PSN Back Online and More Free PSM Games!

After my previous article many people were wondering whether the extended PSN maintenance would also bring some sort of stealth Firmware update and that Sony would be offering free games to entice people into upgrading from their Uno or previous exploits. Well, this was not the case.

PSN is back online and there is no form of update in sight for the present. This is certainly good news as I have now had a chance to look through the PlayStation Mobile store and have found more free games (thanks to some of the people who commented on my previous article).

Please don’t get confused; there will be a new free game released by Sony for PSM next week, however there are also some more free goodies available.

So, in case you have yet to read my previous article which explains that Samurai Beat is free at present and there will be a new game coming every week for Six Weeks then please click here.

Anyway on to the good stuff:

Under the Casual section of PlayStation Mobile there is a game that is free at present called Everybody’s Arcade. This game includes games such as Book Arranging, Pie Throwing, Klondike, Video Poker and Blackjack. However there seems to be a slight catch which I shall write exactly as shown on PSN:

*each minigame can be purchased separately.

*There is a demo for ‘Klondike’ (up to 5 tries, within a limited time)

*Book Arranging and Pie Throwing are not the exact versions of the PSP versions.

I’m not entirely sure as I’ve yet to play this (so feel free to write a comment if you wish telling me how wrong I am) but it seems that you’ll have to buy extras for this game, and that it is some form of Demo.

Here’s a gameplay video (please note that Gameplay starts at approximately 2:38)

Under the Puzzle section of PSM there are two free Games: Lemmings and Bullion Blitz.

Before I go any further I’d like to say that I am a gigantic fan of the original Lemmings game and spent so many hours splatting all those innocent green haired little creatures *cough* I mean uh… saving them.

I have yet to play this game, but the moment I saw it was free I had to download it simply for the nostalgic value. I may leave a comment sharing my opinion on this game after playing it, though I’m not sure yet.

Anyway, from the looks of this game it is very similar to the original however with added touch controls, which could very easily overcome one of my main gripes over the years which was navigating the menus. Anyhow, this game is gigantic as it’s 150 levels in total. The downside to this though is that only 30 levels are actually free. To gain the others you have to pay a small amount for 90 extra levels (here in Britain it’s £1.99) and then there’s an additional fee for special levels (which in Britain costs an additional £0.79). If you’re a fan of lemmings or puzzle games in general; I’d recommend this.

Here’s a gameplay video:

Bullion Blitz seems to be a rather fun puzzle game which the player taps on gold pieces to earn currency and can possibly buy upgrades or something similar with said currency. Again, I haven’t played this prior to this article so what I write here is merely speculation.

Here’s a video of some gameplay (please note that this video contains two games: Lemmings and Bullion Blitz). The Bullion Blitz gameplay starts at approximately 3:50 into the video.

Note: PSM is available in Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia. If you live outside of these areas, then you may be unable to purchase any of these games.

For now these are the only free games on the PlayStation Mobile section of the store though all the games do seem relatively fun. Next week Sony will be making another game free, so let’s look forward to what that may be.

Stay tuned.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. CSW72’s avatar

But PSN is still very very slow (in Switzerland during Saturday afternoon… 2 Hours to install newest PSN Store update of 12MB…

2. Silverh@mmer’s avatar

More free games and exploit homebrew/isos limit space if you dont have much room on your card.They’re probably just trying to get more memory card sales. Once they reach their goal I’m sure they’ll try to make everyone update due to their “bug fixes”.

1. Yukon’s avatar

These games aren’t free. Lemmings is $15.99 and I don’t even see the other games.

1. Tonakai’s avatar

You’re looking in the PlayStation store and not under PlayStation Mobile.

The lemmings you see is the PSP Essentials version, which is not what I’m talking about in this article.

3. xoombie503’s avatar

one thing to note is those mentioned games are free forever(lemmings and bullion blitz and everybody arcade) the six weeks six free games are paid games that will be offered for free so lets nor get confused here.

1. Tonakai’s avatar

That is a very good point that sadly I missed during my article. Thanks for the clarification.

4. silkyskeeter’s avatar

these games been free for months……

1. Tonakai’s avatar

Yes, but many people don’t know that. I myself didn’t really look into PlayStation Mobile section of the store until this morning.

I merely wanted to inform other people.

5. Zeuso’s avatar

Lemmings and Bullion Blitz were already Free in the first place

1. StanSmith’s avatar

But lemmings you will have to pay for the levels in the game. Its got IAP. :(

6. RenWren’s avatar

I’m not sure about bullion blitz, but lemmings and everybody’s arcade were free long before the maintenance outage.

