Vita 2.05 Mandatory update LIVE & Blocks UNO exploit

As of now in most regions the new official Vita firmware update 2.5 is live and is mandatory.
After reporting on the firmware update yesterday and then them pulling down the information from the update page they’ve decided to blind side us with the 2.05 vita update today. But after the UNO exploit release we knew it was bound to happen at some point or another. The update was quite lengthy to download and to install so as to what Sony decided to do with the update other than blocking the UNO exploit is unknown until further investigation. Oddly, the update also required for a system reboot which hasn’t been the case before. Undoubtedly it did patch the usermode and kernel exploit for UNO. The update is already live in the US and should make its rounds to everyone else at anytime.

The change-log included doesn’t offer any other details other than the standard “System software stability during use of some features has been improved.” However it patches the UNO exploit for 2.02 and below using the typical black list method making the exploit unable to load and shown as corrupt. If you’d like to keep your UNO exploit or any previous exploit released do NOT update to 2.05 or you’ll no longer have access. (Remember that all tricks and proxies have been blocked so you’ll be stuck without direct PSN access on your Vita.)

If you have decided to stay on a lower firmware you’ll need to make sure you have Open CMA installed so you are not blocked from copying content. By some chance if you missed the last few exploits, go ahead and update and wait the next release. Also keep in mind when deciding to update from a previous exploit that there may be a chance that the next exploit release is not a kernel exploit but rather usermode (VHBL). The main difference is that kernel exploits allow for full access to the pspemu giving us eCFW (TN-C & ARK) which lets you run PSP/PSX backups, homebrew, plugins ect. compared to VHBL which is limited and only allows homebrew.

Stay tuned for updates.

1. CC-Dragon’s avatar

Damn.

2. compil3r’s avatar

Phew! Downloaded the free mobile games yesterday, so sadly, no more PSN for now :(

1. Jd8531’s avatar

At least we got an early warning :)

2. Someone Else’s avatar

Yeah no more PSN. Weird thing though.

A post in the update topic informed me that the update was live, which sucked since I wanted to get a few things.

Thankfully, I had left the store open and put the Vita on standby. After the update hit, I was able to turn the Vita on and buy things without updating. It’s a good thing too, because otherwise I’d have missed out on Parasite Eve and more. :)

Right after the games downloaded, I tried leaving and re-entering the store. Sure enough, it wanted an update.

3. knarlockk’s avatar

God I can’t wait for an actual vita crack.

1. lol9x10’s avatar

you shoudnt bought the vita in the first place, if you can’t buy games.

1. Electric Penis’s avatar

He never mentioned pirating games, you jaguar-felating dipshit.

2. Tonakai’s avatar

I also can’t wait for a full Vita hack. Mostly due to the fact that we won’t have to worry about Firmware updates and could eventually still have access to PSN. I also want to see emulators being made with the full capabilities of the Vita. Doesn’t mean that I want to pirate games.

Also, thanks for the article and the headsup. Hardly surprising that it blocks UNO.

1. xoombie503’s avatar

and emulating is not pirating games…B-)

1. Inali’s avatar

Yes it is. Do you own all those ROMS you downloaded? I didn’t think so.

2. E’s avatar

@Inali, the Roms that are being used are for games that are no longer sold or made so it is not really pirating. Piracy: Use or reproduce (another’s work) for profit without permission, usually in contravention of patent or copyright. There is no profit gained here and since these are old games I am sure the companies who made them r just happy that they are still getting this much face time.

2. Wasabi’s avatar

This. I’ve been making eboots out of my PS1 games as a simple hobby to emulate on my PSP, and I can’t wait to do the same for the PS2 games that I own and enjoy (unfortunately, collecting dust on my shelf as we speak…) on the Vita. I don’t mind making purchases on the PSN for things that I want or are exclusive to the PS Vita, but why should I spend a couple of more dollars for games that I already own, can rip and play on my system?

3. Kenster240’s avatar

Well, at least we can buy physical games!

4. J3LACK--EAGLE’s avatar

2nd!

Everyone knows sony actually have something under their sleeve… the update probably have more features but sony is pobably waiting for a good time to tell us or something if we would have to go through all dis

5. Vitality’s avatar

Is it possible for eCFW to get update as well, so it will work with this new 2.05 FW update? What’s going to happen to UNO game if I update the FW?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

If you update you wont be able to do anything but use it normally. The update fixes the entire exploit.

