PS Vita release: ARK eCFW for the UNO exploit

1. patty says:

Not so didffiult i would say to understand the ymenu , but TN is far better

2. patty says:

and speedingup a cpu must be a choice , not al builtin function

3. thatoneguy229 says:

Can anyone tell me how to install ftp to vita with this? I’m completely lost :/

• thatoneguy229 says:

Okay I figured it out, while on TN download ftp and install it then you can download things through FileZilla or another ftp application.

4. Leires says:

Does..does this mean i can finally listen to flac on mah psp? D: D:

• Leires says:

derp, vita..was reading and typing ._.

• Jd8531 says:

To be honest you are better off listening to mp3 320kbs on a mobile device because it saves space and is the same quality as flac on a mobile device.

• Leires says:

I got big bulky headphones i walk around with, though. D:

• fatman01923 says:

Seems you have audiophile tendencies like I do, though like Jd8531 said its just best to downsample. I have semi decent headphones with a nice 40mm driver on them, so I prefer flac on go but usually I do it with my phone when I am not streaming Mp3s from my music server at home. If you have the HDD space, you should make an exact 1:1 copy of your music, one in FLAC, and one in a very high bitrate MP3. Myself I love the sound of V0 encoded Mp3s. 😀

Sorry for the off topic rant. Going to try out Ark now and report some PSX compatibility in your thread Jd8531! 😀

• Jd8531 says:

Thanks! But yea EQ and a decent pair of headphones make a world of difference when listing. But I cant tell the difference between FLAC and MP3/AAC on an iphone or Vita except for a small amount on some albums.

• Jd8531 says:

*Listening -_-

5. 84888 says:

Doesn’t work for me, gives me black screen and then error C1-2858-3
    plz help

6. regine03 says:

Thank you for the release, yet the YS Seven still doesnt work and the CW cheat, the menu shows up but the cheats are blank..

Cheers

7. red says:

can someone help me to get plugins to work? i dont understand how to get the pathing to work.
    i got cwcheat in the seplugins folder in my ms0/psp and then wat? can someone post a file of how they got theirs working?

8. kevin says:

i have no idea how to run an iso in my vita, i have try CAP the title of iso as TN do, but the game is not in the menu when i run ark, and i try hold r+x, but nothing happen, pls help

• hgoel0974 says:

use up and down to browse to your savedata folder and find the iso.

(I can’t believe that yMenu is supposed to be popular yet many people don’t seem to know about it)

• kevin says:

i tried, but still cant find the games, any other suggestion?

• Lion_Amongst_Men says:

The game name must be 1-8 letters all capital (CAPS1234.ISO) if it doesnt display in the YMENU try the recovery menu and launch it through that.

recovery menu (press x and hold R before ARK starts)

9. try_brzy says:

I think there should be a way to get back to the main menu of the loader like total n00b’s menu, where you can choose how long you hold the start button to reload the main menu. <–If that makes any sense 😛 it just gets annoying having to reload UNO any time.

10. StanSmith says:

People SHOULD read before posting. The L+R+START+DOWN was said multiple times on the first page and several more on the 2nd.

PLUGINS DO WORK. Again go read the first page. I’ve posted how they work and also have a look at the original post then look at YOUR mistakes and try again. I’ve seen some obvious mistakes multiple times.

There are still a few questions not answered.

HOW do you customize the menu? It says its customizable but there isn’t a way that anyone has posted yet.
    I’m after a way to show CSO/ISOs without hunting every time.
    Is there a way to change the default folder? It should be ISO not the savegame folder OR have the ISOs show up like the other PSP/PSX games.

If ISOs showed up in the list at the start this would be as good as CEF TN-C but as they dont show up its just annoying and that makes it not as good.

• StanSmith says:

I’m still betting there will be posts after this one asking for a way back to the menu from ISOs.

And a 2nd bet, there will be more “plugins dont work” posts too.

Who whats to bet against me?
      LOL

11. eli_awesome says:

they dont work on tn. datz for sure.

12. eli_awesome says:

shinobido and undisputed are working fine on arc ecfw?

13. Gonz says:

Psn store still has UNO up. Is this a copy we can buy and use for the ark exploit or is it patched?

• wololo says:

It is not patched (Sony don’t patch games, they patch firmwares), but this is surprising that it’s still up… what country are you in?

• StanSmith says:

Its not in the AUS/EU store.

