Vita 2.05 Mandatory update LIVE & Blocks UNO exploit

Jd8531

I write about news, tech and other interesting things. Follow me on Twitter.

1. compil3r says:

Phew! Downloaded the free mobile games yesterday, so sadly, no more PSN for now 🙁

• Jd8531 says:

At least we got an early warning 🙂

• Someone Else says:

Yeah no more PSN. Weird thing though.

A post in the update topic informed me that the update was live, which sucked since I wanted to get a few things.

Thankfully, I had left the store open and put the Vita on standby. After the update hit, I was able to turn the Vita on and buy things without updating. It’s a good thing too, because otherwise I’d have missed out on Parasite Eve and more. 🙂

Right after the games downloaded, I tried leaving and re-entering the store. Sure enough, it wanted an update.

2. knarlockk says:

God I can’t wait for an actual vita crack.

• lol9x10 says:

you shoudnt bought the vita in the first place, if you can’t buy games.

• Electric Penis says:

He never mentioned pirating games, you jaguar-felating dipshit.

• Tonakai says:

I also can’t wait for a full Vita hack. Mostly due to the fact that we won’t have to worry about Firmware updates and could eventually still have access to PSN. I also want to see emulators being made with the full capabilities of the Vita. Doesn’t mean that I want to pirate games.

Also, thanks for the article and the headsup. Hardly surprising that it blocks UNO.

• xoombie503 says:

and emulating is not pirating games…B-)

• Inali says:

Yes it is. Do you own all those ROMS you downloaded? I didn’t think so.

• E says:

@Inali, the Roms that are being used are for games that are no longer sold or made so it is not really pirating. Piracy: Use or reproduce (another’s work) for profit without permission, usually in contravention of patent or copyright. There is no profit gained here and since these are old games I am sure the companies who made them r just happy that they are still getting this much face time.

• Wasabi says:

This. I’ve been making eboots out of my PS1 games as a simple hobby to emulate on my PSP, and I can’t wait to do the same for the PS2 games that I own and enjoy (unfortunately, collecting dust on my shelf as we speak…) on the Vita. I don’t mind making purchases on the PSN for things that I want or are exclusive to the PS Vita, but why should I spend a couple of more dollars for games that I already own, can rip and play on my system?

• Kenster240 says:

Well, at least we can buy physical games!

3. J3LACK--EAGLE says:

2nd!

Everyone knows sony actually have something under their sleeve… the update probably have more features but sony is pobably waiting for a good time to tell us or something if we would have to go through all dis

4. Vitality says:

Is it possible for eCFW to get update as well, so it will work with this new 2.05 FW update? What’s going to happen to UNO game if I update the FW?

5. solidsnake says:

Not being able to use PSN doesnt bother me because there is never anything good. Its like looking inside your refrigerator every half an hour expecting a sandwich to be in there. But what does bother me is not being able to use Netflix unless you are signed in to PSN!

6. Alpmaster says:

The best trick is take your psvita out of opencma 5 then plug right into PS3 to bypass firmware update. you can still get every PSP and PSX game you want=D In your face SONY!!!!!

• dr3amcast3r says:

just done that to get my 50% off Final Fantasy IX to my vita. double in your face sony!
      Just release a way to run psp ISO/CSO and homebrew’s natively on our vita and (not) likely the “cat and mouse game” of exploits will slow down

7. Since my PS Vita 3G is finally coming in tomorrow, I missed a lot of good exploits. So I guess it’s good and safe for me to say that I’m going to update to the latest firmware (2.05) until further exploits are released.

• Alpmaster says:

it depends do you know what firmware it will be?
      if so you might be able to get the old exploit games by using opencma

• I’m new to the Vita scene. But I do know the exploit was on 2.02. What You’re telling me if the firmware is on 2.02 or lower, then I can use old exploits by using opencma?

• And is it true that UNO game on PSN was taken down already?

• mlc says:

As far as I’m aware, you’ll have to upgrade to the current PSN required firmware to be able to link the Vita to your account. I don’t think it’s possible to use a proxy to bypass that, so you’ll probably be required to update to 2.05 and then get VHBL or whatever when there is another exploit released.

• k3nn says:

@shay, if u got an ofw ps3, u can use it to buy&download gravitycrash/madblocker/etc. use opencma4.5 and transfer it to your vita 1.81 and voila!

8. poec says:

Keep calm and turn off WiFi

9. dr_spikes says:

dam u sony

10. SonyFails says:

I can’t wait until someone hacks the VITA fully since Sony keeps shoving these pointless Firmwares down out throat.

• hgoel0974 says:

at this point, the console won’t be able to take a full hack (lv0 keys) because that would probably result in outright piracy 😉 Maybe native user mode hacks with most modules would be better 😉

Also, given the security of the device, it is quite unlikely that we will see a “PSVita lv0 keys leaked” post any time soon.

11. edward sedward says:

I cant Wait Till a new 2.05 exploit is released i have managed to miss all the others.

12. Brandonheat8 says:

The Proxy Method with Charles works at the moment if people want to download stuff.

13. Noel says:

can you still use ps vita ftp client?

14. Blinx14 says:

Hey guys can u update your vita with a 1 Memory Card and then keep the other as the old version.

Ex: Memory Card 1 = 2.05
    Memory Card 2 = 2.02
    Same Account

15. Lawliet156 says:

I will continue to update until a working PSN bypasser is made.

16. StanSmith says:

Im guessing the virtual PSP has been updated thats probably why this update was so big and needed a reboot.
    I think the virtual emulators are updated. Im able to assign buttons in the PSX emulator. I didnt see much changed in the PSP emulator.

17. blackforest says:

can we still download games from ps3 and transfer them to vita??

18. vextype-0 says:

i have to many rare games to give up sony has make *** worth it to update so heck NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SONY

19. mb123 says:

I wonder if the new VHBL Exploit found by tomtomdu80 is still working after the update ?

20. Enkeixpress says:

lol.. now we wait for hackers to attack back with a new exploit & so on and so forth until eventually Sony gives up.. cause hackers won’tl, they never give up. Just like in the past with previous security-related firmwares, This is just a minor setback for the Vita hacking scene.. expect a new exploit soon, mark my words 🙂

wololo <3

21. Luis E Alvarado says:

And so, troll.
    I have my PSPGo (running ProCFW), PSP 2000 (also ProCFW) and my PS Vita (on 2.02 w/Proxy), still here, playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on my PS Vita.
    Can you do that?
    With the power that the PS Vita provides, why in the heck would I not play my games on it, specially the ones I want to play and not the slim selection that Sony has yet to expand.

22. Gman says:

Playing some games on the PSP is a pain because of absence of the second analog. That it is. Charge the battery Electric *** 😉

23. Gman says:

…Is exactly what? 🙂

• renato says:

He is speaking in spanish a way to transfer games from ps3 to psvita witout updating your psvita to 2.05. I speak portuguese but i will try to translate from spanish to english. He says that plug your psvita to your pc through cable. (Be sure that you have opencma installed on your pc). When the program says to transfer the files (games) you unplug the vita from pc and DO NOT close the Content Manger on your vita (even if you receive a message that from are disconnected). Then plug the psvita in your ps3 and transfer the files (games) you have already bought. I think that’s it. See ya

24. mikenology says:

One solution to avoid this update and can still download ps vita games free or purchased without the need to update your vita (I’ve tried several games and none hha given me trouble and I downloaded free playstation plus) this already had been made previously and had commented zheive and is still running. the only condition is to have a ps3

1. – Make sure OpenCMA is running on your PC and connects via cable Vita. (Remember to be released or patched CMA)
    2. – Opens Vita Content Manager in and when you leave the screen that asks you to transfer files off the Vita from the PC but do not close the Content Manager at Vita, receive an error “The PC has been disconnected”, it is normal , press OK.
    Connect the data cable to the PS3 Vita, choose “Connect to a PS3 system” and should leave the transfer screen again.
    3. – If you get to this point, you can transfer your purchased games on the ps3 and the ps3 no longer asks you to update the ps vita.

