Six Weeks and Six free PSM Games from Sony.

As of today Sony are giving away a free PSM game away each week for you to enjoy. This can be used on various devices such as the PlayStation Vita, Sony Ericsson Phones or their Tablets.

The first game to be released is a Samurai Beatdown; which is a sidescrolling rhythm game in which you play as a Samurai and defeat your Enemies to the beat. Rather simplistic, but can be incredibly fun if you enjoy games from this genre such as Hatsune Miku, Dance Dance or even Patapon (though this game lacks the RPG Elements of Patapon sadly). That said, you don’t really have to be a fan of Rhythm games to enjoy this game.

Here’s a video of some gameplay:

To download this game:

• Open up PlayStation Store.
  • Go to the PlayStation Mobile section
  • Choose Games
  • Choose Music/Rhythm
  • Download Samurai Beatdown

Note: PSM is available in Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia. If you live outside of these areas, then you may be unable to download this game.

Stay tuned, there will be another game released next week so remember to download it soon.

Leave a comment and tell us what you think of this game.

Enjoy!

Tags: , , ,

1. oO Flowzila Oo’s avatar

Hmmm… Sony is being nicer than usual. Where did they fuck up? What did they do?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Where? Everywhere.

1. Kitzuki’s avatar

PSM is available in Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia. If you live outside of these areas, then you may be unable to download this game.

1. Tonakai’s avatar

Yup, I distinctly remember writing that. :P

2. Vitality777’s avatar

So that’s where they screwed up. These games should be freely available for everybody, no matter where.

1. Darenvy’s avatar

Haha its suspicious when sony gives out free games XD

3. Hellgun’s avatar

Reason why even in Brazil i use USA PSN.
          more expensive to transfer money to PSN, but it worths.

2. i_am_a_random_dude’s avatar

dude…

3. RedHawk02’s avatar

Sony needs to give games, they fucked up on everything. The expectations for the Vita were not met, especially with the launch price + memory card price + game prices and they haven’t exactly come out with the greatest titles for us in the past year and a half or at launch. The Vita has been a bit of a disappointment. A lot of people don’t want CFW on Vita because they feel for some reason it’ll destroy it but Sony should really consider opening up as this may increase sales of the console, even though PSP clearly prospered even with CFW and only about 5-10% of users actually used CFW,

2. MikeBeav3r’s avatar

Thanks for the heads up :)

1. i_am_a_random_dude’s avatar

No problem dude, just keeping it real.

1. >_>’s avatar

He wasn’t talking to you, dude.

1. >_>’s avatar

d0000000000d!!!

2. BigCockSurprise’s avatar

Where’s my car dude?

3. lost’s avatar

we can dll them without update ps vita fw ?? i’m on 1.8. ty

1. Tonakai’s avatar

I’m afraid not. You need to be connected to PSN, so it’ll force an upgrade.

1. JeoWay’s avatar

I use Charles when i’m testing. It won’t force an update if you know how to use it. I use it to bypass PSN and not get banned when testing CFU.

2. gunblade’s avatar

try to use to ps3 it wonts me to upgrade my psn to 1.02 will it mess with trnafering my ps vita games i already have to the vita if i upgrade the appp on the ps3

1. asmith906’s avatar

If your vita is already on the latest firmware I don’t see why you wouldn’t update your ps3.

1. gunblade’s avatar

still on 1.81

4. Sazzie’s avatar

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 ME EVEN THOUGH IT’S NOT THE 17TH YET
    IT’S TO MAKE UP FOR MAKING US WAIT 3 YEARS FOR WAKE UP CLUB

1. i_am_a_random_dude’s avatar

dude, shut up

5. weasal’s avatar

that sux ass im in nz and we dont get the free games i get the psm update but it just says waiting to install

1. TINGT0NG’s avatar

same here bro, from nz to and unable to get it

6. i_am_a_random_dude’s avatar

Look at me ma, I’m bold!

But no seriously where can I download more ram for my PS Vita?

1. i_am_a_random_dude’s avatar

You can’t, idiot.

1. i_am_a_random_dude’s avatar

says who?

1. >_>’s avatar

Time for your meds, dude.

2. ???’s avatar

You’re talking to your self again dude!!!

3. Theredbaron’s avatar

Don’t listen to this dumb mofo DUDE.

You can DL more ram here http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

1. ???’s avatar

DUUUUDDDDDDEEEEE!!!!

2. Onni Härkönen’s avatar

You can download it from freeramvita.com. end of the sarcasm :(

7. i_am_a_random_dude’s avatar

You do, you asswipe

8. Someone Else’s avatar

For a phone game, this is really fun!

