(Video)Total_Noob announces TN-V for Vita: XMB & PSN access

Total_Noob has officially announced his new project: 6.60 TN-V for the PlayStation Vita.

6.60 TN-V is a Custom Emulator Firmware (CEF) for the PSVita 2.02 UNO exploit. Total_Noob’s TN-V will be different from his last release (TN-C) as it will include a fully functioning XMB something we saw only briefly in pictures awhile back, however now Total_Noob has a video to show it in action. TN-V will support PSN access, so you’ll be able to connect to the PlayStation Network to download PSP games and access content, something that has been not possible after the mandatory 2.05 update and blocking of the Charles & Fiddler proxies. You’ll only be able to connect to the PSP’s store since TN-V uses part of the PSP 6.60 firmware (to connect), and we are limited to the PSPemu on the Vita.

There isn’t a concrete, established release date yet. TN-V is still a work in progress. Right now the UNO 2.02 exploit is the only targeted exploit, no word if the other exploits will be supported yet. Total_Noob says that there are quite some bugs that ll need to be worked on, however you can see a video of it working below!

1. bronze_sword’s avatar

of corse i updated

2. Nani’s avatar

Think of the guys who missed the exploit too.
    Good Days Soon :)

3. KuroRyuu913’s avatar

Hyped for this. Thank god I didnt update, and the best part is, I can play Phantasy Star Portable 2 online again!

1. jd20dog’s avatar

you can do that now
      the psp emu is still on curent psp fw
      and sony has no intentions to update the psp again…

1. KuroRyuu913’s avatar

Oh. :)
        yay!

4. Paul’s avatar

Please tell me it is possible for this to be ported to Gravity Crash. Right? RIGHT?!

1. go1den3ye’s avatar

why don’t you update to the UNO exploit? (provided you have a ps3 that is)

5. NNNRT’s avatar

That’s really great, a PSP & a PS Vita at the same time. I can think of nothing now, my head went to outer space… XMB on the Vita! :D :D :D

6. manny’s avatar

damned it i updated

7. osvaldo’s avatar

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

you cant.

8. osvaldo’s avatar

how can i get this or downgrade from 2.05 i had the uno game but i accidentally updated my ps vita. please help.

9. Landon’s avatar

When Uno comes back to the US could I just buy it from the sony online store and install it without having to update my vita?

1. jd20dog’s avatar

the vita still needs a vita license of the game to boot it from the vita’s live area for the exploit, this only looks to be getting a psp license though the psp store
      so youll only be gitting the game inside the psp emu, so youll still need a game to exploit to git that far

10. jd20dog’s avatar

very nice work
    i never though about getting psn on the vemu

11. Dockotis’s avatar

I came, I saw, I came… ‘Nuff said…
    Friggin awesome

12. cell128’s avatar

I’m really thinking about updating my Vita. I wanna play that ninja gaiden that’s free right now for PS plus members. I already have a PSP slim with cfw for old PSP games I really see no purpose in keeping my vita locked down

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

if you have a ps3 you can buy it on it then transfer with open cma

1. falnir’s avatar

The PS3 will detect the PS Vita not being on the latest firmware and will refuse to transfer the game until you do so. It will also refuse to copy any content unless you are signed into the psn on the Vita which of course the Vita won’t let you until you update.

1. Beanz’s avatar

There is a way around this..connect your computer to openCMA on your computer, disconnect it(don’t push okay to “PC has been disconnected” message) and plug your vita into your ps3. Now, press okay and try to connect to your ps3. You should connect no problem.

1. Nits’s avatar

This will let you override the whitelist/blacklist if your ps3 is not connected to the Internet?

2. William A.U. (NeonAera)’s avatar

:P What about homebrew?

Anyway, if you don’t see any purpose in keeping your vita locked down, then just update.. The choice is yours.. if you want to potentially miss out on some awesome future hacks, fine so be it, do what you want.. Plus, the pros of playing PSP games on the PSVita, you get a bigger screen, better controls, and a bit more options like using the right analog stick, which is a big plus.

3. Kyu’s avatar

Ninja Gaiden on plus?

