Happy new year! PSP Game UNO vulnerability revealed by Frostegater, port of CEF To Vita 2.02 incoming.

Uno-exploitAfter a long time of waiting and a weeks-long Ninja release, Frostegater’s exploit is finally revealed to be in the PSP Mini  game UNO. UNO joins the growing collection of PSP games with a buffer overflow vulnerability, and if our experience is to be trusted, Sony will remove it from their stores within 48hrs (although we hope the holiday season might help delaying this…), so hurry up and get it.

For those who just join us, developer Frostegater announced a few weeks ago that he would be porting Total_Noob’s CEF to Vita Firmware 2.02. CEF is a piece of software that allows users to run PSP Homebrews, plugins, and backups within the PSP emulator of the Vita. Since this is not official Sony software, it relies on flaws in some specific games in order to run. This time’s game is UNO.

But well, if you’ve been following this blog, you know what CEF does and why you want it, so if you are interested, hurry up, and get Uno now. Let me emphasize again that if you are interested, you want to buy that game now, not tomorrow, not in 2 hours, but now, as you don’t know when Sony will remove it from their stores.

The Game is available in the US, JP, and EU stores, but not in HK based on the reports I have. For those who are in a store where the game is not available, you can create an account in another country, and order a PSN code online. I will not promote any of them, but feel free to share your recommendations in the comments below.

If you do get the game, do not wait to install it on your Vita. A typical mistake is that people will buy from their PS3, download it to their PS3, and not install it to their Vita immediately. This does not work, as Sony has the possibility to remove the game from your download list, technically preventing you from easily copying it from your PS3 to your Vita.

Frostegater’s files will be released on this site as well as other scene websites in a few days (in general we wait until the game is not available in the Sony stores anymore), and until then, here are a few videos from Frostegater and myself showing the exploit in action.

1. Assassin1982’s avatar

Great work been with the tn and the other cfw on psp and now can’t wait for the UNO one also happy 2013

1. salvador edwards’s avatar

i i bout the game on time. i start it and instead of taking me to the homebrew i end up on profile.. it say “CREATE PROFILE”. m i missing something? tell me if i need something easel beside buying the game… in new in wololo..

1. Jd8531’s avatar

You need to wait for the files to be released to do anything, just check back for them ;)

2. deckardbr’s avatar

I doubt Sony cares about the sales numbers on Uno plus not that many people even know about cfw, its a pretty small community. Also they pulled Monster Hunter Freedom when vhbl was released and that was one of the top games on psn. Happy New Year also!

3. TheSpillmonkey’s avatar

Is there any reason to update other than PSN access and PLUS access which will go away with the next update anyway? The madblocker game was cheap and is super fast to load. Should I just stick with that if i dont care about PSN?

4. Mr. Magoo’s avatar

I am just amazed that the amount of comments for one blog. This would have to be a forum record. I am so glad to part of history in the making with over 25000 registered users. This is history in the making. ;-)

5. Someone Else’s avatar

*Free Jetpack Joyride in USA right now!!
    Free during New Years Eve!!
    Grab it now. Just making a note in case
    anyone didn’t know.

1. GreeNinja’s avatar

thz dude! lol

1. Someone Else’s avatar

No problem. I almost missed this myself, until stumbling across a random forum post. I hope everyone who wants this can find out *now* and grab it.

2. jrazorman’s avatar

thanks man!

6. 天神’s avatar

无聊。。。!vita拿来玩psp游戏。早前因为好奇把Gravity carsh买来玩不到1个月psp游戏。现在买了psn+觉得跟好。

1. china’s avatar

别给中国丢脸了。。

1. Foolish天神’s avatar

We Chinese have shame on you!!!

1. Strong.Team’s avatar

Your English is very well!!!!
          你的英语很不错!!!

