Release: CEF TN for Vita Firmware 2.02 with the UNO Exploit, by Frostegater

Important update: it seems for the EU version, you need your console to be set to English language in order for the exploit to work. I’m sure Frostegater will look into this, but in the meantime, if you use the EU version, please switch your console language to English!

Happy new year again! We eventually got convinced to not wait any longer and release the files for Frostegater’s port of Total_Noob’s CEF for Vita Firmware 2.02.

As a reminder, this tool relies on an exploit in the PSP Game UNO. You must own a legit copy of the UNO game on your PS Vita Firmware 2.02 in order for this exploit to run. CEF will let you play PSP Homebrews and PSP backups on your Vita. It does not allow you to play pirated Vita games, or PS Vita native content. To summarize, CEF does what a CFW or a HEN would do on a PSP.

Installation / How to use

Installation and how to run are explained in the readme, but for the sake of it:

1. Extract the zip, and copy the folder that matches your version of the game (EU, JP, or US) to your content Manager PSAVEDATA folder. For example: My Documents/CMA/PSAVEDATA/1234567890abcdef/NPEH00020DATA00
  2. It is recommended to install OpenCMA, although until Sony releases a new firmware, the regular CMA client is ok too
  3. Copy the UNO savedata to your PS Vita with the content Manager
  4. run UNO on your PS Vita, and press X (or O) to continue, this should load the exploit

What next?

Now you’ll want some homebrews, and an explanation on how to install them. You can find a good selection of PSP homebrews here, and we explain how to install them on CEF here.

For more, head over to our /talk forums, where I’m sure many of us will be sharing tips, tricks, and pre-packaged homebrews that will run out of the box for this exploit.

Download

Before (or after) you download and run this exploit, please consider making a donation to Frostegater below:

You can also donate to Total_Noob on this link.

If for some crazy  reason you want to donate to me for the awesome job I did coordinating the ninja release, please donate to the Red Cross of your country, this will make me and you feel even better about this hack :)

The files can be downloaded here. If you are seeing an old version of the download page, try this link instead.

Please report success/failure in the comments below or in the forums. I’ve tested the files several times myself, but a mistake is always a possibility.

1. IkneedHElpp’s avatar

Is there anyway to download this game for free?

1. Kurosaki’s avatar

no, only buy it

2. Ohlongjohnson’s avatar

hey guys watch my short tutorial

its very easy :

3. AlexFot’s avatar

Can someone explain to me whether or not CEF and VHBL are the same thing cause most psp homerew I see on wololo download say packaged for VHBL

4. Not stressiN’s avatar

Just wondering if I’m supposed to be waiting on a new version of VHBL for UNO? Tried one of the old ones, didn’t work so well..

5. fdsgsdg’s avatar

where u get game that works on ps vita CFW my Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend.Cso not works any one know?

6. carsauce’s avatar

I now wonder if SONY will once again put out another firmware and have force the Vita to upgrade again, and then rinse and repeat? but for now meh 2.02 my Vita is once again fully alive with online support.

7. Deadly_f0es’s avatar

do you know if you can still watch videos on youtube after you put the exploit? Because i love watching videos on youtube on bed and I use the PSV because of the HQ OLED screen

8. ryan’s avatar

can someone please tell me why I can install the PSP games,it’s said that I don’t have enough free space although I still have 27 GB free space!? what the hell

1. billybob’s avatar

@ryan this is how i get it to copy. first i copy 1 game to the folder, then i unplug the psp and try moving it over and if the game does not move then i plug it back to the PC and copy a 2nd game to the same folder, leaving both games in the save folder i then copy it to the psv, you should then be able to move both games to the game folder.

9. ryan’s avatar

I mean “can not install the PSP games”

10. ryan’s avatar

can someone please tell me why I can’t install the PSP games,it’s said that I don’t have enough free space although I still have 27 GB free space!? what the hell

11. Crizizcor’s avatar

Any one can say me if maybe who have the gravity crash exploit can update to 2.02 and use the gravity crash exploit ?
    thanks and sorry for my bad english

12. picyu11237’s avatar

Thank Frostegater.
    Thank Wololo.
    I enjoy it.