6. solidsnake’s avatar

Not being able to use PSN doesnt bother me because there is never anything good. Its like looking inside your refrigerator every half an hour expecting a sandwich to be in there. But what does bother me is not being able to use Netflix unless you are signed in to PSN!

1. wololo’s avatar

I love the refrigerator metaphor, nice one :)

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

I love the refrigerator lol-.

2. clicks’s avatar

I know the 3DS’s eShop gets good stuff every now and then (though it’s all about a buck more expensive than I’m comfortable with)… And like-wise my 3DS is the only thing I keep updated! The Acekard’s dead support also doesn’t hurt…

JUST LET ME IN YOUR SHOP GUYS, IF I SEE SOMETHING COOL I MIGHT UPDATE!

1. Yukon’s avatar

GTA: San Andreas for PS Vita ;)

3. Joel’s avatar

lol same here

4. Wasabi’s avatar

Yeah, it really does suck to not be able to use Netflix on your PS Vita without signing in to PSN. At least I have a Wii and a crappy outdated iPod Touch for that. :P

7. Alpmaster’s avatar

The best trick is take your psvita out of opencma 5 then plug right into PS3 to bypass firmware update. you can still get every PSP and PSX game you want=D In your face SONY!!!!!

1. dr3amcast3r’s avatar

just done that to get my 50% off Final Fantasy IX to my vita. double in your face sony!
      Just release a way to run psp ISO/CSO and homebrew’s natively on our vita and (not) likely the “cat and mouse game” of exploits will slow down

8. Shay Legacy’s avatar

Since my PS Vita 3G is finally coming in tomorrow, I missed a lot of good exploits. So I guess it’s good and safe for me to say that I’m going to update to the latest firmware (2.05) until further exploits are released.

1. Alpmaster’s avatar

it depends do you know what firmware it will be?
      if so you might be able to get the old exploit games by using opencma

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

I’m new to the Vita scene. But I do know the exploit was on 2.02. What You’re telling me if the firmware is on 2.02 or lower, then I can use old exploits by using opencma?

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

And is it true that UNO game on PSN was taken down already?

1. mlc’s avatar

As far as I’m aware, you’ll have to upgrade to the current PSN required firmware to be able to link the Vita to your account. I don’t think it’s possible to use a proxy to bypass that, so you’ll probably be required to update to 2.05 and then get VHBL or whatever when there is another exploit released.

2. k3nn’s avatar

@shay, if u got an ofw ps3, u can use it to buy&download gravitycrash/madblocker/etc. use opencma4.5 and transfer it to your vita 1.81 and voila!

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

That sounds great! Thank you. I will get back to you as soon as I get this Vita 3G by tomorrow or friday…with a 32gb memory card, lol !

2. Noterantoeo’s avatar

Could I do that with the UNO exploit and vita OFW 2.02?

1. k3nn’s avatar

i think so…but you have to wait until UNO comes back to PSN. That’s how it happened to Gravity crash and after it went back online again, i downloaded it on my PS3 and used CMA4.5 and my vita 1.81 is now running ARK

1. Shay Legacy’s avatar

I got my PSVita 3G on 1.81. What do I do now to download Uno ?

2. xoombie503’s avatar

if the uno game makes it back to the store and you dont update past 2.02 then yes

9. poec’s avatar

Keep calm and turn off WiFi

1. mm0mmo’s avatar

that’s right
      XD

2. Theredbaron’s avatar

Ha, too true.

10. dr_spikes’s avatar

dam u sony

11. SonyFails’s avatar

I can’t wait until someone hacks the VITA fully since Sony keeps shoving these pointless Firmwares down out throat.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

at this point, the console won’t be able to take a full hack (lv0 keys) because that would probably result in outright piracy ;) Maybe native user mode hacks with most modules would be better ;)

Also, given the security of the device, it is quite unlikely that we will see a “PSVita lv0 keys leaked” post any time soon.

12. edward sedward’s avatar

I cant Wait Till a new 2.05 exploit is released i have managed to miss all the others.

