The ARK Guide: Tutorials, Tricks, Tips and More

Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. Jakesiesvita says:

Excellent how to guide. Thanx

I have installed ark on my vita and no issues thus far. Really awesome. Thanx to the team for the great work.

Personally i think is good if there is compention.

But both firmwares are awesome

2. BrokyPR says:

can i see umd.iso movies on cef?

• Jd8531 says:

I am actually not sure about that, that’s a good question. I think you can if its not an interactive one, you’ll need to copy it and move it to the Video folder in ARK.

3. IgnusArmagadan says:

Are there any places to download themes for ARK? The main thing that’s keeping me from going to ARK is how plain it is. Yeah, it’s got better compatibility, but everything I use on TN-C runs just fine. If I can get it looking better than a black screen with white text, I’ll go ahead and install it.

• Jd8531 says:

Yep if you go to the tip under how to install ARK I explain how to make your own and where to get some :)

• IgnusArmagadan says:

Ah, thank you! I somehow overlooked that last block of text :p

• IgnusArmagadan says:

One more question, though with my luck, might be explained in the article as well. I assume that if you wish to, going back to TNMenu is as easy as just copying the save for TNMenu over the ARK save and loading up Uno. Is that true or is there some kind of process you have to go through for that?

• RicSnp says:

If i wanted to revert to TN I would just change the two last letters/ numbers at the end of the savedata. I have both TN and ARK installed, I just changed the last 2 numbers on the savedata exploit folder i don’t want to use so i don’t get mixed up.. and this can be achieved using pspfiler

4. IgnusArmagadan says:

I wish my icon wasn’t always an angry one, lol.

5. Jd8531 says:

Sadly TN menu isn’t compatible with ARK for now.

6. mja2288 says:

“It is highly recommended that you back up UNO on your computer in case of any errors or issues later on.”
    How do you back up UNO onto a computer?

7. Asch901 says:

This is so hard to do……..it keeps on saying corrupt file. Hence I can’t copy.

Ok..I gotta ask. Please give me specific step by step on how to copy ISO/CSO onto this new ARK.

Zip store games into what folder? Is it per game or the whole game which is inside the folder?

I did everything, but still it says here corrupt file on my CMA. Even the copying cso/iso via uno save folder and try to manually look for the game via recovery method, but I can’t find the cso/iso even. (im x using the FTP way of copying btw)

• Jd8531 says:

Are you sure you read it step by step? Double check, it must be a simple mistake you’re making. Only zip your ISO/CSO. No folders with store compression and all caps. Then put it in another save games folder and copy that save to the vita.

• IgnusArmagadanI says:

What about with Vita FTP? It still has to be zipped? None of my games are coming up anymore, so does that mean I have to delete them all off and then put them back zipped? If so, that’s a lot of hassle for no compatibility boost for my needs, lol.

• IgnusArmagadanI says:

Just tried zipping Crystal Defenders and putting it back on there since it’s a pretty small game. Nope, doesn’t come up. ARK seems to be LESS compatible for me somehow =\

• bibo says:

I was having the same problem. I figured it out… When they say all caps, they mean EVERYTHING.
          ex.
          http://FTP.zip does not show up

http://FTP.ZIP does show up

try that and see if it helps

• IgnusArmagadan says:

They already are since they were there from TN-C which I had to go by the same rules as ARK is going by. Everything IS in caps. All my emulators and homebrew apps work (like Vita FTP and SNES9X). I have 4 ISO’s and 1 CSO, all in ISO folder, 8 characters long, ALL CAPS and they jst don’t show up, not even as corrupted data, as if they don’t exist.

8. IgnusArmagadanI says:

Oh well, looks like it’s back to the old exploit I go…

9. clorbag says:

just a question, finally got my iso to transfer to the save data folder and can find it in ark, i hit install and it says installing, how long should this take? its been like 10 min. its phantasy star portable 2

10. Squall says:

Is it possible to get the copy of UNO you need from the Internet? I.e. not through psn? Ive not updated my vita firmware ever so I’m on 1.8, just need the exploited UNO game.

Is there a guide anywhere on using a FTP programme to put stuff to and from your vita? My content manager wont let me do anything without asking me to update the firmware?

11. clorbag says:

i heard there is a way to share games, i so ill share my copy of uno, and thanks jd i finally got my iso to run just had to wait like 30 min for the game to install from ark.

12. Rafael says:

Boa tarde, como eu sou novo aqui e li varios post inclusive este, não tem como baixar o UNO em algum site, pq consegui fazer todos os procedimentos mas nao tenho o game, quando descobri este post já não havia o UNO na PSN!!!

13. SlayDK says:

hi im new at this,but what do u mean about saving into another savedata in step #4?how come we cant use the UNO savedata for this?

• wololo says:

the risk with using the UNO savedata is that you could mess up with the exploit, which would end up locking you out of ARK. I believe it would work, it just adds risk if you mess up when creating the files.

14. Alex says:

When will you have another ARK CEF (Customer Emulator Firmware) because I just miss the Uno download, so I had to update to 2.05. Thanks & all I got to say is that you guys are brilliant! I’m a big fan of custom firmware like i own a psp with custom firmware. I knew it was gonna get hack & sooner or later theirs gonna be a point where the psvita it’s gonna be fully hacked with more things added!

15. go1den3ye says:

UNO is back on EU PSN. just saying if you haven’t updated to 2.05 yet and missed it the last time.