(Video) Virtuous Flame introduces Vita eCFW ARK

Developer Virtuous Flame, the dev behind many projects including the recent Open CMA, just recently revealed some information on Chinese scene site duowan.com about a kernel exploit and Vita eCFW (a Custom Firmware running on the Vita within the PSP emulator) he’s been working on, dubbed ARK.

Virtuous Flame revealed that he has access to another working kernel exploit other than that of Frostegater’s, working on 2.02 and running his own version of a eCFW. This is extremely good news considering kernel exploits in the psp emu can be hard to come by, it’s always good to have more.

Virtuous Flame’s eCFW ARK is something similar to that of Total_Noob’s CEF. Virtuous Flame is already hard at work on a new eCFW Ark through a new kernel exploit, on the latest Vita 2.02 official firmware update.

ARK along with this exploit has some advantages compared to TN-C such as a neat feature of being able to instantly go into loading into the eCFW ISO menu instead of having to load the save data (note: this is most likely a feature of the game used for the exploit rather than ARK itself), like what we have seen with other exploits. Another advantage is that game compatibility and homebrew/emulator compatibility seems to be on par with TN-C, if not extremely better. The release date seems a bit unclear for now, especially with Frostegater’s upcoming exploit release.

You can see a video of it running below along with more information from the source, however do note that its not in English:

Sources close to the Pro team have hinted that more hackers than Virtuous Flame have been involved in this project, and that this could be the CFW Coldbird had been working on months ago, for which an encrypted version got leaked recently.

We will be following up with VF to get more details :)

Source

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

Number 1! 8-)

Anyway, you beat me to the article! by the time I thought of writing an article you had it ready

2. TheZekku’s avatar

this is very good news for the scene this should double the amount of vitas being hacked so if someone misses one exploit another one would probaly be just around the corner.

3. hgoel0974’s avatar

oh, and please no
    “hurry up with the release” posts
    you have no idea how annoying that is, just be patient and you will get your exploit!

1. >_>’s avatar

This coming from a guy who just made a “first” post……

Hypocrite. >_>

2. >_>’s avatar

lol, and “Number 1″ isn’t annoying?

Hypocrite. >_>

1. NakedFaerie’s avatar

Exactly. All the “number 1″ posts do is prove your a total idiot and have no real need to post except to prove your an idiot.

ENOUGH of these stupid #1 posts. I’ve posted first many times and you never see me post crap like that as I’m not an idiot.

How about you change your diper and think of something better to say except “First” or “Number 1″ How about just post “thanks” then you will be first one to thank them and as its at the top everyone will see your post first that way you will look a lot better than the wanker you look like now.

1. F’s avatar

It’s funny how those that cuss about all the idiots in the world could hardly spell “you’re.”

2. hgoel0974’s avatar

Trust me it isn’t as annoying as seeing people who you don’t even know beg or order you around.

Plus, my post was not just ‘Number 1′, it also said other things.

1. Theredbaron’s avatar

It’s not the begging that annoy me, well not much, as I REALLY WANT IT too. What I get mad about is the people complaining. The people who think that they are entitled to it.

There is always a reason for a hack like this not being released, be it not “ready” or whatever. Be patient, it’s not like these people are being paid. They are doing it in their free time.

1. kenny2858’s avatar

what i get annoyed at is not being “first”

3. xoombie503’s avatar

hurry up and release this

1. Tonakai’s avatar

Why even bother posting this? Do you really think your “hurry up” post is going to make any significant change in the release of this? If so, you are incredibly wrong.

There is a lot of effort that goes into finding and creating these exploits, and since these people do all this work and are actually kind enough to release it; the very least you can do is patiently wait for them to be happy to do so. In the long run, they gain nothing from releasing their exploits, and could just keep them to the elite few with the knowledge of how to do it.

If you want an exploit so badly, go learn how to find them yourself. Maybe then you’d realise how much effort they put into releasing files for people who are clearly unappreciative of their time and effort.

