(Video)Total_Noob announces TN-V for Vita: XMB & PSN access

Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. bronze_sword says:

of corse i updated

2. Nani says:

Think of the guys who missed the exploit too.
    Good Days Soon :)

3. KuroRyuu913 says:

Hyped for this. Thank god I didnt update, and the best part is, I can play Phantasy Star Portable 2 online again!

4. Paul says:

Please tell me it is possible for this to be ported to Gravity Crash. Right? RIGHT?!

5. NNNRT says:

That’s really great, a PSP & a PS Vita at the same time. I can think of nothing now, my head went to outer space… XMB on the Vita! :D :D :D

6. manny says:

damned it i updated

7. osvaldo says:

8. osvaldo says:

how can i get this or downgrade from 2.05 i had the uno game but i accidentally updated my ps vita. please help.

9. Landon says:

When Uno comes back to the US could I just buy it from the sony online store and install it without having to update my vita?

• jd20dog says:

the vita still needs a vita license of the game to boot it from the vita’s live area for the exploit, this only looks to be getting a psp license though the psp store
      so youll only be gitting the game inside the psp emu, so youll still need a game to exploit to git that far

10. jd20dog says:

very nice work
    i never though about getting psn on the vemu

11. Dockotis says:

I came, I saw, I came… ‘Nuff said…
    Friggin awesome

12. cell128 says:

I’m really thinking about updating my Vita. I wanna play that ninja gaiden that’s free right now for PS plus members. I already have a PSP slim with cfw for old PSP games I really see no purpose in keeping my vita locked down

• WolfRamiO says:

if you have a ps3 you can buy it on it then transfer with open cma

• falnir says:

The PS3 will detect the PS Vita not being on the latest firmware and will refuse to transfer the game until you do so. It will also refuse to copy any content unless you are signed into the psn on the Vita which of course the Vita won’t let you until you update.

• Beanz says:

There is a way around this..connect your computer to openCMA on your computer, disconnect it(don’t push okay to “PC has been disconnected” message) and plug your vita into your ps3. Now, press okay and try to connect to your ps3. You should connect no problem.

• William A.U. (NeonAera) says:

:P What about homebrew?

Anyway, if you don’t see any purpose in keeping your vita locked down, then just update.. The choice is yours.. if you want to potentially miss out on some awesome future hacks, fine so be it, do what you want.. Plus, the pros of playing PSP games on the PSVita, you get a bigger screen, better controls, and a bit more options like using the right analog stick, which is a big plus.

• Kyu says:

Ninja Gaiden on plus?

13. Yacker says:

Even if we can get to PSN, what can we really do with it? Can we download the free PSM games to vita or is it strictly PSP only games?

14. newrcc says:

OMG, only UNO?!!!!!! I dont have any exploit and im 2.05, pleaseeeeeeee Total_Noob, i beg you!!!!! I am suffering Oo

15. Skars says:

There is no option for fiddler? Since its now blocked?
    I’m in 2.02 and I have UNO, but my system was restored and I need to register with my account on PSN.

16. gregdaleg says:

this means we can now download psp games we bought on the psp that werent on the psvitas psn store?

17. Moi says:

Thank goodness I have two Vitas. :)

18. Batman says:

Could u play online in the vita ?

19. allods says:

And for recovery menu?

20. JOSE says:

hola
    estoi viendo que no habia que actualizar
    yo lo he hecho al 2.05
    hay esperanzas de que saquen algun sploit
    para esta version
    gracias

• Atlas13 says:

Lo mas probable es que saquen un exploit nuevo en un par de meses, pero este menu solo es para exploit ya existentes. Mantente pendiennte.

21. ramenking says:

is any1 still using total_noob firmware instead of ark, i prefer it cause things seems to work better on it than ark. i bet i’m not only me who prefer it :P

22. boriswinner says:

I hope this will be ported to MBA :)

23. Kyu says:

TN-V huh?
    I could see a support for psx sound on this one.Now,if the game comp is better than TN-C,I will even use it.

24. HerperOfManyDerps says:

I updated just ’cause I wanted to play lbp online again… Sony, y u no lemme use UNO exploit on 2.05?!ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

25. AlphaKiloCharlie says:

I didn’t have the damn money on my card at the time of the UNO release, fucking a, should have robbed a bank and none of this would have happened.

• shenmue says:

Then you have to “jailbreak” to play your vita if you had robbed a bank!

• >_> says:

“I didn’t have the damn money on my card at the time of the UNO release, fucking a, should have made sure I had the money on my card beforehand and none of this would have happened.”

