TN-V will support all exploits

(Update: We added Everybody’s Tennis to the list, sorry for this oversight!) Total_Noob’s XMB CEF for the PS Vita will support all exploits when it releases.

So recently we reported that TN-V would one only be for the UNO 2.02 exploit but we can now confirm that it will support all exploits that have been previously released. All users with a kernel exploit on firmwares 1.61-2.02 will be able to use TN-V. If you can use eCFW right now then you’ll be able to use TN-V. Just to recap the exploit releases and their respective firmwares:

If you happen to be on a lower firmware without an exploit and happen to have a PS3, the Open CMA copying trick still works (I have not had time to personally test this, but reports are that it’s still working.) Furthermore, just to add clarification there are no exploits available and most likely wont be one for firmware 2.05, a usermode (VHBL) exploit will probably be the next to release; which is not capable of TN-V or anything other than homebrew. Also to address some other concerns, TN-V will not support USB functionality with the case being that primarily the USB is not emulated in the PSP emulator.

TN-V is set to release in March 2013.

1. chuckthetekkie’s avatar

Figures, the one feature I was hoping for won’t be included. I wanted USB support.

I do hope that the exploit for 2.05 stays far away from Sony until Sony vastly improves the Vita with a huge update.

1. gunblade’s avatar

the next big sony vita update should be around the ps4 realse n n come with the 4g think it will be for wifi , remote play,they will probly add more new fetures for the ps4 n vita conection much like the remoteplay cross play function hopefuly they fix the small thing like app lags..

1. trey’s avatar

Thanks again, Gunblade, for yet again informing the public while putting the English language to rest.

2. dave ross’s avatar

Does this mean I can update and not worry?

1. Lymus’s avatar

“Furthermore, just to add clarification there are no exploits available and most likely wont be one for firmware 2.05″

so …. no you shouldn’t …

3. yosh’s avatar

Everybody’s Tennis too ;) lol

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Sorry, my memory is getting bad :p I will update it.

2. Whackm’s avatar

I thought everyone’s tennis was just a usermode exploit? It’s kernel mode also?

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

kernel exploits are not in the game, they are in the system (on this case in the psp emu), the game is used just to start the exploit.

1. jd20dog’s avatar

some kernel exploits are not compatible with different games
          as the game might not have the access to pull the kernel needed

1. yosh’s avatar

public pspemu kernel exploits are compatible with all public user exploits though currently

4. The Z’s avatar

The Tennis exploit should work too. And the other Monster Hunter exploits should work aswell. ;)

5. >_>’s avatar

Sweet, looking forward to this. :D

6. Leires’s avatar

Sweet deliciousness. I’m gonna be selling or trading my vita for someone elses come Soul Sacrifice, but that’s great news that anyone with an exploit can use it. : D

7. mystic_shadow’s avatar

This is sweet I cant wait and looks like I gotta buy another vita lol for soulS good work Tn

8. diamondmeek’s avatar

If you look on http://www.psvitaturkiye.com/ they have a 2.05 VHBL game exploit an more. It’s in Turkish though so user Google Chrome for translating or good luck reading it.

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes, we mentioned it in this article: http://wololo.net/2013/02/17/video-a-new-usermode-vita-exploit-in-the-works/ , and I have been following up with xmax to help him port his exploit to VHBL.

9. Nemesis’s avatar

What a great news!!!! by the way what’s the open cma ps3 trick??? I’m on 2.02 and I recently got an updated my ps3. Can I still copy games from the console to the vita ? if so how ?? LONG LIVE WOLOLO!!!…..BEST MAN ON EARTH!!!

1. yoretro727’s avatar

please lemme kno too

2. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

I would like a link to instructions for this trick as well, lol. =p

3. HIMFan’s avatar

The trick is simple. But before you do it you must buy whatever game for the exploit on your PS3 first. A PSPMini would be your best bet, they’re all inexpensive. I haven’t tried all of them but Urbanix seemed to be the easiest. Secondly you must have CMA on your PC and OpenCMA installed after that. So here are the steps.
      1. Go to the CMA app on your Vita.
      2. Connect it to the PC. (I always recommend making a backup of everything too, especially if you’re about to connect it to the PS3 in step 4.)
      3. After its plugged in and waiting for you to transfer something, you’ve effectively created a portal to the Vita that didn’t exist before. So, without touching anything, or closing anything, unplug the Vita. Take the Vita and its cord and plug it into your PS3.
      4. Go to the game that you downloaded and installed and press Triangle on it.
      5. Choose copy and select the Vita as the recipient.
      6. That’s it! You can exit the CMA app if you wish. But I recommend backing up the newly downloaded game to your PC. (that way you don’t have to use this PS3 method everytime).

