CEF on Vita 2.02: What to expect from Frostegater’s release

We know lots of you have been waiting extremely patiently for Frostegater’s port of Total_Noob’s CEF, a PSP Custom Firmware running within the playstation Vita’s latest Firmware 2.02. Believe it or not, I did not get to test Frostegater’s work until today.

I have a video ready, But Total_Noob’s TN Menu makes it difficult to post a video that would not reveal the name of the game, so here are simply a few screenshots.

Those of you who have already run VHBL, or Total_Noob’s CEF on a previous firmware (or a CFW on your psp) will probably not be surprised: Full homebrew and iso support.

Installation of the CEF is a bliss (it just consists in copying a PSP Savedata using Open CMA), but the installation of homebrews and Isos is a bit more complicated. Again, those of you who have used CEF or VHBL in the past won’t be surprised, Sony has made it extremely difficult for their customers to copy anything on the Vita, basically. What bothers me a bit is that TN Menu insists that you copy all your stuff in the same savedata as the exploited game, which to me makes you run the risk of messing up with the exploit, but hey, I see where this choice is coming from, and for those who don’t like it, Alternate menus with different functionality are available.

Oh noes, you saw my MAC Address, please don't hack my Vita!

Oh noes, you saw my MAC Address, please don’t hack my Vita!

frostegater-CEF-Vita-202-2

The rest is no surprise, as promised, Frostegater’s port of Total_Noob’s work will run homebrews (Wagic running as an example) and isos (a copy of my own Burnout Legends UMD as an example) on Vita’s firmware 2.02frostegater-CEF-Vita-202-3

frostegater-CEF-Vita-202-4Yes, you’ve been waiting a lot, and I know some of you won’t like to be teased again like this, but remember that one of the goals of the ninja release is to spread the word without telling too much…

Stay tuned.

1. Jasper’s avatar

Anyone know the differences between Frostegater’s eCFW and the TN eCFW? I remember seeing something about not having to wait for the game to boot or something. Anyone know? Thanks.

1. Lolwut’s avatar

If i have my facts straight, i believe that what frostegator is doing here is porting Total Noobs CEF to his own exploit, but he is also working on a Pro eCFW with other key hackers on the scene which will have more features than total noobs existing CEF.

2. Fredrick.Sylar’s avatar

OK, is posting my email here really gonna get me early access to the name of the game?
    I usually just browse this website for news but I just registered if that’s gonna help.
    I’d very much hope if the admin or coordinator of this website would put more meaning into using my VITA by sending me the name.

BTW, I’ve registered with a username same as the one I’m posting with (I wrote it manually as if I’m not logged in {‘: s )

THANKS, ALL!

1. transferstudentx’s avatar

lol nice try buddy

3. CloudStrife1901’s avatar

To the person above is that really the game? Or are you some troll just to make people buy that

1. Lolwut’s avatar

Go register on /talk, and you can find out yourself ;)

1. Alba’s avatar

I wonder if that’s true. Can’t find it anywhere on /talk :(

1. wololo’s avatar

This is true but the ninja release is now over, so you won’t find it there anymore, we announced the game publicly

4. CuRsE’s avatar

Don´t know what i did wrong, i´ll never get it ^^ Looking after it the whole day, buy this buy that, who could i trust? :D

5. juanito21’s avatar

Can you give me the page that i must see forma ninja release?

6. faisalhaahha’s avatar

i got it d game right downloaded successfuly now backing up

7. ben’s avatar

Don’t trust the comment post here. Just register at talk/forum & for your turn for ninja release.It will come & believe me at worst, u will get to see it a week before the save file is being released. Dont worry, u will get it just like everyone else.

8. Mondocappe’s avatar

Now i’m registered in the forum, please send me Email with the name of game for 2.02 exploit, thanks a lot, my email is mondocappe@teletu.it

1. ben’s avatar

It will not sent to ur email dude. Just make sure u stayed login & wait for the green banner(ninja release info) to come out the the main page of the forum. Dont logout & keep refreshing every 2 hour.

9. lexamillionvita’s avatar

Just be patient guys remember your not supposed to ask for it its against the rules it’ll Come to you eventually thatz step 1 I’m waiting for step 2 :-)

10. Zeuso’s avatar

please send to my email

11. Thatguy’s avatar

Ok i have the game now

1. Mika’s avatar

how long did u wait?

12. anglimeng’s avatar

Now i’m registered in the forum, please send me Email with the name of game for 2.02 exploit, thanks a lot, my email is sjwgh2013g@126.com

13. abuwaqas’s avatar

hey guys i was wondering if someone can email me the name of the game ?

my email is waqas_siddiqui120@hotmail.com

thanks

14. Adrian’s avatar

Now i’m registered in the forum, please send me Email with the name of game for 2.02 exploit mail adrian@alchimiaverde.it

15. Gameusz’s avatar

You guys can’t wait can you? Just be patient holy crap. Haha. If you’re registered on the forums, just check back every hour or so until you see a green banner at the top of the forums.

1. anhtuanle84’s avatar

Thanks for the heads up on what to look for Gameusz

16. goddamnit’s avatar

for all the new guys: just sit your asses down and wait, after all its the best thing you can do rather than post your emailadds and follow people trolling you giving games that would only leave your account zero $. as what people here are always saying, register then play the waiting game.

17. Buckets o' Nuggz’s avatar

This is wondrous news. anyone know how to change the timestamp on comments to match local time?

18. Castiel’s avatar

Alright, I understand we are supposed to be patient and wait, but I have been logged in and checking the forums ALL DAY,with every hour, I can’t help but think that it is too late. As for keeping people quiet during a ninja release, turn the comments off. Would help a ton.

19. Mika’s avatar

the suspense is killing me lol. Been up for 20 hrs waiting, lol.

20. Corey96’s avatar

Guys… Seriously, stop asking. If you’re registered on the forums you will get the ninja release… But registering now might not get it to you, you might be cutting it a bit too close. Anyway, it’s being release some time in December and there are two days left. Just be patient. Also, when the public release is out you’ll have to move quickly and not put off getting the game. Sony will be fast to remove the game from the store.

21. Xtianlp’s avatar

Please give me a name of the explote game to my email!!
    Por favor me envian el nombre a mi correo:
    cvrchris@gmail.com

22. ushersnake’s avatar

thanks!
    May the force be with you!

23. Salor’s avatar

Remember anything can be photoshopped.

24. mike’s avatar

Hi guys, where do I register?

25. goddamnit’s avatar

ive waited 2months for the release so for the guys who had just registered today or yesterday complaining and wining that they havent received anything yet, your turn will come so lets just wait.

26. kingblack’s avatar

good……thank you

27. ehddls21’s avatar

thanks

28. woovsyou’s avatar

partay up in huuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr

29. Castiel’s avatar

Funny how UNO was plastered all over the plus when I was searching around the internet for the exploit. I thought they were all trolls -.-

30. CJ’s avatar

hey can i get the ninja release i been trying to get one for month

31. Kyuremu’s avatar

I never expected Uno to be the one tbh xp
    Waiting to install the exploit now (also,brace yourselves,forced update incoming very soon).

32. 1998adam8991’s avatar

I will try to buy it ASAP for a tutorial check me out, don’t forget to download the free mini’s wololo talked about before, they also may be exploited like before

33. Luke Thomas’s avatar

Can you send me exploit games on ps vita 2.02 to lukethomas192012@live.com.

· 1 · · 3 · 4 · 5