Sony teases us with “See the future” post. Playstation 4 to be announced in February?

You may also like...

1. Inspirology says:

Will they release new games for the vita? Please do or the vita would be really dead and ps4 will most likely not have ps3 compatibility. Who would buy a ps4 if its like $500? buy a pc instead:D

2. Mr. H3lL says:

You know what.
    They will send a big update software that fix the Players Met not updating problem in February 2013.
    See the future solved.

3. EJ says:

It will be a PS4 or the cloud gaming thing.

4. silkyskeeter says:

I wouldnt count a redesign of Vita out of the equation. If any of you have ever opened your PsVita you would realize how easy it would be to reposition the components inside. As far as it being a SLIM version, I seriously doubt that, as the PsVita is already a compressed brick. Which is why it is pretty hard to break it from dropping it (nothing in the unit can be jarred and moved around (truth be told, the PsVita is ingeniously designed)). And, because of the battery and both touch screens, it cant get ANY SLIMmer than it already is. And bad sales of the units is even more reason for a redesign (a redesign is instituted to make the unit seem more fresh to potential customers in hopes to promote more people to purchase the unit. Which seems to work ALMOST every time (with PsPGO being the exception to the rule)). And because the tech that the Vita uses is now 3 years old, production would actually cost the same price(if things like extended battery are included in the redesign) or less than the current model of Vita (if they dont add anything to unit and just move around the inner components and change the shell). A redesign would also stop alot of ppl from complaining about the memory card cost, as a redesign would more than likely be designed with interior memory (given the bad reception of Sony’s over priced memory cards).

All that said, I believe the announcement is just what ppl expect it is going to be… A prototype showing of the PS4 and some kind of either redesign of the Vita or announcement of new software development (OS change, Gaikai intergration (more than likely to improve Remote Play or to remove the need of Remote Play to begin with), and maybe new optimization of the 3G antenna, as it is extremely limited atm). That’s my prediction.

5. Thrawn says:

Wow, how overbloated can one information be advertised?
    Sony is really good in that. XD
    And btw. the vita is not dead, its already buried alive. XD

6. mangbhoy says:

It’s definitely the PS4.

The “swooshes” coincide with the UI of the new Sony phones like the Xperia Z.

…it’s also hinting that it’ll use a lot of electricity so probably a console … or not, whatever

• Thrawn says:

Yeah it might be, the chances are high, but only time will tell and somehow, anyhow I’m absolutely not exited as I was back then in the PS2/PS3 era.

7. nCadeRegal says:

I believe it will be ps4 related, but hope that a vita slim is announced for me both are must haves. Better connectivity for vita, and an ebay app would be nice. I can have dreams can’t I ?

8. ivo says:

got a new wifi psvita 1.06
    what can i do try with it? thkx

9. Inspirology says:

Sold my PS Vita today for $180:( sad to see it go, It was in mint condition. I just can’t find any games of my genre (racing) I guess I will buy another vita eventually and I would like to give it a few more years to develop. Back to the psp!

10. Faton says:

hehe maybe official fix for PE2 i got 6.60 pops v4 and still doesnt word :(

11. BloodyLai says:

there might be new colors for vita since in japan they will have icy white that looks silver ..

12. Steph says:

what a waste of 45 seconds. oooh look the shapes on the controller are in 3d with lights buzzing around. whoop dee fucking do.

not buying another console. especially with them pushing so hard to lock individual game’s to consoles so they only work once and have to be bought brand new.

would not surprise me in the slightest if it shipps with this technology in it but deactivated, and after a while they activate it.

13. Custom PC builder says:

I hope you know the parts for a PS4 costs 350 dollars to build by yourself.

Since you are the arrogant console trash ignorant that the last good console was the PS2, you will gladly dish out 600 dollars for one.

14. wololo sucks balls says: