Release date of TN-V, more information

After the announcement of TN-V we now have some more information to give, including when you can expect to get your hands on it!

Total_Noob’s TN-V is coming along and in the mean time people have had questions about what TN-V will be like and when the release will be so hopefully this will clear some of these questions up.

6.60 TN-V is a Custom Emulator Firmware (CEF) for the PSVita. TN-V will be a complete XMB experience on your Vita making use of the UNO 2.02 exploit (right now there are no plans for any other exploit support). TN-V is the whole PSP environment emulated. You’ll basically have a working PSP inside of your Vita with TN-V however with some features there are either problems or are not working like videos, sensme, or parts of the camera feature. Everything else you’d expect is supported.

Now, with TN-V the PSX compatibility has been increased compared to ARK, however its roughly the same. Another thing that will still not work with TN-V is PSX sound; again something that will most likely not happen because of ColdBird leaving the scene. For the technical side of things for those asking why, to recap, it is because the PSP used a second processor called the Media Engine to emulate a PSX’s sound. The Vita doesn’t emulate this processor when emulating the PSP so we can’t get normal PSX audio working. Another outcome of this is that with TN-V you wont be able to access videos unless another solution is found.

Some of the features of TN-V include but are not limited to:

• Full Internet Radio feature
  • MS Speed up feature
  • Ability to use and play music through XMB
  • Access to the camera (Some issues with saving and other issues)
  • Almost all plugins are going to work in example dayviewer or CXMB (A CTF Theme loader) will work.
  • An install function to the game_plugin_module which allows moving ISOs and extracting archives.
  • Vast homebrew support (Unsuccessful homebrew launch will now return to the VSH with an error code instead of crashing.)

Lastly, regarding the release date of TN-V, we now have a better estimate in mind and you can expect to get your hands on it sometime in March 2013. Furthermore, due to the fact that TN-V is a very ambitious project with a lot of hard work going into it, depending on the amount of bugs that need to be fixed and whats left to be done to ensure a quality release it could be sooner or later than that however that time frame should be pretty solid.

1. soad26’s avatar

1. saod26’s avatar

no, your mother does.

FU.CKING OWNED.

2. blahblah’s avatar

oi better hav a mother+father than your 2 fathers LMAO

3. soad26’s avatar

Again, this proves my point about how most the anons on this site are prepubescent COD/BF3 playing fa*gots.

I rest my case.

4. gunblade’s avatar

side track by pawn ……………..

2. ils’s avatar

isn’t coldbird come back to the scene with ARK ?
    or it’s just another PRO developer ?
    can’t wait for PSOne sound support

but i purchased FF7-9 in FF Anniversary discount and Xenogears, that will keep me for a while.

3. FOURTH!’s avatar

FOURTH!!!!!!!!!!

1. jdhxxhhds’s avatar

dipshit

4. khairul syazwan’s avatar

great news..cant wait for another TN work..(>_<)

5. Ace’s avatar

So you must have the Uno exploit thing to get this working?
    If dont have then too bad?

1. soad26’s avatar

if you don’t have it then you’re fu.cked

gg

go play outside.

2. soad26’s avatar

and here is the proof because I know you can’t read unless the information is spoon fed to your fat mouth

“TN-V will be a complete XMB experience on your Vita making use of the UNO 2.02 exploit (right now there are no plans for any other exploit support).”

1. Ace’s avatar

I was just freaking making sure because i am not sure of this exploit stuff…
        You think i am blsjsbek…sorry i meant blind(my sis type this for me)
        You think i did not read this thing…
        Owh…sorry for being spoon fed…i hope your eyes are big enough to read this…

1. blahblah’s avatar

sum1 need to spoon soad. hes lonely. he prefer a non female.

2. xoxid’s avatar

We don’t need big eyes to read this, but obviously you do.

