Heads up! Persona 5 Premium Edition currently up for preorders, might run fast out of stock ($71.99 for Prime members).

Rumors of 4G Vita, FW update, and price cut. Patent shows “Next Gen” Vita design

Jd8531

I write about news, tech and other interesting things. Follow me on Twitter.

1. aimoore says:

rage quit!

2. DJ BROTHERSON says:

Sony must be on dog food

3. etertay says:

still waiting for the hulu app…

4. soad26 says:

They really need to cut prizes in this stupid men cards. Anyway, the HDMI, new USB port, and the new power socket is soooooo unnecessary. I believe the vita’s mysterious accessory port can be a HDMI, connection for PC, and many more.

5. Brendan Beckmann says:

I’m not going to lie – if there is a 4G Vita on the horizon with HDMI capability, I’ll trade in my current 3G/Wi-Fi Vita and get a new one.

I really hope they can add something else that’s truly NEW to it, though.

6. compil3r says:

I was just about to buy a unlocked 3g Vita to avoid updating my Wifi one (with Uno exploit), if this 4G update is coming, i’ll gladly wait.

7. GOD_of_LORD says:

Ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-rageeeee QUIT !!!

😉 I was about to sell my Wifi Vita to buy the 3G one….

Now I’ll wait.

8. Dan says:

What? Price cut on memory card?
    #$#%$^ I just bought 32G card for $77.
    I should’ve waited.

9. EJ says:

a remake would be fine, but wouldn’t mind a change of power button/volume on top, since that is pretty annoying when I am carrying it and accidently hit it. As for the software change…just release a patch to other Vita owners, I’d love the folders. This better not be the only thing they’re going to reveal Feb. 20th, I’ll definitely rage then, ha ha.

10. empc says:

pinches weyes de SONY , QUE COMAN CACA

11. Jmqm says:

Hopefully they release the new model for WiFi only too? Quite excited for the folders, idek why, and for the HDMI input 😀

12. Jmqm says:

Why do I always have bad character pictures :S LMAO

13. Jmqm says:

SEE WHAT I MEAN?! LMAO

14. Jmqm says:

OMFG The characters noticed I was raging :O

15. Soldier says:

How much would it really have cost them to have had 4g in the original one? HAHAHA, Sony is a joke!

16. Skars says:

A separated save file from game file would be a good feature.

Just like it was on PSP and PS3, easy to copy, transfer and backup. All fast.

Backup on vita is a pain.

Can’t do a clean install of my games, cuz the save is linked to the game install.

17. HDMI ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¿puerto¡? sony ahora si apesta no comprar una ps4 después de dos años ya que si compras algo de sony cuando sale, las revisiones de hardware son casi un hecho de cada modelo aparezca un modelo slim o super slim, ultraslim.

18. solidsnake says:

Well, what good is new hardware without good software?
    Their are so many devices out there that have much better software and are sold at affordable prices.
    I am going to get one of those nvidia shield dohickeys because it appears to be able to do everything and then some. Being able to stream your BIG pc games to a handheld device sounds like a dream. I will never get out of bed again if I can play a game like skyrim on the shield from my pc to my bed.
    I think the shield will blow all other devices out of the water. Why I havent heard more talk on this subject is strange to me. Or its too good to be true?
    Anyway. Vita needs great Apps and Great Software! This is what makes people crave a device.
    You can have a giant tank, but if its not mobile then you have giant paperwait.

19. mad8vad says:

I see devkit on FIG 2

20. hikarux3 says:

that the developerkit on FIG2!

21. IgnusArmagadan says:

I love my Uno exploit, but I’d give it up for the HDMI port and regular USB connection, lol. I’m sure another exploit would surface later 🙂

22. gunblade says:

And i was jus going to get me anader vita guess this 3 g staying on 1.81 probly get the new model still need a comercail 3 g though think gamestop got sale then games would be nice ……

23. razor says:

Isn’t that the devkit version ?

24. gunblade says:

Location player? Ps3 2014 nasme us realse ? Oauya got on amazon still got fo that if anything vita memory .sony bluethooth wifi harddrive would be nice.

25. ps3y2kvirus says:

Thanks JD8531 for the awesome article, I wonder what port #59 is and if they are going to put a better flipping camera in, other than that totally upgrading from 3g to 4g. Hopefully att contract will not continue and it will be unlocked.

26. gunblade says:

So then the ps4 controls have heart rate zombie attck

27. razor says:

From the pic, I don’t think they would add 9 leds on the front panel..only the devkit version had this

28. GlueGun says:

im updateing my first ps vita, (2.02) to 2.05, so you can ask questions.
    i’ll be very specific about whats new, not say they do a *** job,
    but they already do *** jobs!
    one things first!.
    1. sony you dont change a damn thing to menu’s.
    2. the update is waste for people with caps. after your monthly useage
    your speed is automaticly set to dial up, thats that magic botton where you see
    eminem in the screen from 1.00 to 2.0 i personally say downgrade is cool ^_^ (no change lol) and pirateing do to that.( the no change from menu’s.)
    3. why not have UNLIMITED CHARECTER? sound nice and last but not least video
    CODED playBACKKKKK.

29. gunblade says:

2012 was rush ordered think they fixed the duel screen thouch response so the hdmi port normal size nice. Better sound card.Graphxichs card?

• gunblade says:

Ooh i bought the 3g relase date bundle n got a free memory card still didnet activate my free game so i got a camercial 2012 realse still nice . Wish was still on that 1.30 .new product sheems nice so i jus Plug the vita to the ps3 port and its the tv and the controler for the ps3

30. gunblade says:

3G discont new model 4g unlocked network maybe hoping us only got atnt but would like to play like the camercial ps3 games

31. gunblade says:

Eight more days or sumthing anything from microsoft on there 2013 industial product realse expo surface was nice

32. ryugi says:

***? sony are you *** kidding we? is the psvita devkit of skfu

33. gunblade says:

Wished by no sumhow portable gaming was more like battle net head set n yugioh 3d grapihcs progecter but the time enery was an isssue sumhow even with solar n wind jus saying

34. EIREXE says:

Isn’t the devkit?

35. gunblade says:

Head phones .hdmi .mini usb and a 6v power port psp with sony ericson kind port phone thing psp go kind thing, ports kind thing for the 2013 offichail realse model does it have the psp go bluthoth think i saw bluthoth with the dev models that mean if i upgrade to new pc i can dev my own vita games then old pc games

• gunblade says:

New models internal memory? Is tranfering music photos n videos done on its own port if there is a mini usb or how is data storage n tranfer manage heard it was differnt for the dev versions and the port thats on the 2012 models was jus for more mother board
      40pin acces

36. Guest says:

Can people stop shoving that PSV in everyone’s mouth? It’s a dev kit!

37. gunblade says:

Last i heard i think dev kits was 50,000 and the thing came with two models vitas extra vita replacement units was like think 20,000 i guess think they came in two packs one test model n one that was more for camercial realse withthe game port n one had a large port the the pc unit and one had the ports of the 2013 models i think think ifu payed for the devkits u get more of a develoment plan but i heard they were monthly or anualy plans or sumthing

38. gunblade says:

So the 2013 models is the regaler retail model for thedekkits so it is the devkit version of the vita jus not the developer model its the camerchaIl model. Or sumthing.. Or is it.

39. gunblade says:

So sony not races with a feb 20 thing so they japs or sumthing right on good to no i guess my niggahs r prety coool i think it is black history month or sumthing n bob marley cool though he came from afrika or jahmaka or sumthing wich is hot