(Video)Total_Noob announces TN-V for Vita: XMB & PSN access

Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. First says:

Dude thats so awesome

2. Anatoly says:

When will be a new game for hacking… :(

3. TelcoLou says:

What the cheese?!??! How was he abe to bypass blocking of PSN??

wow, didn’t see this coming :D

• hgoel0974 says:

He didn’t bypass PSN’s security. He just ported the PSP’s PSN mudules to the Vita ;)

• Mr-crazy says:

*just*, can u *just* port them?

Why the heck u guys dont understand the ammount ofskill required in doing the level of his work, which is much greater than any other dev/ark maker.

• Thrawn says:

Yeah that *JUST* sounds so.. as if it was no work at all. -_-
          He JUST did it at launchtime… -_-;

• JeoWay says:

You can’t *just* port a firmware menu to an exploit. Now, giving that the firmware is a file in a PBP format, this is made so only you can install it on a psp. Now using the same code, you can make a *somewhat* port of the XMB to it. It would take a lot of decrypting and modifying modules in order for it to run.

Basically what I’m saying is, you cant just put the 6.60 PBP called EBOOT.PBP and rename it to MENU.PBP. Otherwises, you will get a loading error and a crash.

• WolfRamiO says:

ok, “JUST PORT”: REWRITE SOME PARTS OF A PROGRAM OR A WHOLE PROGRAM TO RUN ON OTHER PLATAFORM THAN THE ORIGINAL. yeah, “JUST PORT” sound simple, but isn´t. TN just port the firmware because he bring it from the PSP to the Vita.

• Yes says:

I think he just ment to say what was done, not that it didnt take much work or anything like that.

• DS_Marine says:

Wouldn’t it be better to say he ‘implemented’ the missing parts in the efw so xmb/psn can run? I believe they can’t add anything vita side.
        Whether he took it from ofw or wrote from scratch, in both cases is an awesome work.

4. CooLMaN says:

Great news

5. Shaylo says:

Most of us that missed the exploit are ready for a new game exploit other than Uno…Sony, please release a *meanngful* update already.

6. Yuu says:

Thanks Jd8531 for the news update and Total_Noob for your awesome work, this looks awesome to say the least. Take your time to iron out bugs i say ;-).

7. lumenia says:

this is good but i want native psvita homebrew.

8. Nope says:

Question: As he’s changing the thing inside the PSPemu this time, will we be able to play games with them being blurry as heck or horridly resized? Can’t really tell from the video and those options on the Vita itself don’t help at all IMHO. :(

9. Saul says:

I’m on firmware 1.80 on MHFU exploit. If I download a UNO iso and run that with the UNO exploit save data, you think I will be able to use this new TN-V?

10. Veskgar says:

QUESTION: Will this allow you to purchase / download PS One games that will show up and play on the Vita? Or will there be issues due to the PSN accessed through the PSP Emu and not the Vita?

• go1den3ye says:

you can buy them, but they would show up in the PSP emu. however you could transfer them to the VITA using a ps3, and get them in the VITA menu that way

• HIMFan says:

Yes, you can use an ISO of Uno to make this work. I know because I downloaded an ISO of MHFU while on an eCFW and got it to load the VHBL through MHFU.

• gunblade says:

ahah yea did that with anather exploit to didnt think to use it with uno but i seen uno back on the psn but think i might get an iso fo now thks fo reminding me

11. Leires says:

This is freaking spectacular news. D: D:

12. bane says:

that was awesome…for who said this is not a meaningful update, work and bla bla bla, why u try to developed something like this 1st…keep up the good work guys..

• I think when I was reading down the comments, that one who said this was not a meaningful update was referring to Sony, not to Total_Noob. But this is a good update only for users who already has Uno exploit, and useless for the ones who missed the exploit :)

13. Charles says:

Awesome man!

14. nolly says:

I’m currently on 2.02 and missed the uno exploit. So would it be best to update to 2.05 for upcoming exploits or remain on 2.02 to be on the safe side ?

• Remain on 2.02 at all times until they release a exploit that can play PSP isos. I rather stick to 2.02, I really don’t care about any exploits unless it can play psp iso :)

• Tony86 says:

i missed the UNO exploit but, UNO is back on the EU store now, i downloaded it on my ps3, connected my Vita to my laptop and used OpenCMA, while the transfer from pc to vita otor vita to pc screen was up i disconnected it from laptop and plugged it in to ps3, clicked on connect to ps3, then transfer UNO to your vita.

if you have a PS3 then this is well worth it.

hope this helps.

