New VHBL Exploit found by tomtomdu80

A new user mode exploit has been found by /talk user tomtomdu80.

What makes this user mode exploit different from others is that tomtomdu80 was able to port it to VHBL and has gotten quite good homebrew compatibility, not many exploits achieve this. Below is a video showing the exploit.

Before anyone starts saying things like “it’s fake” or “he’s moving the vita away blablabla”, let me tell you two things:
1- I personally confirm this exploit as I’ve tested it myself on my vita
2- he hides the vita in the video to prevent the game from being shown

I know most of you might be expecting a CFW, but lets be realistic for a second, no dev right now has the intention to release a kernel exploit. We would be very lucky if someone releases a user mode exploit to be used with the kernel exploit that got released recently, but once Sony will most likely patch that kernel exploit in the next firmware, we’ll probably have to go back to using VHBL. Let me know your thoughts on this.

1. Yuu’s avatar

Awesome work and it is good to see more wonderful people finding and sharing (with Wololo ;-) ) to confirm it for us.

to the future and beyond….

1. musashiro’s avatar

uhm…. Acid_Snake is the one confirming it… ?

1. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

You have a problem with that??? I would trust him with the exploit more than a person who just created an account 5 minutes ago, only to beg like a brat for said exploit. I’m not saying you are, but in general, most people only join for this and “Ninja Releases”. Bastards…..

1. Yes’s avatar

I think he just pointed out that it was Acid_Snake, not Wololo, as Yuu mentioned in his/her post.

1. Yuu’s avatar

Sorry about that, that would be Acid_Snake that was the one who confirmed it for us. Still lotsa <3 to Wololo as we always think of you when visiting the site :-P

Am a guy @Yes ^_^

2. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

Gotcha. I overreacted to his post.

2. Xeeynamo’s avatar

Sonic CD :D

3. jhonny appleseeds’s avatar

yay

4. atrumincendia’s avatar

So who do you ask for the exploit? if he is not going to post it anywhere?

1. Corey96’s avatar

You wait for the release. It will be released publically some time in the future. I am assuming that it will be released through the Ninja Release system, which works on a trusted members first basis so that everybody registered on the /talk forums will have access to the name of the game before the public release. When it is released the news will be posted here on the blog no doubt, so that everybody who hasn’t registered can find out the name of the game and buy it. Then you will have to wait as the files will be posted later. Anyway, the release could be a while off yet.

1. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

Good luck with trying to explain simple concepts to simple-minded morons….

1. atrumincendia’s avatar

I’m sorry, but when did asking a simple question become cause for hateful responses? Just because you think yourself oh so high and mighty, and above the rest of us, it doesn’t mean you actually are. please don’t respond if all you can do is put people down

2. Rybro’s avatar

Mate, just because you modded your psvita before someone else and attended the scene first doesn’t make you a superior ‘scener’.

If they are posting they are contributing which is a good thing.

I modded my first console 19 years ago, I’m no better than anyone else here.

2. Mart’s avatar

Santa Claus yo

5. Corey96’s avatar

Good work Tomtomdu! A new exploit is always great. The question now is whether this exploit gets released on the current firmware with a port of CEF or whether it gets saved until the next fimrware and VHBL is released for it (as seen in the video). I suppose it’ll depend on what Tomtomdu thinks, and a factor that may come into play in his decision is how much longer Sony leaves it before they release another firmware update. Maybe we’ll end up seeing what happened on 1.81 again, although I’m questioning the possibility that they’re working on a new firmware update with features like they were on 1.81 ( :P ), anything’s possible I guess.

P.S.
    Sorry for the wall of text! :P

6. J3LACK--EAGLE’s avatar

Dont release it, wait until soy releases the new firmware, like days after that so people can get their money together and everyone will be prepared aint no use in releasing it now. If you didnt get the uno then sucks for you wait till sony comes out with the new firmware so we dont have to wish to play online and wishing to have them features. I was accused of my netfront being fake, well it was but now im starting from scratch with a vita port of the homebrew nazi zombies touchscreen just w8in 4 win7

7. bruno’s avatar

i already saw this video on youtube, but how long this guys will be use a psn game to run the vhbl??? Its more efective if we found an exploit in a comercial game like uncharted that cant be remove from the market…

1. wololo’s avatar

You do that, and let us know how it goes…

1. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

Sometimes, you shouldn’t even waste your breath…nor keystrokes….