Fixed. Of course if you really want to rob a bank and spend a good portion of your life taking Harry’s horsecock up your arse, don’t let me stop you. At least the rest of us here won’t have to put up with your complaining again until the Vita XIII is out.

26. karamo2482 says:

of course it came out after i updated well i had to my game did want to start

27. karamo2482 says:

Didn’t want to start

28. IgnusArmagadan says:

Hell yeah! Now I’ve just gotta get Open CMA to work again, it’s not working for me anymore for some reason Dx

29. empc says:

is this comming for mad blocker alpha xploit??

30. solidsnake says:

I want to go to there…

31. junn says:

buy a old psvita from a pawnshop or other gamestore used

32. jrazorman says:

WOW that looks great! i cant wait to try it out! Great Work Thank you!

33. joseph says:

ok this is really cool now i wonder since tn can emulate psp firmware can he emulate cfw like gen in the emulated firmware

34. doomzydaizy says:

Come on guys enough of the psp exploits. I dont mean to throw anywork of these people but i appreciate it. We really need some exploits for the VITA os. Now what we have psn access of psp? Heck we can pirate every game of psp so whats the point of a ps store for psp? i really dont mean to degrade any work done by these people..but we need to stop with the psp stuff. If we wont try for the vita exploits we’ll never know if its exploitable

• Aces says:

yo, penis
      what makes you think people aren’t trying for vita exploits?
      fact is, the PSP still has plenty of life left, thanks to the vita.
      Not everyone pirates, contrary to popular belief.
      I can afford my hobby, so if i like a game thats on PSP store and not vita’s, i’ll buy it, also i like foolin around with some of the homebrew as well.
      Its like the news few weeks back where scientists unlocked trivial functions of the body like how your fingers wrinkle when wet for long periods for better grip on wet surfaces, a lot of comments were “why dont they look for a cure for cancer”.
      its not like people aren’t doing that, but if every single scientist looked into that one thing, we would miss out on so many other breakthroughs (no, wrinkly fingers increasing grip isn’t a breakthrough LOL)

• Youmu Konpoku says:

if you need to pirate the games you shouldn’t have bought a vita.

35. Beanz says:

Can’t wait for this(always loved the old XMB menu), thanks to everyone putting their time and effort into this.

36. meler-andy says:

heh great news :D i did not update to 2.0.5 :D funny cos i got ark and tn-c :D

37. twenty90seven says:

Still waiting for someone to port Ark or this CFW to 1.81 Urbanix….please!

38. FoFiX says:

lol nobody pays atencion to the doomzy guy, some people is working on a vita exploit too u know

39. qwazed says:

haha now i can use his mac adress mwhahahaha

40. cesa says:

PS VITA 2 IN 1 :P

41. Landon says:

Uno is back for the US and it is a shame we can’t use the proxy any more.

• Beanz says:

You can still get around the firmware block if you have a ps3 and openCMA on your computer. Just connect to openCMA with your vita and wait until your at the transfer menu, then unplug your vita plug it into your ps3 and try to connect to the ps3. It should connect no problem

42. Deudax says:

Only PSP Store :/ no use for me, need to wait till next exploit again

43. FOR ALL THE PEOPLE ON THE U.S. PSN, DO NOT BUY THE UNO GAME YET !! Let me confirm if the exploit can work on the Uno game before wasting your $1. I’ll be back to confirm this.

44. gtfoo says:

will TN-V support psx like ARK ?

45. Youmu Konpaku says:

dose the clannad visual novel homebrew work on ARK or TN?

46. peter says:

Thanks for your hard works keep it up people like you keep this scene going

47. Seallux says:

Very nice this is awesome for anyone who missed out on the last crack ^^ still have my uno 2.02 :3 so this is awesome for my friends who updated XD

48. Qarpz says:

Whats the best thing to do if I am on 1.81 and have gravity rush. Should i stay or upgrade?

49. Rafa says:

Hi,
    it’s really impressive, but I have a simple quuestion, i think.

I have the GC xploit in 1.81 and I noted that when i play a psp game in wireless with any other psp the connection stops or suffer lag and then it interrups some minuts later I started it (it only happen when i use the xploit, if i play a psp game bought from the store, it works perfectly). So my question is, you think that with this CFW TN-V I could install the CFW 6.30/6.60 PRO and play my back ups without wireless troubles.

50. NoOne says:

I am wondering how TN got the PS Vita Mac Address?

1. February 5, 2013