Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. aimoore says:

rage quit!

2. DJ BROTHERSON says:

Sony must be on dog food

3. etertay says:

still waiting for the hulu app…

4. soad26 says:

They really need to cut prizes in this stupid men cards. Anyway, the HDMI, new USB port, and the new power socket is soooooo unnecessary. I believe the vita’s mysterious accessory port can be a HDMI, connection for PC, and many more.

5. Brendan Beckmann says:

I’m not going to lie – if there is a 4G Vita on the horizon with HDMI capability, I’ll trade in my current 3G/Wi-Fi Vita and get a new one.

I really hope they can add something else that’s truly NEW to it, though.

6. compil3r says:

I was just about to buy a unlocked 3g Vita to avoid updating my Wifi one (with Uno exploit), if this 4G update is coming, i’ll gladly wait.

7. GOD_of_LORD says:

Ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-rageeeee QUIT !!!

;) I was about to sell my Wifi Vita to buy the 3G one….

Now I’ll wait.

8. Dan says:

What? Price cut on memory card?
    #$#%$^ I just bought 32G card for $77.
    I should’ve waited.

9. EJ says:

a remake would be fine, but wouldn’t mind a change of power button/volume on top, since that is pretty annoying when I am carrying it and accidently hit it. As for the software change…just release a patch to other Vita owners, I’d love the folders. This better not be the only thing they’re going to reveal Feb. 20th, I’ll definitely rage then, ha ha.

10. empc says:

pinches weyes de SONY , QUE COMAN CACA

11. Jmqm says:

Hopefully they release the new model for WiFi only too? Quite excited for the folders, idek why, and for the HDMI input :D

12. Jmqm says:

Why do I always have bad character pictures :S LMAO

13. Jmqm says:

SEE WHAT I MEAN?! LMAO

14. Jmqm says:

OMFG The characters noticed I was raging :O

15. Soldier says:

How much would it really have cost them to have had 4g in the original one? HAHAHA, Sony is a joke!

16. Skars says:

A separated save file from game file would be a good feature.

Just like it was on PSP and PS3, easy to copy, transfer and backup. All fast.

Backup on vita is a pain.

Can’t do a clean install of my games, cuz the save is linked to the game install.

17. HDMI ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¿puerto¡? sony ahora si apesta no comprar una ps4 después de dos años ya que si compras algo de sony cuando sale, las revisiones de hardware son casi un hecho de cada modelo aparezca un modelo slim o super slim, ultraslim.

18. solidsnake says:

Well, what good is new hardware without good software?
    Their are so many devices out there that have much better software and are sold at affordable prices.
    I am going to get one of those nvidia shield dohickeys because it appears to be able to do everything and then some. Being able to stream your BIG pc games to a handheld device sounds like a dream. I will never get out of bed again if I can play a game like skyrim on the shield from my pc to my bed.
    I think the shield will blow all other devices out of the water. Why I havent heard more talk on this subject is strange to me. Or its too good to be true?
    Anyway. Vita needs great Apps and Great Software! This is what makes people crave a device.
    You can have a giant tank, but if its not mobile then you have giant paperwait.

19. mad8vad says:

I see devkit on FIG 2

20. hikarux3 says:

that the developerkit on FIG2!

21. IgnusArmagadan says:

I love my Uno exploit, but I’d give it up for the HDMI port and regular USB connection, lol. I’m sure another exploit would surface later :)

22. gunblade says:

And i was jus going to get me anader vita guess this 3 g staying on 1.81 probly get the new model still need a comercail 3 g though think gamestop got sale then games would be nice ……

23. razor says:

Isn’t that the devkit version ?

24. gunblade says:

Location player? Ps3 2014 nasme us realse ? Oauya got on amazon still got fo that if anything vita memory .sony bluethooth wifi harddrive would be nice.