2. garrei’s avatar

I lol’d… I Lol’d hard at this post.

3. Kyu’s avatar

Well….the 3ds exploit uses a commercial game xp

1. Cattona’s avatar

Wait. There’s an exploit for the 3Ds? Why can’t I find this? what is it?!?

1. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

It is still in the works, but there is a thread at gbaTemp on the progress.

2. StepS’s avatar

already tried, Monster Hunter successfully pulled and an emergency update has followed

3. gunblade’s avatar

the cartridge games does a cheack then an install n they load differnt since on the game card then the memory the security harder i guess

8. GcBatman’s avatar

Always great to have new exploits loaded just in case of a patch.

9. wartaf’s avatar

good, another exploits.

btw, what is the different of VHBL & eCFW(CEF)

1. wartaf’s avatar

*difference :D

1. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

VHBL can only run homebrew (emulators, etc)

eCFW can run anything a PSP can, specifically ISO/CSO files. It can play PSP games and now PSX games.

1. Aces’s avatar

eCFW has almost complete compatibility with homebrew due to kernel level module control.
          vHBL has limited compatibility with homebrew due to the limited amount of user level modules that can be controlled (basically, which ever modules the game has loaded at the time the exploit is triggered)
          If you took ISO and CSO loading out of the equation, eCFW would still be the preferred way to go for brews.

1. wartaf’s avatar

ok, thanks for reps :D
            so eCFW can do everything that VHBL can but not vice versa. but this news still great :D because if i’m not mistaken, there’s an app/homebrew that can play ISO/CSO and PSX.

10. tonyneyer’s avatar

since i already have the uno exploit when the game comes out if i download an iso of it and run it through the uno exploit would that allow the vhbl to open or is there a way to port any type of vhbl to the uno exploit. please help!!!! i really do not have the money to get any new games and i want to keep updated

1. Mart’s avatar

If you don’t have money to pay for some old PSP games to get new exploits while updating, stop gaming all together.

Why did you buy a PSVita first place? It is expensive yo, especially when one doesn’t have the money…

2. hgoel0974’s avatar

If you already have the UNO exploit, you do not need VHBL ;)
      Just DON’T update when an update is released.

11. Charles’s avatar

nice works guys!

12. Antonio Mascuñano’s avatar

Hello tomtomdu80 congratulations on your work, this new exploit, you can send me the name of the game and what files to my email? Laps I was given is vita for Magi and the exploit can not descargarme anterior.Me like to be like you, greetings.

1. Mart’s avatar

Just wait till it gets released, not that hard eh

13. mecksg1’s avatar

nice work. im very imprested with the work you guys are doing here. hope this will work with later firmwares.

14. Karma Kontrol’s avatar

Antonio, quit askin’ for files and name of game. I’m sure its gonna use the Ninja Release system, so just wait.

15. clicks’s avatar

Well I think I’m finally ready for a new exploit, as I missed the UNO one from before…

1. samjordanhunter’s avatar

sounds like u r goin to miss this exploit too =)

16. Link’s avatar

This awesome, dis the release I been waiting for. Thank u u nice ppl

17. Link’s avatar

Oh wait… It’s vhbl and it went back to that ugly layout I hate…

1. wololo’s avatar

Vhbl is compatible with a wide variety of menus. If you dont like the default one it is very easy to switch.

1. gunblade’s avatar

y menu or x menu prety good too..

2. Acid_Snake’s avatar

I actually like wMenu, pyMenu was based on it, any chance you’ll port it to cfw?

18. Link’s avatar

I would like VHBL to have the same layout as TNC or the cool one I have right now for Mad Blocker or whatever it’s called for 1.81 firmware.

19. Unmolested Ex-Catholic’s avatar

Just because he found a new exploit, he’s asking for donations. Oh please give me break.

Get a job…

1. wololo’s avatar

I bet you’d prefer if the Vita scene was selling dongles instead of giving away the work for free. Donations are one of the ways to offer people the choice to pay if they think it’s worth it, and still have the thing free for the majority of people.

