Happy new year! PSP Game UNO vulnerability revealed by Frostegater, port of CEF To Vita 2.02 incoming.

Uno-exploitAfter a long time of waiting and a weeks-long Ninja release, Frostegater’s exploit is finally revealed to be in the PSP Mini  game UNO. UNO joins the growing collection of PSP games with a buffer overflow vulnerability, and if our experience is to be trusted, Sony will remove it from their stores within 48hrs (although we hope the holiday season might help delaying this…), so hurry up and get it.

For those who just join us, developer Frostegater announced a few weeks ago that he would be porting Total_Noob’s CEF to Vita Firmware 2.02. CEF is a piece of software that allows users to run PSP Homebrews, plugins, and backups within the PSP emulator of the Vita. Since this is not official Sony software, it relies on flaws in some specific games in order to run. This time’s game is UNO.

But well, if you’ve been following this blog, you know what CEF does and why you want it, so if you are interested, hurry up, and get Uno now. Let me emphasize again that if you are interested, you want to buy that game now, not tomorrow, not in 2 hours, but now, as you don’t know when Sony will remove it from their stores.

The Game is available in the US, JP, and EU stores, but not in HK based on the reports I have. For those who are in a store where the game is not available, you can create an account in another country, and order a PSN code online. I will not promote any of them, but feel free to share your recommendations in the comments below.

If you do get the game, do not wait to install it on your Vita. A typical mistake is that people will buy from their PS3, download it to their PS3, and not install it to their Vita immediately. This does not work, as Sony has the possibility to remove the game from your download list, technically preventing you from easily copying it from your PS3 to your Vita.

Frostegater’s files will be released on this site as well as other scene websites in a few days (in general we wait until the game is not available in the Sony stores anymore), and until then, here are a few videos from Frostegater and myself showing the exploit in action.

1. xoombie503’s avatar

hehehe

2. kokoshi2’s avatar

MY FIRST FIRST LOL YES HAVE FUN BEGGARS

1. xoombie503’s avatar

try again? fail

2. tom’s avatar

oooohhh 2ND , Burn

3. Mr. Magoo’s avatar

EPIC FAIL, lmao

4. criticalmass’s avatar

using all caps on (not) first, lame

5. >_>’s avatar

Like the number in your name, you were SECOND lolololol. Guess you should’ve used kokoshi1 eh??? :P

3. xoombie503’s avatar

didnt expect this today as sony will update the store monday

4. hgoel0974’s avatar

now is when waiting gets hard :(

5. zeroluxe’s avatar

first and comon, realease the files already! its new years after all!

6. #18’s avatar

Just got it in time!! YEAH! Ready for the files!

7. MaxiExtreme’s avatar

Sweet! I salute you frostegater for you 1 month hard work with this exploit! God Bless You brother!

8. musashiro’s avatar

i thought the files will be released at the same time as the public announcement? anyway, thanks for everything…

i wonder if you posted this due to leaks (i pm’ed you)… those damn leakers/braggers/idiots can’t wait..

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

no, the public release was planned for today

2. tom’s avatar

…. It is clear in the wololo forum post that they will not be released until after the public release.

1. musashiro’s avatar

The files will be released at the same time we make the public announcement, in a few days/weeks. Thanks for your trust, and again let’s keep this a secret so that as many people as possible can benefit this hack.

*taken from the ninja release page*

and here i thought i misread the article…

1. wololo’s avatar

Sorry, brain fart on my end, I forgot to edit the text of the ninja release on the forum. The text of the ninja release was incorrect, this was the text for a previous ninja release, that I forgot to edit :(

1. musashiro’s avatar

everything’s cool… just wondering sir… :)

waiting for the files…

2. ross31192’s avatar

Dude did i buy a game i did not want to buy from your ninja release??????

3. ross31192’s avatar

Dude did you fuck me over? ninja release i get the game that you putas the ninja release

4. synapze’s avatar

@ross31192 Quit your whining and snivelling. Show a little respect and gratitude. No one made you buy the game.

5. ross31192’s avatar

So are you telling me i just got fucked

6. ross31192’s avatar

synapze shut the fuck up ok i bought a game that i was soposta be the game

7. Mr. Magoo’s avatar

@ Ross, ??? Wtf. You tripin fool. If u got the right game then quit bitchin

8. synapze’s avatar

@ross31192 You sir are worthless. Do us a favor and hold your breath and don’t stop until told to do so. Have a lil patience, the eCFW will be released soon.