25. ps3y2kvirus says:

Thanks JD8531 for the awesome article, I wonder what port #59 is and if they are going to put a better flipping camera in, other than that totally upgrading from 3g to 4g. Hopefully att contract will not continue and it will be unlocked.

26. gunblade says:

So then the ps4 controls have heart rate zombie attck

27. razor says:

From the pic, I don’t think they would add 9 leds on the front panel..only the devkit version had this

28. gunblade says:

2012 was rush ordered think they fixed the duel screen thouch response so the hdmi port normal size nice. Better sound card.Graphxichs card?

• gunblade says:

Ooh i bought the 3g relase date bundle n got a free memory card still didnet activate my free game so i got a camercial 2012 realse still nice . Wish was still on that 1.30 .new product sheems nice so i jus Plug the vita to the ps3 port and its the tv and the controler for the ps3

29. gunblade says:

3G discont new model 4g unlocked network maybe hoping us only got atnt but would like to play like the camercial ps3 games

30. gunblade says:

Eight more days or sumthing anything from microsoft on there 2013 industial product realse expo surface was nice

31. gunblade says:

Wished by no sumhow portable gaming was more like battle net head set n yugioh 3d grapihcs progecter but the time enery was an isssue sumhow even with solar n wind jus saying

32. EIREXE says:

Isn’t the devkit?

33. gunblade says:

Head phones .hdmi .mini usb and a 6v power port psp with sony ericson kind port phone thing psp go kind thing, ports kind thing for the 2013 offichail realse model does it have the psp go bluthoth think i saw bluthoth with the dev models that mean if i upgrade to new pc i can dev my own vita games then old pc games

• gunblade says:

New models internal memory? Is tranfering music photos n videos done on its own port if there is a mini usb or how is data storage n tranfer manage heard it was differnt for the dev versions and the port thats on the 2012 models was jus for more mother board
      40pin acces

34. Guest says:

Can people stop shoving that PSV in everyone’s mouth? It’s a dev kit!

35. gunblade says:

Last i heard i think dev kits was 50,000 and the thing came with two models vitas extra vita replacement units was like think 20,000 i guess think they came in two packs one test model n one that was more for camercial realse withthe game port n one had a large port the the pc unit and one had the ports of the 2013 models i think think ifu payed for the devkits u get more of a develoment plan but i heard they were monthly or anualy plans or sumthing

36. gunblade says:

So the 2013 models is the regaler retail model for thedekkits so it is the devkit version of the vita jus not the developer model its the camerchaIl model. Or sumthing.. Or is it.

37. gunblade says:

So sony not races with a feb 20 thing so they japs or sumthing right on good to no i guess my niggahs r prety coool i think it is black history month or sumthing n bob marley cool though he came from afrika or jahmaka or sumthing wich is hot

38. gunblade says:

Um jus praying fo android and ios sapport or sumthing for bluthooth n mobile gaming network maybe or sumthing skype on the 2013 models .better phone systhem like an actual phone maybe like the galaxy note, cameras, internal storage, internet browser (flash or html) atleast sumtype or online video play n online flash games real realms n that pirate online would be a nice online loud start dont have to be to much of a data load still on 3g or 4g mobile broudband

39. man_of_power05 says:

To go along with the 4G model, a significant firmware update will go live bringing in a lot of requested features including new ways to organize apps in folders.

this is where i call ***. sony doesn’t care about what its customers want

40. gunblade says:

Sumhow but dont no wy miss my 3g iphone s atleast that thing had unlimited data and everything god figer n network storage all day and yet dont no wy atnt n tmobile could not be atntt-mobile would still name wise not be an issue but the data tranfer n data rate plans atleast in the us would be nice but we do have criket n helo but nation us wise not must an issue but if u think most 4g n 4g or mobile broud band in the us is still not much unlimited data last i cheack but speed was nice i guess still last phone was the iphone not much of android till sumwhat now.