1. xoombie503’s avatar

I was messing with the guy…

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

You don’t say :roll:

4. Enough Already’s avatar

Does this guy come off a bit self righteous to anyone else?

Who is he?

Is he a bigshot mod and we don’t know it, or just some random blogger with a database/download app under his belt?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

If you really are so curious, please know that the above request wasn’t me trying to be a mod, it was what all of us bloggers and devs think and agree with, I was just voicing everyones concerns.

4. firelinker’s avatar

The best news to me is that someone probably found another game exploit.
    I don’t have eCFW or knowledge about it, but i wonder what is the reason why this would have better game/homebrew compatiblity than TN-C? don’t they run in the same sandbox?

1. xoombie503’s avatar

yes they do but coding is different and prob virtuos flame has taken the time to tweak his custom firmware to work better

5. MaxiExtreme’s avatar

Great News to All of us! Can’t wait to have these exploits on my vita!

6. NakedFaerie’s avatar

This is great but how many videos do we need of it? Isn’t this the 3rd video he’s released of it now?

How about they release a POC video then release it. No need for multiple videos of the same exploit.

1. xoombie503’s avatar

they dont owe you nothing..they can release a thousands videos if they want and you will hear news about it

1. NakedFaerie’s avatar

Its just stupid to release more than 1 video then people start to question the legibility of it.
        I for one if I see more than 1 video I start to think its fake. When I see 3 or more its a sign its fake and they just want the fame.
        Thats what I’m seeing here. I think this is the 3rd video and it looks the same as the last 2 so to me its fake.

If its so good to keep releasing videos then whats the problem with releasing it to prove its real?

1. xoombie503’s avatar

I understand if you are new to the scene but look at the work virtuos flame has done in the past and you will see its not fake…now virtous flame is or was teamed up with coldbird and they probably would never release this custom firmware because the first leak came from their testers and that made coldbird leave the scene.
          luckyly for us there was more than one exploit and total noob decided to release his work.
          so all in all be thankful there is 2 more known exploits in the wild,one about to be released by frostergate and its around the corner ;)

2. hgoel0974’s avatar

You have 3 comments on this post, what makes you think that we believe you are real? ;)

It isn’t really that easy on the developer to just go and release it especially when the dev has spent months working on it. He needs to consider everything and needs to convince himself to release, it isn’t just

“This is going to make me famous, I should release it as fast as possible”, trust me, that never works out, I already have experience.

3. wololo’s avatar

The other videos were leaks from beta testers, it is the first time something is officially and publicly said about this project.

4. Inky’s avatar

It is not stupid, it’s just you (and maybe a few others) who think it’s stupid (and/or fake) – and that alone does absolutely nothing. The devs have no need to release exploits just because you think it’s fake, heck, they could care less about crying people.

7. Dario’s avatar

How many stupid videos do we need of stupid games???? Tell all these moron idiots to release the stupid exploit already.

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

Some people need to start reading the comments.

8. Virtuous Flame’s avatar

I will release as many videos as I want. You will never get my information for the game because you are all dumb pieces of shi$ and the Z and Frost can go Fuc$ themselves.

1. Tonakai’s avatar

For anyone wondering, this guy is a fake. Ignore him.

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

yes, he a fake, plus VF would never say “f*ck frostegater”

2. American Horror Story’s avatar

I couldn’t agree with you more about the *go fuck yourself* part. lol

1. MrNano’s avatar

Plus wasn’t VF chinese? I don’t think he would know such language unless he got a street thug for an English teacher.

1. Mart’s avatar

The internetz learn you all the bad language one needs yo!

9. NakedFaerie’s avatar

I was hoping for an exploit before Christmas but as this video was released instead I doubt I’ll get one now. After Christmas is ok, just cant show it off over the next few days thats all.