Tony

• Holy *** Tony!! I have a problem with that! I did what you said (I was told many times before) but it never EVER shows up on my PS Vita 2.02. It’s the full Uno game on my PS3. What am I missing or doing wrong?

• go1den3ye says:

you might have bought the PSV UNO game, and not the PSP UNO game.

• lord_danzig says:

you aren’t missing anything assuming you got the PSP version. the game is “blacklisted” which means it can be downloaded to your ps3 but there is no way to make it appear in content manager until it is no longer blacklisted

• Tony86 says:

You need to make sure you have the psp UNO and openCMA, I done it a few days ago and works for me?

Make sure its properly connected to your pc, open CMA on your vita, let it load until you get to the screen asking what you want to do, copy games from pc to vita or vita to pc.

At that point, unplug it ONLY!! From your pc usb port, plug it in to ps3.

Now on your vita it will say disconnected or something similar, it will ask what do you want to connect to and just tap ps3.

I hope this helps.

• go1den3ye says:

UNO is back on PSN (EU) I downloaded it 3 days ago. if you have a ps3 you can get the exploit :)

15. XDarkMario says:

yea stick it to the man!!fight the power! lol

16. makak1984 says:

Awsome! This guy always makes me proud, for now IF he release his project the ARK will be a simple thing. I think TN also will gives sound to PSX games quicker chan the Coldbird IF he somehow back from grave.

17. kagaelus says:

Awesomesauce!!! Fo Sho!!!

Now about that downgrader?
    One can dream?

18. Kefkiroth says:

Really great stuff. I’d love having a proper XMB (as I never had a PSP, and like the PS3’s XMB). ARK works well enough in terms of compatibility/speed, but an XMB is a nice touch. Now to see whether it has something ARK doesn’t besides the XMB (maybe getting in PS1 games with sound first).

19. kagaelus says:

stay on 2.02 nolly

20. bin_0717 says:

Please make it available on 1.81 urbanix exploit…

21. wartaf says:

cant wait to this!! i want it on GCP exploits :D

22. pkmaximum says:

I hate to sound ungrateful, because I am most certainly not; I appreciate all the work the developers and hackers do to contribute to the scene. However, I think the Vita scene is ready for a real User/Kernal Level exploit for the Vita. I know Yiunthl (I know I butchered his username, I’ll call him “Y”) has a user-level exploit and he has no plans on releasing it. While I can understand Y’s point on why he would rather hold onto the exploit, I think the Vita is a dying platform to be honest. I’m not going to bother tossing around numbers on why I think the platform is dying, I think most people are honestly aware of its status.

To be blunt, if this playstation event February 20th SONY is having doesn’t impress me for the future of the Vita, and we do not see some random person or Y (doubtful) release a Vita User-level exploit or better, I think I’m putting the Vita away in the closet.

Most of us who have the Playstation Vita and are involved in the hacking scene have owned/own a PSP, I think we’re passed that now and need something new.

I really do not want to see Smartphones and tablets steal away our homebrew scene, as they will never be viable gaming platforms in my opinion for console-quality games. At the same time, there is no way I can conceive of having the best of both worlds in a device; a phone looks and functions poorly with dedicated gaming controls; a gaming console with dedicated gaming controls, functions poorly as a phone.

I appreciate all the work Total_Noob and the rest of the Vita hackers/modders have done for the scene.

• Someone Else says:

And blah blah blah

You’re not excited about this.
      It’s not a full enough hack to interest you.

You needed to point that out why?

• Jose says:

You and a lot of people here need to get their panties in a bunch.

You need to understand that criticism will come all the time. Responding to a long paragraph, that if you read does make some sense and provides solid points, with just ‘blah blah blah’ is very inane to say the least.

He never even said he was not excited about this release, maybe if you read and didn’t act like all the others you would have gathered that he DOES appreciate his work.

• Someone Else says:

And you need to understand, such criticisms of painstaking freeware are always wrong garbage, and will always be treated as such.

It looks like most of that post is trying to justify “come on it’s time to give us something better” as “not ungrateful”. I don’t find a single “solid point” other than impatient greed for something bigger. Nothing in this wall of text is worth a second thought, to me.

And end user presuming to tell the programmers themselves what the scene is “ready for” is self-felating garbage, honestly.