9. Vibrocil’s avatar

Here in Belgium (Nl account though) we haven’t got PSM but there’s a new subsection called wholesale in the PSN Store…

Features:
    Table Ice Hockey €0.99
    Table Top Tanks €0.99
    Everybody’s Golf €3.99
    Everybody’s Golf 2 €3.99
    Everybody’s Tennis €3.99

Some known titles :p

10. JonathanH’s avatar

Alright, wheres the contract where we sell our souls.

11. Skars’s avatar

Browsing for Samurai Beatdown, I found some more free games at PSM, one that caught my attention was Everybody’s Arcade, ia s japanese game, but through the interface is possible to understand the games.
    @PSN US.

12. Lawthugg’s avatar

i got lemmings from psm like a month ago (usa)
    they usually have 1 free game in there just gotta check it often

1. StanSmith’s avatar

Lemmings is free unless you want to play on anything other than easy then you have to play in the app itself.
      There are a few PSM games like that. They are free with In App Purchases.

I hate IAP on any platform. The sooner they crack it for PSM the better.

13. Onsokumaru’s avatar

Wow this great. Thanks for the heads up.
    Samurai Beatdown is pretty awesome. I love the music.

Forced touch controls is lame and the design is a bit flawed. Like, those birds sometimes make no sense to the rhythm.

14. E’s avatar

I am quite upset, I paid 4 this game around Christmas time. Granted, it was super cheep but even still, that sucks. The game is awesome though. Beautiful graphics and quite fun. A bit on the easy side though.

1. asmith906’s avatar

the game cost like $1 come on people stop being cheap. Also this happens all the time on IOS

15. walala’s avatar

FUCKkkk Taiwan PS Store!!! no PSM!!
    ASIAN PSN BULLSHITT!!!

1. William A.U.’s avatar

Lol Come to the US :p

16. fatman01923’s avatar

Thanks Tonakai for the great post informing us. :D Downloaded right now, will be my first PSM game to play.

17. RzmmDX’s avatar

Damn, I hope they don’t start updating the firmware.

18. Link’s avatar

Was thinking of updating than I seen how bad the free game is… No thank you, I will stick with 1.81 cfw for now.

19. Zonic’s avatar

Sony, giving away something for free? *Smacks himself in the face several times* What is this madness? I won’t complain, but it seems so out of character for them.

20. JonathanH’s avatar

You should read the fine print whenever you agree to Sony.

1. McLoven’s avatar

LIKE ^^

21. silkyskeeter’s avatar

Think its because PSM isnt kicking off like Sony wanted (mostly because most developers on the forums got pissed off that they couldnt just make games JUST for PsVita. And, instead, have to make sure their games are compatible across ALL PSM certified devices… which crushed the dreams of ALOT of the developers that were planning on making games for it)

1. Tonakai’s avatar

I agree with you here. They seemed to think that PSM would be a hacking deterrent too, so they’re trying not only to get a bit of publicity to people may spend more time on it but also since they started charging a ridiculously high price for you to even test your games on your device (it used to be that you got the dev software then could transfer your games straight onto your Vita. Now you need a dev license that you have to pay annually for) they need some form of incentive.

22. blahblah’s avatar

ITS A TRAP!!

23. McLoven’s avatar

I read about this somewhere yesterday, and I’m gonna ask the same question as kindly as possible.
    Does anybody have any idea if/when PSM is coming to South Africa, the EU store? (T_T)

24. Acid_Snake’s avatar

LOL I made the same article and didn’t realize it was already done by you

1. McLoven’s avatar

lol, u snooooz… u looooz

2. McLoven’s avatar

I guess this is where Tonakai says: “1st”

And that Ladies an Gentlemen is the only appropriate time to use the phrase “1st” :)

1. Tonakai’s avatar

1st. :D

Anyway, on a serious note; I did notice that, Snake. Sorry! :P

25. CowgoMOOO’s avatar

Samuri beat down is obviously the next exploit -CowgoMOOO!

26. quetz’s avatar

cool :D thanks for the info ;) i got for free also Bullion Blitz from puzzle section

27. Unmolested Ex-Catholic’s avatar

Rhythm/dance games are fucking stupid its for Autisic kids. I’m a real gamer unlike most of you and I say Rpg’s is where it be at. Lol

1. Karma Kontrol’s avatar

Define “gamer”.
      Ones who games.
      Rhythm and dance GAMES.
      Tch. Fuckin’ idiot…

1. Karma Kontrol’s avatar

One*

2. wololo’s avatar

Dont feed the troll :)

28. xSpectrum’s avatar

I guess I’m the only one who updates for PS+ games here?

