(Video)Total_Noob announces TN-V for Vita: XMB & PSN access

Total_Noob has officially announced his new project: 6.60 TN-V for the PlayStation Vita.

6.60 TN-V is a Custom Emulator Firmware (CEF) for the PSVita 2.02 UNO exploit. Total_Noob’s TN-V will be different from his last release (TN-C) as it will include a fully functioning XMB something we saw only briefly in pictures awhile back, however now Total_Noob has a video to show it in action. TN-V will support PSN access, so you’ll be able to connect to the PlayStation Network to download PSP games and access content, something that has been not possible after the mandatory 2.05 update and blocking of the Charles & Fiddler proxies. You’ll only be able to connect to the PSP’s store since TN-V uses part of the PSP 6.60 firmware (to connect), and we are limited to the PSPemu on the Vita.

There isn’t a concrete, established release date yet. TN-V is still a work in progress. Right now the UNO 2.02 exploit is the only targeted exploit, no word if the other exploits will be supported yet. Total_Noob says that there are quite some bugs that ll need to be worked on, however you can see a video of it working below!

1. First’s avatar

Dude thats so awesome

1. gunblade’s avatar

iam on 1.81 i think i heard i need to update to 2.02 to use the uno expl right…

2. Anatoly’s avatar

When will be a new game for hacking… :(

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

the next one will be VHBL only

3. TelcoLou’s avatar

What the cheese?!??! How was he abe to bypass blocking of PSN??

wow, didn’t see this coming :D

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

He didn’t bypass PSN’s security. He just ported the PSP’s PSN mudules to the Vita ;)

1. Mr-crazy’s avatar

*just*, can u *just* port them?

Why the hell u guys dont understand the ammount ofskill required in doing the level of his work, which is much greater than any other dev/ark maker.

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Yeah that *JUST* sounds so.. as if it was no work at all. -_-
          He JUST did it at launchtime… -_-;

1. S1NFUL’s avatar

Guys, *JUST* give the brother a break.

2. JeoWay’s avatar

You can’t *just* port a firmware menu to an exploit. Now, giving that the firmware is a file in a PBP format, this is made so only you can install it on a psp. Now using the same code, you can make a *somewhat* port of the XMB to it. It would take a lot of decrypting and modifying modules in order for it to run.

Basically what I’m saying is, you cant just put the 6.60 PBP called EBOOT.PBP and rename it to MENU.PBP. Otherwises, you will get a loading error and a crash.

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

ok, “JUST PORT”: REWRITE SOME PARTS OF A PROGRAM OR A WHOLE PROGRAM TO RUN ON OTHER PLATAFORM THAN THE ORIGINAL. yeah, “JUST PORT” sound simple, but isn´t. TN just port the firmware because he bring it from the PSP to the Vita.

3. Yes’s avatar

I think he just ment to say what was done, not that it didnt take much work or anything like that.

4. poop’s avatar

youre just a fuckin retard.lets make fun of this dudes word choice. ur so pathetic its insane.we all know the guy didnt mean that porting psn was easy. that instead of the ps vitas psn he just used the psps psn.jeez.

2. DS_Marine’s avatar

Wouldn’t it be better to say he ‘implemented’ the missing parts in the efw so xmb/psn can run? I believe they can’t add anything vita side.
        Whether he took it from ofw or wrote from scratch, in both cases is an awesome work.

4. CooLMaN’s avatar

Great news

5. Shaylo’s avatar

Most of us that missed the exploit are ready for a new game exploit other than Uno…Sony, please release a *meanngful* update already.

1. Shaylo’s avatar

*meaningful*

1. DeeJ’s avatar

The exploit you speak of would only be user access, this “exploit” if you will, wont have this type of access to have psn access.

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

Correct. But which would you choose, stay on 2.02 just to play PSP games or update to a newer firmware just to play homebrews?

1. Kenster240’s avatar

The 2.02 exploit also allows homebrew access so I would stay on 2.02.

2. brunoso’s avatar

I think that sony is getting worry about the gaps of the vita and they are making a new jail for it….

1. brunoso’s avatar

Or they dont have news features. Lol

2. go1den3ye’s avatar

UNO is back on PSN (EU) if you haven’t updated to 2.05 yet

6. Yuu’s avatar

Thanks Jd8531 for the news update and Total_Noob for your awesome work, this looks awesome to say the least. Take your time to iron out bugs i say ;-).

7. lumenia’s avatar

this is good but i want native psvita homebrew.

1. BattyCrease’s avatar

Well, why don’t you start working on it then?