13. Brandonheat8’s avatar

The Proxy Method with Charles works at the moment if people want to download stuff.

1. Gman’s avatar

Is this method really still working?

1. Luis E Alvarado’s avatar

Yes, still working for me.

2. Gman’s avatar

Thanks, working.

3. Psyren’s avatar

Can someone test it again?
        It worked for me 20 minutes ago but i cant get it to work now.

1. Casavult’s avatar

Still working.

2. Theredbaron’s avatar

Using it to DL Beats Slider right now. Awesome, I guess I don’t have to loose access to netflix after all. And I may even get to buy EDF next week.

2. Luis E Alvarado’s avatar

Seems my initial reply did not show up.
      To get this working for 2.05, the only modification to the guide is in step 10, for var, instead of 0106000, use 02050000.
      That got me up and running. This was too easy Sony…

1. Justin’s avatar

I get to the last step after changing the var and the version 02050000 and I still get the same need to update screen, I followed all steps correctly, am I missing something after I execute the file?

1. Justin’s avatar

NVM! got it! works, just follow the directions very carefully!

1. Xbudz’s avatar

Played EDF2017 online, it works!
            ISOhunt this: “Charles Web Debugging Proxy v3.6.5.6 [h33t.com]“

2. Razzy’s avatar

WHat was your error? I’m trying to get it to run, but so far no luck. Maybe it’s because each attempt the session ID of the psp2 masterlist file call is different?

And by reset does the tutorial mean simply pushing the power button for 3 seconds, powering off and then powering back on, or the 30 second one and “restart PS Vita” from the recovery menu?

cya
            Raziel-chan

3. makak1984’s avatar

@Justrin did you have 2.02 for now? so what you edited xml file?

4. Milan’s avatar

Hey, can you tell me how you edited XML file, i cant make it to work adding var and changing value to 02050000

5. dr3amcast3r’s avatar

Mate can you please share your error with us, because I’m not able to complete it correctly also.

6. Milan’s avatar

and one more question, is this won’t lead to psn ban maybe?

3. hgoel0974’s avatar

so charles proxy still allows you to access PSN? Cool! NOw my PS+ subscription won’t go to waste!

14. Noel’s avatar

can you still use ps vita ftp client?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Yes you can

15. Blinx14’s avatar

Hey guys can u update your vita with a 1 Memory Card and then keep the other as the old version.

Ex: Memory Card 1 = 2.05
    Memory Card 2 = 2.02
    Same Account

1. HIMFan’s avatar

Why couldn’t I get that to work?

1. Gman’s avatar

I doubt this will work.

2. Jd8531’s avatar

No. The Vita has the firmware, not the memory cards.

3. HIMFan’s avatar

You almost had us you wascally troll.

16. Lawliet156’s avatar

I will continue to update until a working PSN bypasser is made.

1. Manu’s avatar

A few guys in this comment thread pointed out that charles proxy is still working.

I’ve tested … it is.

1. Xbudz’s avatar

Played EDF2017 online, it works!
        ISOhunt this: “Charles Web Debugging Proxy v3.6.5.6 [h33t.com]“

17. StanSmith’s avatar

Im guessing the virtual PSP has been updated thats probably why this update was so big and needed a reboot.
    I think the virtual emulators are updated. Im able to assign buttons in the PSX emulator. I didnt see much changed in the PSP emulator.

18. blackforest’s avatar

can we still download games from ps3 and transfer them to vita??

19. vextype-0’s avatar

i have to many rare games to give up sony has make fucking worth it to update so HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SONY

20. mb123’s avatar

I wonder if the new VHBL Exploit found by tomtomdu80 is still working after the update ?

1. tomtomdu80’s avatar

Yes it’s still working ;)

1. Xbudz’s avatar

Played EDF2017 online, it works!
        ISOhunt this: “Charles Web Debugging Proxy v3.6.5.6 [h33t.com]“

21. Electric Penis’s avatar

I am in pure disbelief that all of you get such massive hardons for these PSP emulator exploits. It’s sad that your penises throb for said exploits SO MUCH, you’d actually ditch the PSN entirely just to do what you can do on an actual PSP system FAR better.

And no, don’t give me any of that shit about you not having one or being unable to get one. They’re dirt cheap and very easy to come by.