25. Alex says:

When will you have another ARK CEF (Customer Emulator Firmware) because I just miss the Uno download, so I had to update to 2.05. Thanks & all I got to say is that you guys are brilliant! I’m a big fan of custom firmware like i own a psp with custom firmware. I knew it was gonna get hack & sooner or later theirs gonna be a point where the psvita it’s gonna be fully hacked with more things added!!

26. skywardswordhylian says:

man i wish there was a hack for the psvita ofw so we could get some awesome custom themes on this thing..

27. Voltrom says:

Well f&*k me,, im sitting over here leeching someones wifi just to find out that its a mandatory update… ugh stuck on mac osx so no content transfer for me.

28. jake says:

is there any possible way to add uno without downloading it from psn? like downloading a pirated version off the torrent networks or buying a physical copy then switching it over? thank you for any help you provide.

29. walala says:

wow! great update, playstore and android support, yeah and a flash player, I cant believes a lot it but its true! thank SONY “,

30. Unmolested Ex-Catholic says:

Even though the DEVs on here are withholding new exploits, we are going to probably wait two or 3 months for them to release it. There will be nothing but videos after videos showing us the exploit working and stuff. Just saying dont expect anything release this month or next. Lol

• wololo says:

Statistics prove you wrong, on average in 2012 hackers have released 1 exploit every month and a half for the psp emu in the vita (which, do I need to remind it, is about 4 times as much as what people consider as the “golden age” of the PSP)

• Yuu says:

You tell’em wololoSAN :).

Anyone who missed out just needs to be patient and remember once it is announced that it is possible it will be a VHBL exploit (as said many times before) which means no CSO/ISO support.

Please trackback on previous articles or head over to the /talk forum for more info as everything you need to prepare for the next exploit is on the site.

“patience is the key virtue to exploits” 😀

31. Xephrey says:

Thank you so much, Wololo, for keep me informed. Thanks to the article yesterday about 2.05, I was able to buy a 12 month PS+ subscription and go into airplane mode promptly thereafter just in time. I love these great PS+ games, but I also love Cave Story on my Vita. I’ll update eventually when Killzone or something else I cant live without comes out. Until then though… I’ve got Gravity Rush, P4G, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 20something, Mutant Blobs Attack and all my homebrew & emulated friends! I love being able to choose what features I wanna keep and not being surprised. Thank you so much!

32. Tony86 says:

Does that mean Sony will put UNO back up on the store for us to download??

So if we use the “connect Vita to computer using openCMA disconnect and then plug in to PS3” trick, i should be able to transfer UNO from PS3 to my Vita and get the CEF to work on my 2.02 vita??

33. vahab says:

i have question:
    if i Backup from firmware 2.02 and then i update to 2.05 and i download and buy new game for future
    i can restore backup 2.02

• dem0n_uk says:

No ofw downgrader and there wont be one for a long time.
      Not much you can do in a usermode exploit, and that’s all we have at this time.

34. dem0n_uk says:

The next public exploit will most likely only be a homebrew launcher. It does have good results but no tn ecfw or ark. It also looks like there is a update to the vita emulators in 2.05 I won’t be updating my 2nd ps vita in the near future.

35. Incognito says:

I think a better exploit would be to make PSN think your psp is a Vita with current firmware, so you can still go online and download vita games with your psp.

• xoombie503 says:

i bought unit 13 for psvita and i went on my pspgo download list and unit 13 showed with a download button…unit 13 was downloading to my psp go but at 100% it failed

• Incognito says:

interesting,did the file disappear after the download got to 100%? maybe you need an identical folder structure to the vita so it saves properly, IIRC the guy who has the development version of the vita listed the folder structure for the vita, so maybe just create those folders if you can on your PSP go and it will save to those directories rather than a temporary directory

36. F says:

Guess it’s time to break out my spanking new white Vita.

37. renato says:

Guys i have a question. I’m still 1.81 with gravity crash. Everytime i plug my vita on my pc and open the openCMA, the pc says that a new version of CMA is available. If i click yes, i am f*cked up since it downloads the original cma. What can i do in order that message doesn’t show anylonger? Thanks in advance…

38. Anonymous says:

>garanteed replys
    Here you want a reply? Have one right here.