Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. j.g.k says:

More games. PS vita was a huge disappointment. I really regret buying it.

1. Almost nothing good in PS vita games catergory.

2. 2-3 games which are good are very expensive. I mean, C’mon! they have the same price as PS3!!! WTF is wrong with Sony.

3. Memory cards are also very expensive.
    ————–

Now = Cover + Memory card + 2-3 vita games = same price as the orginal ps vita.

I would like to see it different in future console.

• Mart says:

I really don’t see how PSVita is a disappointment in the games category, it certainly is better than the 3DS with the constant Mario/Zelda/Kirby rehash…

If I look at Metacritic and the list of reviewed games, PSVita looks better. Sure, some games might not be your kind of genre.

The prices of games, agreed. A handheld game shouldn’t be more than 30 to 40 bucks. AND the PSN digital store ones should cost around 20 to 30 bucks because there are no costs made for production of the cards, cases, shipment costs, no storage costs and no profit for wholesale and retaileshops either.

• HIMFan says:

I unfortunately thought that I’d like my Vita more than my 3DS, but the Vita is rather disappointing. I’m holding out though for the eCFW TN-V. That will be my saving grace that I can just use it as a PSP with a big screen. Because the Vita really is lacking games. At least I have rehashes to play on my 3DS.

• Edzo says:

im with you. i like the vitas lineup of games a lot more than 3ds. my 3ds hasnt been used in months and my vita gets used every day

• ??? says:

Ummm…what? There’s been 2 Mario games, a remake of OT, and no Kirby games for the 3DS. I love how you ignore games like Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening etc etc. lol, “constant rehashes”. I guess if they made made another Little Big Planet for the Vita, it’ll have constant rehashes of LBP/Killzone/God of War, right?

• Yes says:

Out of curiousity, in which country do you live where the Vita games cost the same as the PS3 games?

• Msnk8 says:

dude i live in india and sony js acting like a bitch here
        the price for nfs most wanted for ps3 is 2599 and for vita is 2799
        vita games are costlier thanps3 games man.. i realy want that game .
        bt i cant its to expensive for a handheld console,

• Yes says:

Pity that the Vita games are more expencive than the PS3 games there :\ Where i live in Europe, i havnt seen a Vita game being more expencive than a new PS3 game.

• bob says:

1. No good games? Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Assassins Creed:L, Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4, MGS HD, LBPV, Super Stardust Delta, NFS, Dokuro, and the list goes on…

2. same price as ps3? really? PS3 games are around $60 while Vita games are around $40

3. yeah it is

1 and 2 tells me that you are lying and do not own a vita and is just trolling.

• HIMFan says:

Gravity Rush is impossible to play, Uncharted is shorter than 3, I hate Assassin’s Creed, Ragnarok Odyssey got boring real quick, Persona 4 is good, MGS HD is missing a game and not technically HD, LBPV is the same as the other ones, Super Stardust Delta is good but I can’t get the effin DLC to work, NFS I beat on my PS3, and idk wtf Dokuro is. So out of the list I only enjoyed MAYBE 3 of those games. Something needs to happen, and quick, dropping $10 off the price would be better too.

• Yukon says:

In order for me to get this, they have to bring GTA san andreas too it.

• E says:

I am so tired of ppl complaining about the Vita. it is a Monster of a device. Yes, we all acknowledge that at RELEASE it did not have many games but now there are plenty of really great games to choose from (sadly those of us in the U.S have still not seen the even bigger list of games they have in Japan). Yes, it needs more but give it time. As more and more [major] developers see the success of the vita and its games more will come. Also, new Vita games are about $20 cheaper than new PS3 games so not really sure what u were talking about there. The major gripes i would say that i do have with Sony (not the Vita) is the INSANELY expensive [proprietary] memory cards. Hopefully this price cut will be significant enough that we broke college students can actually afford to get a higher memory card (like a 32gb), because 4 and 8 gigs is like NOTHING lol.

2. gunblade says:

Front Camera got moved. gamecard port same . Think but not sure theres no (acesery port) or did that get moved. Does it have the system lights like the dev model sum how that still makes me want a dev kit. psp go had internal storage and it needed a camera.3D camera on the psp was a must but nintendo pushed after the lite n the dsi models n touch screen now days the inthing fire emblem think iam getthing a 3ds xl was still 199 last i cheack but since the new hdmi model not due two sum months think i got enought to get it wen it does come out saying its around two fifty or tree bills but tree bill would have to probly hoping be a bundle much like the first vita realse

3. Kyu says:

Sony y u no make use of the upper port of the current Vita model

This was a d1(k move,giving us older model owners the middle finger…I want this hacked more than ever now :@