2. China’s avatar

第一 破解的人没拿你的钱
      第二 破解的人没逼你破解
      第三 破解无聊你是个人的看法,在这里被分享的这是一种资源共享精神,让更多的人有机会来开发这个平台展示自己的才华,你要是觉得无聊你可以自己来破解了psvita游戏 展示给大家看看你不无聊。
      这种话去给sony留言吧 好好舔鞋底 别来这里撒野。

7. exequiel’s avatar

can i play UNO while waiting for the exploit?!..

1. exequiel’s avatar

isnt it ok?

1. Fiozzo’s avatar

Of course, guy.. :) Tanti auguri a tutti..!! :)

1. exequiel’s avatar

tnx ^ _ ^

2. JJJAGUAR’s avatar

Yes, you can

8. GENERALboonGAHH’s avatar

Happy new yeea boongaaaah!

9. Weno’s avatar

well i got the game still so … i cant wait for them to release the files… i wish we could have full control and play vita games off the card… but still a great exploit as is …

1. n1nurt4’s avatar

you can already play vita games off of the card, by buying them off of the psn store. Or are you one of those people only interested in stealing?

10. ionwave’s avatar

I think next year we are gonna see a lot progress in the vita next year is going to be the year of vita

11. HeroEduard0’s avatar

Is still available! 23:45 hora del centro de México! Happy New Year to all!! Feliz año nuevo! :D

12. Lite_Xela’s avatar

Il fut un temps ou chaque peuple parlait sa propre langue, je vois que cela disparait…

13. jianonline’s avatar

Happy new year!

1. n1nurt4’s avatar

no one is going to send you anything what are you even…

2. blahblah’s avatar

i will send you prawn.

3. un3gr0’s avatar

Spambots… TAKE THEM!!!

Lost your email…

14. Geezernort’s avatar

Still on the UK PSN Store as of 06:46 GMT.
    Grab it quick, Brits, you’ve still got time!
    Happy New Year, community!

15. shagrath’s avatar

Dame! I think I have refreshed the page more than 500 times since they made it public just to see if the files were already released.
    I wonder what Sony and Frostegater are thinking… Both playing dumb? LOL
    Yeah yeah, it could be that sony is still figuring out if this is just about “ploit for money” and frost is just waiting until everyone gets the game.
    So will it end up to who draws the last card?

16. BobDole’s avatar

you mean HAPPY NEWYEAR !!!

17. satyrangeluz’s avatar

Happy New Year from México!!!!!!!
    Yes, spending the HNY eve here!

18. exequiel’s avatar

please kindly release the exploit hehe ^_^

19. xoombie503’s avatar

and it begun..game has been raised to $25 omg

20. xoombie503’s avatar

you fools begging for the files are the first ones to update once sony releases 2.04 or something

21. Kenster240’s avatar

Happy New Year! May this year be full of eCFW and Hacks all around!

22. nightwish33’s avatar

cmon!!!!!!!!!

23. mecksg1’s avatar

people chill out. the exploit will be out soon. and we should all be lucky frostgate is giving it to us to yu. he doesnt have to

24. Redsabre’s avatar

I think that Sony is just letting the people buy the game, while making a force update so the people that already hacked the ps vita can either update or stay on same firmware.

1. un3gr0’s avatar

Do you work for $ony??

25. Zels’s avatar

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

26. Trololo’s avatar

Files will be released soon, calm down people.

27. fingloi_x3’s avatar

when i buy my vita last october, i upgraded it to 32gb in order to put huge psp homebrews. also i put huge amounts to my wallet in preparation for this exploit… only knowing that UNO is not available in HK store…

I have 600HKD in my wallet..
    Im fucked!!…

28. slur’s avatar

What if Sony, doesn’t take it down (0.o)

29. lipton-T’s avatar

k, well it’s been 48 hours… game is still on JPN PSN, and i’m hearing its still on others. ..48 hours was the planned limit of time for them to remove the game from PSN, so why not just start releasing the files now… maybe sony is on holiday till tomorrow. who knows. if so, the game wlll be pulled either way tomorrow. might as well let people hop to it.

