New VHBL Exploit found by tomtomdu80

Acid_Snake

I like beer.

You may also like...

1. Yuu says:

Awesome work and it is good to see more wonderful people finding and sharing (with Wololo ;-) ) to confirm it for us.

to the future and beyond….

• musashiro says:

uhm…. Acid_Snake is the one confirming it… ?

• SuzieJoeBob says:

You have a problem with that??? I would trust him with the exploit more than a person who just created an account 5 minutes ago, only to beg like a brat for said exploit. I’m not saying you are, but in general, most people only join for this and “Ninja Releases”. Bastards…..

2. Xeeynamo says:

Sonic CD :D

3. jhonny appleseeds says:

yay

4. atrumincendia says:

So who do you ask for the exploit? if he is not going to post it anywhere?

• Corey96 says:

You wait for the release. It will be released publically some time in the future. I am assuming that it will be released through the Ninja Release system, which works on a trusted members first basis so that everybody registered on the /talk forums will have access to the name of the game before the public release. When it is released the news will be posted here on the blog no doubt, so that everybody who hasn’t registered can find out the name of the game and buy it. Then you will have to wait as the files will be posted later. Anyway, the release could be a while off yet.

• SuzieJoeBob says:

Good luck with trying to explain simple concepts to simple-minded morons….

• atrumincendia says:

I’m sorry, but when did asking a simple question become cause for hateful responses? Just because you think yourself oh so high and mighty, and above the rest of us, it doesn’t mean you actually are. please don’t respond if all you can do is put people down

• Rybro says:

Mate, just because you modded your psvita before someone else and attended the scene first doesn’t make you a superior ‘scener’.

If they are posting they are contributing which is a good thing.

I modded my first console 19 years ago, I’m no better than anyone else here.

• Mart says:

Santa Claus yo

5. Corey96 says:

Good work Tomtomdu! A new exploit is always great. The question now is whether this exploit gets released on the current firmware with a port of CEF or whether it gets saved until the next fimrware and VHBL is released for it (as seen in the video). I suppose it’ll depend on what Tomtomdu thinks, and a factor that may come into play in his decision is how much longer Sony leaves it before they release another firmware update. Maybe we’ll end up seeing what happened on 1.81 again, although I’m questioning the possibility that they’re working on a new firmware update with features like they were on 1.81 ( :P ), anything’s possible I guess.

P.S.
    Sorry for the wall of text! :P

6. bruno says:

i already saw this video on youtube, but how long this guys will be use a psn game to run the vhbl??? Its more efective if we found an exploit in a comercial game like uncharted that cant be remove from the market…

7. GcBatman says:

Always great to have new exploits loaded just in case of a patch.

8. wartaf says:

good, another exploits.

btw, what is the different of VHBL & eCFW(CEF)

• wartaf says:

*difference :D

• SuzieJoeBob says:

VHBL can only run homebrew (emulators, etc)

eCFW can run anything a PSP can, specifically ISO/CSO files. It can play PSP games and now PSX games.

• Aces says:

eCFW has almost complete compatibility with homebrew due to kernel level module control.
          vHBL has limited compatibility with homebrew due to the limited amount of user level modules that can be controlled (basically, which ever modules the game has loaded at the time the exploit is triggered)
          If you took ISO and CSO loading out of the equation, eCFW would still be the preferred way to go for brews.

• wartaf says:

ok, thanks for reps :D
            so eCFW can do everything that VHBL can but not vice versa. but this news still great :D because if i’m not mistaken, there’s an app/homebrew that can play ISO/CSO and PSX.

9. tonyneyer says:

since i already have the uno exploit when the game comes out if i download an iso of it and run it through the uno exploit would that allow the vhbl to open or is there a way to port any type of vhbl to the uno exploit. please help!!!! i really do not have the money to get any new games and i want to keep updated

• Mart says:

If you don’t have money to pay for some old PSP games to get new exploits while updating, stop gaming all together.

Why did you buy a PSVita first place? It is expensive yo, especially when one doesn’t have the money…

• hgoel0974 says:

If you already have the UNO exploit, you do not need VHBL ;)
      Just DON’T update when an update is released.

10. Charles says:

nice works guys!

