the games and apps wanted you can turn off vita b and remove vita A’s memory card.
    step eight: insert the memory card bac into vita A and turn on.
    step nine: make sure that you are logged into the swme account that both uno and the new free games were “bought” on, if they dont match up it wont work.

ive done this many times i have a friend who stays legit on the current 2.05 firmware, so he has no problems downloading from psn. my vita runs 2.02 firmware and the ark uno exploit. i also sometimes download games on my psp1001 and use adhogfile transfer to send files from my psp1001 to my vita. though it works better with a psp 3000 it still works anyway enjoy! ;)

1. Je-al’s avatar

even though i did not quite understand your step but.i think this will work..but i dont have the uno exploit…i hope wololo will soon exploit the 4 games..

20. Jakester’s avatar

What about an ad-hoc psp-ps vita set-up? Could that help with this or with moving games from the PSP to the PS Vita? Anybody do ANYTHING with the PS Vita’s ad hoc mode yet?

21. Chris.beanz’s avatar

Those of you who used method 2 you can now download all 4 games from the PSN store for free as long as you bought it on MediaGo. Thanks alot to minimur and rashidsonic for posting this work-around, I always wanted to play Patchwork heroes but have never been able to get a working rom. :)