• StanSmith says:

Its stupid as they have the ability to patch games and they do patch games so why don’t they just add the two together and release a patched game instead of releasing a whole firmware for 1 game?

• wololo says:

They don’t have the ability to patch games, since they don’t own the source code. I’m pretty sure it’s a contractual limitation. As far as I know, they have *never* patched a game over an exploit. I used to believe it had been the case for GTA, but they only actually patched the UMD to require the latest firmware at the time.

• StanSmith says:

They do. Go have a look at Little Big Planet for PSP. Its got about 5 updates for that 1 title.
            They can easily enough put those updates into the game itself so they can patch it but they are stupid and patch the full firmware instead. Not the smart way to do things. What if the firmware bricks consoles?

Its the same for PS3 games. Just about every game has at least 1 update and there is no reason why PSN games cant have the update already incorporated into it. Saves a lot of time and download.
            I got a game the other day. It was 1.2GB and it has 3 1.5GB updates. BUT when its all finished its only 1.5 GB total. They should put all the patches together with the full game and release the 1 download.

This goes for EVERY PSN title. They already have the game on their servers and they have the patches so just patch the game and there you go, saves downloads and saves releasing buggy useless firmware updates.

• StanSmith says:

Just coz they haven’t patched a game because of an exploit doesn’t mean they shouldnt start.
            They can patch games so they should. Get the devs who made the game patch it.

• wololo says:

You say they can patch game, you have no proof of that. The patches you are talking about would be easily bypassed, by simply installing the game then turning the network off. I’m pretty sure they can’t force a third party dev to patch their games, by contract, or that has to be a limited request in time, which does not apply correctly for security patches.

They can probably have financial clauses if it is found an exploit was intentionally put there by the devs, or contractually say they will remove the game from the store, but I am pretty sure they have no way to force the devs to go back to their source code, years later, if another, easier way, is possible.
            How about games for which the creators are not even there anymore, such as Motorstorm Arctic Edge? Do you think when a company goes bankrupt, they upload their source code to a place that would be convenient for commercial partners such as Sony to look at and fix?

It is way much more cost effective to patch the firmwares, from Sony’s point of view.

14. WHATtheHECK says:

Hey guys i’m at a total loss on how to use this ARK exploit despite reading the directions and the posts in this thread. I have the exploit up and running, but cannot get FTP software to be recognized, or the ISOs i’m using.

Isn’t it just a matter of putting the files (with edited titles) in the savedata file, and then using CMA to copy them over? But I keep doing that, and nothing new shows up within the ARK exploit. PLEASE HELP! Totally lost.

15. RicSnp says:

umdemu,ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx,1 : this works for me with cwcheat. just add the above string to PLUGINS.TXT then place it in ARK SAVEDATA and make sure the path as in the string is correct

16. Rafael says:

How can I install PSPFiler on ARK? Just dropped PSPFILER.ZIP inside /ISO folder but when I press X it’s not ask to extract it like CEF does.

Thanks in advance!

• Rafael says:

Forgot to tell: I move the file with FTP for Vita who was already installed before change from CEF to ARK.

Motorstorm Artic Edge was unable to run with CEF and now run smooth with ARK. Tried 4 ISOs and 1 CSO without succes, now It’s ok at first try.

17. somepunk says:

Made a mistake, a massive one, when trying to update. Didn’t realize minis get pulled from the cma transfer list. I feel like a complete ***, and now I have a worthless vita with games I can’t touch on it. Pretty angry…

18. crinacle says:

Will there be an Asia exploit available soon? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part? Q.Q

19. guyman says:

This version has a terrible iso extractor.

It’s like extracting stuff with CMD line. urghhh, move your isos with CEF and replace files and launch with ARK.

• wololo says:

Or install the ISOs at the right place directly using http://FTP...

• McLoven says:

I’m with wololo with this one, but FTP takes so long though.

I agree the ISO accessing is more convenient on TN’s CEF, coz it made things more simpler for the Total Noobs out there and I feel ARK caters more for PRO’S(if I may)…with a readme with NOT MUCH tips/guidance… feel what i’m sayin’

I switch from TNs CEF to ARK for the Speed and more games compatibility.

I love’em both so I’m not choosing sides 🙂

20. Vitality says:

Wow…I just realized that in the main menu, pressing up will go back to the previous menu and I can now select the games from ISO folder. 😛

Anyway, it can play the games really good. I used CEF TN before and it won’t work anymore since I accidentally transferred unpatched ISO games in the folder.

