HTML5: A great way to play games?

HTML5 is really standing up to our expectations. It really is revolutionizing the way the web works! The best part is that the PSVita’s browser has some of the best HTML5 support among gaming consoles. Sony has been busy trying to prevent homebrew, but through HTML5, there is an opportunity to make games which can actually be played on the Vita!

I am pretty sure that most of the people who follow the PS Vita section at /talk carefully have probably come across either ‘PSVita free browser game hub’ or ‘free games through the browser’

Basically, we have discovered that a lot of the HTML5 games made for touchscreen smartphones also work well on the Vita. Both fcrasher and I have setup web portals where users can access these games.

fcrasher’s portal can be found at http://vitagame.tk

and my portal can be found at http://gwygo.bugs3.com/

Both portals are frequently updated with new games, all of which are guaranteed to work in the Vita’s browser. This could be a nice alternative for users who have updated/ missed the exploits because as we all know from here, The PSVita has a browser which is only second to the Wii U’s which is quite impressive considering that the Vita is a portable device with much more limited hardware than the Wii U.

Also, it seems that the Adventure Maker which worked quite well for making PSP browser games, also works on the Vita, I have not been able this myself though because I just can’t find a website which specifically has the PSP versions of the games.

1. Randqalan’s avatar

I wonder will Sony now remove HTML5 because of free games.
    That would go with the way they have been recently

Or will they go with just having the Vita block all such sites

1. clicks’s avatar

There used to be a way to play flash games on your PSP memory stick via the browser, but Sony went out of their way to fuck that up so… They might.

They truly are soul crushing monsters.

1. no’s avatar

They must of vaporized your brain too.

Idiot.

1. machomuu’s avatar

Does that mean that Sony is Big Brother?

2. clicks’s avatar

Well that was needlessly rude, does your dad work for Sony or something?

The only thing worse than an unwarranted insult is an unexplained one, but I suppose it might be a bit much to expect any form of decency from one such as yourself.

3. no’s avatar

CLICKS SOUNDS LIKE A FAG*OT

4. >_>’s avatar

Takes one to “no” one. >_>

5. no’s avatar

YOU SPELLED ‘KNOW’ WRONG.

YOU MUST BE AN IDIOT.

2. Edzo’s avatar

i used to play flash games on my psp years ago. didnt know they killed it but it isnt surprising

1. asdf’s avatar

They didn’t block it… I’m on 6.60 ofw on a psp3000 and I have flash apps and games saved to the ms that I play.

3. pirate city’s avatar

clicks sounds like he just wants exploits… to PIRATE GAMES. OMG!

pirate city bi*ch, pirate pirate city b*tch
          10, 10, 10, 20 dollars? that’s silly bi*ch
          100 dollars in my hand?
          yea fu*k this.
          I’m so cheap, sony don’t know who they f*cking with.

1. gunblade’s avatar

sum web games r pretty good would be nice to have like free realm n pirate of the caribean or sumthingn.

2. NoOne’s avatar

Hgoel try to find a way to get access to the vita memory card using javascript or HTML.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

I don’t think that is possible, the Vita only allows you to donload specific files.

1. NoOne’s avatar

I mean try to make a javascript filebrowser.

1. bronze_sword’s avatar

i have tried itdoes not work

2. vFX’s avatar

i don’t think so this is possible as js is in browser’s sandbox

3. Kid-Vhee’s avatar

HTML5 cloud gaming. Set up a massive supercomputer with plenty of storage – and play games on the go streaming) from the supercomputer. (Though will require good internet)

4. isnizal’s avatar

nice update…i try play but it lag

5. isnizal’s avatar

nice update

6. NNNRT’s avatar

That’s really good! It’s fun. thanks

7. qwazed’s avatar

its nice but it needs a little more tweaks to run smooth and support videos aswell

1. NoOne’s avatar

Videos can’t be played in the vita browser.