Side note, you can still play the game on the PS3 as well. That’s what I did, bought it for the Vita exploit but kept using it on my PS3 as to not conflict save files :D

4. Mr. MaGoo’s avatar

I rescently got the “please update” on my vita. At that point it would not let me connect to open cma. I had to restore my psv in order to connect to cma. Here are the steps that I took. This process registers the vita as well.

1: restore psv (only if u have the update psv issue)
      2: sign in through the restore
      3: put vita in airplane mode
      4: connect the vita to computer using open cma
      5: unplug the vita without exiting open cma
      6: plugin to ps3 and select ps3 on the vita cma
      7: download uno through the ps3 (must have game in bubble form on ps3)
      8: enjoy your exploit :-)

DO NOT restore if you do not have a ps3 as you will not be able to register the psv and use any current exploits.

1. aki’s avatar

how do you keep it in bubble form? And how do you get it onto ps3 without buying,.. I mean I have 15 Vita games so it is not pirating stuff but I’ll do it if there is a way to get one of those *fixed/removed* games onto vita

10. Dutt’s avatar

What about unreleased exploits?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

If another kernel exploit is ever released, then it should work on that fine.

1. Dutt’s avatar

i mean different game same kernal 2.02fw

1. yosh’s avatar

for a different user exploit kernel exploits naturally work the same.
          but there’s always the path and such to change depending on the user exploit, so would require few manual changes (usually doable with mere binaries if you know what you’re doing)
          but maybe tn will even still have his “easy to port” method running

11. johnno’s avatar

Where it says there will be no USB functionality, does that mean I won’t be able to hook the Vita to my laptop to transfer games via Vita FTP anymore ?

That is the only way that works for me transferring games and need this to work.

1. gunblade’s avatar

its jus for the psp emulator like say if yu was thinking to do wat i was an use the usb port to connect a hard drive n run it from the psp emu on the vita n play hombrew thats on the hard drive one idea i had around the whole psp sandbox was to connect the psp usb to the vita accesery port but jus saying wat i was thinking

2. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

uhhh, FTP is made so that you wont have to use the USB…everything is transferred over wifi…the USB cord has nothing to do with the communication between your PC and the Vita when using the FTP server.

12. Orange Finger’s avatar

Not that anyone cares, but that android port onto psvita contest is ending soon I think…

1. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

Whoa, Android port? I never heard about this, lol.

1. gunblade’s avatar

well sony borrowed the idea but made there games for outher mobile os

13. kikershadow’s avatar

My dream come true still urbanix, Thanks TN,and wololo.

14. bromanbro’s avatar

Awesome news. Also, Vita FTP will work, because that uses wireless not USB. In other words, anything that works on eCFW will work on TV-v, but you still won’t have USB because the Vita’s port is proprietary (plus the USB port isn’t emulated in the PSP emulator).

1. gunblade’s avatar

think they emulathing the psp go n the new psp the won with no wifi

2. johnno’s avatar

Bromanbro, that sounds good then to me. I’m not sure what you guys are talking about. What else uses USB. The only thing I know is just charging and hooking it up to your pC via USB cable ?

15. frosty’s avatar

Everybody’s Tennis is available at 1.61 and below, but Motorstorm is available at 1.61. AFAIK

16. frosty’s avatar

Everybody’s Tennis is available at 1.61 and below, but Motorstorm is available at 1.60. AFAIK

17. Yuu’s avatar

This is rather pleasant news, thanks to everyone involved and Mr Jd8531 for the news update. :)

I think as far as exploits being released, we will see a 2-3 month gap in the coming months due to all the conferences happening so users should take note. E3 being the biggest would bring a Vita FW update.