9. kokoshi2’s avatar

>.> Comment awaiting moderation… nice troll. Anyway good to see the game finally released no more questions. Still waiting for them files! Thanks to all devs and have a happy new year everyone.

(This comment is much better right? One day I’ll get first comment.)

1. Mr. Magoo’s avatar

Much better but officially priceless. Lol

2. >_>’s avatar

Too bad it wasn’t deleted. >_>

Oh, and the answer to your question is a resounding no.

10. Kenster240’s avatar

Awesome! Can’t wait for the files! Have a happy new year, everyone!

11. daniel rocha’s avatar

WHYYYY I DONT HAAVE MONEY RIGHT NOW I MISSING 2 DOLLARS :( WHY SUCH AN EXPENSIVE GAME DISLIKEE !! :,(

1. Khyle’s avatar

It’s five dollars, how is that expensive?

2. tom’s avatar

Where have you been?

3. WolfRamiO’s avatar

how you buy a vita if you think 5 bucks are too much?

4. >_>’s avatar

Well, that didn’t take long now did it? XD

12. Proto-Tyrant’s avatar

Hio
    Yes realy nice news, but one ask… i buy the psp version not the mini -.- the i the worng game buy?
    sry for my english

Proto

1. Kenster240’s avatar

To my knowledge, there is only one Uno game for PSP on the PSN store. So I’m pretty sure you bought the right one.

1. Proto-Tyrant’s avatar

Hio

Oh thx, i have forgotten to check it^^ sry for my stupid ask…

Proto

1. wololo’s avatar

My bad, this is not a Mini, it’s a regular PSP Game. I updated the article

1. Proto-Tyrant’s avatar

hio

I was afraid only because I have read
            I have not looked because of mini version
            however, everything has gone well again or
            promt translator with ps3 ^^

Proto

2. mlc’s avatar

As far as I’m aware, there are only two UNO games – the PSP Mini and the PS3 version. So you presumably have the right version.

1. Proto-Tyrant’s avatar

hio

ok thx bro’s ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR @ALL

Proto

1. Mr. Magoo’s avatar

HIO!!!

13. Rahul’s avatar

FYI … the game is pretty good to play too … been playing it last week while awaiting the files!

1. musashiro’s avatar

lol… i dont understand this game.. there is no instructions.. haha… i have it since 25… i tried playing it but i suck..hahaha,

1. mlc’s avatar

You can probably find the instructions online; it’s a very popular (non-Standard) card game in the US.

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

here in Chile all people know UNO!, i try it and dont understand anything… xD

14. Qraze’s avatar

okay, hope everyone gets it fast, cost me about $5 bucks. hope the file process isn’t too hard, or maybe i do….. kudos.

15. Banksy’s avatar

There is only one uno game on the psn right? Not sure if mine is a mini

1. mlc’s avatar

You are not Banksy!!

1. mlc’s avatar

Sorry to be harsh – I don’t know where Banksy got his nickname or tag, so you might have an equally valid reason to call yourself Banksy.

Or you might be a street artist, I guess. lol

16. Qraze’s avatar

i couldn’t find it in the minis but did a uno search and only one came up, so i get it a few days ago, its on my vita and backed up the open (i hope lol) cma.

17. StanSmith’s avatar

I thought it would’ve been smarter to release the eCFW first before announcing the game then more people with the ninja release would get the game.
    Now Sony knows which game to take off the store and the eCFW isn’t even out yet.

1. wololo’s avatar

While, if we had released the eCFW without announcing the name of the game, Sony would absolutely not know how to find the name of the game by looking at the name of the savedata folder -_-

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

now you told them how to find out which game it is, good job :lol:

1. Mr. Magoo’s avatar

Troll,.lol

2. StanSmith’s avatar

Good point.

18. alvin’s avatar

can u pllease port one of those 4 minis gift from sony please?

1. synapze’s avatar

I’m sorry to sound like a d*ck, but please shut up and quit asking this. In order to do that, one of the 4 mini’s would have to be exploitable. They can’t just port the eCFW to any game they want. If that was the case, we would have endless exploits. If you can’t afford to buy the game that was just announced, you shouldn’t have a Vita.

2. Mart’s avatar

If you can’t fork out freaking 5 USD to get the exploit, stop trying.

Pffffff, cheapasses…

19. 3dsguy’s avatar

omg I’ve been waiting for this. ATM Im in the aussie outback with my mobile as a wifi point. I just got back from hiking just in time. :D thankyou so much for not releasing this in the morning.

1. xyzmanas’s avatar

you da same from gbatemp :P , one more who owns both :P

1. 3dsguy’s avatar

Yup, the one and only. Except I don’t have a dev PS Vita, only a retail one.