13. Yacker’s avatar

Even if we can get to PSN, what can we really do with it? Can we download the free PSM games to vita or is it strictly PSP only games?

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

PSP store, yeah its does not too much. you can buy psp psn games xD

14. newrcc’s avatar

OMG, only UNO?!!!!!! I dont have any exploit and im 2.05, pleaseeeeeeee Total_Noob, i beg you!!!!! I am suffering Oo

1. Stormwolf’s avatar

there is no exploit for 2.05, why did u upgrade ?

1. newrcc’s avatar

It’s a long story… Oo

1. poec’s avatar

Because you wanted to play Ninfag Gayden sigma plus, right? LOL

2. >_>’s avatar

You’re going to have to suffer (in a corner) for a while yet. XDDDDDD

Sucks to be you dude. :P

1. newrcc’s avatar

OMG, i need some hope.. hehehhe oO

3. faez barca’s avatar

Relax dude..We same lol..My vita at firmware 2.05.Let’s hope the new exploit coming on 2.05..huhuhuh…..

15. Skars’s avatar

There is no option for fiddler? Since its now blocked?
    I’m in 2.02 and I have UNO, but my system was restored and I need to register with my account on PSN.

16. gregdaleg’s avatar

this means we can now download psp games we bought on the psp that werent on the psvitas psn store?

17. Moi’s avatar

Thank goodness I have two Vitas. :)

18. Batman’s avatar

Could u play online in the vita ?

19. allods’s avatar

And for recovery menu?

20. JOSE’s avatar

hola
    estoi viendo que no habia que actualizar
    yo lo he hecho al 2.05
    hay esperanzas de que saquen algun sploit
    para esta version
    gracias

1. Atlas13’s avatar

Lo mas probable es que saquen un exploit nuevo en un par de meses, pero este menu solo es para exploit ya existentes. Mantente pendiennte.

21. ramenking’s avatar

is any1 still using total_noob firmware instead of ark, i prefer it cause things seems to work better on it than ark. i bet i’m not only me who prefer it :P

1. Kyu’s avatar

Well,Ark has better comp with games and dlc,TN is more stable.

1. ramenking’s avatar

yeah i know for psp iso runs faster but what about homebrew. i have a lot of issues when installing homebrew that’s why decided to go back to TN.

cant wait for this new TN :D

22. boriswinner’s avatar

I hope this will be ported to MBA :)

23. Kyu’s avatar

TN-V huh?
    I could see a support for psx sound on this one.Now,if the game comp is better than TN-C,I will even use it.

24. HerperOfManyDerps’s avatar

I updated just ’cause I wanted to play lbp online again… Sony, y u no lemme use UNO exploit on 2.05?!ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

1. newrcc’s avatar

Let’s cry together hehehehe
      Dont worry, total_noob is the best!!!!!!
      \o/

25. AlphaKiloCharlie’s avatar

I didn’t have the damn money on my card at the time of the UNO release, fucking a, should have robbed a bank and none of this would have happened.

1. shenmue’s avatar

Then you have to “jailbreak” to play your vita if you had robbed a bank!

2. >_>’s avatar

“I didn’t have the damn money on my card at the time of the UNO release, fucking a, should have made sure I had the money on my card beforehand and none of this would have happened.”

Fixed. Of course if you really want to rob a bank and spend a good portion of your life taking Harry’s horsecock up your arse, don’t let me stop you. At least the rest of us here won’t have to put up with your complaining again until the Vita XIII is out.

26. karamo2482’s avatar

of course it came out after i updated well i had to my game did want to start

27. karamo2482’s avatar

Didn’t want to start

28. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

Hell yeah! Now I’ve just gotta get Open CMA to work again, it’s not working for me anymore for some reason Dx

29. empc’s avatar

is this comming for mad blocker alpha xploit??

30. solidsnake’s avatar

I want to go to there…

31. junn’s avatar

buy a old psvita from a pawnshop or other gamestore used

32. jrazorman’s avatar

WOW that looks great! i cant wait to try it out! Great Work Thank you!