Just kidding pal, but yeah, you need the Uno exploit, but you are not entirely out of luck if you don’t have it, because there is currently two known exploit that might show their nose in the near future. If one of them is an user mode exploit, TN-V could most likely be ported to them!

3. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

If you’re blind, then how will you enjoy this exploit? =|

1. soad26’s avatar

blahblah’s just jealous because I’m one of the few anons with a fu*king brain on this site. You jelly because I can read?

Someone needs to hit blahblah and ace with a shovel to the head. It might correct the mistake their mothers made when they were born (i.e. dropped them on their heads).

4. soad26’s avatar

Evidently my ‘eyes are big enough to read this’, or more accurately: I have good reading comprehension,

You on the other hand, can’t fu*king read if your life depended on it.

Just face smash your keyboard some more. It’ll be fun to read for everyone else too.

1. xoxid’s avatar

Hi my dear “anons”.

Yeah, just yeah. You won. :)

2. soad27’s avatar

you know what anon means right? also, your behavioral disorder is showing

6. tn0w’s avatar

great!, I’m realy looking forward to this one.
    Nice work guys!

7. wartaf’s avatar

well, i wish, if they gonna release it, Same as TN-C where all other game exploit was supported..

1. gunblade’s avatar

made fo 2.o2 i guess uno was one of the few exploits that got past 1.81 to 2.02 n in two sony left the emulater more opean as they try fiuxed there vita wifi n made updrages for there future cloud gaming…

8. vita_m33_DA’s avatar

cxmb!!! they are gunna look good with the 5″ oled screen :)

9. blahblah’s avatar

he likes guy to volt in him

10. w oscar w’s avatar

Good news for my eyes and heard it all is welcomed by me joy and many thanks for the hard work of the developers.

11. quetz’s avatar

cool :D can’t wait for it

12. icyheart’s avatar

You are the best think you Graet work

13. faez barca10’s avatar

I hope Total_noob port this tn-v to the upcoming 2.05 exploit game…Please..Have mercy to the vita owner 2.05 firmware.

1. WOLFRAMIO’s avatar

theres no will be 2.05 exploit

2. hahahahahahah’s avatar

hahahahahahah NO MERCY. hahahahahahaha

2.02 or CRY.

Choose.

14. musashiro’s avatar

so, no more cwcheat problems?

this is COOL!!!

15. EarlB’s avatar

Yaaay! Finally xmb!! Can’t wait, hopefully this fixes some freezing issues with homebrew and cso’s

16. lb’s avatar

Err… in the future would there be a firmware itself for the vita? I am quite interested…

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

yep like in 4 or 5 years like the ps3

17. pol’s avatar

oh.. its for 2.02 only btw gud news for uno users

18. fresno’s avatar

Good news, thank you.

19. wolfayoub’s avatar

20. Leires’s avatar

Maaaaan..If sony didn’t do the whole ‘derp, you can’t change user accounts without wiping the vita’ I’d totally sell my vita and get a new one. Stupid soul sacrifice coming ._.

1. Someone Else’s avatar

Why not pull your memory card out, wipe the vita, and get a new one? You can then log into your account on the new vita and Voila.

I don’t see the issue.

21. tigerblack’s avatar

amazing what these developers can do

22. Hyperbol’s avatar

Cannot believe how awesome this sounds! Thank you so much!

23. cscash241’s avatar

Please support the SC3 exploit

24. mecksg1’s avatar

Sweet. Hope this comes out before i go on vacation. 24hr drive to florida would be more fun lol.

Can you use open cma on a chromebook?

25. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

Awesome ^_^ Will be patiently waiting for this epicness :)

26. lightyear74’s avatar

Yess!! TotalNoob is a Boss!

27. KuroRyuu913’s avatar

Will Fusagamepad and Remotejoy work with this?

28. Show’s avatar

You mention almost full compatibility that “we’d expect.” Is USB functionality something within the realm of things that can be expected?

