Calling all PSP/ePSP developers: The community needs you!

As it turns out, the PSP scene isn’t exactly dead, the PSP scene has just moved on to the Vita, as we get more exploits (VHBL,eCFW) for the Vita, we need more homebrew developers, the Vita’s PSP emulator itself has a lot of potential (even at the lowest clock speed, the emulator is faster than the max 333 MHz of the PSP), to help beginners to develop homebrew with the PSPSDK, a wiki has been setup which can be accessed here, we need the help of all developers to construct a good and more usable documentation for the PSPSDK.

We also plan to provide code snippets to make tasks simpler, tutorials etc.

I ask everyone who can help to help out, this is for the good of the community and because we might not really be seeing a native PSVita exploit any time soon, this is the only way, at the moment, we are content with old PSP homebrew but we will need more, so please, everyone who can help, please help out.

Please contact me (hgoel0974) or NNNRT on the /talk forums for any questions.

1. Shura’s avatar

PSP scene forever!

1. Deagle275’s avatar

Are you Brazillian?

2. bullrog92’s avatar

cant wait to see whats gona become of new psp homebrew.

3. jacobas92’s avatar

Sweet! Can’t wait to see what they do with it.

4. regine03’s avatar

NIce, very informative

5. regine03’s avatar

very informative

6. Dj Android’s avatar

Finally, a call for us devs. Im IN!

7. Gigidy!’s avatar

fantastic idea!

8. yosh’s avatar

“Everyone who has some knowledge in programming for the PSP is requested to help out.”
    pretty arrogant and useless repetitive post to me .. devs do w/e they want, stop crying all the time

1. wololo’s avatar

I think he meant “requested” as in “please”, not as an order. I mean, even in English that word is fuzzy

1. yosh’s avatar

ok but I mean there have been quite several posts about that already, this time the situation is the same as before so I don’t see much point in ‘uniting’ people at this precise moment more than any other :p

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

It is just a coincidence that I came up with this at this time.

I didn’t come up with this as a way to ‘unite’ people but as a way to make the PSPSDK easier for beginners.

2. yosh’s avatar

cry-calls make it worse imho

3. hgoel0974’s avatar

yes, I meant please, not as an order but a choice, if you can then please help, it still is your choice.

1. Deagle275’s avatar

Is there tutorials to learn from step zero ?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

The best ones that I found were at pspslimhacks, a simple google search for ‘pspsdk programming tutorials’ will get you o the site.

9. Hotaru’s avatar

A cry for help..
    I bet some Devs will be joining the scene very soon.

Developers, Unite!

10. w00tguy123’s avatar

I wouldn’t mind the PSP scene starting back up. By the time I got a decent grip on programming everyone left.

11. loverali’s avatar

that’s really good.I look forward to it.Vita really needs some more homebrews.

12. scooter61686’s avatar

i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to learn how to start fiddling with this stuff! and will be reading with wide-eyes when and if this project comes to fruition!…just gotta get a psp again as i got rid of mine to get a vita…

13. snailcomment’s avatar

“even at the lowest clock speed, the emulator is faster than the max 333 MHz of the PSP”

Oh I didn’t know the Vita speeds up the clock of the PSP emulator. You sure about that?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

It is known that it is such, TN said it himself, his TN-C upgrade said that he had found out that the PSP emulator was faster than the PSP and the above statement as well.

14. o MELTDOWN o’s avatar

This would be vry nice. It would help the new generation of devs that are to come.

15. diego’s avatar

i think you are just posting this to show your site.. the web is full of pspsdk tutorials and documentation, no need for another site. or you just want to be part of something?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

I am not trying to advertise. All the information on the internet is not always easy to understand.
      Besides, what do you think I mean by

“The wiki is aimed at providing documentation of things like what different functions do, how to call them, the exceptions that they can throw, in plain English so that everyone can understand them easily.”

I myself am totally sick of having to spend hours searching on the internet just to figure out how to show the OSK or to connect to the internet in the SDK and I know many more who have the same problem, it is just too tedious, this would help users to sort out everything easily

16. Darren’s avatar

give me a year! i will know C++ programming and some other stuff by then :D!

17. jvhellraiser’s avatar

not sure what differences it got, but anyone trying to fix
    the snes emulator or rebuild it,make it good XD

18. Acid_Snake’s avatar

you can copy-paste my python psp tutorials at /talk

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

Thanks! I will :)

19. Name *’s avatar

I have tried developing homebrew for PSP before and i found that the biggest deterrent is that there is no complete reference which covers all the functions of the sdk, or maybe there is and i just couldn’t find it…. ?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

There is but it isn’t easy to understand

1. Name *’s avatar

Link please…?
        unless it’s this one – http://psp.jim.sh/pspsdk-doc/
        I don’t really think that documentation is complete.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

yes, it s that one and yes, it isn’t complete, it is outdated too.

I am also updating the SDK, as ePSPSDK, expect a release soon.

1. Name *’s avatar

But will this new sdk still be compatible with psp?
            Please try to make a good documentation for it… It will encourage lot of developers if only there is a good documentation.

20. Tgtw’s avatar

I would have liked to create hombres but I got confused asked for help and got non so finally if its more clear I can do it xD

21. wartaf’s avatar

that’s great! PSP dev will be a good practice before the Vita :D

22. Hellcat’s avatar

PSP HB <3

While I still find exploiting the Vita's emulator overhyped (just get a cheap PSP for PSP HB for crying out loud) I'd love to see the PSP community pick up momentum again.

This also brings up an older idea I had but never did:
    Video tutorials on PSP deving….

23. MainCypher’s avatar

I am shure, in then years my PSP will work as well as she (? :P) now does (fat one). Im not shure if the vita and espacially the shitty samsung smartphones will reach that…

24. david’s avatar

nice, im in too xD.

25. cx3’s avatar

Oh, please, not Wikia! Anything but that stupid wiki hosting site!

26. JMQM Officials’s avatar

I would but it seems difficult xD

27. EuropeanFAGBAGgaylordKING’s avatar

being a dev is soo easy its like posing nude for a photo shoot you gotta have style and taste.

28. Deagle275’s avatar

To people that don’t know how to choose your image http://gravatar.com/ . Create an account with the e-mail you use here .

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

I have and it doesn’t show here :(

1. Deagle275’s avatar

But i see your custom image .
        It’s a gray haired kind of teen wich i can’t recognise.
        Wasn’t it supposed to be that ?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

yes, to me it shows the old thing.
          and that image is assassin’s creed anime version :p

29. juniorsinistro’s avatar

CPS3 FULL SPEED.plis

30. RNB_PSP’s avatar

how about another big psp programming contest?