1. Sawao’s avatar

Exactly, some people should check the mobile store and know what they are talking about lol.

1. Tonakai’s avatar

Okay, you and others have clearly misread this article, so I will clarify now to save confusion for anyone else who reads this article.

The point of this article was not “these games are now free”. I did not once state that these games have only just become free since PSN is back up.

The reference to PSN coming back up online was firstly to let those who are unaware that it is online know and secondly to introduce the fact that I have now looked into the mobile store.

I simply told people what games are currently free. I did not state that these games have not previously been free, or that PSN coming back online was in anyway related.

Put simply; the point of this article was to tell people that A) that PSN is online and B) that there are other games than the one from my previous article free on the mobile section of the PlayStation store.

7. ironchefion’s avatar

I bought klondike on everybody’s arcade. and i HATE THAT IT REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION in order to be played. A simple card game that requires internet? I can’t get online when i am on the go and i want to play klondike. i can’t stand that.

8. man_of_power05’s avatar

yea those games were always free and i don’t consider everybody’s arcade to be free since you have to pay for everythign and its pretty much a demo. bullan blitz is the same way but i like it and its only $1.50 for the full game

9. nCadeRegal’s avatar

Nice read bud, and very informative. I dont understand the hostility of some of the people here, but I would like to thank you for this news article. Good luck and thanks!

10. RiotDX’s avatar

Might as well at least “order” the games on my PSN account even if I don’t plan to download and play them on my Vita. That way if they end up being not free later on they’re still assigned to my account as downloadable.

11. VagosDJ’s avatar

How can i go to psm? I can’t find it and I am in Europe.

1. Tonakai’s avatar

Open PlayStation store and look at the top right. I’ve highlighted it in yellow.

1. Tonakai’s avatar

Sorry, completely forgot to actually give the link:

1. VagosDJ’s avatar

I have only the game option.

12. huz’s avatar

who that man fix link psn store
    my account as downloadable

13. Razorbacktrack’s avatar

These games where already available for the download since December (if I remember well) in Italy

14. Owl’s avatar

I just bought Pink spot leg massage.

<_<

15. p staffo’s avatar

WTB jailbroken vita

16. EJ’s avatar

Thanks, didn’t know about these free games.

17. eighthdayregret’s avatar

I’ve DL’d all of those games, and while they are a good way to kill some time, Bullion Blitz is really the only one that you’re not gonna be disappointed is a demo.
    I can’t say I’m a fan of the misleading way in which they’re listed as “free.”
    They need to be labeled as demos.

18. JonathanH’s avatar

They added Wake-Up Club.

Geez they had a whole bunch of Japanese Voices and English Voices in the Original, but decided to remove all the Japanese ones.

I think they cut a couple out of themes out too and monetized them for 0.25.

Geeeeez

19. Frank’s avatar

These games were free since a long time… You’re late ! :)

20. nero’s avatar

my psn says an error occurred (NW-2454-5) the hecks going on? it was just working 10 minutes ago.. does anyone else have this problem?

21. xerorane’s avatar

They also added the ability to buy with paypal now which is a great convenience. :)

22. devilmax’s avatar

yah they make a maintenance but here in saudi psm is available screw sony for not giving access to other country.

23. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

Those have been free for quite some time, lol. I’ve had Billion Blitz since before Christmas and Everybody’s Arcade since WAY before that =p Being bored looking through the PSN is fun xD

1. Tonakai’s avatar

Yup. I was just letting people who didn’t know about them being free know.

24. Christian’s avatar

still not available in other country. are they planning to released to other regions?

25. online games mario’s avatar

Admin
    that’s very cool article

26. เรียนพิเศษภาษาอังกฤษ’s avatar

I don’t know whether it’s just me or if everyone else experiencing issues with your website.
    It looks like some of the text within your posts are
    running off the screen. Can somebody else please
    comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well?

This might be a issue with my internet browser because I’ve had this happen previously.

Cheers

27. Http://Www.Pinterest.Com’s avatar

I pay a quick visit every day a few sites and sites to read posts, however this web site offers feature based posts.

Stop by my webpage :: Drag Racing Hack (http://Www.Pinterest.Com)

28. game online’s avatar

I always emailed this blog post page to all my contacts,
    for the reason that if like to read it next my contacts will too.