21. gta9246 says:

Hey can someone tell me how do i activate ISO/CSO games on this ARK program?
    P.S. I still have ISO games(Patapon 1 and 2) from Total_Noob’s CEF program, but i dunno how to use them in ARK, so can someone send me also that?

reply here or send me a message to: eminemtricki@gmail.com

22. Someone Else says:

Just navigate to your ISO folder, or use Coldbird’s FTP program to move the ISOs into PSP/Games.

• gta9246 says:

dude that doesn’t help me too much… is it the same way as in Total_Noob’s CEF program? if not then tell me how

• Nauman says:

hey
        if u have copied the games by previous method, you can still access them, just press the up button two times and when reached the top, go left until you find the folder named psp, open it and the iso games will be there

23. marko4449 says:

ffs i must be the unluckiest person in the world uno exploit was online for so long and my us psn card didnt come in time ;___; now im here hoping for a new exploit does god hate me or something?

• Lion_Amongst_Men says:

To be blunt whining gets you nowhere every kexploit game has a surface time people who were able to get the game before Sony took it off the market got it by chance

Sony tends to take off the game if not within the hour the game name is announced just give it some time and their will be a new one around the corner

Go to the main page and their should be a “New exploit” if its real than it should be released soon if not before the next Sony patch or shortly after

• Albie85 says:

If any 1 can tell me how to share game download on my ps3 then they can have UNO I know people used to be able to do it but I don’t no if they stopped it??

• Rickboss says:

Dude if youre willing to share youre info id love tio download uno, i was off by a couple of days. add me on psn first and reply…. PSN ID RickBoss-1

• >_> says:

Sucks to be you.

• Anderson says:

YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS

24. Lion_Amongst_Men says:

Please read the comments i talked about this several times you will find the information you need in the comments you just need to take time to find it

25. lidoror says:

how can i install cwcheat on the exploit?

26. Mr Jack says:

Oh god yes.. Im so excited!
    Does this allow Online play through wifi with the Adhoc games such as Monster Hunter Freedom Unite?

• Lion_Amongst_Men says:

YES! 🙂 i was playing Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep and Phantasy Star Portable online and it worked flawlessly with no lagg whatsoever! ^^

I cant speak for other games atm but im assuming most if not all will work fine and if their are issues im sure they will be addressed.

hope this helps!

27. Lion_Amongst_Men says:

Notes:
    -PSP FILER ver.6.6 = Crashes when you press start

-gpSP kai 3.2 = text menu is unread-able upon booting up

-Recovery Menu needed to boot ISO games from save data (Games backed up in the system apear in ISO folder but not new ISO games)

-Ark save data (NPUH10027DATA00) not showing in the YMENU
    ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ The save folder can be seen and ISO games can be launched through recovery menu (NPUH10027DATA00)

That seems to be the only issues I could find

• jony says:

after installing ISO, can’t find it on the ARK menu, i tried to search it even on every folder there but it doesn’t showing up. But you can run ISO through recovery menu..

28. Jekeje says:

but what ps1 games are supported with this custom firmware?

29. TROLLZ says:

So.. how do u put ISO into my vita again…? =.=

30. peter says:

i put a psx EBOOT.PBP game and it the screen go black can any one tell me where to get the Plugin for psx games

31. cosmas says:

Please sb help me! I have open cma,i transfered ark in my vita but when i run the exploit i got this error C1-2858-3.
    I had tn menu and everything was ok but now i only have access to the recovery! Please help!

• Ruggiero says:

Keep calm :), just go to Settings>Data management>PSP> and delete any corrupted data, i hope that you can solve your problem with this, sorry for my english 😀

32. lidoror says:

how do i quit the game?

33. kaiserlufet says:

Finally Patapon 3 and tekken 6 working on ARK

34. slightgrey says:

How do I quit the game and back to PSP menu?

35. mangosteam says:

make 1.81 file aswell for gravity if you can

36. DoombringerLucifer says:

I still don’t understand where i have to put PSX games and if I have still to make them into a ZIP.

37. Dario says:

change cpu clocK in ARK cfw psp in vita 2.02?

38. cscash241 says:

Any chance of a back-port to the tn games like SC3?

39. Pluralitas says:

Is there a way to copy the iso from the savedata to the game folder just using the Ark’s recovery menu. It would be nice if its all in one package

40. krystabegnalie says:

so far so good, legend of legaia works in the ark fw, though no sounds i can live it without it for the moment hehehe