13. goalkeeper99’s avatar

what if sony update to 2.03 or higher , can i still play ragnarok or cod online using 2.02 ?

14. dejera’s avatar

The games “Patapon 3″ and “One Piece Romance Dawn Bouken in Yoake” for example, don’t work. These are some games 5.00 M33-6 or higher that don’t work…

Anyone know how to make it work?

1. wololo’s avatar

Wait for project ARK

1. dejera’s avatar

Thanks, I await
        The Wololo team did a great job, congratulations!

15. peko’s avatar

To download an English patch, I need to softmod my Vita. Does this firmware work like a softmod? Well, it’s suppose to be a download for a PSP game. Does the vita even need to be softmodded?

16. jdubz’s avatar

Sorry for the noobness, but has anybody been able to successfully play n64 or snes games on this exploit? They use to play fine on 1.81 using mad blocker. The emulators install fine, it find the games fine, but i can’t get them to load. Anyone?

1. Razor’s avatar

I want to know also If the N64 and the Snes emulators work fine on the new vita exploid. They work fine on Moster Hunter unite. 180

17. malik’s avatar

can someone gameshare uno wif me plzzzz……..

1. malik’s avatar

someone pllzzzzz reply

18. natalie’s avatar

my PSN account is in HK store.
    n i cant change another region.
    so can i buy it in Media Go n install it in PSV???
    will that work?
    or any way to change region, i tried what youtube have, it is not working…

1. natalie’s avatar

oh great UNO is down from US store now

19. DragonBorracho’s avatar

how do you delete iso/cso you already put into the memory card?

20. cesa’s avatar

eu to na conta americana eu não emcontrei uno pora nem uma na conta americana so se os hacuers colocarão na psn e retirarão no mesmo dia com download

21. ecristobal10’s avatar

guys! ok so im pretty sure that im not the only one that cant play ps1 games on CEF tn 2.02 so after some research i found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwqBo_faAIk
    (sorry if i cant post videos.) and it shows a download link PSX Add-on for eCFW TN-C so ima give this a try… does someone know if this actually will allow us to play ps1 games?

22. Christian Young’s avatar

On this exploit does the ad hoc feature work on iso back ups? I own the tekken 6 umd and i want to play multiplayer on my vita.

23. Roninkai’s avatar

Hello all. Would someone please confirm whether or not the Gravity Crash Portable exploit still works for fw 2.02? I see the game is still in the PSN Store. I thought they would have pulled it if there was an exploit. Thank you for your time.

1. wololo’s avatar

No, it won’t work. That exploit was for 1.81

24. Roninkai’s avatar

Ok then, thank you for your swift reply, sir. Maybe I will be privvy to the next exploit.

25. jake’s avatar

who wants sony to let us play psp games on a ps vita for free…????
    its easy,but we have to work together(the whole world).
    there is just only 1 step:
    step1;don’t buy and use any sony product. so nobody is buying sony’s product
    than sony want us to buy their product,then we say allow us to play psp
    games on ps vita for free (teach sony their lesson)
    if they won’t do that,fine we still won’t buy their product.
    so GUYS lets go to the XBOX360,WII U.nitendoDS
    than sony will be jellouse and than …. they will allow us.

26. Dorie’s avatar

Fine way of describing, and pleasant article to take information
    on the topic of my presentation focus, which i am
    going to present in academy.

27. terryass’s avatar

hi,

im still on uno exploit 2.02 and psp games works great.
    thanks to all you guys how make this happends :-)
    i want to ask ya if ist possible to Play snes or Genesis games with this uno exploit. downloaded the Emulators but dont no how to install them . pleas help

28. t.zaw’s avatar

i just bought UNO and did all the steps shown above. in CMA, the save datafile is shown as unknown type. ( bcuz usually you can see the game logo )
    and in the UNO game , it says the file can’t be loaded because it is corrupted.
    i juz updated my ps vita awhile ago. is that because of system software 2.12?

29. degtr’s avatar

can i reinstalling system software 2.02?? i can’t also put uno on my ps vita because don’t find it…what i have to do???

30. one piece’s avatar