11. Antonio Mascuñano says:

Hello tomtomdu80 congratulations on your work, this new exploit, you can send me the name of the game and what files to my email? Laps I was given is vita for Magi and the exploit can not descargarme anterior.Me like to be like you, greetings.

12. mecksg1 says:

nice work. im very imprested with the work you guys are doing here. hope this will work with later firmwares.

13. Karma Kontrol says:

Antonio, quit askin’ for files and name of game. I’m sure its gonna use the Ninja Release system, so just wait.

14. clicks says:

Well I think I’m finally ready for a new exploit, as I missed the UNO one from before…

15. Link says:

This awesome, dis the release I been waiting for. Thank u u nice ppl

16. Link says:

Oh wait… It’s vhbl and it went back to that ugly layout I hate…

17. Link says:

I would like VHBL to have the same layout as TNC or the cool one I have right now for Mad Blocker or whatever it’s called for 1.81 firmware.

18. Unmolested Ex-Catholic says:

Just because he found a new exploit, he’s asking for donations. Oh please give me break.

Get a job…

• wololo says:

I bet you’d prefer if the Vita scene was selling dongles instead of giving away the work for free. Donations are one of the ways to offer people the choice to pay if they think it’s worth it, and still have the thing free for the majority of people.

Just be thankful that the people with the skills to make these exploits haven’t started a massive commercial-only scheme like it’s the case on some other consoles.

For the record I know you’re trolling so I’m not answering to you, but I’m just answering here in case other people might think “heck yeah, that dude is right”.

• musashiro says:

i really hate the idea behind dongles…

• Unmolested Ex-Catholic says:

You’re not answering me? Yet you just did idiot. Secondly I am right this asking for donations is very common on this website. Damn bums!

• hgoel0974 says:

You try devoting your precious time for (some) ungrateful people, looking for exploits, finding them, porting them for VHBL ;)

Oh, and after that, DON’T ask for donations ;)

By the way, donations are your choice, you want to pay, then fine. We don’t care even if you don’t donate.

This donation system just keeps the scene from becoming paid membership or exploits being sold.

wololo never said that he didn’t answer your question, he said that normally he wouldn’t and that he just did it because others like you might read your comment and wonder the same thing ;)

• gunblade says:

well if people donate they can help the dev with thing like a vita to pratice on or funds to get game to pratice on so its alright

19. Flash_Falcon says:

It is indeed great to find and share such good news for others to acquire homebrew goodies. I purposely skipped out on UNO but I might jump on this one, if released to us, for some ROM goodies.

20. SMOKE says:

I’ve gotten comments like “Why are you still updating your VHBL thread on /talk?!?” or “There’s never going to be another VHBL exploit, what’s the point of this thread?”

I say to those people this:

TOLD YA!!!

Lol, but nice work, looks promising :)

21. Flash_Falcon says:

VHBL is worth it while the dev’s work on getting the real deal for everyone.

If there is a possibility of releasing this soon, can you tell us how much funds we should apply to our accounts?

• Aces says:

it doesnt make much sense to release the name of the game now.
      better to wait for a vita update and release the name for a new firmware.

• Flash_Falcon says:

I was only looking for a price range, not the name.

• gunblade says:

well idk on the price but if its a psp game most cost under 10 dallers unless its like one of the hit tittle then sum reason sony still selling them fo like realse date prices most games they used so far was under ten dallers monster unite was the most expensive i think… i got me a 20 daller psn card liying around if anything hope if they do reless a game it dosent go over… but iam on 1.81 fo now and i need a new memory card a 32 would be good..

22. chingon says:

nuthin beats a good ol fashon hombrew with a nice coffee brew after a good long while of the best psp classics on eCFW and ARK, change is good…err…limitations…

23. peter says:

i hope the is sound for psx games in this New VHBL

24. Bambi says:

SAAVE IT!

Save it for big next FW updates.

25. chingon says:

no… sound would be great!

26. anhtuan says:

Good none stop progress for the scene!

27. Anatoly says:

Great news, looking forward to the name of the game!

