Coldbird comes back to clarify some details on ARK, the leak & Team PRO

After my article regarding the Vita’s eCFW ARK some details were missing but Coldbird has decided to step out and help us clarify some information including that ARK is indeed his work as well as some other big news.

To quote Coldbird directly (source) :

Some people over at Wololo’s place have been wondering whether the showcased VF Vita CFW Video was the CFW I’ve been working on. To put it short, yes it is. Project Ark (initially PRO-Vita) has been a joint collaboration of multiple big personalities of the scene. However, as I’ve not queried the other team members for permission to post their names just yet, I will only name those which are already obvious to the open eye, namely me (Coldbird) and Virtuous Flame. (Should any other people want to get mentioned, please contact me, you know how to find me.) I want to put big importance into the fact that this project is a collaboration and that everyone that took part in it deserves to label himself a valuable member to Team PRO.

Rolling up the events of the recent past, namely the leak of the Project Prototype which forced me to leave the scene, was caused by multiple people, some trustworthy – some not so trustworthy – some made of pure evil. One of those people involved in the leak, tricked through social engineering to leak the Prototype, was frostegater, a person initially part of the well known TN-Camp. While its impossible to make up for the part he played in the leaking events, I and the core members of Team PRO decided that it was best to work towards uniting the scene, rather than stirring flames of war, which lead to frostegater being accepted as one of our Core-Team members (with him, we are now 5). Even though he’s the newest member of the Core-Team I’m very positive his contributions in the future will be of big use to the team and, obviously, also to you, the Enduser.

As for Project Ark release dates, no information available at the moment…However the code is complete, fully functional and out beats that of TN-CEF by far (sadly, even the Prototypes beat TN-CEF by far). The reason this ain’t out yet is simple, this is a collaborative project and we are a democratic team where every core member gets a equal vote in what we are meant to do. The vote for when and how (and also – if) to release this project is still pending.

I wish all of you (even if a bit late for xmas) – a relaxing, calm and happy Christmas Holidays, as well as a good slide into the new year 2013. Maya my a** – we are still here.

Greetings, Coldbird.

So there you are, people. project ARK, an eCFW that (according to its authors) beats TN’s CEF in terms of performance and compatibility, might or might not be released soon, and this is still being debated among its creators. Are you as excited as we are?

1. Shura’s avatar

Thanks for the new info ^^

2. Guru’s avatar

Uh-oh. TN is going to throw a hissy fit and “leave the scene” again.

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

as he has alreary left the scene, i really dont think that thiswill be the case. still thanks goesout to noob as he is the reason that we are all able to have something at the moment.

3. Dorlash’s avatar

very exciting news :D

4. Stbboy’s avatar

Such a great news!!

5. TheZekku’s avatar

the more types of ecfw the better

6. #18’s avatar

YAY! Coldbird is not dead! Welcome back buddy!

Is Sam dead yet?

Hope so!

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

i second that notion and am graitful of cb’s return.

7. carlos’s avatar

este cfw requerirá que compremos un juego en psn

1. SMOKE’s avatar

He said:
      “this cfw require us to buy a game on psn”

Your answer:

8. Albie85’s avatar

Cool news! Correction coldbird it’s mayan not maya

1. Cloud’s avatar

No, he’s right. It’s like America and American.

1. killa’s avatar

the Mayans didn’t say the end of the world, they said new era, doomsday is a miss-interpretation. the north pole is moving towards Russia before Dec 21 and after Dec 21 and has caused GPS system that don’t auto-update on old planes to crash both in Russia and america. the only hint of something bad was the last page of the Dresden Codex showing a flood caused by the suns crossing of the milky may’s galactic equator on dec 21 (every 5000 years), which is a fir estimates since the smaller gravitation pulls earth gets on it’s oceans from our sun and moon creates tides.

9. ColonelPanic’s avatar

So, uh, if this gets released, it will be compatible with the upcoming 2.01/2 ninja game, right? I shouldn’t hold off on grabbing it when it’s released in fear of missing the opportunity to get this allegedly better CFW?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

yes, if they release it then this could surely be ported to the upcoming release, but then you shouldn’t hold off no matter what, you never know when you will get the next kexploit ;)

TN eCFW is better than no CFW at all!

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

for this reason, i have 2 vitas. one for oficial games and the other for my emu’s and my psp games

10. Gsh’s avatar

What happened to Frostgate???

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

He is still here, after all, he was TRICKED into giving out information, he didn’t leak anything on purpose

11. mecksg1’s avatar

That was some great info. Thanks for coming back coldbird. I cant wait to try this out when you guys decide its ready for the public. Take your time and make it great.