30. huz’s avatar

Hi , new year happy 2013

Different wifi file 4 fboot.pbp

Do need Internet Hbl store fboot.pbp on PS vhbl uno Frostegater’s exploit 2.02

31. Redsabre’s avatar

Calm down people we are all going to get something good in the end. -_-

32. dim sum’s avatar

no dim sum for you jack chan

33. YellowSteak’s avatar

Can the psp emulator play every iso/cso?

34. fingloi_x3’s avatar

give me the tools frost.. i will find an exploit that is also available for Asia…

35. jrazorman’s avatar

Hey Everybody’s Arcade is free in playstation mobile site on vita!

36. exequiel’s avatar

send it to my email pls exequielwiz@yahoo.com.ph happy new year tnx

1. un3gr0’s avatar

ok, will send a torjan horse!

1. exequiel’s avatar

ahahaha

37. Onnz423’s avatar

I beg you please release the files im so excited LOL.

But i will be waitin :)

1. un3gr0’s avatar

So wait. Stop trolling.

2. blahblah’s avatar

im more excited to see ur mom’s tits.

nerd…

38. Poland Nazi Team’s avatar

Wololo say
    Apologies:If you are seeing this message, you are one of the few people who did NOT see the 2.02 ninja release. This is not because you have been warned or anything like that, but because of a bug in the release process, coupled with a human mistake on my end (wololo). I want to apologize for this, and I hope you will still be able to get the game (UNO PSP) in time. I’ll do my best so that such an issue does not happen again next time.

39. Angora season’s avatar

It does not hurt to wait
    After all, who can now expect to wait a little longer
    great job
    what matters is that I bought the game yesterday
    happy new year

40. Angora season’s avatar

não faz mal esperar mais um pouco
    o que importa é que ja tenho o jogo
    feliz ano novo

41. Gamer’s avatar

where is the CFW for Uno exploit? @@!

42. vahab’s avatar

why u dont Release Wololo
    pls realease we can Wait
    Pls Harry Up Wololo
    PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1. un3gr0’s avatar

Wait MF!!!

Just Wait! you wont die if wait 3 more days!!!

1. blahblah’s avatar

dude let him jump off the building

43. mikie_the7’s avatar

Hey people , so now what game is everyone looking to play , ,

It’s petsona2 for me :-D

44. carsauce’s avatar

Happy New Year’s 2013 North America and also rest of the world!, I am still on 1.81 an enjoying custom firmware, as I don’t need online for now for my Vita and playing PSP games, but I wish you the best for others who finally get to have a chance to get this as well to play homebrew and psp games, and the ones who miss out again on this, let’s just hope that wololo and frost and everyone else on this scene keeps up with the fate of custom firmware for the Vita=) enjoy people enjoy so much 2013 is here!

45. Frostegater’s avatar

Sory guys, i decided to not release the exploits because i dont want too lol..U guys has been scammed..hahaha..please donate me 100usd if u want the exploit. lol.

1. un3gr0’s avatar

you are not frostegater…

Respect to Original…

For you??
      Nothing, you are so little that you cant even be yourself.

Thanks for the original frostegater!

2. blahblah’s avatar

i want to donate u 100usd, please give me your name, DOB, bank account & home address details

46. mikie_the7’s avatar

Em … Was that actually frost who posted ?

47. carsauce’s avatar

That wasn’t the real Frost, that would just be wrong, whoever you are stop trolling.

48. mikie_the7’s avatar

I don’t think he would INSTANTLY destroy the scene like that … Troll

49. Rodge’s avatar

Happy new year!
    It’s still available in the EU store!

One question: if I want to use a second memory card for a different PSVita user, registered on another unrelated PSN account, do I have to buy the game a second time for this account, in order to use the exploit with my second user?

I guess, the answer is Yes. Too bad that I don’t have a second memory card at hand. Hopefully it’s still available tomorrow when the shops will be open again….

· 1 · · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 ·