10. Stbboy’s avatar

Good job

11. Jdubz’s avatar

Great news! I’ll keep checking in. Can’t wait to update my vita and get the new exploit! Thanks a bunch for the work being done on this. 8D

12. Tonakai’s avatar

Pretty darn happy about this – most certainly made my evening.

I’ll look forward to the release :D

13. fairy’s avatar

the is bit annoying so many videos but no release

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Just a reminder this is different than that of Frostegaters exploit.

14. HIMFan’s avatar

He didn’t use paper to cover info, I think theres a way to unedit the video and expose what he was covering.

1. DeadPixel99’s avatar

ummm no.

15. Frostrogue117’s avatar

Thank you for the hard work guys and or gals, can’t wait :’)

1. stOneskull’s avatar

on that subject, are there any gals anywhere in this scene? i’ve never noticed any.

1. Frostrogue117’s avatar

I don’t know, the article jusf says more hackefs havs been involved in the project other than himself, so I reckon there might be a woman.

16. HeroEduard0’s avatar

:/ Waiting for the release… I surrender! :(

17. Dario’s avatar

Hurry up and release the damn game you stupid mother fuc$ers and stupid as$ holes.

1. American Horror Story’s avatar

The exploit comes out on Christmas so just 1 more day. lol

1. simpl3lang’s avatar

im hoping for this too. an excellent xmas gift to the community

1. American Horror Story’s avatar

A certain moderator told me its going to to be released on Christmas. I know how to information. XD

18. JEJEJE’s avatar

HURRY UP! AND RELEASE THIS FUCKING SHIT!..

19. mecksg1’s avatar

They will realses it when they want to. Stop flaming

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

good to see that some people still have some brains
      Keep it up!

20. kenny2858’s avatar

people be patient, some of us know when its going to get released (or at least predict the release date.) so there you have it :D “hint” *Best present ever!”

21. Frostegator’s avatar

The game is Angry Birds :D

1. StepS’s avatar

nice try, and btw his nickname is not “Frostegator”

22. francis’s avatar

Thank you for the hard work guys and or gals, can’t wait also :’)

23. francis’s avatar

merry xmas!

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Merry Xmas to you too! :)

24. Trunk208’s avatar

Sorry for being a noob here, Can anyone tell me whats the difference between this and Frostegaters’s exploits? o_O?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It’s not too different. Some differences are that it has better ISO/CSO & Homebrew compatibility . Another is that it launches straight into the exploit as soon as you start the game.

1. Trunk208’s avatar

ok, so like using the full processor of the vita? cool

25. SSJ-Vita’s avatar

Messed up what happened to Coldbird, I wouldn’t mind having a “lost cfw” as an option among the currently available ones. The one thing vitas are castrated in and in desperate need of, is a browser that can support audio and video via html5, flash, or something/anything. That’s going to be one of the major finish lines for whoever gets to it first I think. Thanx for everything you devs do it’s awesome stuff!

26. Massimo’s avatar

Nice work! :)

There is one point that is bad: the storage of games is on the original Memory Card and a Memory card of PS Vita cost too much..I hope someone figures out how to use the micro sd with an adapter

1. stOneskull’s avatar

i’m sure the chinese are working on it..

27. psvitaplzhackit’s avatar

PLEASE can you somehow make exploit as save data for any of 4 xmas free minis? Idon’t know how it actually works, but please if it’s possible, can you make it? Because it will mean everybody with EU PSN account will be able to get exploit…

1. stOneskull’s avatar

only some games are exploitable.. there isn’t a choice.. but i’m sure if one of those is exploitable we’ll know eventually

28. Leires’s avatar

Oh boy for emulator compatibility with the words ‘if not extremely better’. If i had the means to convey mentally drooling, I’d do so.

29. wartaf’s avatar

well, nice news! :D

30. Dutt’s avatar

Oh its good..:P

31. me’s avatar

That game is Soul Trigger.

Seriously? How can you not Google this shit easily?

