The ARK Guide: Tutorials, Tricks, Tips and More

Jd8531

I write about news, tech and other interesting things. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. IrealiTY says:

I hope there will be an alternative content manager soon. Putting my homebrews everythime through the CMA is really a pain, as it syncs everything and not only the new stuff…

• Kyu says:

Well….once you have everything moved in a different folder inside the vita,you can delete the excess and only transfer the new files.

(…I should make a backup of my current exploit,as having to setup plugins again is a pita)

2. Twenty90seven says:

Looking forward to a port for the Urbanix exploit soon!

3. TuckDezi says:

I’m getting a “bad zip” error when i try to extract on both links i tried

4. William A.U. says:

Nice tutorials. Will help out a lot for the newbies. Great write.

5. StanSmith says:

The main trick I would like to know about ARK is HOW do I get ISO/CSO to show up straight away?
    Will there be a patch for is there a way/tweak I dont know about?

I dont want to hunt for them every time I goto ymenu

• Kyu says:

The auto-moving feature of TNmenu was indeed nice.As is right now,I recommend manually moving them with the Filer homebrew or the built-in file browser of pyMenu.

• Someone Else says:

Use something like PSPfiler and move them to PSP/GAMES. It’s really easy.

• StanSmith says:

I did that and when it reloaded they were back in ISO.

I then deleted them and copied them to PSP/GAMES via FTP and again when it reloaded they were moved to ISO again.

6. jvhellraiser says:

i think i should shared this tiny info
    for those that use L+R+START+DOWN and
    the ISO freezes,the problem is cwcheat
    i dont know if everyone knows it but when
    you press R trigger + start cwcheat takes
    a shot of the screen,i find out that when
    you press L+R+START+DOWN in one way you are
    telling cwcheat to take a screen shot too.
    now to the problem,you are making the ISO
    to freeze this way,cause you actually telling
    ARK and Cwcheat to work at the same time and
    that’s a no go. cause believe it or not you are
    pressing. L+R+START+DOWN+R+START <- get it???
    to fix this press select and access cwcheat menu
    go to settings go to button configuration and where
    it says take screen shot press X then O from now on
    no more freeze when you try to exit and ISO/CSO by
    pressing L+R+START+DOWN, thank you,thank you!!! i know
    iam the best XD LOL

7. Kyu says:

Ehm,the plugins on ARK use on/off,not 1/0

8. vhblfans says:

i hope run psx games have sound!!!

9. RicSnp says:

ISOs will show up on ARK home screen if u store it via zip, send it over through CMA(if CMA, in a different savedata folder because i haven’t been able to find the exploited one when i browse through ARK) and extract it… no PSP.ZIP, just store the .iso file itself. secondly, with ftp, drag an iso to ms0:/PSP/GAME/ it should also show up on Ark homescreen

• StanSmith says:

Doesn’t work. You cant drag/drop with the Vita.
      You have to delete then copy again via FTP.

And when I copy ISOs to PSP/GAME when it reloads ARK the ISOs move the the ISO folder, they are no longer in PSP/GAME.

10. amazing says:

amazing plugin tutorial…. >.>

11. Kenster240 says:

I only have a 4gb memory card so it’s hard to get multiple games on it. The best way I’ve found is to copy the games to the Vita is to copy them to my old PSP (which has a very jittery analog stick) and use Adhoc File Transfer to send them over. For me it takes about 1-2 hours to transfer 1gb to my vita with FTP!

12. Someone Else says:

Regarding “PSX game support” this article says “ARK should have sound soon.”

Is there any actual info behind this?

The only info I’ve seen implies that only ColdBird was working on sound, and that had been abandoned.

13. I gots my joint on 1.81 and Im running urbanix I been giving paypal cash to these hacker crakkers I expect some compatibly with that game to run this hack.

14. peter good says:

the psx game Alien Trilogy is run good on ARK but no sound but one day will be sound

15. Someone Else says:

Do the comments go screwy for anyone else?

Like they’ll roll back to an earlier date, and a bunch of comments go missing for a few hours?

16. ironchefion says:

there should of been a definitive tutorial on how to install cheats. i see many people in the forums having problems with it… including myself

17. JonathanH says:

Could you post the file structure for Isos?

Is it WAGIC.ZIP/WAGIC/EBOOT.PBP?

18. JonathanH says:

How do you install FTP Vita inside of ARK?

There’s no file structure in this tutorial making it pretty much a block of text.

19. abdou005 says:

Until now, I don’t see any difference Between TN and Ark. maybe in the future. but for now, I prefer TN :)

20. zakaiya says:

Just gunna stick with my psp, it was definitely nice to enjoy cef on the vita but i’m good. Keep up the great coverage and work!