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

is not easy to do that, you need an SDK

1. gomez’s avatar

leaked sdk is functional (not legal), you just need a way to run unsigned code

8. Nope’s avatar

Question: As he’s changing the thing inside the PSPemu this time, will we be able to play games with them being blurry as hell or horridly resized? Can’t really tell from the video and those options on the Vita itself don’t help at all IMHO. :(

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

NO, Vita resolution screen is 2 times than the PSP games running on it.

1. Nope’s avatar

So? You should theoretically be able format the video so that it’s the original size if you’re changing everything else. (Kind of like widescreen HD movies)

9. Saul’s avatar

I’m on firmware 1.80 on MHFU exploit. If I download a UNO iso and run that with the UNO exploit save data, you think I will be able to use this new TN-V?

10. Veskgar’s avatar

QUESTION: Will this allow you to purchase / download PS One games that will show up and play on the Vita? Or will there be issues due to the PSN accessed through the PSP Emu and not the Vita?

1. go1den3ye’s avatar

you can buy them, but they would show up in the PSP emu. however you could transfer them to the VITA using a ps3, and get them in the VITA menu that way

1. KuroRyuu913’s avatar

But u would need to update the PS Vita for PS3 to PSVita interaction.

2. HIMFan’s avatar

Yes, you can use an ISO of Uno to make this work. I know because I downloaded an ISO of MHFU while on an eCFW and got it to load the VHBL through MHFU.

1. gunblade’s avatar

ahah yea did that with anather exploit to didnt think to use it with uno but i seen uno back on the psn but think i might get an iso fo now thks fo reminding me

11. Leires’s avatar

This is freaking spectacular news. D: D:

12. bane’s avatar

that was awesome…for who said this is not a meaningful update, work and bla bla bla, why u try to developed something like this 1st…keep up the good work guys..

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

I think when I was reading down the comments, that one who said this was not a meaningful update was referring to Sony, not to Total_Noob. But this is a good update only for users who already has Uno exploit, and useless for the ones who missed the exploit :)

13. Charles’s avatar

Awesome man!

14. nolly’s avatar

I’m currently on 2.02 and missed the uno exploit. So would it be best to update to 2.05 for upcoming exploits or remain on 2.02 to be on the safe side ?

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

Remain on 2.02 at all times until they release a exploit that can play PSP isos. I rather stick to 2.02, I really don’t care about any exploits unless it can play psp iso :)

2. Tony86’s avatar

i missed the UNO exploit but, UNO is back on the EU store now, i downloaded it on my ps3, connected my Vita to my laptop and used OpenCMA, while the transfer from pc to vita otor vita to pc screen was up i disconnected it from laptop and plugged it in to ps3, clicked on connect to ps3, then transfer UNO to your vita.

if you have a PS3 then this is well worth it.

hope this helps.

Tony

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

Holy crap Tony!! I have a problem with that! I did what you said (I was told many times before) but it never EVER shows up on my PS Vita 2.02. It’s the full Uno game on my PS3. What am I missing or doing wrong?

1. go1den3ye’s avatar

you might have bought the PSV UNO game, and not the PSP UNO game.

2. lord_danzig’s avatar

you aren’t missing anything assuming you got the PSP version. the game is “blacklisted” which means it can be downloaded to your ps3 but there is no way to make it appear in content manager until it is no longer blacklisted

3. Tony86’s avatar

You need to make sure you have the psp UNO and openCMA, I done it a few days ago and works for me?

Make sure its properly connected to your pc, open CMA on your vita, let it load until you get to the screen asking what you want to do, copy games from pc to vita or vita to pc.

At that point, unplug it ONLY!! From your pc usb port, plug it in to ps3.

Now on your vita it will say disconnected or something similar, it will ask what do you want to connect to and just tap ps3.

I hope this helps.

3. go1den3ye’s avatar

UNO is back on PSN (EU) I downloaded it 3 days ago. if you have a ps3 you can get the exploit :)

15. XDarkMario’s avatar

yea stick it to the man!!fight the power! lol

16. makak1984’s avatar

Awsome! This guy always makes me proud, for now IF he release his project the ARK will be a simple thing. I think TN also will gives sound to PSX games quicker chan the Coldbird IF he somehow back from grave.

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

Yeah, only if Coldbird rise from the back scene..

17. kagaelus’s avatar

Awesomesauce!!! Fo Sho!!!

Now about that downgrader?
    One can dream?

