PSN and Online Features on without updating on FW 2.02: Fiddler 2.

You may also like...

1. Faton says:

Do you guys know if Uno is already back to Psn store?

2. Joe says:

Fiddler 2 is a Windows only application, so to run this on a Mac or Linux based system you have to use a Virtual Machine such as VMWare on the Mac, or WINE on Linux.

Wine isn’t a virtual machine it’s a reverse engineered collection of Windows libraries and other system files, the difference is that it isn’t a full Windows installation nor an emulator and it uses much less recourses an feels like a reel linux application (or mac application). An d it’s ported to OS X. So next time you may write something like this: Fiddler 2 is a Windows only application, so to run this on a OS X or Linux based system you have to use a WINE (port) on Linux or Mac or use a
    Virtual Machine such as VMWare on the Mac.

• Tonakai says:

Haha, I knew someone would eventually pick up on this.

I understand that Wine is not a VM, but it makes life a lot easier while writing the article just to say that. I had actually considered stating that WINE wasn’t a VM, but in this case I found there wasn’t any need as it does pretty much the same job: You can run a Windows application on another OS.

If I had of included it (using your words) it would have been something like this:

“Fiddler 2 is a Windows only application, so to run this on a Mac or Linux based system you have to use a Virtual Machine such as VMWare on the Mac, or WINE (Wine isn’t a virtual machine it’s a reverse engineered collection of Windows libraries and other system files) on Linux.”

Sound good to you? No? Me neither. I wrote it like that for the sake of simplicity.

• Tonakai says:

Just fully read your comment. I just don’t feel that it’s that big of a deal in all honesty. If you’ve got someone who’s just started using Linux would it really matter to them whether wine is a VM or Port? As long as it gets the job done, then there’s no issues regarding the details of the application used.

• herpy derp says:

Or you could just say ‘you’ll need a VM or compatibility layer to run this on OS X or Linux’.

There are other errors in your article, and your writing style reeks of someone who doesn’t really know what he’s talking about when it comes to computers and tech. Sort of depressing considering you seem to be a pretty major source for PSP related hacking and CFW.

• roswell108 says:

Really? ‘you’ll need a VM or compatibility layer to run this on OS X or Linux’? Should an A+ certification become a requirement to view the page or do you think maybe being that anal is making the wrong post look sad?

3. Astig_808 says:

this one works great for me but the charles didnt.i wonder why?

4. daM33_5.00m33-6 says:

Man I wish I could try this, got the exploit over break now that I left home to college I can’t do this, but it’s all good I guess, still got my homebrew and cso on my vita hopefully a full hack comes out soon that would be badass lol

5. there isn’t any tool that dont’ need to be configured to match the psvita wifi ? (or a save file for fiddler ?)

6. elbarto says:

I’m having the same issue as yoretro. I can get into psn fine but i cannot start any downloads. I am met with this error: “Could not connect to the server or device within the time limit (NW-5603-4)”
    Thanks for the tutorial, it worked perfectly.

• Tonakai says:

Pretty simple work around for this (though it’s a little annoying).

When you have the download button visible go back into the advanced settings and disable the proxy and it will connect and download.

After this, you need to re-enable your proxy (this is why it’s annoying, because you have to re-enter the IP and port every time).

• McLoven says:

as I am waiting for my download to begin I’m reading this and that exact error popped up on my screen, I was like woah. TRUE STORY

7. Lai says:

and so it works :) works great in my vita :) i was able to access psn :) thanks guys

8. Aneudi says:

can we get in trouble by using this?

9. anhtuanle says:

Great guide! Couldn’t get Charles to work but fiddler was perfect.

10. dr3amcast3r says:

THANK YOU!!!!!! (sorry for the caps)

11. Mad-Hunter69 says:

someone help me i used region 1 (USA) but i still can’t access the PSN pls help me in fiddler this is my url… http://fsa01.psp2.update.playstation.net/update/psp2/list/sa/psp2-updatelist.xml

12. manny says:

i question whTs with sony antld there late actions ah i might update my vita when this is patched btw guys im into persona 3 if yall havent tried it please do i pht over 60 hours into itone question can u connect online with a psp gane without having to update??