33. joseph’s avatar

ok this is really cool now i wonder since tn can emulate psp firmware can he emulate cfw like gen in the emulated firmware

34. doomzydaizy’s avatar

Come on guys enough of the psp exploits. I dont mean to throw anywork of these people but i appreciate it. We really need some exploits for the VITA os. Now what we have psn access of psp? Heck we can pirate every game of psp so whats the point of a ps store for psp? i really dont mean to degrade any work done by these people..but we need to stop with the psp stuff. If we wont try for the vita exploits we’ll never know if its exploitable

1. Aces’s avatar

yo, penis
      what makes you think people aren’t trying for vita exploits?
      fact is, the PSP still has plenty of life left, thanks to the vita.
      Not everyone pirates, contrary to popular belief.
      I can afford my hobby, so if i like a game thats on PSP store and not vita’s, i’ll buy it, also i like foolin around with some of the homebrew as well.
      Its like the news few weeks back where scientists unlocked trivial functions of the body like how your fingers wrinkle when wet for long periods for better grip on wet surfaces, a lot of comments were “why dont they look for a cure for cancer”.
      its not like people aren’t doing that, but if every single scientist looked into that one thing, we would miss out on so many other breakthroughs (no, wrinkly fingers increasing grip isn’t a breakthrough LOL)

2. Youmu Konpoku’s avatar

if you need to pirate the games you shouldn’t have bought a vita.

35. Beanz’s avatar

Can’t wait for this(always loved the old XMB menu), thanks to everyone putting their time and effort into this.

36. meler-andy’s avatar

heh great news :D i did not update to 2.0.5 :D funny cos i got ark and tn-c :D

37. twenty90seven’s avatar

Still waiting for someone to port Ark or this CFW to 1.81 Urbanix….please!

38. FoFiX’s avatar

lol nobody pays atencion to the doomzy guy, some people is working on a vita exploit too u know

39. qwazed’s avatar

haha now i can use his mac adress mwhahahaha

40. cesa’s avatar

PS VITA 2 IN 1 :P

41. Landon’s avatar

Uno is back for the US and it is a shame we can’t use the proxy any more.

1. Beanz’s avatar

You can still get around the firmware block if you have a ps3 and openCMA on your computer. Just connect to openCMA with your vita and wait until your at the transfer menu, then unplug your vita plug it into your ps3 and try to connect to the ps3. It should connect no problem

42. Deudax’s avatar

Only PSP Store :/ no use for me, need to wait till next exploit again

43. Shay Legacy’s avatar

FOR ALL THE PEOPLE ON THE U.S. PSN, DO NOT BUY THE UNO GAME YET !! Let me confirm if the exploit can work on the Uno game before wasting your $1. I’ll be back to confirm this.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I hope you do know it won’t work on 2.05. Don’t waste your money, no need to test.

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

And who said I was on 2.05? Lmao.

1. John R.’s avatar

and how will you connect to psn if you are not on 2.05 to get the game in the first place xD

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

I already got it running and now, I’m happy as hell. About to screenshot if you want me too. Good luck getting it if you’re on 2.02 like me. Peace :p

2. Jd8531’s avatar

I made the assumption from your phrasing of ” Let me confirm if the exploit can work”. The exploit is going to work on 2.02 no matter what; It’s just getting it to copy over via ps3, that’s the problem right now.

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

Haha, sorry about that. Well, I already have the exploit running. I waited forever for this. Now, I’m playing all the psp games that I was dying to play. Take care, talk to you when total_noob release this XMB :)

2. Jd8531’s avatar

No problem, you too :)

44. gtfoo’s avatar

will TN-V support psx like ARK ?

45. Youmu Konpaku’s avatar

dose the clannad visual novel homebrew work on ARK or TN?

46. peter’s avatar

Thanks for your hard works keep it up people like you keep this scene going

47. Seallux’s avatar

Very nice this is awesome for anyone who missed out on the last crack ^^ still have my uno 2.02 :3 so this is awesome for my friends who updated XD

48. Qarpz’s avatar

Whats the best thing to do if I am on 1.81 and have gravity rush. Should i stay or upgrade?

· 1 · 2 · 3 ·