41. gunblade says:

Well i guess atntt-mobile with verrisen 4 g lite light as an international company would ne nice sum how us citizen wize wo do we or the goverment end up taxing or does sumhow that still work for the us or sumthing maybe chArge them electic and bround band bill or commincation taxes i guess would ne nice to get health coverage for all the radio waves around me sumhow. If they fixed the international markets wouldent thet help the inthernation community an help stabilized the econome so if the tree would nation power russia china and the us fix the markets with more international trade and camercial markets buy maybe like. Realy i guess a more internaational trade.? But world wise the ero or eroupe had issue asia was prety good african and the middle east was on it. And north and south amarica was alright think mostly power was the issue of russia china n us mainly nucler was a thing but wind and solar wasent must since coal n water power plants was cheaper n put out more power at the time

42. clicks says:

W-what is this feeling…
    I’m excited about something… from Sony? But this is the Vita!

Certainly the 4G model doesn’t have my heart aflutter, but the idea of renewed support for the system along with much asked for changes and memory card price drops has given me some hope for it’s survival.

43. Currently drinking pepsi says:

Wait, so we with the hdmi port we can now play our ported hd ps2 and ps3 games on our tv/monitor… and they think this will ship units?, 4G LTE yeah, i suspect they might add text message support or phone calls even though it has skype…. still, i already pay for a phone and non of those features are an advantage over the current Vita, which at the moments greatest appeal is playing PSP games, rage.

44. Bob says:

Make the cards cheaper than SD and make the Vita not so buttfuckingly huge and ugly and I’ll bite.

45. Leires says:

Ugh..What annoys me most about the HDMI upgrade is that there’s not going to be any ‘trade in your old vita and get the new one with an HDMI 80% off’..My vita is in good condition, heck, near perfect. The only things that are going to have anything close to this is stupid places like gamestop with their TRADE IN A VITA GET 50$ TOWARDS THE NEW ONE. ugh. I just want HDMI out. I’ve wanted that so damn badly. I’d give up the uno exploit for it. But i don’t want to pay another 200$ -just- for an HDMI port. ._.

46. wartaf says:

nice, but maybe they should make also an accessory cable for HDMI so the older vita version can also use HDMI

47. gunblade says:

64gb cards fills fast think on the psp on that still had ten gigs for music videos n picture camera storage on the vita for recoringvideos on the vita wasent that great 30 minute videos took up sum space on a eight gig card .vita games can could hold eight gigs to sixteen or sumthing i guess but most was at four and two assassins creed and uncharted took up sum space

48. j.g.k says:

More games. PS vita was a huge disappointment. I really regret buying it.

1. Almost nothing good in PS vita games catergory.

2. 2-3 games which are good are very expensive. I mean, C’mon! they have the same price as PS3!!! *** is wrong with Sony.

3. Memory cards are also very expensive.
    ————–

Now = Cover + Memory card + 2-3 vita games = same price as the orginal ps vita.

I would like to see it different in future console.

• Mart says:

I really don’t see how PSVita is a disappointment in the games category, it certainly is better than the 3DS with the constant Mario/Zelda/Kirby rehash…

If I look at Metacritic and the list of reviewed games, PSVita looks better. Sure, some games might not be your kind of genre.

The prices of games, agreed. A handheld game shouldn’t be more than 30 to 40 bucks. AND the PSN digital store ones should cost around 20 to 30 bucks because there are no costs made for production of the cards, cases, shipment costs, no storage costs and no profit for wholesale and retaileshops either.

• HIMFan says:

I unfortunately thought that I’d like my Vita more than my 3DS, but the Vita is rather disappointing. I’m holding out though for the eCFW TN-V. That will be my saving grace that I can just use it as a PSP with a big screen. Because the Vita really is lacking games. At least I have rehashes to play on my 3DS.

