(Video)Total_Noob announces TN-V for Vita: XMB & PSN access

Total_Noob has officially announced his new project: 6.60 TN-V for the PlayStation Vita.

6.60 TN-V is a Custom Emulator Firmware (CEF) for the PSVita 2.02 UNO exploit. Total_Noob’s TN-V will be different from his last release (TN-C) as it will include a fully functioning XMB something we saw only briefly in pictures awhile back, however now Total_Noob has a video to show it in action. TN-V will support PSN access, so you’ll be able to connect to the PlayStation Network to download PSP games and access content, something that has been not possible after the mandatory 2.05 update and blocking of the Charles & Fiddler proxies. You’ll only be able to connect to the PSP’s store since TN-V uses part of the PSP 6.60 firmware (to connect), and we are limited to the PSPemu on the Vita.

There isn’t a concrete, established release date yet. TN-V is still a work in progress. Right now the UNO 2.02 exploit is the only targeted exploit, no word if the other exploits will be supported yet. Total_Noob says that there are quite some bugs that ll need to be worked on, however you can see a video of it working below!

1. Rafa’s avatar

Hi,
    it’s really impressive, but I have a simple quuestion, i think.

I have the GC xploit in 1.81 and I noted that when i play a psp game in wireless with any other psp the connection stops or suffer lag and then it interrups some minuts later I started it (it only happen when i use the xploit, if i play a psp game bought from the store, it works perfectly). So my question is, you think that with this CFW TN-V I could install the CFW 6.30/6.60 PRO and play my back ups without wireless troubles.

2. NoOne’s avatar

I am wondering how TN got the PS Vita Mac Address?

3. shenmue’s avatar

Who needs Sony when we have this crazy Total Noob who can do anything!!!!!

4. McLoven’s avatar

Total_Noob, you sir are straight up genius. If I were to see you in real life man I would run up to you and demand your autograph. Keep up the great work.

5. gunblade’s avatar

can i use ps3 to get uno or do i need to get it with the vita

1. Tony86’s avatar

you can use your ps3, you wont be able to use your vita as 2.02 cant access the store anymore.

you need to download it on ps3 then connect your vita to pc using openCMA, pull usb lead out from computer and connect it to your ps3.

you should then be able to transfer UNO from ps3 on to your vita.

=]

1. Yep’s avatar

are you serious, no one told me about this, so I just updated, since i couldn’t get it.

6. gunblade’s avatar

Total_Noob is it me or does ur vita have like dead pixels mines does i guess does the psp fix dead pixxles thing work on the vita

1. HIMFan’s avatar

Are you talking about the black blobs when the screen goes dark? Thats a normal sideeffect of OLED screens. Everyone’s blobs are different too. A dead pixel is a spot (that has no color) thats on the screen regardless of what’s playing on the screen.

1. PSPNostalgia’s avatar

Deadpixel talk? Feels like 2005 all over again!

1. PSPNostalgia’s avatar

As well as seeing the PSP XMB again hehe. Teenage days all over again!

2. gunblade’s avatar

ahaha yea tha blob thing

7. andre104623’s avatar

I hope this is ported to 1.80 mhfu cuz im still running it with tn-c. I was pissed no one ported ARK eCFW to 1.80 or 1.81

1. gunblade’s avatar

yea iam on 1.81 was hopping ark for my expoit but i guess since 2.02 has wifi trtanfer i might as wel jus update to 2.02 so i can jus have my laptop with me to tranfers games from it was hopping to have like a cloud storage for my game since vita memory jus goes to like 64 gb

8. joe k’s avatar

sounds good, cant wait

9. Mr. MaGoo’s avatar

I am wondering what the compatibility rate is going to be like for psp back ups. I can’t get my copy of tekken 6 to work. I made the back ups myself from my umd. I could get a couple games to work on one of my vitas but not the other. Same fw and everything. Weird

1. Vita_User’s avatar

I found that my official backup of Teken 6 didn’t work until I changed the CPU speed back to default. I saw that mentioned somewhere so tried it.

1. Mr. MaGoo’s avatar

Sweet, I definitely try that tomorrow. Was that the cpu speed on the vita or when makinh the backup? Ill try both

10. jake’s avatar

Somebody needs to get a PS3 emulator to run on a pc. Then, some of us could with 2.01 and a copy of UNO, get ARK running on the PS Vita. Of course, jailbreaking the PS Vita would be even better. Hope that happens this year. This CMA/OpenCMA monkey business needs to go extinct altogether. I do appreciate all that Total Noob et al have done thus far. It’s time to take the gloves off though, and jailbreak the PS Vita, opening it up as was done with the PSP.

1. gunblade’s avatar

idk on jailbreack but i no the first vita firmware it was easier to install backups on so probly like the psp we would have to downgrade to um 1.30 or sumthing the install a custume firm but i guess its like the ps3 in 3.60 its almost imposible to downgrade

11. John R.’s avatar

is there a way to subscribe to psn+ and download the games on the memory card without updating to 2.05 ? i so want to get psn+ but don’t wanna lose the exploit, such a dilemma….

can i put my memory card on another 2.05 vita and get the psn+ games then put the memory back on my 2.02 exploited vita ? what should i really do ? any help ? thanks !

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Sadly no, as for the memory card thing im not sure but it would have to be the same account that’s tied to your vita with the exploit.

1. John R.’s avatar

this is kinda stupid….
        sony is basically preventing me from giving them money….

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Basically, I guess they don’t need it :p

1. John R.’s avatar

lol man from a marketing point of view , that is not good for business lol !