4. psVitovic says:

on the pictures you can clearly see that the device on the design is the DEVKIT that stfu already has… so it’s not the consumer version or anything, but the story about the new version of psVita is still real… like all sony playstation products, there will be PSVita Fat and PSVita Slim…

5. playstation says:

Ps vita is a worth of 250$ we pay for a great quality console which has got so much horse power, same Online functionality like PS3 even more, High end smartphone browsing, Social network, Entertainment with Audio and video. Its still in early stages with just one year and already lots of Good games are there but don’t have wide options for every kind of gamer, however the future looks so much better by seeing the games like Soul sacrifice, Killzone, Tearaway, PS3 ports quality etc., in a OLED portable screen on the go. The memory card prices are higher which will come down from 20th announcement. The people who regret buying vita are just stupid as they don’t see its technical value and the future it holds with PS3 and PS4 along with Gaikai streaming.

6. Vicked says:

Its only the Dev.kit PS Vita nothing else… -____-’

7. Yes says:

I hope for Sony’s sake that 4G isnt more expencive than 3G regarding production costs. Otherwise i see no big need for them to produce a 4G model. 4G still has too high ping for online play as far as i know.

I’m hoping to see a 64GB card that is priced at max $100. Then i will buy it :)

8. playstation says:

Even more we have PS+ service which is providing games to play at least 30 games per year for a charge of 49$ for the people who can’t afford to buy many games and also they are giving some free games for PS Mobile and Minis recently along with Some Great discounts on the games with many offers which is not there in any other place than Playstation. I say Ps+ and Vita is a worth more than what we pay. Plz i request everyone to consider quality over quantity becoz playing a great game is equivalent to worth of 10 games of mediocore.

9. StanSmith says:

That pic looks just like a Dev console. I highly doubt you will see the Vita with a USB port. It’ll be too easy to hack of that happened. They want to keep it unhackable as long as possible and giving it a USB port wont do that so I doubt it’ll come to the retail version.

10. Nani says:

A increase in RAM size wud be better , wen ever i open a game and skype it says to close the other. Mobile phones offer more RAM than vita does.

Might be Vita is running fast coz of VRAM and Graphic Chip Installed.

Whatever, New Vita in market is Heart breaking for those who counted pennies earned n bought the present one .

• playstation says:

And 250$ is heart breaking but buying High end mobiles every year by many people is a good decision. We buy Vita only once for using upto 5 Years and also have PS+ serive which provides services for budget people with free games at 49$ per year and also a change to get the games at Great discount. What else you need?

11. playstation says:

@Nani, does mobiles phone offer the Core gaming which you get on PS vita and also OLED Screen for this Price tag of 250$ with Quad Core Processor and GPU? Does Mobile Phone allows you to Play PSP Games and also PS3 Game Ports. VIta is meant to be Portable Gaming Console at first proving extra features like High End Phone provides except Multi Tasking but it will be improved sooner just like Update 2.0 did by allowing us to use Browser while Playing Games. Don’t compare High End Mobiles which cost More than 300$ and also wont provide future proof for the software support whereas Vita does for at least 5 years and sony will continue it to 7-10 Years to life time.

12. All PS VITA games today are Suck!!! Only NBA2K13 can make the VITA Useful

• playstation says:

May be you are not a Playstation gamer at all. You can enjoy those PSX, PSP, PS3 and Vita Games in a OLED Screen. Its going to pump great games in this year and also for the next 5 years for a product of worth 250$.

13. zakaiya says:

Didn’t they already have this on the dev vita’s you showed a few months back, with a black matte finish?

14. oO Flowzila Oo says:

The original Vita is failing… Why make new one?

15. max says:

yah a new way to spent a mony for unhackable console & a hi price games to us. i am a OFW here on saudi and many of us wanting to see the hacked version of vita, some of us are disappointed some are enjoyed some liking to trow the vita on a garbage bag & you can’t just transfer any video music on this console w/out internet by the way thanks to our open CMA developer for giving us this wonderful open CMA.

16. Rusty_Train says:

id buy it, out right as well, keep my wifi vita for homebrew

17. gunblade says:

Six months no psn on the vita funny hoz that one

18. gunblade says:

Werd the thing i see would have been nice if the vita had dual game port slots with eject power down egect but internal drive would do but i planed to buy aloot game cardtriges for the vita but powering down the unit before taking out the game was a thing for mobile atleast from gameboy colar

19. Stranno says:

TV output … here we go.

20. kuagelo says:

The only thing I want in my Vita right now is the ability to access different PS Store regions without reformatting (EXACTLY like how the PS3 does it) the system nor the card. Not interested in new hardware, thank you very much.