20. xoombie503’s avatar

wololo uno is a full featured psp game..not in the mini category

1. kokoshi2’s avatar

Dont’t worry the psp one is the right one.

2. wololo’s avatar

Thanks, fixed the article

1. kokoshi2’s avatar

Disregard the pm i sent you on the forums. Did not expect game name to be released to today.

21. Mario’s avatar

What about latam ps store?
    I just download uno from there but is a little different from the video

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

a little different? at most the language might be different, some screens might be a bit different but if you are looking at the first video then you got it wrong, the game is correct but what you are looking at is Wagic running in eCFW

1. Mario’s avatar

Thanks friend I compare the first video with the game and you are right just it is the language.
        Now waiting for the files.
        Thanks

22. Ukdna’s avatar

A moment of silence for all the clueless stooges who didn’t want gravity crash released because there ‘wouldn’t be another exploit for a long time, if ever’. STFU now and forever all you stupid morons. Quit prentending you know anything about anything. Happy new year!

1. Ukdna’s avatar

Sorry! Wasn’t gravity crash at the time

23. alvin’s avatar

buy that game again sony make rich rich rich rich rich

1. Mr. Magoo’s avatar

On a positive note, Sony does bank on games in this fashion. This is definitely a good way to keep the psv alive. I have hit all the exploits for the us except for the previous one as I already had 2 working exploits. I only got this one to ensure that I can update to the new web browser. I am looking forward to the ark as I would like to play my psx games with sound. I just wish it was as simple as the fpse for games to download since my comp just crashed and there for creating iso’s is a pain.

24. kyhassen’s avatar

Awesome job guys!!!! i am always impressed by how much you guys do :-) happy new year and thank you Frostegater.

25. fuh’s avatar

Will there be installation guides? Im kind of new to this

1. kokoshi2’s avatar

The files should come out after the game is pulled from psn. Most likely a tutorial will be included.

26. chenwk’s avatar

no love for asia region owners. =)

1. wololo’s avatar

Yeah, sorry, we don’t really have much control over the availability of games :(

27. raven’s avatar

Thanks .I,m happy

28. Patrick81’s avatar

wow… thanks soooo much! :D

29. azh_97 (newbie)’s avatar

I’m happy with this.. Although my psn account does not have any money T_T (means that i can’t use the exploit).. I am 15 years old.. does not have any credit card to add fund.. Those who is generous to give me 10€ code for me to use the exploit can send to azh_97@yahoo.com.my.. Anyway, good job frostegator.. Hope you can improve and make the exploit works for free minis (the xmas gift) or whatsoever that is free… Hehehe.. And, sorry for bad english (^_^;)

1. synapze’s avatar

I’m willing to help. I emailed you.

2. synapze’s avatar

Ok I added funds to your PSN wallet and purchased the game for you. Sign into the PSN Store on your Vita and view your download list. It will be listed in there. Download the game to your Vita and enjoy (download it ASAP before it’s pulled from the PSN Store)… Now we just gotta wait for the eCFW files to be released and we’re golden :)

P.S. you probably want to change your password now that I’m done

1. 000000010101’s avatar

You are one awesome guy!

2. azh_97 (newbie)’s avatar

Oh, I just told my sister to download it yesterday and she has downloaded it.. Million thanks.. I hope there are many people in this world are as generous as you.. :)

1. synapze’s avatar

You’re welcome. Glad you were able to download it before it got pulled from the PSN Store. Enjoy :D

30. plinkerfly’s avatar

@wololo, just curious… since some of the graphics in wagic were removed due to copyright sh**… why not just sell your wagic game to this card game manufacturer. i wouldn’t mind buying it since i’ve already done that with the yu gi oh card game on nintendo. i believe it’s gonna be bigger than any other card game, dont get me wrong, i love warhammer and yu gi oh but i believe wagic is the one missing in my collection. just a thought.. still waiting for signed cfw for vita.. geohot…where are you?

1. GreeNinja’s avatar

GeoHot gone to hell cause of the F.. Sony lolz..

31. vibrocil’s avatar

Too bad it was leaked since day 1 on oter websites :s As soon as ninja release showed up, so did leaks… This doesn’t encourage developpers to release…

32. DeadPixel99’s avatar

Im not longer stuck at 1.81 , thank you guys for all your hard work! Just updated my Vita and bought UNO!!

33. Monkeyman’s avatar

Just bought uno, can’t wait for files to be released. My Vita is no fun w/o being able to use homebrew.