18. wartaf’s avatar

great news, although i already read it on forum :D

that’s a relief for us who didnt updated to get the UNO exploit.

19. Matthew’s avatar

It is possible to downgrade ps vita firmware 2.05 to 2.01??

1. gunblade’s avatar

i dont think there any public downgrader i is becuz sony did like the same thing they did with the ps3 in 3.60 with there slim that loaded the firmware from a flash memory or sumthing..

1. gunblade’s avatar

i dont think there any public downgrader. i think it is becuz sony did like the same thing they did with the ps3 in 3.60 with there slim that loaded the firmware from a flash memory or sumthing..so the firmware on the vita is kinduf hard to get to by software..

20. gux2k3’s avatar

newbe here, thanks man

21. johnno’s avatar

Also I really hope Motor Storm works with this release as I have tried many images of this game with no luck using the Uno exploit.

And I wonder if compatibility will be better worse with this does anyone know ?

22. MRCHUNKS’s avatar

Download It on Monday!

23. cesa’s avatar

TN-V suporte bluetooth

24. FoFiX’s avatar

tn-v suports blue tooth?!

1. Jd8531’s avatar

There are no Bluetooth modules to begin with so no it won’t.

25. Renan Bianchi’s avatar

Does anyone know where i can find this openCMA trick that wololo mentioned?

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

forum, there like 13456658461 thread about that.

26. NEO-B’s avatar

Hi, I have a Vita on 1.80. Am I too late for the 1.80 Monster Hunter exploit?

1. stepenlu07’s avatar

No your fine, but if you have a ps3 you can buy the uno game and update your vita to 2.02 fw then transfer the game to your vita.

27. Dario’s avatar

date of release?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Sometime in March, not quite sure specifically.

28. KuroRyuu913’s avatar

I was so hyped till I read No USB Functionality. Wanted to blow people’s minds with a PS VIta as a PS3 controller, well thats not going to happen now huh….
    Sad face. Oh well. Still hyped for the Release.

29. ramenking’s avatar

are u guys never happy its being release on all the kernal exploits, ever1 was piss off cause it was only gonna be for the uno exploit. now you not happy cause it has no usb support :facepalm: great work keep it up :P

30. Darenvy’s avatar

This is great news! woot woot!

31. papimax68’s avatar

I am very grateful for all for now, I look forward eCFW-TN_V. You will also Wololo appreciation for all

32. Mud’s avatar

YES! YES! YESS!
    This is grate news!
    Thanks TN team. :)

33. Jonathan Huebert’s avatar

so i just saw a video on youtube of some kid with a vita running tn-v which isnt even out yet… he was speaking spanish… anybody know about this? search vita exploit 2.05 on yiutube and you will find it.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

He doesn’t have it. He just took TN’s video and put it in his.

34. Sastaruto’s avatar

the new tn-v exploit will only support homebrew not iso games right? i didn’t get what he said in the last paragraph.

35. SubZero DeZigns’s avatar

Thank you Total_Noob, for the compatibility of the lower exploits.

1. StepS’s avatar

y no butter

36. Sin’s avatar

why did i update my vita………….

37. somebody’s avatar

i have a vita with tennis on v1.61 but the article says v1.60 or below for tennis will it work for me ?

38. qwertz’s avatar

@somebody: of course.. It is quite obvious that TN-V will support the exploits. Hence the game do cause these exploits, everybody with a working exploit will get this to work

39. Chuck’s avatar

Do i need one of the games to hack my vita or ill be able to hack it when TN_V will be released ?

40. Kgon’s avatar

I hate mi life and all this complex ( to me ) exploits , kernels , vhbls, arks, cfws stuff and methods to have homebrew on vita …but what i hate most is to wait for a method that works with 2.05 firm (Wich i have) so i won’t be able to play neogeo emulator that was the only thing a wanted to do with vita….damn i’m so unhappy…i’ll buy a psp to play with while some genius decides to do something with 2.05 firm…..

41. Wil’s avatar

How can i do to Put programs in UNO exploit, I have it but I can put programs
    Because it says that I have to update it, but if I update
    It I’m lost the tn-menu