21. StepS says:

I honestly think this is false. Patent Bolt probably have no clue at all about DevKit models, and now they’re shouting about a patent they aren’t even sure about.
    Wow.

22. YcO96Ps says:

lets see…
    what would be nice on a new Vita model?
    -Better start/select buttons
    -better cameras (0.3MPX is REDICULOUS)
    -Tv out
    -better front camera placement
    -removable battery
    -And have the system buttons under the screen like the PSP had
    And thats just from the top of my head ;)

23. NoOne says:

I want better analogs in the new model because my left analog is getting loose.

24. DQEight says:

I’m going to rage so hard if the next vita gets an hdmi out port and they dont make an adapter for the first one. Especially after dropping money on my vita. It happened to me with the PSP Phat too, just got one and BAM slim version with tv out.

25. mexi says:

I took my ps vita back to best buy after about a month of owning it. I dumped 120 dollars into psn cards and purchased what I thought was every good psv game. I am disappointed with all the released games as well as what’s on the horizon. Sony has disappointed me with the software and games for this console. I even purchased ps+ and didn’t even care to wait for it to expire, that’s how much this console means to me.
    I bought it mainly because it was a beast. 1 gb ram, quad core processor, 5 inch screen, etc. But I just purchased the new Optimus g and it out matches the vita, it’s .3 inches smaller (screen) but it has a much higher pixel density and looks outstanding. It has a 1.5 ghz quad core processor, 2 gb ram, and runs android which can’t even be compared with the vitas os. The vita in my opinion is just getting trampled and bound to for failure as its already becoming outdated.

26. gregdaleg says:

if i traded in my 3G psvita at gamestop so i can upgrade to the new WIFI model what would be the price difference due to me downgrading from cellular to wifi like $100?

27. ironchefion says:

i will pick this up if true

28. otropom says:

its very disapointing….already a new ps vita project but still an enormous lack of games !! personnally i’m borred of this and this is a good reason for me to sell my vita before it will cost almost nothing

29. Jim Lahey says:

OMG EVERYONE IS SO STUPID!!!! THAT IS NOT A NEW VITA!! THAT IS THE FREAKING DEV KIT YOU MORONS!!!!

30. xyzmanas says:

owner of both vita and 3ds, and I can proudly say that every penny i spent on vita is worth more than the 3ds which just sits on the table… I have around 10+ games for 3ds but none of them makes me go kaboom….the 3d feature just gets old after a month and u rather want to play with the 3d off… Seriously what did nintendo think while making the scree. the resolution is absolutelty shit and have seen 3ds screen seliing for $7 on chinese websites…..thats what is the quality of the scree. but I still keep it for the purpose of playing DS game on flashkarts and that is all…

PS: PS+ owns nintendo…..I rarely find myself using nintendo store that is just overprices games.

31. daniel says:

i just sold the psvita dev. to my brother, cuz i couldn`t hack it before (i will help him to hack) because the point is, that i can`t handle a console that just run so good my PSPgames bought from store, like 4-5 good but EXPENSIVE vita games, and if we talk about the lack of emulators, apps, homebrews, its like “damn we got a nuclear missil, but our radar just not work” so, all about sony vita is about complaints of custommers, and the waiting for many, many games as the psp as sony promised us…

i believe that, someday i will play the PS2,PS1,PSP classics and a bunch of emus and apps on a versatile really NGP console, but we still waiting for it

• Hasselhoof says:

I want everything, and right now too. Is there really not enough content out there for you? Seems crazy with new games coming out all the time.

32. Hasselhoof says:

I absolutely love my VITA and at my job I constantly get stuck out of the office without anything to do but sit in my car for 20-25 minutes waiting on my next client meeting. I am having so much fun getting to play some great games.

I highly recommend one, and honestly the price point is what it costs for great technology.

And the memory cards are so high to incentivize retailers to actually carry a device that features digital content. The memory cards are more than 50% retailer profits, I researched it back before the Vita came out. Because I couldn’t understand the high price.

All-in-all it’s a great device with a lot of potential for the future. Hopefully, more people keep trying it and we can continue to build a community for developers to be enticed by

I love what I’ve got and I’m excited for 7 games coming out in the next months. Versus 8 games I’ll get on my PS3. Halo DLC on my Xbox, and Starcraft: Heart of the Swarm for my PC.

Great Games Galore !!!