1. stOneskull’s avatar

it’s sol trigger, as in the sun

32. Metarortiz’s avatar

Is the exploit any early to be released? I lost track

33. Diablo050189’s avatar

Everyone who keeps posting these “hurry up and release” posts just need to stop. I come from the android dev scene and people constantly harassing the devs will eventually piss them off and make them not release it. I’ve seen it happen, and it kept gingerbread off one of the best phones I’ve ever had. id rather just be thankful and wait a few weeks and have it eventually then piss them off and have them never release it.
    Thanks devs and keep up the good work. Cant wait to have emus on psvita. They run much smoother on the ps than they do on the phone.

1. Dario’s avatar

Don’t listen to this moron. No one in their right mind would have android to begin with, people should have iPhone. Hurry up as2holes and release it.

34. DumBish’s avatar

It would make sense to release it on Christmas since the people that work at Sony won’t be in office/work!

35. Kizu’s avatar

这个应该不是troll吧?

1. SMOKE’s avatar

He posted this:

“This should not be a troll, right?”

36. SMOKE’s avatar

Does anybody know if this will be ported to the Urbanix exploit?The reason I’m asking is cause, well, I got banned from PSN on my PS3 and my account was terminated :(

Before you post “Why do you cheat online” questions, all I did was sync my Angry Birds Trilogy scores by mistake. :(

1. Dario Poo’s avatar

Way to go cheater, this will not be ported you should know that by now moron

1. SMOKE’s avatar

Fuckin Troll

37. The Z’s avatar

there still bugs found on the exploit which can brick the psvita. so we plan to released on new year. For those who’s wondering what the game is, it’s monopoly..So, go get it guys.

1. F’s avatar

LOL.. nice try, dumbass.

38. Losiento’s avatar

What do you guys mean with ninja Claus? I can not understand this? Ninja Clau? Santa Claus= Chrismas? What we have today? Why i wait from Yesterday to Today…. ??? I dont sleep the Night, because iam scared that Sony deleted the game and the chance is over… Ninja Claus dont come? If Ninja Claus dont come… iam very pissed of…. because all the time on chrismas iam presh the f5 button for nothing.

39. Losiento’s avatar

the people make Party and i hope for nothing with this Ninja Claus

40. Senhor dos Anais.’s avatar

Eu realmente fico impressionado com a inteligencia desses caras para descobrirem essas coisa… realmente é muito trabalho envolvido… ^_^

41. Losiento’s avatar

This is better to tell us that we must not wait on Christmas!!!! Ninja Claus lol???? Than we can go to us Family and lose not time for free…. With ninja Claus i thing to 100% that a release come today on Christmas!!! Because Ninja Claus!!!! This is to stupid. sry but its not cool!!!!

42. Losiento’s avatar

i spend never again… because Ninja Claus dont come!

43. Nolosiento’s avatar

Just shut up

44. Dario Poo’s avatar

It’s finally out go go go hurry get it

1. Nolosiento’s avatar

What, what’s out?

1. SMOKE’s avatar

He’s just a troll.. Ignore him

45. 300z’s avatar

I just downgraded to Sega game gear thanks

46. Kim see’s avatar

does it required to buy a game or to have an exploit game? sorry. noob here. first time vita user. haha.

47. firthaa01’s avatar

Ninja Clause is coming to town!!!!!!!!!!! Much Love to the devs who have put time into making this a truly epic christmas.

48. firthaa01’s avatar

i wish it would hurry up so i wouldnt have to read the dumb ass comments and the people faking to be devs telling us to go buy monopoly and shit….get a fuckn life you dicks.
    Much love and respect go out to to the devs and there hard work.
    You have truly brought about a great xmas thanks guys

49. Z Zet Z’s avatar

Ok, the time has come go and get it. Merry Christmas!!! We worked on it. Or gift to you is not telling you which game it is but the gift is that its out there.

1 · 2 ·