Vita firmware update 2.05 inbound today

psvita-2-05Update: since we initially published this article, Sony have pulled the information regarding firmware 2.05 on their update page. We will keep you updated as we get more details.

According to the official PlayStation Vita update page, system update 2.05 is coming which will most likely block the UNO exploit.
The Vita update page shows that the latest 2.05 update should be released later today. The update will most likely be a mandatory update blocking access to PSN for those who decide to stay on a lower firmware. (Remember that all tricks and proxies have been blocked so you’ll be stuck without PSN access.) The change-log included doesn’t offer any other details other than the standard “System software stability during use of some features has been improved.” However it will most likely patch the UNO exploit for 2.02 and below. If you’d like to keep your UNO exploit or any previous exploit released do NOT update when the latest firmware comes out or you’ll no longer have access.

If you have decided to stay on a lower firmware you’ll need to make sure you have Open CMA installed so you are not blocked from copying content. You may also want to grab any PSN content you want from the store now before the update arrives. By some chance if you missed the last few exploits, go ahead and update and wait the next release. Also keep in mind when deciding to update from a previous exploit that there may be a chance that the next exploit release is not a kernel exploit but rather usermode (VHBL). The main difference is that kernel exploits allow for full access to the pspemu giving us eCFW (TN_C & ARK) which lets you run PSP/PSX backups, homebrew, plugins ect. compared to VHBL which is limited and only allows homebrew.

1. Andalia’s avatar

Let’s keep the hunt for the rabbit going.

2. Lai’s avatar

:’( no more PSN for me /sobs

3. hgoel0974’s avatar

Does this patch the kexploit though? Is the update out?

1. rafael707’s avatar

not in the u.s yet..

4. rafael707’s avatar

jd, the update also includes better html5 and javascript support, browser multi tasking, etc… according to psvitahub.com

1. Jd8531’s avatar

They messed up and added old details, I just checked :)

1. rafael707’s avatar

i see.. dang, another useless update

2. hgoel0974’s avatar

Sometimes it sounds like Sony has just one single guy for each region maintaining the websites.

5. musashiro’s avatar

Oh crap!!!

i still have trophies to accomplish on AC3:L

f*cking multiplayer.. cant get max level!!!

6. wartaf’s avatar

no additional features on this update?

1. Yes’s avatar

Not that we know of. Sometimes the firmware updates have small features/improvements that arent mentioned. I dont really expect it to happen with firmware 2.05, but i guess that it is not impossible.

7. mat’s avatar

So close to finishing ragnarok odyssey, Damn you sony.

8. Yes’s avatar

I’m updating :) The previous “useless updates” (as someone call it) have not been useless to me. I’ve had some freezes earlier and this seems to have improved over time for me as firmwares have been updated.

9. RiotDX’s avatar

Finally! I missed UNO when it was still up on PSN and I’ve been kicking myself ever since. Hopefully this means another kernel exploit will come soon with a different game.

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

if they patch the kernel xploit that uno is useing you wont get a ecfw for a while

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

if they patch the kernel exploit the next exploited game will be vhbl amd no ecvf for a while!

10. KingBlade300’s avatar

this is good, nice update, psn access is better than any ecfw :D

1. sasuke1981’s avatar

lol like you need psn access for some use…ecfw is way better..psp iso+ ps1 games…who cares about psn..

11. RzmmDX’s avatar

NO… I WANT MY FREE PSM GAMES.

12. Mr. MaGoo’s avatar

This could be positive like some of the other released ofw where they place uno back on the psn. If u have 2 vitas and missed tbe exploit, u could update one of them, download it on one card and swap it to the 2.02 vita and back it up via open cma. U have eCFW now :-)

1. wololo’s avatar

That’s actualy a quite clever trick

1. makak1984’s avatar

Only if the they release same Uno like was before on PSN.

2. traveller’s avatar

Don’t think it works. A least it did not when I tried to transfer UNO to a 1.81 PSV (I moved the backed up file data from OpenCMA 5 to 4.5 on a different PC). It copies the file and acts like it might work, but then at the end you get an error code on the PSV.

13. datright’s avatar

And that’s why I have 2 vita’s.

1. kuagelo’s avatar

Isn’t it more cost effective to own a PSP and a Vita if you’re gonna get 2 devices anyway?

