Paypal finally comes to US PSN

Paypal has finally come to SCEA which means that it is now possible to transfer funds from Paypal to your US account! Previously we could only directly do this in the EU, for the US, there was a long procedure which involved getting a Paypal card and using it as a credit card.

Sony has finally done something good! Paypal can now be used on the US PSN.

As of yet, it is only possible to transfer funds through the SEN website.

To transfer funds from your Paypal account to your PSN Wallet

1. Visit SEN’s Account management page here
  2. Login to your account
  3. Goto the “Account” section
  4. Click on the “Wallet” sub-menu
  5. Click on “Add Funds to Wallet”
  6. Choose “PayPal”
  7. Choose the amount you wish to transfer and click “Continue”
  8. You will be asked to login to your PayPal account
  9. Login and Transfer the funds
  10. Go shopping in the PSN Store!

Sony has also said that the online store will be coming to the US very soon so get ready folks, Sony has lots of surprises coming for us!

1. mouhsine’s avatar

you have no idea how long i’ve been waiting for this, i live in morocco and we dont have an international visa ,with paypal i can finally buy some games and enjoy my vita.

2. Michael’s avatar

Doesn’t seem to be working for me. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just on my end.

3. Huesos_96’s avatar

In mexico it’s available too
    And sorry for m y poor english

1. ricardo’s avatar

there is nothing wrong with your english

1. ricardo’s avatar

maybe with mine XD

4. ricardo’s avatar

We’re sorry, but your payment resulted in an error. The problem has been reported to our operational staff and will be fixed as soon as possible. Please select another payment method or try again at a later time.

5. Question’s avatar

So does this mean that I can now buy games / subscribe to US PSN Plus easily within EU?

6. Rahul’s avatar

getting an error ..

I suppose this works for new ps plus payments but not for using trials..

7. isnizal’s avatar

hye wololo….in hk get paypal???i really wanted it

8. Someone Else’s avatar

I’m about 90% sure that I’ve been using paypal for months, to purchase games from PSN through my Vita. I believe I was allowed to just choose it as a payment option at checkout.

9. Edzo’s avatar

can paypal be used on the japanese psn? i never actually tried but that would be convenient

10. Z3r097’s avatar

about 1 month ago try to charge $ 10, but I canceled the transaction, but the $ 10 was charged to the account psn XD

11. lukeyboi246’s avatar

I tried using this, but I get the same error as Rahul, I’m from the EU, so can anyone from the US test paypal out to make sure we’re not getting blocked?

12. lukeyboi246’s avatar

I tried using this, but I get the same error as mentioned above, I’m from the EU, so can anyone from the US test paypal out to make sure we’re not getting blocked?

1. Xx_K_I_N_G_xX’s avatar

2. Kevin’s avatar

Trid using paypal in Canada and I also get the same error message today. Frustrating……as I know my Paypal account works fine.

13. Sotona’s avatar

Tried from US Proxy – got error Rahul reported

14. Sotona’s avatar

Along with the new update to the aging PlayStation Store, Sony has revealed that you can now fund your wallet with PayPal. It’s about time! Of course, this is something Sony is doing, so there are some potentially crippling limitations at hand.

Currently, the feature has only been confirmed for European countries, but it might very well make the jump over to North America once our store updates, too. More importantly, however, is the fact that you must go through a web browser to fill your wallet, as seen above instead of right off of the PS3′s interface. That’s a little cumbersome, but at least it’s an option!

The biggest detriment to people like me dreaming up devilish schemes of buying content from other regions is the disgusting region-lock implementation. *Your PayPal transaction will only go through if your PayPal account is registered in the same region as your PSN account is.* There are ways around this, and it won’t bother 99% of gamers, but why Sony would actively try to not take people’s money is baffling. Legal restrictions, maybe?

At any rate, it’s above all a nice little option for us to use, especially those still paranoid after the massive PlayStation Network hack from last year. Does this benefit you?

1. Foodie_Monster’s avatar

About the “ways around it”, care to explain a few? I’m not in the US, but I do have a US PSN account and PayPal from another region (Chile). If there’s a way to add funds to my PSN without going through eBay to buy PSN cards at a premium, it’d be a big help.

15. Youssef’s avatar

is uno still avaiable in us psn

16. Veskgar’s avatar

This is good news. I’ve been wanting this for a while. You can’t do it with your Vita though. You have to log in to your S.E.N. (Sony Entertainment) account and you can fund your wallet with a PayPal option. Then, of course with the added funds in the wallet, you can go shopping on the Vita. :-)

17. far’s avatar

any way to use a non paypal account and make it work? someone ?

18. well i have to get paypal’s avatar

Wtf i need paypal now lol see Supervisionaryhd’s vids and also niceeee

19. Rockstar Games’s avatar

Hmm… nice find.

20. MarioGalaxyNote’s avatar

SWEET CANT WAIT TO LOG ON!!!

21. XoXFroyoXoX’s avatar

You have no idea how long it has been!!!!

22. Paolo’s avatar

If your Sony Entertainment Network account is registered in one of the countries listed below, then you can top-up your wallet with PayPal™ using our Account Management site:

Austria
    Luxembourg
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Finland
    Portugal
    France
    Slovenia
    Greece
    Spain
    Ireland
    United Kingdom
    Italy
    Please note that your PayPal™ account must be registered in the same country as your Sony Entertainment Network account. For example, if your Sony Entertainment Network account was set up in France, you will only be able to use PayPal™ if your PayPal™ account billing address is also in France.