13. vitacfw says:

hey so i have this running on my vita, but how do you download from psn i keep getting an error can someon help

14. Mitz says:

Great tool! At first I thought we had to edit a file on the system, but I read through it all and was amazed. Thanks again for all your hard work.

15. mb123 says:

Does it make sense to stay on lower firmware, if I missed the Uno exploit ?
    Is there any chance the game will be back on PSN before the proxy method to access it is fixed ?
    Or should I rather update to 2.05 already and wait for the new VHBL only game/exploit ?

16. Zack says:

Can I still use PS+ through the proxy?

17. Zack says:

P/s I can’t download game via PSN. :(

18. LuxAlpha says:

What i do to download a game is: use the proxy server and go on psn, go to your download list and go back to settings. turn your proxy server to Do Not Use and go back to psn and press download and download your game ^_^ idk if people already know this or not but their you go

• McLoven says:

It didn’t work before, but after reading your comment and trying through the “download list” it worked.
      Thanx MAN. Stay AWESOME.

19. Mike_Smith says:

Has this already been blocked in Europe? Was working yesterday and the day before, now it just says there is an update. Tested both Charles and Fiddler. Guess it was fun while it lasted!

20. Matthew says:

Hello!
    Is Sony blocked this or not?

21. kaylo says:

does this still work? I followed the tutorial and I still cannot connect. I seem to have everything set up correctly but I get an “error np 2066-4″ when trying to go in the PS store. the proxy server seems to be working; I get internet connection to the vita, but I can’t get into the ps store. please help me out

22. Skars says:

Just adding that for South America the XML file should be replaced for SA, you can pick the US version for ex. and replace settings where is US to SA

and the links: dSA01.psp2.up… …PUP?dest=SA

Fiddler Rule Editor should be SA too.

I think that you should edit your XML accordingly to what you see in Fiddler, if fiddler shows you US, them your XML should be US.

(I guess its regardless your PSN account or PSV settings, since my vita use an USA account with everything set for US, but I’m in south america, so it is related to your IP).

This should fix PSN Sign error C3-14978-9

23. Skars says:

Is this blocked already? I’ve got access to PSN once with my vita without any account registered on the device.

It allowed me to connect and read my memory card (yay!)

My games are back, but now before playing any game, I have to connect to my PSN account one more time, and is now where Vita is saying that I have to update system software again.

I’ve managed to use fiddlers to bypass official URLs, but somehow it know that I’m not on 2.05 and fails.

=/

Now I have no access to my actual games, to PSN, to nothing other than the update screen smiling like devil.

24. guy9988 says:

i followed the tutorial and i cannot get this to work plz help

25. koko says:

look s like this is blocked now guys, was fun while it lasted

26. anhtuanle says:

Seems like it’s blocked now. It was working the other day and now asks to update firmware. =(

27. jason says:

for some reason fiddler was running good then now all of a sudden it stopped working it wont let me connect now, any help on this?

28. ivan says:

is fiddler blocked now?

29. GothicIII says:

yes it is

30. John R. says:

damn i was just about to put a 50 in my psn just for psn guess now not….

31. GothicIII says:

Guess what… I buyed yesterday ps+ for 365 days xP But whatever… I bought a ps3 cfw now… So that shouldnt be a problem anymore

32. Rasheem says:

Does anyone know of any other proxies we can use to access PSN on 2.02?

33. karamo2482 says:

damn no matter what i do i can’t get back on the ps store i guest Sony blocked it, if there was a opencma that worked with 2.05 wouldn’t mine updating

34. AfgNinja says:

HELP i get error NW-10743-5 whenever i’m trying to connect to psn.

35. Use guns and grenades to guide your models to victory.
    This will enable to hold all free finish places
    on the bottom facet of the fabric so that they will not consider everything absent from the rest
    of the embroidery region. Numerous match internet sites are recognised, every working day, highlighting the games that are reviewed just
    about every thirty day period.

Here is my site :: Addicting Games

36. Quality content is the cruciaal to attract the viewers to pay a visit the web site, that’s what this wweb page iis providing.