2. kuagelo’s avatar

Isn’t it more practical to just get a PSP and a Vita if you’re aiming for 2 devices anyway?

1. Lai’s avatar

:D i got both and its more practical getting psp and vita.. >.< but anyways ^_^ that's their choice..

3. shenmue’s avatar

You must be son of a rich b*3563ch to have two vitas LOL

14. kuagelo’s avatar

(sorry for double posting! I thought the 1st one didn’t go through. >_<)

1. Xian183’s avatar

So instead you triple posted..

15. AyeGuy’s avatar

How do i get a coustom picture?

1. kuagelo’s avatar

register the email address you’re using at gravatar.com.

16. Qraze’s avatar

wait, all these features were 2.00 features and so, none are new.

i can’t seem to find where anyone would assume a new update is coming based on one page that only says 2.02

please, post the link to the real fw details or quit posting this useless nonsense.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It seems Sony has reverted the page back to 2.02 instead of 2.05 now.

1. alpmaster’s avatar

LOL maybe it had bugs in it. =]
        gives me enough time to put metal gear in a bubble and transfer to my vita Yay!!! =D

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Most likely or they updated the page too early, I’m looking into it.

1. rafael707’s avatar

i wouldnt be suprised if they skip 2.05 and come out with 2.06, just for more bug fixes

17. don17sch’s avatar

so long psn for me

18. ssJon’s avatar

I’m new at this and this is probably a stupid question, but if i stay on the lower firmware with the uno exploit, would it block me from transfering vita purchases made on ps3 to vita?

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

no if you use the proxy

1. ssJon’s avatar

thanks. is there a tutorial on how to do that or any links for more information on that?

19. VivaLaVita’s avatar

I hope I can snag the new free psm game (tomorrows game I mean) before the update is out. It might already be out, haven’t checked yet. I’m definitely keeping the k exploit cause I am getting a 16gb card soon and I will have a lot more storage.

1. mediate’s avatar

new game’s out now. Called Beats Slider I believe. Still no forced update.

20. MaxiExtreme’s avatar

Don’t loose hope….

21. BrooksBlood’s avatar

This may sound crazy, but what if sony purposely did this to have the new VHBL game name released and kill 2 birds with one stone (uno and new VHBL) on the next FW update? Just a theory

22. RodPin’s avatar

Last chance to sync your trophies!

23. Almax’s avatar

Hey new free game on the PSN! its a new playstation mobile game, its called Beats Slider! find it under the puzzle filter!

1. makak1984’s avatar

Good to know only if PSM is avaliable on your country… On my not :/

1. Lai’s avatar

thanks for the info.. i got it now.. too bad these psm games are good if u turn your wifi on and not in airplane mode.. >.> sony is pretty fishy on these games.. (they want you to update if the new update is gonna come)

24. TelgarDrakore’s avatar

There is actually till psn access for those that want to download apps or games. All you have to do is plug in your vita to a computer with open cma and wait for the vita to let you transfer, then unplug the vita from your pc and without touching anything on the vita plug it into a ps3. The Vita will give and error, then let you through to transfer with the ps3. Internet connection required bypassed. (Works on 1.81 MBA exploit and lets me purchase and use jetpack, a free app on psn)

1. wololo’s avatar

Thanks a lot for this tip!

2. go1den3ye’s avatar

ooh, I need to try this when I get home from work.

1. go1den3ye’s avatar

edit: didn’t work on my 1.81. the moment I disconnect it from the pc the Vita says “disconnected from pc”

3. StepS’s avatar

well, this always worked. until they enable a new store-based check (they were pretty slow with it during 2.00/2.01 phase, took weeks for them to close tricks)

1. StepS’s avatar

oh wait, I thought this was about logging into PSN from vita. so, nevermind

4. go1den3ye’s avatar

didn’t work on 1.51. just tested

25. eighthdayregret’s avatar

So far, the new update isn’t mandatory. I logged into PSN to get the new free game, and it didn’t even mention updating.

26. WolfRamiO’s avatar

now is show 2.02 lOl

27. go1den3ye’s avatar

I’m still on 1.52 or something, haven’t had access to psn in a while.

28. $ONYisNotYourFriend’s avatar

How are we suppose to play the latest games if Sony keeps $crewing us over? The new games require the newest firmware don’t they?

1. Corey96’s avatar

Yeah… But that’s kind of what they’re trying to acheive. They want to make you see a need to update, whether it’s for new games or PSN access.