28. quetz says:

in my opinion, rather than saving this for later waiting sony to patch fw2.02 exploit, in order to have vhbl in maybe fw2.03, i think is better to release this for users who couldn’t get UNO in time, or for other reasons, like europe that got out almost immediately. i was lucky getting it in time, but many users missed it. and i think many other exploit (user mode) will be available also in later fw for vhbl only, this is a good chance to spread the use of this kexploit to a larger target since the fw seems to no getting patched as now

• gunblade says:

thing is sony dosent rely add new feature to there firmware most of the update from release date was to cover expoits n they still dont even cover sum of the bug problems

29. Rstxk says:

NICE! WORK

30. Thrasea says:

I missed the Next Exploit, i do not wanna miss this one, i have the money to buy a game, email the game pls

girgaming@live.co.uk

31. Thrasea says:

at least use a decent game for the Exploit

32. Antonio Mascuñano says:

waiting for the name of the game, thanks.

33. Antonio Mascuñano says:

at least use a decent game for the Exploit

34. hy says:

I wait in very anticipation.
    Want to donate!

35. Jhonny Flake says:

Great work.
    I want very much this exploid.
    I havê lost the exploit beforr that.
    Pleaseee send me game na me from ti my email jhonnyflake@hotmail.com

Sorry for my bad english.

36. Mitsurugi.san says:

So, i will not be able to run PSP Games?
    *sigh* i have to wait another exploit, again…

37. Link says:

A question to wolo, “Do you know which exploit loads the fastest”? I’ve used the Monster Hunter and Mad Blocker exploit and so far Mad Blocker 1.81(FW) has been the fastest to boot up. Is Mad Blocker still the fastest?

38. Javance says:

I spent the money i had on the uno exploitPLEASE can someone please donate to me please i need a card PLEASE!!!! ill find a way to pay u back i just need a card number PLEASE!!!

javancehooks@gmail.com

39. Antonio Mascuñano says:

• Someone Else says:

If you already have the Uno exploit, just stick with that one. (Both of you, you silly double posting name changer.) It’s a much more powerful exploit. VHBL can’t play PSP or PS1 games. It is limited to homebrew apps, and plays them slower than a CFW.

40. Thrasea says:

You can play PS1 Games anyways, just download them on PSN, I just wanna play Game Boy Advance, Megadrive and Snes Games

41. Antonio Mascuñano says:

Tonymascu@hotmail.com

42. Ruwen says:

Hello please say me the game and tut please i do not post it!!! ruwenkdm@googlemail.com

THX

43. Hosta Mahogey says:

This is great news. Can’t wait to see what is announced next!

44. makak1984 says:

Good to hear that some devs still digging around and finding this things on Vita. For now good point is to prevent this exploit to be released to early for future OFW’s that be released or one thing I am sittle worried, that $ony could someday change saving data rules and rebuild their emulator. But have one question in PSX support… So if it is also based on emulator that is implemented on Vita – so also is it possible to find exploit like on PSP’s emu right? OK, if the exploit is possible then we could examine files structure and learn how to call functions that Acid said about lack of sound support on POPS.
    So thanks for your hard work devs!

• gunblade says:

well i guessing there like tree differnt catagorys for the vita well 5 differnt i think vita games vita apps mobile game n psx games and minis so that like flash games phone game playstation games.. the vita games was thought to be more use full then psp n minis think they jus add the touch screen the right analog n the camera funtions

45. gatuso69 says:

Great news! I hope I can buy this game when the exploit will be announced

46. Ruwen says:

I have registri in the forum wehre is the new exploit for the vita? Please help me i can read a little bit of englisch!!!

: )

47. luca bonanno says:

Mandatemi il nome del gioco exploit per favore… ho perso il gioco UNO!!!

48. luca bonanno says:

prof.bonanno@hotmail.it … avevo dimenticato la mail.

49. ballsucker says:

vhbl is ***. yu can play homebrew and psp games on psp. what i want is a cfw to backup psvita games and play them on the vita. am i the only one with this opinion?

50. Comand says:

I’ve been dying to run iso/cso on my vita cause i already missed UNO. When will the game and the exploit come aut??

thanks

• hgoel0974 says:

this ATM hasn’t been ported to the kexploit so this (in it’s current state) will not run iso’s, IF tomtomdu decides to port it to the present kexploit for THIS firmware, yoou might be able to play iso/cso otherwise you will not.

1. January 22, 2013

[…] di avviare l'eCFW (TN o ARK) su firmware 2.02, nella giornata di oggi ecco spuntare nel blog di wololo l'annuncio della scoperta di un nuovo exploit da parte dell'utente tomtomdu80. Eccone la prova: […]