8. carlos’s avatar

Hmm Is this possible? I dont know if anyone here remebers or knows about how the nds hacking scene used to be really big, they had custom made flashkarts that were hard disk replicas of a normal ds games that could contain custom firmwares allowing homebrew and even actual roms can. this be done to the vita by creating our own exploitable game or putting the custom firmware itself onto a hard disk?

1. nero’s avatar

not possible. yet at least. nintendo has poor security compared to sony, that’s why their systems are easily hacked. nintendo cares more about gaming and fun for people then they care about their security it seems. if a custom game cart was made for the vita, sony would either ban you from psn, sue everyone that bought one, or just simply release a silent update to block you from doing anything with said cart.

1. nero’s avatar

and also, someone would need to get kernel access on the vita OS.

1. Kyu’s avatar

Well,flashcarts don’t really get Kernel access,they are VERY similar to our eCfw,they have their own hardware(this gen of flash carts at least.)However we already have eCfw so it would be redundant to do something similar (and plus,Sony could easily identify a flash cart because afaik Sony checks everything,whereas Ninty would NEVER apply checks such checks on old ds games,on which concept flashcarts run).

So,yes it would be cool to have something similar as it would be harder to block (IF backed by a competent team) but it is highly unlikely (unless we get bootloader cards lol)

9. StepS’s avatar

yep, i tried some yesterday myself too.
    the current problems are lack of more resources in the browser (it doesn’t use full Vita’s power, so lower FPS in some games), and no sound, because Vita’s browser is made for browsing pages only… without any sound in concern

1. carlos’s avatar

true but lets say this card itself had a different firmware and kernal attached to it that could be updated if you manage to bypass any bans using some amazing proxy things would be great

10. Monk9899’s avatar

I have not been able to test this myself

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

The adventure maker games, if you find some site with them, then please post it.

I have tested all the games on both sites and they work quite well!

11. Kyu’s avatar

Well,given this,I doubt Sony will ever improve their html5 support,because they are Sony.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

Of course they would, this doesn’t affect them because no one would JUST play these games on a Vita, this can’t affect their game sales ;)

12. hgoel0974’s avatar

I don’t know if the redirect is working for you guys, but I had to move the server to a premium host, you can find the link on my blog at hgoel.info

13. Dockotis’s avatar

I used to enjoy control over my Playstation systems…

…But then I took a “Sony” in the knee…

14. Natanael’s avatar

Hey Guys Luck This Movie I Tested Another Sites In Html5

Link Site Tested In Description Video!!!Thkz You For Watch…

15. Nani’s avatar

Coz Shield runs on Android it allows easy hacking.
    Alternatively we have a ton of free games.
    It also streams the games from your computer.

Am greatly disappointed for getting Vita.
    Waiting for Shields Release. :)

Hope good days for “FREEDOM GAMING” is Soon !!!

16. Nani’s avatar

:arrow:
    With the Nvidia’s Project Shield Release, I guess Sony is going to loose so much of reputation and craze to their Consoles. :mrgreen:

:idea: Coz Shield runs on Android it allows easy hacking.
    Alternatively we have a ton of free :P games.
    It also streams the games :D from your computer.

Am greatly disappointed for getting Vita. :cry:
    :!: Waiting 8O for Shields Release. :)

Hope good days for :lol: “FREEDOM GAMING” is Soon !!! :roll:

1. pirate city’s avatar

‘Coz Shield runs on Android it allows easy hacking.’ <– suspect pirate…?

'Am greatly disappointed for getting Vita.' <– disappointed pirate…?

'Hope good days for :lol: “FREEDOM GAMING” is Soon !!!' <– pirate alert.

pirate city bi*ch, pirate pirate city b*tch
      10, 10, 10, 20 dollars? that's silly bi*ch
      100 dollars in my hand?
      yea fu*k this.
      I'm so cheap, sony don't know who they f*cking with.

17. jocuri4.ro’s avatar

I visited multiple web pages however the audio quality for audio songs current at this website is in fact excellent.

18. imagini interesante’s avatar

I used to enjoy control over my Playstation systems…

…But then I took a “Sony” in the knee…