They don’t want us using exploits, so of course they’re going to keep “$crewing us over”.

29. Corey96’s avatar

Not really a big deal to me… My PSN got banned thanks to using it on my 4.30 Rogero CFW PS3… well, the one I’m currently using, not that I’ve bought any games besides the exploited ones through it, but I’m not swapping until the next kernel exploit release, so probably not for a while. It’s kind of funny, they didn’t send me an email telling me to remove unofficial stuff or be banned, and they haven’t sent me an email saying that I was banned.

Anyway, the cat and mouse game continues… XD

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

why they have to sen you a notification about that? isn´t in the TOS that the use an unofficial software on your playstation if not allowed?

30. Unmolested Ex-Catholic’s avatar

WOW I just updated and my UNO/VHBL still works. ^_^
    How is that even possible? MAYBE Sony isn’t blocking it this time.

Don’t say I’m trolling because I’m not. Only stupid people like Wololo will say that. Go see for yourself..

1. wololo’s avatar

It goes without saying, but I don’t recommend people to trust random advice in the comments section, especially from a known troll. Wow, guess you were right, I did say you’re a troll.

2. eighthdayregret’s avatar

Can anyone else confirm this?

1. eighthdayregret’s avatar

Haha, alright, I consider it “confirmed’ that I should just NOT update.

3. eighthdayregret’s avatar

If the Uno exploit wasn’t keeping my Vita from gathering dust, I’d test this myself…
      But alas…

4. Tia’s avatar

Wow, that *is* incredible!
      Considering 2.05 isn’t live yet, quote, “How is that even possible?” :o

/sarcasm off

5. Unmolested Ex-Catholic’s avatar

You have nothing better else to say but call me troll. -_-

31. tonyxct’s avatar

In europe still not inbound, it can allows to download new PSMobile game, beats slider.

32. quetz’s avatar

I HATE YOU SONY

1. Yes’s avatar

Then you’re probably on the wrong website :P (seeing that this website is almost only about Sony news).

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

go and get a projectshield then!

33. psVitovic’s avatar

it shows 2.02 on both us and eu(it) sites

1. makak1984’s avatar

yeah on EU still no update.

34. hacker’s avatar

this was the worst

35. pol’s avatar

maybe the new fw update will include flash for browser i hope so..

36. Patty’s avatar

Trophies are stupid imo why do people care about that crap? Sony owes me a shit ton for ps1 and ps2 days

1. Electric Penis’s avatar

Sony doesn’t owe you a damn thing, you miserable fuck.

37. Ant1206’s avatar

Is it not possible to download Uno onto the PS3 and transer Uno to the Vita without updating?

1. Stormwolf’s avatar

Not until its back on the psn.

2. go1den3ye’s avatar

if you have bought it before I think it’s on your psn download list.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Nope UNO has been pulled from download lists and they store. They’ll put it back up later after the next update(s).

1. Jd8531’s avatar

*the PSN store

2. Ant1206’s avatar

will I be able to get it onto my Vita once it’s back on the PSN though?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

As long as you update, you could transfer via PS3 when it’s put back up.

38. azio’s avatar

html 5 and java support ? its mean can we watch the
    videos on web?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Those features were already included in 2.0

