(Video) PS Vita’s USB, the worst design ever?

You may also like...

1. shagrath says:

I never read the manual so I never knew about the logo thing.
    I am a bit delicate in handling my new gadgets so I look at the plug before inserting it every time(like what you do with a USB cables).
    I believe it really is a flaw in the design. Memory cards etc. also have visual indicators but I believe they will never get in the wrong way. I will prolly get an OCD if I have to make sure about those things every time too.

2. ASD says:

I have a question .. but you couldn’t create an app (with a leak) with playstation Mobile Development Program. And then through this application hack the ps vita ??
    p.s
    sorry for my English

3. Klowned says:

Hey don’t read n1nurt4 in through the Comment Box

4. bronz_sword says:

has anyone noticed that uno is STILL on us psn?

5. zoraktorok says:

Hey, guess what? My vita has been shipped off again… this time due to either the power port or the internal battery I’m guessing the battery , thing can be charged for 16 hours and have about half charge that lasts 30 minutes… NYKON battery grip won’t charge it fast enough. Second one I’ve had so a 8 month lifespan with no way of opening it up to change it means its going to be 120 per service call after the first year..

btW, i tried 2 diffrent usb cables ( frontwards and back):->
    USB power suply off/on
    Plugged to pc/ps3/power
    NKYON battery grip
    Format system.

Oh well, I guess i’ll get another NEW one and get to set it up as well…. just better have 2.02 on it :->

6. Inali says:

I have two launch day 3G vita’s, and I *tried* plugging in the USB cable upside down. Doesn’t fit. You people are clearly shoving it in with excessive force and breaking it!

• Inali says:

Launch day NTSC-U, USA model!

• VoidKeeper says:

No, we’re not, look into your slot, is it a perfect rectangle with the pins in the middle, if so, refer to your plug and see that it’s a PERFECT rectangle, there’s some grooves on the plug, but not on the slot, there’s NOTHING preventing the plug from being put in it reversed. At least not on my PSVita there isn’t.

7. ragna says:

i cant even plug in the USB cable backwards… i dont know if sony revised the vita (i have the white one from the ac3 bundle) but there are 3 grooves on the plug where i can only plug it in one way (the correct way)

8. felly117 says:

I got a PS vita at launch in Japan and this happens to me all the time.

9. Yamiroqaou says:

I don´t think so, actually it seems the best for me…

10. Josh says:

lol i do this all the time it sucks when u do it to charge it just to find out the next day its still dead and u cant take it out with u…. -_-

11. wtf says:

proprietaty usb designs ftw? nope

12. Sakuryu says:

Got mine from eBay, zero problems so far :P

13. Aardy says:

Ive never plugged it in upside down before. BUT I do hate how the plug is on the bottom of the unit. I want it up on the top, so I can plug it in and play at the same time. With the plug on the bottom, either the cord is bent in a 180 degree angle, or the cord is running between my legs. To me, that is the worst part of the design.

14. Erik says:

I hate the fact that when the battery runs out, you cant just plug in and keep playing. rather, you need to first charge the thing for a few minutes…

15. Edzo says:

ive never put it backwards. the logo makes it very difficult to put in wrong imo. never checked on my japanese vita as i just use the same u.s launch cable

16. t3 says:

Initially I don’t think this can be done but as with all little connectors surrounded by thin flexible metal shields. over time the shield loosens allowing the hack job key grooves to fit where they shouldn’t.

1st *** that says I forced it gets the dunce award because I fix computers for a living & know better. Had this been a standard mini or micro USB connector we’d not be having this conversation. heck if they had at least key notched a solid corner it’d be better than this kludge.

17. riyaz says:

lololol umad bro?

18. n1nurt4 says:

Hey, don’t track mud in through the kitchen.