33. John_Scott says:

looks exactly like the dev vita :P

34. daniel says:

enjoy some comments

35. makak1984 says:

It is almost like DEV unit, $ony lost their mind on this, why release new model? They are morons that We will buy new unit only for HDMI -> I have my Xbox 360 now as my normal console. Also I am pissed off about still no support for damn PSM in my country. On Vita we have only few good tittles and also lot of good but huge overpriced games – so I am stick on “Uno-Xploit” because i think I will be on my dreaming when the $ony turns for gamers not for cash.

36. XPGXatoku says:

LOL Watch these be completely hackable like the PSP 1000 was. That would just piss us all off…

37. vextype-0 says:

it has not even been out that long….dame i got a bad feeling about fabruary 20th

38. silkyskeeter says:

This is not good news at all. Basically, if these rumors are true, Sony will completely turn their backs on the early adapters. Because if there is ANY hardware change that means that the future games may cater to those hardware changes, leaving everyone that doesnt get the new model out in the cold with no games to play. But IDK how much I believe of this rumor as the “so called” new model closely resembles the dev model. And as far as the 4G rumor, who really cares. Most ppl that bought a Vita have the Wifi only model, as there is very little apps that even warrant you having the 3G for. (sadly I was dumb and got the 3G model and used the service for a month to test it out and to get a free game but barely used it so I never renewed) But I very seriously doubt that will happen, as the Vita is a failure to begin with. I very seriously doubt Sony is stupid enough to alienate their, small as it is, install base. But Sony has proved me wrong before… so we’ll see.

39. GlueGun says:

unless sony sells with a dev kit included
    then people will stop competeing about high prices.
    first comes 4GB oh okay now i see a 8 WOW price FUCKEN DIFRANTS!.

40. GlueGun says:

complaining*

41. ami lo que en verdad me preocupa es el espacio en la memoria… de que sirve ahorrar para una de 32 GB si no la venden en mi pais, y la de 16 que tengo se a llenado de muy rapido… me gustaria una nueva generacion de consolas con memoria incluida , no importa que nos la vendan carisimas…. Que ariamos si Microsof nos vendiera sus PC sin disco duro. es lo que sony hace de nosotros con la vita….

42. Voltrom says:

Sony isn’t going to produce a new unit. You guys are being stupid this is obviously a dev unit. Although Sony is retarded they should have implemented 4G on the first Vita. Honestly I would have paid that $50 more if it was 4G LTE and not shitty useless 3G. Why even get 3G? I have a 4G LTE mobile hotspot so my vita is faster than any of yours guys with 4G speeds and a better rate plan. Plus I can use all of my vitas capabilities. Fucking retarded. Honestly if the memory sticks have a price drop I can finally upgrade my shitty 4GB and do something with the vita. I’m sure the ps4 will be announced or a new store or some shit like that. A new vita? No that’s stupid and unpractical. How about new games. Feb 20th won’t be a new vita. If so I just bought this vita and wasted my fucking money. I will take it back as I have the box and the receipt still. This is a dev unit obv. We will find out in 8 days what’s going on. I expect a OFW update. With features that should have been day one on the vita. Fucking idiot Sony.

• Negrodamus says:

Wow, how stupid of us to think it’s a next generation Vita, just because the patent describes it as a “Next Generation PS Vita” Fukstick

43. ironysteeth says:

If that folder thing goes through, I would love it! I like downloading scanlations of manga, Translations of light novels. IF they put even a txt file reader and let me make folders, I can then use my vita for 99% the work load my psp is used for. And the screen on the vita is so big and bright, It would of course be my platform of choice to read manga and light novels. Stupid that sony even required such simple activities to even need them to be homebrew. I guess they just dont know their audience that well.

44. Word says:

I hope its not the new gen because they don’t even have accessories for the accessory port yet.

45. Reboot says:

I seriously hope that 3G Models will get some exchange in for 4G… because that is some BULL SHIT.

• Withy14 says:

I sure hope so. If they release this 4G they should as well release some “docking” station for the accessory port which would include USB and HDMI at least (not sure about that parallel pipe though).

• Withy14 says:

Just kiding – they released the PS Vita TV which is according my opinion pointless. Well for the price it seems good however you can play only selected games on this console (if you will be able to play all of them) than it might be worth buying.

46. jake says:

Poor sony….They’ve fallen down and can’t get up….

47. Mark says:

Is it really that that they will be announcing? :( bummer I was hoping for a Gaikai announcement. They need cloud gaming on the Vita to make it a big game changer and the 4g model that might be coming out better be the solution to cloud gaming for Sony. It will bring big bucks for sure. But please allow to not market justto one company like AT&t. Give people options and you will see the money flowing.

