Frostegater updates the UNO exploit, fixes crash at startup

We are constantly looking for guest bloggers at If you like to write, and have a strong interest in the console hacking scene, contact me either with a comment here, or in a PM on /talk!

You may also like...

• jfalcon says:

Thank you for the work you have given … and do my humble donation and all would be good to make some continue with future patches.

Donation: $ 5.00

Thanks again, I’m from Latin America and works in SPANISH language!

Just a query … I have a set of PSX1 SFEXPLUS2 in EBOOT (perform ZIP as the tutorial) but I get error 2858-3 C1-startup.

Then I can no longer use the exploit (so press start for several seconds), I have to close the game UNO completely.

What did I do wrong?

1. chu says:

thank you very much for the exploit! :)

2. Dark says:

Thanks for all!!!

3. Rafael says:

The only changelog is about the language used in the system or is there any other thing?

By the way, Thanks for the exploit!!!!

4. khairul says:

thanks so much..

5. MilouMasquay says:

Thanks for the fix and your awesome work !

Merci :)

6. Mk. says:

7. Troll.Face says:

Perfect…. :)

8. Carlos Lawliet says:

9. exequiel says:

TNX for the fix.. but pls help us to run DUODECIM its not working.. help pls..

10. tryonmydream says:

^^~* together we can

11. DS_Marine says:

Link to user 173210 post gives 404 error.
    Also thanks to xiaolin, zer01ne, MaxiExtreme, Frostegater, Wololo an all the team for their hard work.

12. asura says:

can you upload the uno game i realy want that exploit but i dont have the game pls.

13. Much better now see people with smile on their faces with this fix….

14. Cercata says:

Thanks to all sceners !!!! This afternoon I will try it :)

15. Tony86 says:

aww man, i missed out on Uno by 1 hour =[ i really wanted to play my FF Crisis core again. will this work again on the next Ninja Release (if there is one).

16. D0r1t0 says:

Thanks for the exploit , already enjoying :)
    Donated a little cash , but its something more than a stone.
    Btw didnt know he is russian )) _/ CCCP Dabai Za Bratan

17. stepenlu07 says:

how about psx games is there any fix for that? btw thanks for the fix.

18. MaxiExtreme says:

@Tony86 – Try US region still available until now… DO IT QUICKLY!!!

• Tony86 says:

I would love to but i purchased a £10 psn voucher and redeemed it on my EU account and dont have any money left for UNO in the US store =[

19. quetz says:

thanks it works 😉

20. sasuke1981 says:

i’d love to have a sound fix for ps1 games also :) then will be perfect

21. Dovlek says:

So this is the same TN-C Firmware just a different exploit? TIA

• wololo says:

Yes. 2 new exploits actually, the UNO game is a new Usermode exploit, and the Kernel exploit being used is new as well

22. l.o says:

23. secretxcss says:

can i use this exploit without buying the uno gsme from psn??

24. vahab says:

Hi Wololo thank you about Exploit
    Can u tell me How i can Use Playstation 1 in Firmware 2.02
    i Try but i dont know how exactly
    Pls Help me
    pls send in my E-mail

25. watch this tutorial if you have any issues :

26. bane says:

For those who dont own this uno game yet, please do so for the god sake…else, u might regret it coz we dont get many opportunities like this..maybe months from now on for the new exploits to be go grab it fast…

27. cucu says:

uno still up in us

28. whatever says:

trails in the sky is not working, i haz a sad :(

29. TIAGO says:

30. TIAGO says:

31. XPG-Xatoku says:

Does This Also Fix The Crash When Trying To Load S4inexCraft 2.1? If It Doesn’t And You Need Details To Fix It I Try To Start A New Map, I Get Stuck At Load Screen And I Eventually Get A Message That Says

“An error has occured.”

I Hope I Helped Reporting This Issue If It Hasn’t Already Been Adressed.

32. Albo says:

i had this problem kinda
    but i just ran UNO a couple times after it crashed and it finally worked and i had to set it to english
    i havent had a problem since

33. red says:

Hi my vita cef keeps crashing when i try to change menu theme from the original to ymenu, vmenu or pymenu please help… also is it safer to transfer iso with open cma or ftp server?

34. Czarcasm says:

i changed the meny to ymenu is there a diffrence?

35. MarZ says:

It was working for me the whole time. <3 frosty

36. Aces says:

I’m on 2.01 and this appears to work fine, well the TN menu comes up, on site at the moment but will test some brews when i fly back into civilisation this afternoon.

37. exequiel says:

HELP ME SIR TO PLAY TEKKEN AND DUODECIM.. Pls wololo help me.. i want this game, other games are ok but tekken and duodecim is not working, pls help me.. T_T

38. XPG-Xatoku says:

@Albo Nope, its still not working… It really sucks because i did all this *** so i could play S4inexCraft 2.1, And i did have a psp but it was stolen. This Really Sucks. -_-

39. DoombringerLucifer says:

This exploit is able to run the Psx game in EBOOT.PBP? Because i’m trying with Castlevania and always appear the C1-2858-3 error.

40. carsauce says:

Its still shows US language for me, so meh Im fine but to be safe I will download the update.

41. Jon Huebert says:

I’m using the latest version of the UNO exploit for my US PS Vita. I have a copy of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix that has been translated to english. The problem is that even though it’s now in english, it’s still a Japanese game and won’t play on my US Vita. This isn’t a problem on my psp though. That’s a US PSP but it plays Japanese games just fine! could someone add support for this to the UNO exploit?