• WolfRamiO says:

first… you need and SDK to do that, its not easy, second big games are comming in 2013 for the vita and a kernel xploit will make the developers to run away.

23. peter says:

What about USB Support? and man thank you for all you have done keep it up man

24. BloodyLai says:

oh yes! thats a great news.. :) i cant wait ! thanks for the hardwork total_noob!

25. Proto-tyrant says:

hey awesome work, nice to read that!

your a the best!

Proto

26. huz says:

I HAVE UNO 2.02 exploit NOT UPDATE 2.05 LATER
    6.60 TN-V “PSPemu XMB” CEF FOR PS VITA future
    :D

ACCOUNT USERS WITH PSN ISSUES DATA INTERNET LINK

27. hmmm says:

dont Total_Noob say he not gona work on Vita that he got life?

28. Tony says:

Oh ma gawd. Damn amazing work by total noob

29. Lightning says:

okay this is pretty cool, but I didnt pay over 300 bucks to go back to a psp menu and psp psn. c’mon we need something new….wheres *** with the badass cfw he talks about?

30. ramenking says:

well done Total_Noob, this looks amazing love the xmb menu. you guys keep surprising us, its nutz how this scene is moving forward so fast.

31. quetz says:

WOW!!! Simply GREAT!! :D thank you TN!

32. No URBANIX port iam sad now.
    ¿They can play music and videos from here?

33. William A.U. (NeonAera) says:

Wow, TN-V looks sick kick@$% AWESOME.. Can’t wait. Total_Noob, my hats off to you man. Early congrats. This is very cool news. Thanks JD for the updates. I am absolutely PUMPED for the new TN-V menu coming; the menu is the exact replica of PSP’s XMB, which is really neat, and will make it very official-looking, but not! You will fool a lot of people lol! For example, they’re like: “What?! But.. how did you get PSP’s XMB on the PSVita’s menu?!” Very cool idea with PSP XMB, Total_Noob!! I can’t wait until it is released!!

• psVitovic says:

it’s not a theme, but the XMB port… probably a .prx or something like that… so he isn’t fooling people, it’s a great masterpiece…

• William A.U. (NeonAera) says:

D’ohh!! =_= *shakes head* You are right. The real actual thing, not a theme. I didn’t get my facts correct. Sorry.

Anyway, HYPEDD!! For the release of PSP XMB port!!

34. Tonakai says:

This is amazing – I really can’t wait for this project to be completed.

35. Dude says:

How suggest me to stay on 2.5
    Or i have to upgrade the ps vita ?

36. Deagle275 says:

INCREBILIVABLE!!!

37. pploco1996 says:

I have a question: if he could port part of the psp fw to connect to the psn, can anybody port the psx playing part of the fw so people can play psx games with sound?

• thedicemaster says:

psx uses components of the psp that aren’t emulated by the vita.
      even with a proper port of pops sound would just crash it because the processor used for sound isn’t there.

it IS possible to get sound working through other methods, but it’s quite hard to do.

38. E says:

This is freaking SICK. I have been waiting for some XMB action on the Vita. So much better than those little bubbles. I know it will not replace them but I will be spending the majority of my time in TN-V (when it is released) so that I can get my XMB experience on the Vita

39. TheHand says:

ya this looks nice ive been workin on a ps store ported app form basically since the firstecfw release i cant wait to get my hands on this ” V ”

40. psVitovic says:

DOES IT SUPPORT USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE IF YOU CONNECT IT TO THE PC?

41. kuagelo says:

Total_Noob IS A GOD. \m/

42. razor says:

Total_Noob is just AMAZING! No idea how he does all these progress easily in a highly secure system like Vita.

43. rei says:

nice keep up the great work we’ll be patiently waiting

44. icyheart says:

Great news u are perfect

45. enzospartan says:

Of course, ANOTHER CEF release exclusively for the Uno exploit. How about some love for the other exploits for those of us who are stuck on older FWs?

46. khairul_syazwan90 says:

awesome total_noob..thank you for your hard work..its really great..

47. bronze_sword says:

of corse i updated

48. Nani says:

Think of the guys who missed the exploit too.
    Good Days Soon :)

49. KuroRyuu913 says:

Hyped for this. Thank god I didnt update, and the best part is, I can play Phantasy Star Portable 2 online again!

50. Paul says:

Please tell me it is possible for this to be ported to Gravity Crash. Right? RIGHT?!

1. February 5, 2013