48. newrcc says:

all right, dont forget about that: SONY Its business!

vita 2013:”nice! more buttons, new face, more fast!”
    vita 2014:”very nice! six core… new face, batter games!”
    vita 2015:”OMG, 3D screen, new revolutionary buttons, water proof, good!”
    vita 2016:”Unbelievable!!!! dual screen, 40gb cardgames (powerfull graphics), 5 cameras with 20 maga pix!! Ops, i need buy to play new games… goodbye old vitas =/”

LETS “SELL” SONY VITASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
    Ops, LET’S “PLAY” SONY VITASSSSS!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!

• squiggs says:

lol fag don’t you know 40gb is imposible with flash memory. just kidding

• i lol says:

No its not stupid fxck, I has a 64gb men card in me phone so suck it. :)

• newrcc says:

heheheh, we need to dream! Its free! O_O

• Thrawn says:

Ummm my cr5400 for the psp 3000 is currently holding two 64gB micro sdxc, that sums em up to a total of 128gB, mountable and accessible.
            So the max cap of 32gB for the vita is only due to sony not producing higher values, as they are probably using their factories which made the memory stick micro m2.
            And something for the info, the current proprietary memorycard is much more likely to be ident to a m2 (used in the psp go) than a micro sd.

49. baistosh says:

i hope PSVita will show games in 2013 besides this model, its almost a year now and nothing interesting is coming, hope they will add PS2 games in PSN to purchase!!..

besides introducing HDMI,usb port blahblahbla..

they should incorporate R2 and L2 buttons as well,

• Alex Atkin says:

None of the changes here break compatibility with the original Vita.

Incorporating L2 and R2 would mean games which aren’t compatible with the original Vita, so I don’t think they would be foolish enough to do it.

Besides that, how on earth would they fit on?

While I would love to have HDMI output on my Vita, the biggest issue I have with mine is the network constantly disconnecting and then not working, and needing a bigger memory card as my 32GB is full and with PSN+ its going to stay that way.

• Diablo050189 says:

I don’t see a problem with L2 and R2 buttons. in fact, I would like L3 and R3 buttons back also. I know u can use the back touch pad as 2 and 3 buttons for ps1 games and stuff but half the time i accidentally touch the back pad while just resting my hands on the vita and accidentally do stuff I’m not trying to(like randomly pulling out weapon in resident evil while trying to run from nemesis which makes u stop in place and get killed)

• gunblade says:

Lucky if u got grande lunchs jus go out with a bang.

• Kyu says:

It is the same reasoning with Ninty not including a second analog on 3DS XL (except that Ninty has also provided a way to implement a second analog to normal 3DS).Now,L3 and R3 implementations would indeed break the game compatibility completely,as it would be nearly impossible to implement this in older models.

• Josuke says:

Thank God. I would be pissed that I am stuck wit an inferior model that is lacking the HDMI port.

I am also hoping Sony do something for people that recently bought at full price, maybe free downloadable content like what Nintendo did for the Ambassador Program.

• gunblade says:

Shit i got the officail bundle nd i still did get my free game got an eight gig card but heard u needed memory card to play most of the vita games the vita anyways.Think i ened up getting a copy of little devients anyways.

• Theredbaron says:

I was thinking something like that. I couldn’t see why they would be so nice as to throw in a “real” USB for use stupid users. Only Devs are cool enough for that.

• karamo2482 says:

OMG i was just about to flip out i just got mine and there is no way i can be thinking about a new model already. I’m from JA and the vita cost $33,000 here so i would be saying damn i bought one that can’t do this and can’t do that so thanks for the heads up

1. February 12, 2013

[...] [...]

2. February 12, 2013

[...] nuovo modello in vista? Secondo questo rumor sarebbe in arrivo un nuovo modello: Rumors of 4G Vita, FW update, and price cut. Patent shows “Next Gen” Vita design Wololo…. Aggiunta di mini USB e HDMI, le principali feature (esteticamente sembra non cambiare): [...]

3. February 12, 2013

[...] ■Rumors of 4G Vita, FW update, and price cut. Patent shows “Next Gen” Vita design [...]

4. February 12, 2013

[...] [...]

5. February 12, 2013

[...] Source: Gamerxchange via Wololo [...]

6. February 12, 2013

[...] Source [...]

7. February 12, 2013

[...] Source - wololo [...]

8. February 14, 2013

[...] Fonte: Wololo [...]

9. February 18, 2013

[...] is being expected at this conference (other than gameplay), there might be the possibility that the rumored 4G PlayStation Vita could be announced at this conference later. If this is the case, then we could see the 4G Vita at [...]

10. February 20, 2013

[...] $400 to $500 on another object to place under the television. Lastly, let’s not forget the PS Vita, which also compliments the PlayStation 3. We need to watch closely for its intended purposed going [...]

11. March 7, 2013