18. Kefkiroth’s avatar

Really great stuff. I’d love having a proper XMB (as I never had a PSP, and like the PS3′s XMB). ARK works well enough in terms of compatibility/speed, but an XMB is a nice touch. Now to see whether it has something ARK doesn’t besides the XMB (maybe getting in PS1 games with sound first).

19. kagaelus’s avatar

stay on 2.02 nolly

20. CrystalMusic07’s avatar

HOLY CUNT!!! and that’s great!!!

21. bin_0717’s avatar

Please make it available on 1.81 urbanix exploit…

22. wartaf’s avatar

cant wait to this!! i want it on GCP exploits :D

23. pkmaximum’s avatar

I hate to sound ungrateful, because I am most certainly not; I appreciate all the work the developers and hackers do to contribute to the scene. However, I think the Vita scene is ready for a real User/Kernal Level exploit for the Vita. I know Yiunthl (I know I butchered his username, I’ll call him “Y”) has a user-level exploit and he has no plans on releasing it. While I can understand Y’s point on why he would rather hold onto the exploit, I think the Vita is a dying platform to be honest. I’m not going to bother tossing around numbers on why I think the platform is dying, I think most people are honestly aware of its status.

To be blunt, if this playstation event February 20th SONY is having doesn’t impress me for the future of the Vita, and we do not see some random person or Y (doubtful) release a Vita User-level exploit or better, I think I’m putting the Vita away in the closet.

Most of us who have the Playstation Vita and are involved in the hacking scene have owned/own a PSP, I think we’re passed that now and need something new.

I really do not want to see Smartphones and tablets steal away our homebrew scene, as they will never be viable gaming platforms in my opinion for console-quality games. At the same time, there is no way I can conceive of having the best of both worlds in a device; a phone looks and functions poorly with dedicated gaming controls; a gaming console with dedicated gaming controls, functions poorly as a phone.

I appreciate all the work Total_Noob and the rest of the Vita hackers/modders have done for the scene.

1. Someone Else’s avatar

And blah blah blah

You’re not excited about this.
      It’s not a full enough hack to interest you.

You needed to point that out why?

1. Jose’s avatar

You and a lot of people here need to get their panties in a bunch.

You need to understand that criticism will come all the time. Responding to a long paragraph, that if you read does make some sense and provides solid points, with just ‘blah blah blah’ is very inane to say the least.

He never even said he was not excited about this release, maybe if you read and didn’t act like all the others you would have gathered that he DOES appreciate his work.

1. Someone Else’s avatar

And you need to understand, such criticisms of painstaking freeware are always wrong garbage, and will always be treated as such.

It looks like most of that post is trying to justify “come on it’s time to give us something better” as “not ungrateful”. I don’t find a single “solid point” other than impatient greed for something bigger. Nothing in this wall of text is worth a second thought, to me.

And end user presuming to tell the programmers themselves what the scene is “ready for” is self-felating garbage, honestly.

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

first… you need and SDK to do that, its not easy, second big games are comming in 2013 for the vita and a kernel xploit will make the developers to run away.

3. lord_danzig’s avatar

patience my friend. if you want to put your vita away no one really gives a shit. the hackers (the ones who did ALL THE WORK FOR YOU FOR FREE) will release the exploits when they feel the time is right.

you complaining about it isn’t gonna change a thing. we all want a Userland or Kernel exploit.

24. peter’s avatar

What about USB Support? and man thank you for all you have done keep it up man

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

USB is a vita part… i dont think tn was able to make working in psp mode, he will post that to if he can do it.

25. BloodyLai’s avatar

oh yes! thats a great news.. :) i cant wait ! thanks for the hardwork total_noob!

26. Proto-tyrant’s avatar

hey awesome work, nice to read that!

your a the best!

Proto

27. huz’s avatar

I HAVE UNO 2.02 exploit NOT UPDATE 2.05 LATER
    6.60 TN-V “PSPemu XMB” CEF FOR PS VITA future
    :D

ACCOUNT USERS WITH PSN ISSUES DATA INTERNET LINK

28. hmmm’s avatar

dont Total_Noob say he not gona work on Vita that he got life?

29. Tony’s avatar

Oh ma gawd. Damn amazing work by total noob

30. Lightning’s avatar

okay this is pretty cool, but I didnt pay over 300 bucks to go back to a psp menu and psp psn. c’mon we need something new….wheres stfu with the badass cfw he talks about?

31. ramenking’s avatar

well done Total_Noob, this looks amazing love the xmb menu. you guys keep surprising us, its nutz how this scene is moving forward so fast.

32. quetz’s avatar

WOW!!! Simply GREAT!! :D thank you TN!