My penis cries electric tears for all of you.

1. Luis E Alvarado’s avatar

And so, troll.
      I have my PSPGo (running ProCFW), PSP 2000 (also ProCFW) and my PS Vita (on 2.02 w/Proxy), still here, playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on my PS Vita.
      Can you do that?
      With the power that the PS Vita provides, why in the hell would I not play my games on it, specially the ones I want to play and not the slim selection that Sony has yet to expand.

1. Electric Penis’s avatar

Feed me more, Luis. I’m hungry.

1. Luis E Alvarado’s avatar

I know you like it, that’s why I replied lol.

2. Gman’s avatar

Playing some games on the PSP is a pain because of absence of the second analog. That it is. Charge the battery Electric Penis ;-)

1. Electric Penis’s avatar

MORE! FEED ME MORE! SWEET SUSTENANCE!

3. Anonymous’s avatar

>garanteed replys
      Here you want a reply? Have one right here.

1. Electric Penis’s avatar

Mmmm, tasty. Feed me more, please.

22. Enkeixpress’s avatar

lol.. now we wait for hackers to attack back with a new exploit & so on and so forth until eventually Sony gives up.. cause hackers won’tl, they never give up. Just like in the past with previous security-related firmwares, This is just a minor setback for the Vita hacking scene.. expect a new exploit soon, mark my words :)

wololo <3

23. mikenology’s avatar

[IMG]http://www.gamingvlog.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/psplus.png[/IMG]

[B][U]Una solución para evadir esta actualización y poder seguir descargando juegos de ps vita[/U][/B] gratis o comprados sin la necesidad de actualizar su vita (ya lo he probado con varios juegos y ninguno me hha dado problemas ni los que he descargado gratis de playstation plus) esto ya se habia logrado anteriormente y lo habia comentado zheive y aun sigue funcionando. la única condición es tener un ps3

1.- Asegúrate de que OpenCMA está funcionando en tu PC y conecta la Vita a través del cable.(recordar que tiene que estar liberado o parchado el cma)
    2.- Abre Content Manager en la Vita y cuando salga la pantalla que te pregunta si quieres transferir archivos desconecta la Vita desde el PC pero NO cierres el Content Manager en la Vita, recibirás un error “El PC ha sido desconectado”, es normal, presiona OK.
    Conecta el cable de datos de la Vita a la PS3, elige “Conectar a un Sistema PS3″ y debería salir la pantalla de transferencia de nuevo.
    3.- Si llegas a este punto, ya puedes transferir tus juegos comprados en la ps3 y la ps3 ya no te pedira que actualices la ps vita.

1. Gman’s avatar

…Is exactly what? :)

1. renato’s avatar

He is speaking in spanish a way to transfer games from ps3 to psvita witout updating your psvita to 2.05. I speak portuguese but i will try to translate from spanish to english. He says that plug your psvita to your pc through cable. (Be sure that you have opencma installed on your pc). When the program says to transfer the files (games) you unplug the vita from pc and DO NOT close the Content Manger on your vita (even if you receive a message that from are disconnected). Then plug the psvita in your ps3 and transfer the files (games) you have already bought. I think that’s it. See ya

1. Anonymous’s avatar

Check the bottom post, it’s in English.

24. mikenology’s avatar

One solution to avoid this update and can still download ps vita games free or purchased without the need to update your vita (I’ve tried several games and none hha given me trouble and I downloaded free playstation plus) this already had been made previously and had commented zheive and is still running. the only condition is to have a ps3

1. – Make sure OpenCMA is running on your PC and connects via cable Vita. (Remember to be released or patched CMA)
    2. – Opens Vita Content Manager in and when you leave the screen that asks you to transfer files off the Vita from the PC but do not close the Content Manager at Vita, receive an error “The PC has been disconnected”, it is normal , press OK.
    Connect the data cable to the PS3 Vita, choose “Connect to a PS3 system” and should leave the transfer screen again.
    3. – If you get to this point, you can transfer your purchased games on the ps3 and the ps3 no longer asks you to update the ps vita.

