Paypal finally comes to US PSN

You may also like...

1. mouhsine says:

you have no idea how long i’ve been waiting for this, i live in morocco and we dont have an international visa ,with paypal i can finally buy some games and enjoy my vita.

2. Michael says:

Doesn’t seem to be working for me. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just on my end.

3. Huesos_96 says:

In mexico it’s available too
    And sorry for m y poor english

4. ricardo says:

We’re sorry, but your payment resulted in an error. The problem has been reported to our operational staff and will be fixed as soon as possible. Please select another payment method or try again at a later time.

5. Question says:

So does this mean that I can now buy games / subscribe to US PSN Plus easily within EU?

6. Rahul says:

getting an error ..

I suppose this works for new ps plus payments but not for using trials..

7. isnizal says:

hye wololo….in hk get paypal???i really wanted it

8. Someone Else says:

I’m about 90% sure that I’ve been using paypal for months, to purchase games from PSN through my Vita. I believe I was allowed to just choose it as a payment option at checkout.

9. Edzo says:

can paypal be used on the japanese psn? i never actually tried but that would be convenient

10. Z3r097 says:

about 1 month ago try to charge $ 10, but I canceled the transaction, but the $ 10 was charged to the account psn XD

11. lukeyboi246 says:

I tried using this, but I get the same error as Rahul, I’m from the EU, so can anyone from the US test paypal out to make sure we’re not getting blocked?

12. lukeyboi246 says:

I tried using this, but I get the same error as mentioned above, I’m from the EU, so can anyone from the US test paypal out to make sure we’re not getting blocked?

13. Sotona says:

Tried from US Proxy – got error Rahul reported

14. Sotona says:

Along with the new update to the aging PlayStation Store, Sony has revealed that you can now fund your wallet with PayPal. It’s about time! Of course, this is something Sony is doing, so there are some potentially crippling limitations at hand.

Currently, the feature has only been confirmed for European countries, but it might very well make the jump over to North America once our store updates, too. More importantly, however, is the fact that you must go through a web browser to fill your wallet, as seen above instead of right off of the PS3′s interface. That’s a little cumbersome, but at least it’s an option!

The biggest detriment to people like me dreaming up devilish schemes of buying content from other regions is the disgusting region-lock implementation. *Your PayPal transaction will only go through if your PayPal account is registered in the same region as your PSN account is.* There are ways around this, and it won’t bother 99% of gamers, but why Sony would actively try to not take people’s money is baffling. Legal restrictions, maybe?

At any rate, it’s above all a nice little option for us to use, especially those still paranoid after the massive PlayStation Network hack from last year. Does this benefit you?

15. Youssef says:

is uno still avaiable in us psn

16. Veskgar says:

This is good news. I’ve been wanting this for a while. You can’t do it with your Vita though. You have to log in to your S.E.N. (Sony Entertainment) account and you can fund your wallet with a PayPal option. Then, of course with the added funds in the wallet, you can go shopping on the Vita. :-)

17. far says:

any way to use a non paypal account and make it work? someone ?

18. well i have to get paypal says:

Wtf i need paypal now lol see Supervisionaryhd’s vids and also niceeee

19. Rockstar Games says:

Hmm… nice find.

20. SWEET CANT WAIT TO LOG ON!!!

21. You have no idea how long it has been!!!!

22. Paolo says:

If your Sony Entertainment Network account is registered in one of the countries listed below, then you can top-up your wallet with PayPal™ using our Account Management site:

Austria
    Luxembourg
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Finland
    Portugal
    France
    Slovenia
    Greece
    Spain
    Ireland
    United Kingdom
    Italy
    Please note that your PayPal™ account must be registered in the same country as your Sony Entertainment Network account. For example, if your Sony Entertainment Network account was set up in France, you will only be able to use PayPal™ if your PayPal™ account billing address is also in France.