12. 200C under’s avatar

waiting for the release

13. bopz’s avatar

i just hope i will be able to get the game on psn, and the name too lol

14. tom’s avatar

Awesome, will this work with the latest firmware? ( Latest as in 2.02 incase this takes awhile )

1. makak1984’s avatar

Probably yes, but also probably have their own exploit, but only thing I wanna know what does this mean from them? So what is it a full Vita hack or it is hack of PSP emulator that is now known as eCFW, even if they have Flame with TN and it is based on PSP emu, so it will have part of his old reverse engeering HEN. I do not know how it will be done, because I was out of PSP/PS3 scene for about almost year, and now back to Vita… But this situation was before on PSP – when they have little “fight” in matter of HEN and PSone support.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

Yes, they have an exploit of their own.
        This is just another alternative to TN eCFW so it too runs in the PSP emulator, and no, this is not based on TN at all because this existed before TN eCFW, the files that Jordam had leaked was a very early beta version of ARK

2. hgoel0974’s avatar

This, just like TN, will work on every firmware as long as you have a working kxploit.

15. PiccoloPatt’s avatar

Wow, thanks for the info, I AM excited for this new cfw. Hope they vote for release it :)

16. fpstps’s avatar

what do you call the turkey a day after christmas ??

COLDBRID

1. >_>’s avatar

I think your i and r are reversed. XD

1. Someone Else’s avatar

What do you call someone who makes jokes about a helpful dev?

A scmubag. :P

Just a little joke

17. fpstps’s avatar

just a little joke banter etc no flaming

1. >_>’s avatar

FLAME WAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!111ONEONEONE

18. NakedFaerie’s avatar

This is just a FU to the end user. “so we have a better CFW but we arn’t going to release it unless someone leaks it”
    WTF? If your not going to release it then STOP TELLING US ABOUT IT!

We want releases not FAKE BS. Its FAKE as if it never gets released then its NOT REAL which is a fake.

If its not fake then release it and prove us all wrong.
    I bet there will be that one asshole team member that says “oh the public shouldn’t have this as its too good and i’m against piracy” THEN WHAT THE F&^K ARE YOU DOING MAKING THAT STUFF IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Its good you made it, its bullshit you arn’t releasing it but teasing us all with it.

Those type of devs piss me off. I’ve released everything I’ve made and spoke about as I’m not a prick.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

they didn’t say they would never release it, they said that they might release it later when the scene really needs it, I have seen your posts on other sites, you really hate coldbird

2. Negrodamus’s avatar

Are you sure you’re not? Because that’s a pretty good impression of a prick. You know what type of devs piss me off? NONE of them, when I’m getting something for no work and little or no money.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

totally agreed, this guy really reminds me of Shame JorDamned ;)

3. Someone Else’s avatar

Is this dbag the same dude as “american horror story” and “dario”? Seems like the same brainless trolling.

4. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

you know that rant might just be exactly what the scene needs to encurage these devs to release thier hard work tothe community. good job jack ass.

5. American Horror Story’s avatar

I couldn’t agree with you more NakedToothFairy. As I mentioned before in my earlier comments about how much bullshit this is and the excuse they are making. I don’t understand why they feel the need to bullshit us. Fucking no good asshole fags they all are. I’m glad I ain’t the one who see what’s really going on here. Unlike most people who keep thanking the Devs for work that’s not even happening. Watch in a day of two there will be more lame posts coming.

6. machomuu’s avatar

Giving us something to look forward to is a bad thing? Well I’ll be.

19. Jan’s avatar

COldbird’s revenge

20. Burningflames’s avatar

finally good news. dont forget not all people can buy a game from differents stores. i can only buy things from the european store ^^ hope the exploit game is in the Eu store or better in all stores. Flamehaze in action xD

21. NakedFaerie’s avatar

AND before you go off at me, I release things under a different name THATS why you wont see anything with this name getting released.
    I’m in the PS3 scene and I have released many things.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

I have seen a lot of your posts (on other sites too), you rally don’t seem like what you say you are, give me an example of something you have released. Not to say that your lying but I can’t really think of you as that kind of a person, you seem more like a normal person to me and not a developer.

2. wololo’s avatar

Dude, if you’re a real dev like you claim, and not a fraud, you’ve surely realized by now that project ARK is nothing more than a port of Pro CFW to the Vita’s existing exploits. I think everybody with a brain has figured that out by now. There’s nothing secret in it except what you want to believe is secret. The only thing you’ll find in project ARK is the sweat and tears of people like Coldbird who put the necessary time into it to make it work.