33. kikershadow’s avatar

No URBANIX port iam sad now.
    ¿They can play music and videos from here?

34. William A.U. (NeonAera)’s avatar

Wow, TN-V looks sick kick@$% AWESOME.. Can’t wait. Total_Noob, my hats off to you man. Early congrats. This is very cool news. Thanks JD for the updates. I am absolutely PUMPED for the new TN-V menu coming; the menu is the exact replica of PSP’s XMB, which is really neat, and will make it very official-looking, but not! You will fool a lot of people lol! For example, they’re like: “What?! But.. how did you get PSP’s XMB on the PSVita’s menu?!” Very cool idea with PSP XMB, Total_Noob!! I can’t wait until it is released!!

1. psVitovic’s avatar

it’s not a theme, but the XMB port… probably a .prx or something like that… so he isn’t fooling people, it’s a great masterpiece…

1. William A.U. (NeonAera)’s avatar

D’ohh!! =_= *shakes head* You are right. The real actual thing, not a theme. I didn’t get my facts correct. Sorry.

Anyway, HYPEDD!! For the release of PSP XMB port!!

35. Tonakai’s avatar

This is amazing – I really can’t wait for this project to be completed.

36. FishSticks’s avatar

It almost feels like this is TN’s way of saying ‘Fuck You’ to the ark team. They bagged his work, claiming that ark had many more features of his eCFW. Now who could honestly say they wouldn’t ditch the pathetic excuse for an eCFW (ark) or upgrade from c?

37. RedHawk02’s avatar

Total_Noob For The Fucking WIN

38. Dude’s avatar

How suggest me to stay on 2.5
    Or i have to upgrade the ps vita ?

1. >_>’s avatar

The Vita hasn’t reached firmware 2.5 yet.

39. Deagle275’s avatar

INCREBILIVABLE!!!

40. pploco1996’s avatar

I have a question: if he could port part of the psp fw to connect to the psn, can anybody port the psx playing part of the fw so people can play psx games with sound?

1. thedicemaster’s avatar

psx uses components of the psp that aren’t emulated by the vita.
      even with a proper port of pops sound would just crash it because the processor used for sound isn’t there.

it IS possible to get sound working through other methods, but it’s quite hard to do.

41. E’s avatar

This is freaking SICK. I have been waiting for some XMB action on the Vita. So much better than those little bubbles. I know it will not replace them but I will be spending the majority of my time in TN-V (when it is released) so that I can get my XMB experience on the Vita

42. TheHand’s avatar

ya this looks nice ive been workin on a ps store ported app form basically since the firstecfw release i cant wait to get my hands on this ” V ”

43. VivaLaVita’s avatar

To everyone saying “we need something new!” and stuff like that, please just shut up. It’s annoying to read your ignorant posts. Developers can’t just create a Vita-land exploit because “we need something new!” That is implying that the developers are holding out on us. If they could hack the vita they would have done so. The only reason we’re messing with all of this psp stuff is because it’s ALL WE CAN DO RIGHT NOW. That’s as far as we’ve gotten. so stop bitching!

1. Umadbro’s avatar

you talk like you’re a developer, but in reality you’re just a user of all these exploits. why don’t you shut up, let them do the job and take a seat son

1. Someone Else’s avatar

He talks like a grateful end-user, who has his facts strait, defending developers. And he’s right.

They’re giving giving giving, mostly selflessly. They’re deciding when to add things, based mostly off of our interests, which is their right. Anyway, the wait generally comes from delivering something more finished or harder to patch.

Every “full hack” they have atm is apparently easily patchable. If they keep the native exploit private, they can use its full access to seek things like full, updatable CFW for everyone.

Dbag move to criticize someone for sticking up for the devs.

44. psVitovic’s avatar

DOES IT SUPPORT USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE IF YOU CONNECT IT TO THE PC?

45. kuagelo’s avatar

Total_Noob IS A GOD. \m/

46. razor’s avatar

Total_Noob is just AMAZING! No idea how he does all these progress easily in a highly secure system like Vita.

47. rei’s avatar

nice keep up the great work we’ll be patiently waiting

48. icyheart’s avatar

Great news u are perfect

49. enzospartan’s avatar

Of course, ANOTHER CEF release exclusively for the Uno exploit. How about some love for the other exploits for those of us who are stuck on older FWs?

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

make your own port, TN is open sourced!

50. khairul_syazwan90’s avatar

awesome total_noob..thank you for your hard work..its really great..

1 · 2 · 3 ·