39. Polsky’s avatar

Main features in system software update version 2.02
    PlayStation®Network
    PlayStation®Plus is now supported. > See details
    (near)
    “near” has been redesigned to improve its usability.
    (Browser)
    The display speed of Web pages has been improved.
    You can now use a pointer to open links. > See details
    Support for HTML5 and JavaScript has been enhanced.
    (Content Manager)
    Usability has been improved.
    You can now transfer data by connecting to a computer using Wi-Fi on the PS Vita system. > See details
    You can now copy an entire folder of photos and video to your PS Vita system from your PS3™ system or your computer. > See details
    (Maps)
    You can now display weather information on the map for areas where it is available. > See details
    (Email)
    (Email) application has been added. You can start the application from the home screen. > See details
    (Settings)
    You can now set how you will be notified separately for each application and feature. > See details
    The number of applications you can control using the buttons on the PS Vita system has been increased. > See details
    Other new or revised features in version 2.02
    Games
    [Assign Touchscreen] and [Assign Rear Touch Pad] have been added as features to [Controller Settings] in the PlayStation® format software menu.
    [Custom] has been added as an option under [Other Settings] > [Screen Mode] in the PlayStation® format software menu.
    You can now delete screenshots or songs created in PSP™Game software.> See details
    (Friends)
    You can now display activities on the LiveArea™ screen for Friends.
    The LiveArea™ screen is displayed by flicking the screen up to let you communicate in real time with your friends.
    You can now write a comment to send with a friend request.> See details
    You can now report an inappropriate message when you receive one with a friend request. Tap (Options) > [Submit Grief Report] on the profile screen to report.
    (Group Messaging)
    More varieties of file formats (TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG and MPO) are now supported as attachments to messages.
    (Trophies)
    When trophy information is automatically synchronized with PlayStation®Network servers, it is now synchronized in the background. You can perform other operations during the synchronization.
    (Browser)
    You can now tweet the currently displayed page. > See details
    You can now open the browser without pausing playing a game.
    (Videos)
    You can now play a video with 1080 resolution.
    You can now play the video in slow motion.
    You can now skip chapters.
    Closed caption is now supported.
    (Settings)
    [Disconnect Wi-Fi Connection Automatically] has been added as a feature under [Network] > [Wi-Fi Settings].
    [Avatar], [Panel], [Online ID], [About Me] and [My Languages] under [PlayStation®Network] > [Account Information] have been moved to the newly added category [Profile].
    [Twitter] has been added as a feature under [PlayStation®Network].
    Turkish has been added as an option under [Language] > [System Language] and [Language] > [Input Languages] > [Keyboards / Add Terms].
    [PlayStation®Mobile] has been added as a feature under [System].
    Other
    New in 2.02

System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
    New in 2.01

An issue in a feature to connect to the Internet automatically and save data has been observed in the “Online Game Save” service for PlayStation®Plus members. This version of the system software addresses this issue.
    System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
    New for 2.00

Screenshots are now saved in the background. You can perform other operations while saving the screenshot.
    In the lists under (Music) and (Videos), you can now scroll and display truncated title names to view the whole text. > See details

For details about these and other features, refer to the PS Vita system user’s guide.

40. Polsky’s avatar

ops i just saw thats is 2.02 forget about it sorry

41. huz’s avatar

uno 2.02 ARK eCFW
    THAT PSPFILER can change REST
    NPEH00020DATA00″2″ multimenu
    NPEH00020DATA00 YMENU ARK TN-C PS1 WORK & CWCHEAT WON’T.
    I HAVE PSPGO CHEAT GTA LCS & GTA VCS WORK!.

“NETFRONT INTERNERT MOD V6″ MP4,HBL EMULATOR ROMS ZIP DOWNLOAD WORK!

PS VITA ISSUE SIGN IN WITH USB TO PC.
    WHO PEOPLE don’t recommend DO NOT UPDATE 2.05

42. tonyneyer’s avatar

psn still online in us no required update yet hurry and download your games before its too late!

43. vextype-0’s avatar

finel fantasy type-0 crisis core finel fantasy qheens blade kingdom hearts bbs patapon 3 mhp3 peace walker metal gear acid 2 well later psn

44. Voltrom’s avatar

Okay so Wololo it is confirmed that 2.05 does not prevent the UNO exploit from executing?

1. wololo’s avatar

I didn’t get any confirmation of anything yet, I am still confused as to the update even being out or not at this point

45. Voltrom’s avatar

Meh, I see. I have to drive a block or two away from my house to get wifi to transfer my files (CMA on Mac) hopefully I’m not forced to update to use CMA. I’m hoping someone released an open CMA for Mac OSX. Isn’t there a way I can modify the XML file or something along those sorts to go use CMA without going online… People on here taking about how UNO still executes with 2.05 but troll is troll and I dunno. I’m going to give ARK eCFW a try tonight.

46. eighthdayregret’s avatar

Update is live in the US and forced as of 8:28 pm MST

47. DeadPixel99’s avatar

I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE UPDATE IS LIVE RIGHT NOW!

11:04PM USA MICHIGAN

Tried to go onto psn and it asked to update, i did not as im sure it kills the uno, let me know if it still works after updating who ever braves the update.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I braved it, sadly its patched.

1. eighthdayregret’s avatar

Thanks for the info.
        Moment of silence for our fallen (if only temporarily) for out fallen brother.
        We appreciate your bravery.

1 · 2 ·