Just be thankful that the people with the skills to make these exploits haven’t started a massive commercial-only scheme like it’s the case on some other consoles.

For the record I know you’re trolling so I’m not answering to you, but I’m just answering here in case other people might think “hell yeah, that dude is right”.

1. musashiro’s avatar

i really hate the idea behind dongles…

2. Unmolested Ex-Catholic’s avatar

You’re not answering me? Yet you just did idiot. Secondly I am right this asking for donations is very common on this website. Damn bums!

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

You try devoting your precious time for (some) ungrateful people, looking for exploits, finding them, porting them for VHBL ;)

Oh, and after that, DON’T ask for donations ;)

By the way, donations are your choice, you want to pay, then fine. We don’t care even if you don’t donate.

This donation system just keeps the scene from becoming paid membership or exploits being sold.

wololo never said that he didn’t answer your question, he said that normally he wouldn’t and that he just did it because others like you might read your comment and wonder the same thing ;)

2. gunblade’s avatar

well if people donate they can help the dev with thing like a vita to pratice on or funds to get game to pratice on so its alright

1. gunblade’s avatar

its sumtimes hard to get a job wen ur 14 too jus saying

20. Flash_Falcon’s avatar

It is indeed great to find and share such good news for others to acquire homebrew goodies. I purposely skipped out on UNO but I might jump on this one, if released to us, for some ROM goodies.

21. SMOKE’s avatar

I’ve gotten comments like “Why are you still updating your VHBL thread on /talk?!?” or “There’s never going to be another VHBL exploit, what’s the point of this thread?”

I say to those people this:

TOLD YA!!!

Lol, but nice work, looks promising :)

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

TRUE, maybe we should start looking at games which appear to use more modules and leave the other ones for eCFW?

22. Flash_Falcon’s avatar

VHBL is worth it while the dev’s work on getting the real deal for everyone.

If there is a possibility of releasing this soon, can you tell us how much funds we should apply to our accounts?

1. Aces’s avatar

it doesnt make much sense to release the name of the game now.
      better to wait for a vita update and release the name for a new firmware.

1. Flash_Falcon’s avatar

I was only looking for a price range, not the name.

1. gunblade’s avatar

well idk on the price but if its a psp game most cost under 10 dallers unless its like one of the hit tittle then sum reason sony still selling them fo like realse date prices most games they used so far was under ten dallers monster unite was the most expensive i think… i got me a 20 daller psn card liying around if anything hope if they do reless a game it dosent go over… but iam on 1.81 fo now and i need a new memory card a 32 would be good..

23. chingon’s avatar

nuthin beats a good ol fashon hombrew with a nice coffee brew after a good long while of the best psp classics on eCFW and ARK, change is good…err…limitations…

24. peter’s avatar

i hope the is sound for psx games in this New VHBL

1. Jd8531’s avatar

VHBL can not run PSX.

25. Bambi’s avatar

SAAVE IT!

Save it for big next FW updates.

26. chingon’s avatar

no… sound would be great!

1. chingon’s avatar

resident evil! I could almost hear those zombies comin’…

1. gunblade’s avatar

yea but the thing about that the rumble controll made the zombie jump at u …

27. anhtuan’s avatar

Good none stop progress for the scene!

28. Anatoly’s avatar

Great news, looking forward to the name of the game!

29. quetz’s avatar

in my opinion, rather than saving this for later waiting sony to patch fw2.02 exploit, in order to have vhbl in maybe fw2.03, i think is better to release this for users who couldn’t get UNO in time, or for other reasons, like europe that got out almost immediately. i was lucky getting it in time, but many users missed it. and i think many other exploit (user mode) will be available also in later fw for vhbl only, this is a good chance to spread the use of this kexploit to a larger target since the fw seems to no getting patched as now

1. gunblade’s avatar

thing is sony dosent rely add new feature to there firmware most of the update from release date was to cover expoits n they still dont even cover sum of the bug problems

30. Rstxk’s avatar

NICE! WORK

31. Thrasea’s avatar

I missed the Next Exploit, i do not wanna miss this one, i have the money to buy a game, email the game pls

girgaming@live.co.uk

32. Thrasea’s avatar

at least use a decent game for the Exploit

1. gunblade’s avatar

they dont rely chose the game sum are jus like mech asult for the first xbox

33. Antonio Mascuñano’s avatar

waiting for the name of the game, thanks.