29. Mud’s avatar

ugh, wish i updated to the uno export now..
    still the monster hunter export isn’t that bad… right?

30. Zyrkl’s avatar

Will support come to Urbanix? Isn’t that a kernal exploit as well?

31. William A.U. (NeonAera)’s avatar

..Can’t wait!! Really great work, Total_Noob!! I’m pumped for it.

32. fuckyousony’s avatar

fuck, you should better try hacking whole vita and vita games…when will it finally be fully hacked….lol 10 years?
    come on, it need more hackers to work on it, well even NASA was hacked, and PS Vita?

1. pirate ctity’s avatar

pirate city bi*ch, pirate pirate city b*tch
      10, 10, 10, 20 dollars? that’s silly bi*ch
      100 dollars in my hand?
      yea fu*k this.
      I’m so cheap, sony don’t know who they f*cking with.

33. NinjaKakashi’s avatar

I would love urbanix support but I appreciate what I have and understand if it never happens but either way thanks sexy mods for your work:P

34. hmm’s avatar

i maght change from ARK 2 TN-V cus of Full Internet Radio feature if TN-V sepport all games i paly

35. Curiousme96’s avatar

So to say it out, there are some pros and cons… Well work hard to fix those problems then! :D I’ll be cheering for you guys!

36. AyeGuy’s avatar

I can’t wait til the ps vita itself is fully cracked open, so full psx, psp, and even n64 games can be emulated at thier max potential.

1. pirate city’s avatar

pirate city bi*ch, pirate pirate city b*tch
      10, 10, 10, 20 dollars? that’s silly bi*ch
      100 dollars in my hand?
      yea fu*k this.
      I’m so cheap, sony don’t know who they f*cking with.

37. CaptainStupid’s avatar

Will sound ever come to psx games?

or has the secret of sound capability going to be taken to coldbirds grave after he left the scene?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Most likely no. It’ll die with ColdBird, he spent months on the sound and it was even then still buggy and barely working so its highly unlikely anyone else will be able to do it.

38. azh_97 (newbie)’s avatar

Can’t wait!!!
    Total Noob, you are freaking awesome!!!
    Just asking, will this support PSN??

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Yes it will :)

39. gunblade’s avatar

so think will get dust on the vita cross play….

40. gunblade’s avatar

any usb support on the psp sandbox?

41. CJW’s avatar

Just curious if this will support Playing UMD .iso mounted files? That is something I would really like to see as I have a large movie collection on UMD and would like to play on that nice big vita screen.

Also with the psx sound issue……how is sony doing it? Are they using a vita native psx emulator? If so shouldnt we be looking for a way to expliot it and do something like an inject where you inject a different iso into the emulator and then load it back on Vita? With the lack of the proper audio processor support in the vPSP emu I just wonder if we will ever get full speed psx support with sound in eCFW

42. CJW’s avatar

Why all the imature BS on this thread….WTF. Cant we keep the discussion about the subject at hand……grow up losers who are posting this flame war crap

43. gregdaleg’s avatar

You guys are all pathetic smoke some weed, calm the fuck down, and grow the fuck up. You all sound like 6th graders. Since when was this site about talking shit. And that first post bullcrap is just stupid noone cares if ur first. Jesus Christ I can’t stand all you losers. I’m 18 and I blaze everyday I’m a very calm person. You guys have to relax. I come to this site for info not to here a bunch of losers bitch about how they can’t get girls and shit. Jesus fuckin Christ.

44. nCadeRegal’s avatar

nice work again totalnoob, my hats off to you my brother, i am forever greatfull for the support and tireless devotion to the scene that you give. thank you and keep up the good work.

45. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

I am going to ask a particular question in order to (hopefully) prevent morons from asking this over and over again: Will PSX games have sound??? I know the answer is probably “no”, but again, I am asking this so the morons hopefully don’t. After all, when they get an answer they don’t like, they ask repeatedly until they hear what they want, or they get banned. lol