• Edzo says:

im with you. i like the vitas lineup of games a lot more than 3ds. my 3ds hasnt been used in months and my vita gets used every day

• ??? says:

Ummm…what? There’s been 2 Mario games, a remake of OT, and no Kirby games for the 3DS. I love how you ignore games like Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening etc etc. lol, “constant rehashes”. I guess if they made made another Little Big Planet for the Vita, it’ll have constant rehashes of LBP/Killzone/God of War, right?

• Yes says:

Out of curiousity, in which country do you live where the Vita games cost the same as the PS3 games?

• bob says:

1. No good games? Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Assassins Creed:L, Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4, MGS HD, LBPV, Super Stardust Delta, NFS, Dokuro, and the list goes on…

2. same price as ps3? really? PS3 games are around $60 while Vita games are around $40

3. yeah it is

1 and 2 tells me that you are lying and do not own a vita and is just trolling.

• HIMFan says:

Gravity Rush is impossible to play, Uncharted is shorter than 3, I hate Assassin’s Creed, Ragnarok Odyssey got boring real quick, Persona 4 is good, MGS HD is missing a game and not technically HD, LBPV is the same as the other ones, Super Stardust Delta is good but I can’t get the effin DLC to work, NFS I beat on my PS3, and idk *** Dokuro is. So out of the list I only enjoyed MAYBE 3 of those games. Something needs to happen, and quick, dropping $10 off the price would be better too.

• Yukon says:

In order for me to get this, they have to bring GTA san andreas too it.

• E says:

I am so tired of ppl complaining about the Vita. it is a Monster of a device. Yes, we all acknowledge that at RELEASE it did not have many games but now there are plenty of really great games to choose from (sadly those of us in the U.S have still not seen the even bigger list of games they have in Japan). Yes, it needs more but give it time. As more and more [major] developers see the success of the vita and its games more will come. Also, new Vita games are about $20 cheaper than new PS3 games so not really sure what u were talking about there. The major gripes i would say that i do have with Sony (not the Vita) is the INSANELY expensive [proprietary] memory cards. Hopefully this price cut will be significant enough that we broke college students can actually afford to get a higher memory card (like a 32gb), because 4 and 8 gigs is like NOTHING lol.

49. gunblade says:

Front Camera got moved. gamecard port same . Think but not sure theres no (acesery port) or did that get moved. Does it have the system lights like the dev model sum how that still makes me want a dev kit. psp go had internal storage and it needed a camera.3D camera on the psp was a must but nintendo pushed after the lite n the dsi models n touch screen now days the inthing fire emblem think iam getthing a 3ds xl was still 199 last i cheack but since the new hdmi model not due two sum months think i got enought to get it wen it does come out saying its around two fifty or tree bills but tree bill would have to probly hoping be a bundle much like the first vita realse

1. February 12, 2013

[…] […]

2. February 12, 2013

[…] nuovo modello in vista? Secondo questo rumor sarebbe in arrivo un nuovo modello: Rumors of 4G Vita, FW update, and price cut. Patent shows “Next Gen” Vita design Wololo…. Aggiunta di mini USB e HDMI, le principali feature (esteticamente sembra non cambiare): […]

3. February 12, 2013

[…] ■Rumors of 4G Vita, FW update, and price cut. Patent shows “Next Gen” Vita design […]

4. February 12, 2013

[…] […]

5. February 12, 2013

[…] Source: Gamerxchange via Wololo […]

6. February 12, 2013

[…] Source […]

7. February 12, 2013

[…] Source – wololo […]

8. February 14, 2013

[…] Fonte: Wololo […]

9. February 18, 2013

[…] is being expected at this conference (other than gameplay), there might be the possibility that the rumored 4G PlayStation Vita could be announced at this conference later. If this is the case, then we could see the 4G Vita at […]

10. February 20, 2013

[…] $400 to $500 on another object to place under the television. Lastly, let’s not forget the PS Vita, which also compliments the PlayStation 3. We need to watch closely for its intended purposed going […]

11. March 7, 2013