34. Sharpy’s avatar

A big thanks to wololo, Frostegater and others for this exploit and ecfw, looking forward to playing Silent Hills on my vita since it won’t take UMDs. Happy new year.

35. efexza’s avatar

updated mine yesterday, topup my psn wallet and bought uno & mutant blobs attack…

36. Duck’s avatar

Happy New Year for all XD

37. Gamer’s avatar

Happy new year everybody and thanks a lot Frost.We proud of you!

38. maixi’s avatar

One question: Can I transfer the exploit to another memory card if Sony delete the game on the PSN ? I am intend to upgrade my card but afraid to lose the exploit.

1. DeadPixel99’s avatar

Yes that’s what OpenCMAanager is for.

1. DeadPixel99’s avatar

OpenCMA***

39. KoJack Stewart’s avatar

This may be a dumb question so I apologize in advance but my girlfriend actually loves playing Uno and when she found out that I had to buy it for my vita she got all excited. I noticed that the exploit started uno began loading, is there a way to actually play the game after ecfw loads? I read on the forums that it might cause an infinite loop of some sort confusing the vita

1. tom’s avatar

Maybe load the ISO of Uno In the exploit?

2. Jenoside’s avatar

you would have to swap savedata, and the xploit with open cma. The iso back up idea would still load the exploit as the savedata is still stored in the same part of the memory. However, if you have another mem. card, even a small one as the game is only 30mb, you could download the game on both cards, and put the exploit in one and use the other one to play on. Hope that helps :)

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

use other region, they dont share the same save folder

1. Jenoside’s avatar

Hmmm, thats smart, didnt think of that, lol

40. synapze’s avatar

Thank you wololo and the rest of the devs for all your hard work. Just waiting patiently for the files to be released :D Have a happy New Year!

1. ross31192’s avatar

synapze shut the fuck up ok i bought a game that i was soposta be the game

1. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

take the word “hunt” and replace hhe letter “h” with a “c”. Now you know what everyone thinks you are acting like. Stop bitching like a 3-year-old who was told no by their parents.

2. Mr. Magoo’s avatar

Damn boss, your still on that shit. Lmao

3. >_>’s avatar

Soposta….so pasta?

Learn how to spell dumbass. >_>

41. Jenoside’s avatar

wow waited for 22 hrs, and i already had the game, thanks to my lil sis. well thats a day i wont get back. lmao. BTW glad to be part of the community :D

42. LTTP’s avatar

I can’t wait for the files to be released :)

Thanks!

43. Gustbran’s avatar

arigatouuuuuuuuuuuuu

44. deadlysync’s avatar

Awesome job guys! Just awesome!
    Had the ninja release message yesterday at noon, so I already knew the game, I just hope that the exploit will work on the US game… not only the EU one… heh…
    But I digress….
    Thank you very much for all your efforts!
    And a happy new year to you all!

45. Rahul’s avatar

Not to hurt any ones sentiments, but not releasing the files post naming the game publicly helps how? Not asking / being rude, just wondering…?

1. wololo’s avatar

It gives no proof to Sony that the hack is real, which I assume (although it’s proven to be majorly a wrong assumption) buys us a bit of time before they actually take the decision to remove the game from their store.

2. Jakesiesvita’s avatar

Awesome stuff. This is going to be a goid year. Thanx all for the hard work.

46. ross31192’s avatar

What a bad day got the wrong game thanks wololo

1. GuardianAngel’s avatar

@Ross, yeah…payback’s a bitch. Well at least you still have time to get the real game.

1. synapze’s avatar

ross was given the wrong game name in the ninja release? He must be a known leaker if that’s the case, and if so lol.

2. >_>’s avatar

You got “wtf0wn30r3d” eh? That sucks. XDDDDDDD

47. Lai’s avatar

^_^ awesome. I can’t wait for the files to get released… got the game an hour ago.. weeeeee :) thanks to all dev behind this… >.<

48. wololothebest’s avatar

i just wonted to thank every one for there hard work in makein every day gameplayin much funner on the vita thanks to all the dev’s

49. carmelo’s avatar

io lo sapevo da ieri mattina e sono stato in silenzio ma ora ci vogliono i files dai che non ci o dormito ps grazie per limpegno di questi ragazzi

1. fabio’s avatar

carmelo,ciao. Puoi contattarmi in privato ??? Hai msn??

2. fabio’s avatar

Anzi carmelo,ti prego contattami alla mail: sportandeb@libero.it
      Mi raccomando ci tengo,ho da chiederti qualche info…vito che sei l unico italiano qui’ :)

1 · 2 · 3 · · 13 ·