(Video) PS Vita’s USB, the worst design ever?

1. TheZekku says:

oh your not alone i completely despise the usb plug for the vita i mean cmon sony just use a standard usb for the vita do you really need to make loyal fans buy special plugs for quite possibly the biggest failure of a console you have ever made.
    Do you really need more money?
    i swear sometimes i think about sucking it up and just selling the vita and buying a psp again -_-

2. jd20dog says:

my vita and psp go are the only devices i have that havent had cable problems
    my ipad has been replaced 8 times, damn piece of over priced *** there

if your having issue with plugging it in backwards, you just need to mark it better, like use some elmores glue to make a bump on the front of the plug so you can feel the front

ive never plugged it in backward yet

3. GlueGun says:

i think sony *** when they see a firmware changer
    bloging about the ps vita, because you cant insert it the other way…. (A Sony designer, do’s it fit, you got it the wrong way xD) it’s just a change to the input, why cant we
    change like the other ones? i always ask my self…. is it
    because there Hygiene or NOT Have it for others?, besides sony dont you have the revenue at the trillion? release the ps vita
    signed execution please! i wanna play N64 Portable!.
    and like 3gig downloads are boring because you change to the other what 2.5 gigabyte downloads? it looooooong!!! and gameplays are short, not much environment to go to.

4. Now we know your name is Erwan. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. asmith906 says:

I’ve never had this problem. Mine has to be forced in the other way. It’s really not that hard to figure out which way to plug in your usb.

6. Yololo says:

The problem I have is keeping it upright while watching Neflix or videos. Which is seldom.

7. wololi says:

If y ou where stupide wololo what should we do forme y ou mothherfuuckef ???

8. ??? says:

this is a rant uidiot!!!

9. >_> says:

Yeah Sony always has to be special and use proprietary designs in each new product. In any case I just make sure the PS symbol is facing up and I have no problems.

10. ๐Ÿ™‚ . . Erwan is your name wololo?

11. Anderson says:

I just got a brand new Vita, and the cable WILL NOT go in if I try to do it backwards, so it must be an issue with earlier models.

12. EJ says:

Never really had that much of a issue with that, mostly just my own mistakes and not double checking, which I still hate though. I wish it was just like any other USB or at least PSP type of hook-up and be able to charge my Vita with it plugged into the comp.

13. red says:

have u guys noticed its the same cable from the psp go?

14. kupomogli says:

I haven’t had a problem with the PS Vita’s AC/USB as you speak of it. Not once, but I’ve heard people who have.

Though I don’t like it much because, just like the PSP, when using it as a charger, it’s on the bottom of the device itself. Being on the bottom of the device the cord ends up getting more in your way, also not allowing you to be as far away from the plug as possible because it has to reach to the opposite side. If it was at the top of the device, it would be hanging off the back, away from where you’re playing, you’d also be able to play from further away, not too much further, just a couple/few more inches, but still, further. It wouldn’t waste two to three inches of cord going under the system. If you were playing the Vita upside down, then it’d be better designed, but the Vita isn’t meant to be played upside down.

15. Luis E Alvarado says:

I have the First Edition Bundle (3G), and I have plugged it in wrong, once or twice, but I tend to realize it is pretty quickly.
    It is a design issue, since they did fix it with the newer bundles, but that’s what you get when you are a (somewhat) early adopter (japan got it first).

16. Chipokomon says:

Wololo is ugly but he got nice looking hands. ^_-

17. Unmolested Ex-Catholic says:

Every device in the world has some kind of flaw. lol

18. ChemDog says:

The first time I plugged my Vita in it was the wrong way, and I was freaking out that I was going to damage something.
    Really bad design, they should have just went with either way works.

19. stavrosomo says:

Relly bad design! Happens many times on my friends PSVita! It is really annoying when you get problem because the cable is plugged in the wrong way. My friend bought the PSVita few days ago but still have the same problem!

20. David says:

This has happened to me before but it is kind of obvious, first you can feel it when plugging it in because it doesn’t go in as smoothly. And I would not have checked all that stuff you did, the cable on the vita would of been the first place I looked. I also agree though that they should of made it to where it can only go in one way.

21. pSnDeaofly says:

I just don’t have this issue, I got my Vita in June for my birthday and plugging the plug in upside down is a no go. It just WONT GO IN UPSIDE DOWN?!?! It really must be older units cause my unit stops the plug from being inserted the wrong way.

22. IgnusArmagadan says:

The first time I ever plugged my Vita up to the charger, it died because I had it in the Vita the wrong way. I totally agree!! Terrible design.

23. man_of_power05 says:

um…other cable types have to be plugged in the right way. its not a big deal. it won’t even go in upside down. if you try to force it, it might damage the vita, the cable, or both.

24. Romu says:

I watched the video and I laugh again xD It’s like me as each time i wanna plug this awesome USB cable ๐Ÿ™‚

25. TheDeadlyTwo says:

Interestingly enough, it appears that it’s absolutely impossible to place the charger cable into the WHITE PS Vita backwards. I tried intentionally after seeing this and just couldn’t get it to fit in there.

I guess they figured out the possibility of doing this and fixed it when they started releasing the AC3 bundle.

26. HerperOfManyDerps says:

Lol actually I haven’t plugged it in wrong yet ’cause I just look for the little logo first, but then again I can’t put it in wrong since I have the white Vita and I’d have to really force it in

27. Mikudayo says:

Hmm well there’s a reason why the dock exists, it helps to connect the vita on an easy way, its miserable 10 bucks and it comes with a line out direct, why suffer plugin the vita in the air.

28. GuitaristMatt says:

It doesn’t charge very well through the PS3 either

29. Slimjim3k says:

I wonder if it would be possible to hard mod a Mini USB port on this thing like how you could mod an original xbox for using thumb drives on it.

30. TheSpillmonkey says:

I have a release date vita (USA), and it really only fits one way. There are small guide tabs on the cable that fit with grooves on the vita itself. It probably COULD fit the other way if i forced it, but there is easily enough resistance to know “don’t do that”.. on my unit anyway.

31. Red says:

Come on, guys. It’s not hard. The cord doesn’t go in very easily when it’s upside down. Even in the video. At the end. He had to like, force it in. His hands shook as he was doing it.
    Maybe I’m the only one in the word that DOESN’T have issues with this? >_>

32. neil says:

I use a dock so I run into no problems haha

33. Tonch says:

I never had a problem with this really– I always notice the “PS” logo on the top of the connector, so I don’t think I’ve ever put it in backwards. As far as I remember, anyway.

34. Bob says:

never happens to me

35. Tony says:

Holy *** Wololo. I came here for the Vita stuff, stayed here for the articles and Wagic. Thanks my friend.

36. Bronze_sword says:

I got the 1st edition middle in america, I pulls the usb in and you have to put a little force to make out go in upside down

37. ray says:

Whaaaaat? is it possiable to plug it upside down? haven’t notice that yet
    u must be use the CMA very often, so that the socket getting lose.

and Thank u for ur effort for homebrew&anything on PSVITA

38. Mars says:

I’ve never had that problem. Can’t plug the cable in upside down at all in mine.

39. Chozzehnwahn says:

I hav a first edition vita and i do that all the time. Its quite annoying actually

40. Lightning says:

Clearley the guy in the video is a ***, just insert the cable with the ps symbol facing up it really isn’t that hard…hope this guy damages his vita’s charging port and when he breaks it he’ll be regretting doing this to the vita, just sayin

• fingloi_x3 says:

I agree with you,
      the video speaks to itself…
      sometimes wololo is a ***…
      he should know the reason why sony put its logo on only 1 side of the cable.