Coldbird comes back to clarify some details on ARK, the leak & Team PRO

Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. Fuc* A** O*U says:

dont get ur hope up & expect anything guys. there will be no exploits release this month or next coz this dev only want to use it by themselves so that they can play pirate psp iso much longer..LOL..***..Bullshits to all of U devs..

• hgoel0974 says:

Why would a person who has access to more information than you want to pirate games?

Also, if you really hate devs, why are you wasting your time reading and commenting on a site which is a hub for devs?

I don’t see any sense in that.

2. LOL Nice one, Mayans my as$ we are still here. That made laugh. I mean first time I seen a pro hacker curse.

3. idontknow says:

i hope they port it to current kernel exploit

4. n1nurt4 says:

someone correct me if I’m wrong, but ColdBird isn’t back in the scene… the title can be misread, which explains some of the comments.

5. o MELTDOWN o says:

Ahhhhh 2013. A year of redemption and great success. I’m liking it already.

6. xploited says:

CANABALT PSP GAME XPLOITED IS STILL AVAILABLE AT THE STORE SONY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU

7. xploited says:

FIELDRUNNERS PSP GAME XPLOITED

• hgoel0974 says:

Please stop misguiding people, we have had enough of your annoying spam, first as qwerty26 and now as xploited, so just shut up Sam!

8. gtfoo says:

someone please enlighten us….

how is ark superior to tn’s ecfw ?

they sure love sayin it, but in what terms is it better ?

also would like to mention if it were up to these guys we wouldn’t have NO ecfw right now.

god bless total noob for atually giving the end user a cfw instead of just shamelessly teasing one like these guys.

• hgoel0974 says:

ARK is superior in terms of homebrew and game compatibility, this means that it can also play some games and homebrew that TN’s eCFW could not.

Total Noob just acted fast and wrote a minimal eCFW so that the urbanix exploit would not be wasted, Team PRO wasn’t teasing the scene, they were working on a better eCFW and their work was leaked, otherwise we might already have had ARK.

9. dr3amcast3r says:

First of all, Thanks Devs for this (most excellent) news.

I’ve been following the scene since it’s early days in psp (back in 2005). Every single game I do like I DO BUY. The fact we can use backup games (or pirated games) has to major benefits (a part from all the evil)
    1st: Game houses make a supreme effort to make good games because they know that the only reason people will spend money in games is if they like the game.
    2nd: allows users to spend their money with the knowledge that the game is really good and/or they like it (for instance I really like Lord of the Rings Tactics but most reviews of that game say it’s very bad)

As for a release date for the exploit/CFW. It’s their work, so only THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE when to release it.

10. xhack says:

F**K I thought Coldbird is back :(

11. bliz says:

I am the only one sick of ECFW??? Wololo didnt you said this Coldbird had a real CFW for Vita and not the same PSP emulated ***??

• hgoel0974 says:

no sir, we never said that, we said that coldbird had a better eCFW than TN’s.
      If you are so sick of piracy on the PSP and want piracy on the PSVita then please do it yourself.

12. Skars says:

First I thank you all for developing this and for sharing with us these information.

I don’t complain about being informed, even if release dates is unknown or not mentioned. Its your work and you better than anyone to decide when to talk, release or do anything with it, and there’s nothing more I can do, other than thanking you all for sharing every piece of information atm.

Nevermind these impatient kids.

Just a question, if the work does not belong only to frotegater, for who, is more fare to donate if I wish to?

Thanks again.

13. ryan7646 says:

You really can’t please everyone. Thank you for enlightening us with what is happening with the PS Vita scene.

14. hgoel0974 says:

they didn’t say they would never release it, they said that they might release it later when the scene really needs it, I have seen your posts on other sites, you really hate coldbird

15. Someone Else says:

Is this dbag the same dude as “american horror story” and “dario”? Seems like the same brainless trolling.

16. machomuu says:

Giving us something to look forward to is a bad thing? Well I’ll be.

17. hgoel0974 says:

why? because they are planning ahead, because they realize that we won’t always have kexploits, because they spent about 6 months working for your benefit?

18. hgoel0974 says:

totally agreed, this guy really reminds me of Shame JorDamned ;)

19. Someone Else says:

+1.

Team PRO are being purely kind and helpful.

Even if this doesn’t come out, it is so they can benefit everyone in the long run!

20. Someone Else says:

Agreed. Good to see he was the bigger man, but that’s not surprising.

Something like this did not defeat him, and we are thankful!

21. Jd8531 says:

Not once in the article does it blatantly state this wont get released. These devs do this so that you guys know what’s being worked on. There are technical reasons they don’t release it and other reasons. There’s an upcoming expoit release already and a ton has been released this year. It’s not teasing, if you don’t like it feel free to make your own exploit and give it out. If you don’t want this free hard work then please just stay quite.

22. Someone Else says:

Well said!

I’d like to see it come out too, but I’m not holding my breath with all these complainers.

I can only helplessly watch while they flush all our chances down the drain. But, since I have no control over that, we may as well resign to no release.

Thanks for nothing, complainers. Seriously.