34. Antonio Mascuñano’s avatar

at least use a decent game for the Exploit

35. hy’s avatar

I wait in very anticipation.
    Want to donate!

36. Jhonny Flake’s avatar

Great work.
    I want very much this exploid.
    I havê lost the exploit beforr that.
    Pleaseee send me game na me from ti my email jhonnyflake@hotmail.com

Sorry for my bad english.

37. Mitsurugi.san’s avatar

So, i will not be able to run PSP Games?
    *sigh* i have to wait another exploit, again…

38. Link’s avatar

A question to wolo, “Do you know which exploit loads the fastest”? I’ve used the Monster Hunter and Mad Blocker exploit and so far Mad Blocker 1.81(FW) has been the fastest to boot up. Is Mad Blocker still the fastest?

39. Javance’s avatar

I spent the money i had on the uno exploitPLEASE can someone please donate to me please i need a card PLEASE!!!! ill find a way to pay u back i just need a card number PLEASE!!!

javancehooks@gmail.com

1. Jd8531’s avatar

If you have UNO, you don’t need this. Quit begging for money.

2. hgoel0974’s avatar

He hasn’t said anything about releasing it yet. Stop begging

40. Antonio Mascuñano’s avatar

1. Someone Else’s avatar

If you already have the Uno exploit, just stick with that one. (Both of you, you silly double posting name changer.) It’s a much more powerful exploit. VHBL can’t play PSP or PS1 games. It is limited to homebrew apps, and plays them slower than a CFW.

41. Thrasea’s avatar

You can play PS1 Games anyways, just download them on PSN, I just wanna play Game Boy Advance, Megadrive and Snes Games

42. Antonio Mascuñano’s avatar

Tonymascu@hotmail.com

1. fatman01923’s avatar

Register on the /talk forums and read the rules.

43. Ruwen’s avatar

Hello please say me the game and tut please i do not post it!!! ruwenkdm@googlemail.com

THX

1. fatman01923’s avatar

Register on the /talk forums and read the rules.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

it wasn’t really worth the time you took to write that, don’t you think ;) we always get such comments, apparently, no one listens

44. Hosta Mahogey’s avatar

This is great news. Can’t wait to see what is announced next!

45. makak1984’s avatar

Good to hear that some devs still digging around and finding this things on Vita. For now good point is to prevent this exploit to be released to early for future OFW’s that be released or one thing I am sittle worried, that $ony could someday change saving data rules and rebuild their emulator. But have one question in PSX support… So if it is also based on emulator that is implemented on Vita – so also is it possible to find exploit like on PSP’s emu right? OK, if the exploit is possible then we could examine files structure and learn how to call functions that Acid said about lack of sound support on POPS.
    So thanks for your hard work devs!

1. gunblade’s avatar

well i guessing there like tree differnt catagorys for the vita well 5 differnt i think vita games vita apps mobile game n psx games and minis so that like flash games phone game playstation games.. the vita games was thought to be more use full then psp n minis think they jus add the touch screen the right analog n the camera funtions

46. gatuso69’s avatar

Great news! I hope I can buy this game when the exploit will be announced

47. Ruwen’s avatar

I have registri in the forum wehre is the new exploit for the vita? Please help me i can read a little bit of englisch!!!

: )

1. gunblade’s avatar

they jus relased one if there gona relase a new one they will post it in the forums

48. luca bonanno’s avatar

Mandatemi il nome del gioco exploit per favore… ho perso il gioco UNO!!!

49. luca bonanno’s avatar

prof.bonanno@hotmail.it … avevo dimenticato la mail.

50. ballsucker’s avatar

vhbl is bullshit. yu can play homebrew and psp games on psp. what i want is a cfw to backup psvita games and play them on the vita. am i the only one with this opinion?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

back up psvita games = CMA

back up and upload to internet for others to play = piracy = please go somewhere else

Also, If you really are such a hotshot, we are waiting for you to release your CFW ;)

1 · 2 ·