1. silkyskeeter’s avatar

PS+ is worthless on Vita, unless you dont own Golden Abyss or Gravity Rush.

29. gunblade’s avatar

um i got free games with psn plsu will theses free game have time locks on them cuz i got like wipeout fo the vita an it has had like a month to play n since i dont have psn now i guess is wy it wont let me play them on the vita

1. asmith906’s avatar

PS+ last as long as your subscription does. It’s like netflix. You wouldn’t expect to be able to watch movies if you stopped paying for it right?

1. gunblade’s avatar

ooh bumers…

30. DeadPixel99’s avatar

It’s 12:10 Eastern United States , PSN is undergoing maintenance possible update imminent?

31. mlc’s avatar

Why is your forum full of suck ups? =( lol

I’m willing to read a defense of anyone, b

1. mlc’s avatar

(lol, I’m also apparently unable to type on a netbook booo)

Why is your forum full of suck ups? =( lol

I’m willing to read a defense of anyone, but the most common defense here seems to be “such criticism is out of bounds and no matter what you say it means you’re an entitled child.” Or, as fate6 quoted while closing an off-topic thread (as opposed to just noting it was off topic), a bunch of “ungrateful 12 year olds.”

Guess what? Adults can defend themselves and should be able to deal with criticism without lying about the nature of that criticism, or tarring people who disagree with them. Extremely weak and biased moderation, and a bunch of people who seem to me to hold a belief because it is popular rather than due to the merits or reasoning for such a belief. It’s sad.

1. mlc’s avatar

Ack, looks like fate6 was merely quoting to say that “off topic” was the reason for the lock, so I must retract my criticism of his/her actions; they were not insulting or biased. The rest is still accurate with my perceptions of many of the arguments I’ve seen here.

1. Dawn knots’s avatar

Lol tl;dr
          Have a great day!

2. Someone Else’s avatar

Yeah, but when someone makes you something for free, purely to give enjoyment to others, you really have *zero* right to criticize. Criticizing or demanding improvements of any type, *is* childish. There’s no way around that.

Politely suggesting what you think “could be” a “cool feature”, is another thing. Even then, you can’t complain if they don’t add it.

1. Someone Else’s avatar

And I also wanted to point out that it is adult behavior to point out childishness and entitled criticism, because to mature individuals these things are very off-putting. It is absolutely right for them to call you a 12 year old if you criticize.

A mature mindset will realize: “Really? Someone worked on this for months to bring entertainment to the masses, and you’re gonna poke holes in the parts that aren’t good enough to you?”

What adults don’t do, is look a gift horse in the mouth. Just pointing out.

32. Sofoklis’s avatar

I am from greece and playstation store is under maintanance….. so i couldn’t even try downloading the games….. Damn….

33. Karma Kontrol’s avatar

I tried this and wasn’t a huge fan. Patapon is pretty fun though, I’d recommend that one.

34. AsDraS’s avatar

In switzerland the playstation store is under maintenance..

35. mikebeav3r’s avatar

seems alrght, wanting tye next game already though as i just beat all the levels today :)

Mike..

36. owanef’s avatar

its been a while since we heard anything about the psp project uOFW. i would love to hear more info on this. bring us news wololo :)

37. gunblade’s avatar

psn doing maintanace right now…

38. JonathanH’s avatar

Where is wake-up club how else will I time my ramen noodles in the microwave?

39. Jose’s avatar

What’s the point if these free games, if we can’t even access the damn store?

Retarded.

40. Lion_Amongst Men’s avatar

The PSN store will be extended to Am tomorrow morning Follow @Playstation on twitter to get your information on incoming games and news from Sony Entertainment (http://twitter.com/playstation)ys

they posted this 2 hours ago

41. huz’s avatar

:( EU LOST? SIGN IN PSN store
    THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE
    (NP-2238-5)

42. Electric Penis’s avatar

The PSN was hacked again, morons. This is why we have free games and we cannot even access them.

43. shenmue’s avatar

Hmm… I think Sony is trying to trick us into downloading these freebees so they can patch up UNO exploit!

44. qwazed’s avatar

Whats more retarded is that you can’t even check facebook cause you got to log in to psn first.

45. Owl’s avatar

yay, free stuff.

46. azio’s avatar

still undergoing maintaince wtf 48h

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It’ll be back 9pm est.

47. migueltio’s avatar

most likely a new patch…

48. Zeuso’s avatar

Are the PSM Games Emulated on the VITA, can that be Hacked

49. Zeuso’s avatar

They are killing the “Playstation Brand”, for now it be
    called “Sony Entertainment Network”.