But look around, gamesave exploits all over the place, TN’s CEF open source made the kernel exploits easy to reverse engineer, and pro CFW’s been open source for the past 2 years.

You want to blame someone for this release not happening yet? Blame yourself for not figuring out that all the pieces of the puzzle have been lying around for ages, and you were too blind to see it, or too lazy to put them together. You’re a dev, my a$$…

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

leave it, don’t waste your time on this guy my friend!
        He can barely run homebrew on a PS3, how do you expect him to make homebrew?

(I know this because I saw some more of his posts on other sites)

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

he has also been banned on so many other forums! Justt ask m0skit0.

This guy has a superbad reputation.

2. nCadeRegal’s avatar

OOOOOHHHHHH Woho Smackdown!!!!!!!!

3. NakedFaerie’s avatar

You have to admit that the Vita scene is made up mostly of the PSP and PS3 devs and they are the worst in any scene. The only reason we have CFW on the PS3 is because someone leaked it. If it was up to those devs there would still be no CFW released to the public.

I never said I was a dev, I said I released what I did. and you will never see it with this name as I release all my work with a diferent name thats why you think I’m fake.

You can see people that dont know how to read as they flame me without reading my comments.

If I could delete it I would. Too much drama here. But it goes with the scene doesn’t it. Someone has a thought thats different than everyone elses and they get flamed for it.

I will say THANKS to Coldbird, Wololo, Virtuous Flame, Frostegater. Without you releasing and leaking software we would have nothing.

22. Dutt’s avatar

Guys.. Don’t wait for this to be released.. Get what you can. (Get the Ninja Release when you can) or you might be waiting a lot longer..

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

Not really necessary, if the PRO team decided to announce it now, that probably means that they are pretty much done with it and they have the final release ready product, we just might see a release for the upcoming exploit.

1. Someone Else’s avatar

Man that would be a wonderful surprise! I’m not holding my breath, but that would literally make me jump for joy. And I mean literally. Won’t get too excited unless it actually happens though. The “if” is so real. :(

It would also spit in the face of any scumbag(s) that questioned ColdBird’s intentions for no reason but to troll and be malicious, while simultaneously rewarding the true fans of Team PRO and CB.

2. roger’s avatar

What ils thé game?

3. hgoel0974’s avatar

Now I see that you are referring to the exploit itself :oops:

23. Sanoske’s avatar

When is the ninja release? I heard ninja claus last time but obviously christmas passed. Maybe new years gift? Ive missed all the exploit games last time so i really want to get this one

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

make sure that u sign up for /talk to have an opportunity in upcoming releases. never to late to apply.;-)

1. MarSprite’s avatar

You have to actually visit /talk from time to time too.

24. super’s avatar

I’m not really excited over this…

1. Someone Else’s avatar

…then you have no reason to comment.

25. poop’s avatar

I love all the contributions made by these smart and talented coders but often times they come off as complete assholes…

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

why? because they are planning ahead, because they realize that we won’t always have kexploits, because they spent about 6 months working for your benefit?

1. Someone Else’s avatar

+1.

Team PRO are being purely kind and helpful.

Even if this doesn’t come out, it is so they can benefit everyone in the long run!

26. Scousetomo’s avatar

Legend ive got utter respect for this guy

me too :)

27. swordchi’s avatar

im excited for this!!! THANKS TO ALL THE GUYS WHO IS BEHIND THIS!!!

28. mike’s avatar

well 1st if u guys dont plan to release this then dont inform us. What’s the point if only we heard but cannout use it like u did right now. U know what, some of us think that devs should stop all this annoying act of displaying their work if they dont decided to release it yet. frost has gain name because he gave us the ecw. we dont care if he leak it or not becoz sharing is caring in hack scene. so if other dev want to be name like him especially coldbird with said bla bla bla above then release ur work then we the user will see different view on you.

1. Viper7373’s avatar

I feel like throwing a dictionary at your face, along with common sense and an education.

Whoever else thinks they should just release can get lost and never use anything any developer has ever made, or ever will make.

They don’t owe you, or anyone else anything, they’re working extremely hard, so show them a little respect and wait patiently.

Coolbird wrote that response for people here at Wololo because they were asking questions which he answered, not to tease or to brag.

Next time you bother to comment here, or anywhere else for that matter, make sure you READ and UNDERSTAND what is going on before having a winge.

2. Someone Else’s avatar

You sir, need to look up the word “grateful”, then put it into action. Especially on stuff you weren’t owed in the first place. These guys are working to do nothing but help you. Take the hatin’ down notch!!!!!!!