1. Sneax673’s avatar

Going to try this soon

2. Alpmaster’s avatar

Exactly also we can still Remote Play =D

25. Alex’s avatar

When will you have another ARK CEF (Customer Emulator Firmware) because I just miss the Uno download, so I had to update to 2.05. Thanks & all I got to say is that you guys are brilliant! I’m a big fan of custom firmware like i own a psp with custom firmware. I knew it was gonna get hack & sooner or later theirs gonna be a point where the psvita it’s gonna be fully hacked with more things added!!

26. skywardswordhylian’s avatar

man i wish there was a hack for the psvita ofw so we could get some awesome custom themes on this thing..

27. Voltrom’s avatar

Well f&*k me,, im sitting over here leeching someones wifi just to find out that its a mandatory update… ugh stuck on mac osx so no content transfer for me.

28. jake’s avatar

is there any possible way to add uno without downloading it from psn? like downloading a pirated version off the torrent networks or buying a physical copy then switching it over? thank you for any help you provide.

29. walala’s avatar

wow! great update, playstore and android support, yeah and a flash player, I cant believes a lot it but its true! thank SONY “,

30. Unmolested Ex-Catholic’s avatar

Even though the DEVs on here are withholding new exploits, we are going to probably wait two or 3 months for them to release it. There will be nothing but videos after videos showing us the exploit working and stuff. Just saying dont expect anything release this month or next. Lol

1. wololo’s avatar

Statistics prove you wrong, on average in 2012 hackers have released 1 exploit every month and a half for the psp emu in the vita (which, do I need to remind it, is about 4 times as much as what people consider as the “golden age” of the PSP)

1. Yuu’s avatar

You tell’em wololoSAN :).

Anyone who missed out just needs to be patient and remember once it is announced that it is possible it will be a VHBL exploit (as said many times before) which means no CSO/ISO support.

Please trackback on previous articles or head over to the /talk forum for more info as everything you need to prepare for the next exploit is on the site.

“patience is the key virtue to exploits” :D

31. Xephrey’s avatar

Thank you so much, Wololo, for keep me informed. Thanks to the article yesterday about 2.05, I was able to buy a 12 month PS+ subscription and go into airplane mode promptly thereafter just in time. I love these great PS+ games, but I also love Cave Story on my Vita. I’ll update eventually when Killzone or something else I cant live without comes out. Until then though… I’ve got Gravity Rush, P4G, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 20something, Mutant Blobs Attack and all my homebrew & emulated friends! I love being able to choose what features I wanna keep and not being surprised. Thank you so much!

32. Tony86’s avatar

Does that mean Sony will put UNO back up on the store for us to download??

So if we use the “connect Vita to computer using openCMA disconnect and then plug in to PS3″ trick, i should be able to transfer UNO from PS3 to my Vita and get the CEF to work on my 2.02 vita??

1. renato’s avatar

Probably sony has already patched UNO. So, no bugs anymore

1. Alpmaster’s avatar

Not true most of the time the firmware patches the exploit not the game.

33. vahab’s avatar

i have question:
    if i Backup from firmware 2.02 and then i update to 2.05 and i download and buy new game for future
    i can restore backup 2.02

1. dem0n_uk’s avatar

No ofw downgrader and there wont be one for a long time.
      Not much you can do in a usermode exploit, and that’s all we have at this time.

34. dem0n_uk’s avatar

The next public exploit will most likely only be a homebrew launcher. It does have good results but no tn ecfw or ark. It also looks like there is a update to the vita emulators in 2.05 I won’t be updating my 2nd ps vita in the near future.

35. Incognito’s avatar

I think a better exploit would be to make PSN think your psp is a Vita with current firmware, so you can still go online and download vita games with your psp.

1. xoombie503’s avatar

i bought unit 13 for psvita and i went on my pspgo download list and unit 13 showed with a download button…unit 13 was downloading to my psp go but at 100% it failed

1. Incognito’s avatar

interesting,did the file disappear after the download got to 100%? maybe you need an identical folder structure to the vita so it saves properly, IIRC the guy who has the development version of the vita listed the folder structure for the vita, so maybe just create those folders if you can on your PSP go and it will save to those directories rather than a temporary directory

36. F’s avatar

Guess it’s time to break out my spanking new white Vita.