42. Yojimbo says:

Nice release! Though I tried running my backup of Dissidia Duodecim and it just gave me a blank screen, when running it from the TN menu. Im guessing it still needs some kinks to work out? Or maybe the kink is me?

43. Silverh@mmer says:

Any idea why my emulator homebrew stops extracting on my vita at 0%? Besides that, my ISO/CSO stuff works fine.

44. andreea says:

✰Do you own a psp/ps3? Check this video YOU will not regret:

45. exequiel says:

my problem now is where to download untouched iso.. to play my dissidia duodecim.. help me guys where to download duodecim.. ^_^

46. Qhryszchan says:

After copying the savedata, i run the UNO game it goes like this:

“An error has occured.”

What should I do in order to play ISO/CSO games?thanks!

47. l.o says:

how to put the gba emulator on the exploit?

• Laserking7 says:

Easiest way is download PlayStop Network, download the emulator you want, extract the .ZIP from the .rar file, and merge whatever roms you want into the .ZIP file before copying to your vita. I just zipped the gpsp kai emulator I had on my PSP Go with all my roms and saves, works just fine too! :)

48. l.o says:

tekken not working what to do?

49. Asch901 says:

Is it possible to install PSP’s EBOOT.PBP to my vita? I got Dissidia 012 eboot… With the whole folder of course.

50. Asch901 says:

So a modified ISO/CSO can’t be launched with this emulator? It must be clean?

51. Pronwan says:

The Crash at startup was solved by setting the language to english.
    Is it possible – with this patch – to keep the system language as it was? (in my case german)

52. Erikson says:

Everything works just fine ,but i cant run no ISO games ,only CSO ,and not all of them …:(

• satyrangeluz says:

check where u get that isos, i have isos running, dont know about csos cause i dont like the format, try using full isos, mhp3rd runs patched. BTW tested all titles from A to G and all running ppl

53. Pichaku1 says:

Is it possible to make this exploit available for a free game? Like frobisher says or jetpack joyride?

54. Shippo says:

with this one i getting an error code (C1-2858-3)

what does this mean ?

55. sharam says:

I tried dissidia 012 but it gives me a black screen

56. sharam says:

Dragonball tag team black screen why????? some games work some dont

57. Skars says:

Guys I have a little problem, will be grateful if someone could help me with that.

My girlfriend got hooked on this game, I make a backup for her savefile, but now with the exploit, It can’t switch profiles, and if the game is run after the exploit, inside TN menu, crashes.

ATM I have two choices:

– Transfer her savefile to PSP 6.20 TN-C, or
    – Switch between savefiles (exploit and her one) everytime I’m or she wants to play.

There is any other way to make her savefile live peacefully with my exploit without all this hassle?

Thank you.

58. dudebro420 says:

Sup bros the only game that is giving me problems right now is Valkyrie chronicles 2. Every time i boot up the game i get a black screen any tips?

59. Crizizcor says:

Any one can say me if maybe who have the gravity crash exploit can update to 2.02 and use the gravity crash exploit ?
    thanks and sorry for my bad english

60. Nani says:

I missed my chance this time, luckily i found UNO from Indian PSN (even being ASIA), I have a japan credit card and it dint accept .I deeply regret from my Heart. Could you please tell me that there would be any exploit in future for me n users who dint get it unfortunately :'(

61. dejera says:

The games “Patapon 3″ and “One Piece Romance Dawn Bouken in Yoake” for example, don’t work. These are some games 5.00 M33-6 or higher that don’t work…

Anyone know how to make it work?

• satyrangeluz says:

oh please, just get the full unpatched iso, not that 300mb patapon. i know that 1.4gb hurts but i have tested over 100 games and no problem. u can google BAHAMUTH releases torrents

62. chen says:

I have tried to exploit my psv and the first time I was successed, but after i cant use it, please help!

63. Vitality says:

Looks like I probably got some kind of problem that I can’t get to fix now. So, I need solutions from the admin and the others

>I did everything mentioned here and the exploit runs just fine
    >The first time trying the exploit, I only have Wagic Homebrew, no ISO/CSO files yet, but Wagic can be played
    >I read some posts here that it’s better to use FTP for Vita to transfer backup PSP games
    >So, I inserted FTP Vita application and I can get it to run perfectly fine
    >I have one game to test first, which is The Sims Castaway and it has been renamed as SIMSC.ISO in my PC
    >In FTP Vita, I copied it into MS0:/ISO folder
    >Once copied, I exited the app and it turned into black screen and then error
    >Then, when I tried to launch UNO again, the BLACK SCREEN APPEARED
    >I have deleted, copied the UNO save data + exploits from the fresh start and the exploits is never happened again; I’ve got black screen

Now, what should I do? Could the problem occurred because of the game that I put in ISO folder before? Now, I can’t find a way to access ISO folder in MMC and delete the ISO.

64. Leona says:

Just a note, FTP isn’t the best option because I’ve had failed transfers twice in a row now, and when an incomplete ISO file is in the folder the exploit will not run.

I am still getting that error with the patched edition, what I seek is a version that allows me to FTP delete the ISO folder and start over, possibly a version that does not read the ISO folder on boot at all.

Just a request, if anyone is willing to help me fix my inability to run TN-C exploits any more.

65. riku580 says:

Uno exploit still up, it’s under Uno PSP. I’m impressed it’s lasted this long in us Stores.