29. neil’s avatar

great news. i hope it will be released soon. or maybe next year…i hope :)

30. nCadeRegal’s avatar

nice the bird is back and the dream of a pro cfw on the vita that i thought was lost is now going to be a reality. Thanks for the hardwork and SCENE dedication my friends. Props to you for letting bygons be bygons. Shit happens that is out of our control, but its your control of the situation that ultimately matters! Major Thanks!!!

1. Someone Else’s avatar

Agreed. Good to see he was the bigger man, but that’s not surprising.

Something like this did not defeat him, and we are thankful!

31. Kenster240’s avatar

This is GREAT news! This way, if someone misses Frost’s exploit, there is still another one!

32. Tonakai’s avatar

Thanks for the great article and clarification on the ARK Project.

I’m hoping for a speedy release.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

No problem me too :)

33. Cloud’s avatar

How exactly is ARK a lot better than CEF? Anyone know?

34. razor’s avatar

Great news! :D

35. xhack’s avatar

Coldbird is back thats are good news for the Scene respect to this man (after all what is happen too him).

@ all haters He owes nothing to anyone!
    he can release or not release HIS Kernel exploit (His Work)
    thinks about what you are actually writes and says!!!

You can be glad that there are so talented developers who share with the community and improve our game consoles.

I am grateful to the developers for his work
    They deserve more recognition than that leecher who are always dissatisfied and even offend the devs.

Dear, developers please ignore them

There are enough people who appreciate your work, including me!!

36. Multiboy2k’s avatar

I have tremendous respect and admiration for Coldbird.
    Been following his work since inception. And, it has been nothing but high quality.
    He is disciplined and takes genuine pride in everything he chooses to release.

This is indeed fantastic news!

37. nhamokid’s avatar

“As for Project Ark RELEASE DATES, no information available at the moment…”

If I understand this right, they are planning to release it. Just no date as of now. From here on, I will quietly wait (and pray) we get a release date sooner than later. :-)

Moving on, let’s just focus on Frostegater’s release for now. :-)

Cheers!

38. Proto-Tyrant’s avatar

Hey nice news, he is back! Coldbird is a god! ^^
    Proto

39. EmoteNooBskills’s avatar

Awesome

40. E’s avatar

So who else besides me knew he could not stay away from the scene for long? The pull is too strong to resist lol

41. TriCorazonRockero’s avatar

I LOVE ALL YOU DO!!! Thanks Guys!

42. Czarcasm’s avatar

There is a lot of arguin here but these debs are hard workers, no doubt about it but honestly we shouldn’t be notified that they are releasing something better if they won’t release it to us. It’s like microsoft announcing killer instinct but only for developers and people at Microsoft. Why announce it to other people and get them hyped for it? Killer instinct is a good game and I am saddened that it couldn’t be renewed.

1. dent’s avatar

u r right. dont announce ur work if u arent plan to release it..dont just says it is not plan yet whether to release it or not..if dev dont plan then dont announce it..its really annoying got us all hyped for nothing..bullshit to asshole dev like this..we dont want your work & built ur own console to work with..

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Not once in the article does it blatantly state this wont get released. These devs do this so that you guys know what’s being worked on. There are technical reasons they don’t release it and other reasons. There’s an upcoming expoit release already and a ton has been released this year. It’s not teasing, if you don’t like it feel free to make your own exploit and give it out. If you don’t want this free hard work then please just stay quite.

43. Czarcasm’s avatar

Sorry for the typos.

44. Sined’s avatar

Wololo, if my Vita on 1.80 with installed TN-CEF (via Urbanix) will I be able to jump to this ARK without upgrading fw/buying another psn game etc?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

As long as someone ports it yep you should be able to.

1. Sined’s avatar

OK, Thanks!

45. FakedNaerie’s avatar

NakedFarie – you are still the same poser from Max Console who got schooled regularly for being a prick, you haven’t released shit, you haven’t coded shit. Go back under your rock and let the big boys do what is needed.

46. FakedNaerie’s avatar

NF – Don’t make me TROLLOLOLO the MC archives to find evidence of you being owned, it wouldn’t be a pretty site.

Your attitude stinks and always has done.

ENTITLED MUCH BITCH?

47. Cervantes’s avatar

RELEASE TN-C WHILE WAITING FOR THEIR DECISION!!!

1. Jd8531’s avatar

TN-C has been out for awhile

48. CrystalMusic’s avatar

F*ck!!! this is an absoooolutely great news :D

49. stOneskull’s avatar

cheers coldbird! have a great new year’s eve and a great 2013!

1 · 2 ·