1. xoombie503’s avatar

so your vita spanks you? 0_º

37. renato’s avatar

Guys i have a question. I’m still 1.81 with gravity crash. Everytime i plug my vita on my pc and open the openCMA, the pc says that a new version of CMA is available. If i click yes, i am f*cked up since it downloads the original cma. What can i do in order that message doesn’t show anylonger? Thanks in advance…

1. xoombie503’s avatar

reinstall open cma

38. quincy’s avatar

uno is back on psn? can someone confirm so i can test if they actually patched it.

39. FoxSevent’s avatar

And it doesn’t even now sya 2.05 on “Sony” site. :)

40. quincy’s avatar

i mean patched it on 2.02 firmware, not 2.05 obviously its stated on the OP. corrected it i know some MISTAKE SHARKS linger in this forum

1. Moi’s avatar

For the zillionth time, GAMES ARE NOT PATCHED; FIRMWARE IS.

TLDR: If you still have 2.02, Uno will ALWAYS WORK.

1. xoombie503’s avatar

people will never learn

1. Yuu’s avatar

“people will never learn”

Which is why we must do our best to educate them. Even if it takes me (or you) 100 times until it is understood, it must be done. :)

We have many trolls but also many who want to learn but come from different cultures, together we can teach other while sifting out the annoying trolls.

I look forward to hearing what else was pushed in this firmware update, as mentioned above that the emus were updated but what else…hmmmm…

1. Meshin’s avatar

With that in mind, the reply two above yours just confused me. I just got my Vita in December, and just started looking into the exploits and trying to understand them the day before UNO (registered for the forums and everything)

So if I understand correctly the UNO exploit will still work as long as you are on the 2.02 FW, how ever the trouble falls with the fact that you cannot get the game from the market so you are unable to do that.

How ever reading through this thread on this main page I’ve seen a few references that you can still get it on your Vita somehow. Can someone explain this, or is there a thread on the forums that someone can point me to that I read about it?

Sorry for the wall of text.

-Meshin

41. KULANGOT’s avatar

Main features in system software update version 2.05

System software stability during use of some features has been improved.

Fuck!!!!! dont still have PSM on my PS VITA!!

42. walala’s avatar

nice SONY!
    KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB (y)

1. xoombie503’s avatar

shut up wololos wife

2. pal idiotadewalala’s avatar

Hija de put-a

43. razor’s avatar

This is f**king annoying that all Vita got nowadays is forced firmware updates. No new features, no good games, no new apps, nothing! F**K U SONY! X(

44. QUICKSORT’s avatar

I like this exploits but Since they seems to get updated it’s really frustrating. It’s either loose your network capabilities or get to run a CFW.

I personally am looking for exploits vita’s main apps, like video player, audio player, CMA, browser, etc.

Only found one minor exploit for the homebrew through the browser, but that’s really easy patched. It’s really ahrd to corner Sony this time.

45. EJ’s avatar

I left netflix signed on, I can still use it without updating, so I’m all set there at least.

1. HIMFan’s avatar

Yeah, I noticed that, it you had Netflix open and then pressed the Home button to go like browse the web or something on the Vita and an update comes out, as long as you leave Netflix open you’ll be okay.

1. HIMFan’s avatar

Adding onto that, if you start Charles Proxy, and then load Netflix and kill Charles Proxy, you can stay permaconnected to Netflix the same way. But you can’t let the Vita die.

46. Rstxk’s avatar

use charles PROXY

47. nukester’s avatar

to be honest i rather wait for a vita exploit psp games don’t bother me and i can wait for homebrew through vita mode

1. pal idiotadenukester’s avatar

Que te jodan subnormal que sepas que esto es un gran paso

48. jake’s avatar

What about fixing a version of UNO (for the PSP of course) that can be obtained online but not at PSN? I’ve seen it out there and available for download. If it were downloaded, and it can be shown to run on a PSP, can anything be done with it from there to get it onto a PS Vita intact, (ie not corrupted) so that the exploit can then be utilized?

Thanx,

Jake

1. Yes’s avatar

That wont work since there wont be any way to get the game over to the Vita without going through PSN.

49. Voltrom’s avatar

I already know there’s exploits that execute under 2.05. When the time is right, they will be released to the public. Until then, I gotta use Netflix on my iPhone 5.

1 · 2 ·