21. lidoror says:

somebody could upload a file for cwcheat that dont work for me ?

22. RedHawk02 says:

How do you add DLC??

• eighthdayregret says:

Same as always.
      NPLoader in ms0:/SEPLUGINS
      DLC in ms0:/PSP/GAME

The only change is that you need a PLUGINS.TXT in the exploit folder.

I hear some DLC is kinda spotty on ARK, though.
      I personally haven’t had any problems.

23. black cat says:

i dont understad the part in the plugins “add one or more lines” <.<

24. G470 says:

can draw or take print is how the plugin system? nothing I do this *** works! Email me
    l_p_s@hotmail.com thank you!

25. RicSnp says:

I Still use seplugins folder and i get mine to work for cwcheat and mhp3rd english patch by adding these strings to PLUGINS.TXT:
    umdemu,ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx,1
    umdemu,ms0:/seplugins/mhp3rd_loader/mhp3patch.prx,1

26. chris says:

hey i think u guys need to re-write the article and give some examples on how to zip the files for psx and homebrew like you did for the unbrix cause its a little confusing at the top.

27. Gluegun says:

there might be a possible way to install psp homebrew
    to the live sceen on the vita, the common paths on the
    eboot SKFU sent on the web, (GO TO HIS WEB SITE BLOG IF
    YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IM SAYING!), all you need is, PSPFILER,
    and look in the bgdl folder, notice its empty?….
    well i purchased a psp game, and the way for a standerd
    ps vitas psp is kinda need a *some random char*.pkg, mabey use
    SKFU pkg extractor and, (well you need development skills
    right here) compile a psp homebrew then make a pkg file,
    build like this, sce_sys/package/work.bin >> head.bin >> stat.bin >> body.bin its clear the body file (if you are testing this,) the body file is a build for the other folders like /game/icon0.png and param.sfo, and the EBOOT.PBP IS RIGHT THERE! :O. saying this, i well try to
    compile a “PSP MINI” homebrew, copy sonys psn downloader link and check if i can host the download link to see if i can link a downloader to see if my pkg well install,
    (if you dont know what im saying again, download pspfiler
    and purchase a psp title like GTA psp).

28. Gluegun says:

if it works! :D, im going to make a psp downloader
    for the selected homsceens or hbl, mabey a psp booter,
    😀 so many to choose!!!!!

29. David says:

Hey, since UNO was removed from the psn store, is there a way that i can share my UNO? Like i bought it, but my friend doesn’t have one. Can i share mine with him? Can i give him my UNO but still have mine?(Original) Reply ASAP!

30. RicSnp says:

Will not work

31. jesusxkristin13 says:

thank you for these tutorials they help me a lot

32. Kefkiroth says:

Is ARK really “competing” with TN-C? I thought hackers appreciate advancement in the scene.

33. Gluegun says:

the way ps vita share downloads, i well put it at that,
    the “share content” the fucken purchase ticket,
    is for 2 device i think, but if you add the psn account
    to your friends ps vita id, mabey that well work,
    i have 2 ps vita, mabey getting a third one for the
    hack so we users wont feel all locked down at some poits
    in life, (kinda bad for the health to always stay at locked
    down feeling) its like a very deep jetlag, sory i dont want that!.

34. DeadPixel99 says:

Hey the only thing i cannot figure out with ARK is how to get back to the menu , example in TN-C when im done playing a psp game i can hold start for a few second and get back to the menu and load another game, in ark i constantly have to reload uno to get back to the menu, anyone know the short cut?

35. Gandalf says:

How to remove the games folder ISO vita to my computer?

36. they forgot to mention that you can play patched iso’s with ARC

37. shaitan says:

Great info, especially cutting video content from psx games. Although I’d really like the option to just drop plugins into a folder then an easy enable/disable option, I can be pretty lazy lol.

38. anon says:

Dumb questions.. The ISO games you guys are mentioning are PS VITA ISOS or PSP ISOs?

I have a PS VITA with Mad Block Alpha hack so should I update or not?

39. Jd8531 says:

“CEF will let you play PSP Homebrews and PSP backups on your Vita. It does not allow you to play pirated Vita games, or PS Vita native content.” Do not update, youll lose your exploit and UNO has been removed from PSN.

40. traveller says:

Is there any way to view/change options in ARK? Like the ISO driver, caching, CPU speed, etc.

• eighthdayregret says:

No need to, I hear.
      But if you’re having issues with those weird games that require default PSP settings and whatnot, TN-C has those options.
      ARK does not have any way to modify those options.