2. Mr. MaGoo’s avatar

@ John, currently that mem stick trick is what I do. Since open cma is not blocked yet I download the game onto my 2.5 ofw and back it up with open cma and then download it on my uno exploited psv :-) .so it does work.

1. PSPNostalgia’s avatar

Fantastic, thanks for confirming.

Now need someone I know to get a Vita haha. Time to play the waiting game…Or just buy physical copies I guess lol.

12. miguelcuprum2’s avatar

my ps vita is in 2.01 wiht the uno exploit will this still work

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Yes it will.

13. airol’s avatar

hey my son ps vita was updated to 2.05…will uno explot work on this??? my son appreciate ur answer…thanks..

1. John R.’s avatar

it’s not gonna work
      the exploit works on 2.02 only

2. PSPNostalgia’s avatar

That’s one of the key rules of hacking club!

1. PSPNostalgia’s avatar

Ensuring no one else updates your firmware :)

14. airol’s avatar

ps vita 1st bday sale in psn europe…hurry

1. PSPNostalgia’s avatar

Can’t believe it’s nearly been a year.

15. itsugawakun’s avatar

i’d get TotalNoob pussy in a heartbeat, but then again with your magic i think you’ll be faster.

16. Darksideafrocan’s avatar

Dis got 2 be reeleesed on fw 1.81 i nose many gaymaz dat ain’t updayt day vita

17. vikiviki’s avatar

Hi Guys, I need your advice. I have PSV with 2.02, unfortunatly I am not able to activate it as it requires software update. And I am not able to run my legal! game as is says PSV need to be activated. Do I have any options to activate it without upgrading to 2.05 and download UNO gane to play with UNO exploit?

Thanks.

1. Mr. MaGoo’s avatar

Try using your memory card in another psv.

18. Ksa’s avatar

Hey guys , can u please tell me how download games on the uno Exploit ????? i dont get it

1. >_>’s avatar

Upgrade to official 2.05.

19. JC3Fresh’s avatar

If it keeps going like this (psp exploits in the vita) then sony might want to remove that backwards compatibility

20. Tired Waiting’s avatar

Will someone ever release an iso loader or hack for 2.05?im tired of waiting please!! i didn’t even get to play any iso’s because i bought my vita in the version of 2.05 and missed the exploit shit!

1. >_>’s avatar

No. Now go cry in a corner.

21. johnny’s avatar

get a PSP then and stop crying. Why the f you bought a PS Vita if you want to play PSP games? RETARD

1. vextype-0’s avatar

well there is killzone mercenary comes out September 17th i wont update until sony gets there shit in gear.

22. vextype-0’s avatar

sony can suck it

23. Jonathan Huebert’s avatar

has anyone tried to play birth by sleep final mix? it doesnt work on tn-c or ark… anyone else have this issue?

24. Gangstamalu’s avatar

Lol this is dev hook. I called it in my other comment on the 2.05 exploit video. Trust me guys when hackers start to look into stuff like this custom firmware won’t be long. Maybe in a year dark Alex type of stuff.

25. jake’s avatar

Total_Noob,

I don’t have UNO on my PS Vita. My PS Vita has System 2.02 on it. Will that PS Vita (as stated) STILL be able to utilize your TN-V program?

1. Arizato’s avatar

No. It won’t. Download UNO to your PS3 and transfer it to your Vita with Open CMA. Instructions as follows:

“Put Vita in airplane mode (safety)
      Start Open CMA
      plugin Vita via USB to PC
      Browse to content manager on vita and select PC
      Disconnect from PC
      Plugin into ps3 via USB (also unplugged ps3 lan for safety)
      highlight downloaded game, eg ninja gaiden sigma plus
      triangle and copy to vita.
      Disconnect and enjoy.”

What ever you do, don’t let it update the Vita. If the instructions doesn’t work, restart the Vita and try again.

1. Santos’s avatar

I don’t know if I’m acutally doing something wrong, but whenever I unplug my Vita from my PC and plug it into the PS3 and try to copy something I get the message that my Ethernet cable is not plugged in at the moment. What should I do now? Do you have any suggestions?

26. vita_m33_DA’s avatar

guys!!! imagine if dark alex comes back and creates a cfw for the actual vita firmware *-* that would be awesome :) stupid guy who ever made coldbird leave the scene…who ever that guy is, could kill themselves for ruining the psx conpatability sound >:( man I wish I was gifted with developing skill to give it a shot :( someday maybe

27. SpeedPowerdd’s avatar

Want it nowwww ;P

28. Whackm’s avatar

So is there any hope for those still on 1.81 FW with Urbanix?

29. xxfearxx’s avatar

is the correct version of uno still available on us psn store?

30. Whackm’s avatar

Just out of curiosity… is there any way I can just upgrade to 2.02 Firmware now?

31. Jamis Carter’s avatar

Is there an exploit for 2.05? My brother updated mine on purpose…..

32. wolfayoub’s avatar

Date de lancement tn-v

33. peter’s avatar

i have been told full hack for ps vita on the way and he has been where king on this for weeks and that is all he told me

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Who told you that?

34. jay’s avatar

will homebrew run faster….

35. Pink_Ciel’s avatar

不知道2 月28日能否发布,因为我要离开家上学了。没有电脑只有一个PSV。

36. mattia’s avatar

Hi, I have download a minis from the store using the psp mode, how can I transfer it on my pc and than copy it in psvita mode?

· 1 · 2 · 3