PSVita OFW 2.02 Out

The PSVita OFW 2.02 has been released. As usual it is just ‘minor bug fixes’. At the moment, it is not forced.

This update seems to be safe. I have gotten in touch with The Z and he has confirmed that everything still works fine on 2.02, it seems like this one really is just some minor bug fixes.

The Z took the time to make some videos of eCFW running on 2.02:

So, it is ok to update! Now just sit tight and wait for Ninja Claus!

1. thanya919’s avatar

great news Thank.

2. elsisero87’s avatar

Great! I have a question… I have a 1.80 PSVita and I have the Motostorm exploit… If I update to 2.00 – 2.01 – 2.02 will it be safe or will I lose the chance to use eCFW?

Great job you’re doing, man! :)

1. tryonmydream’s avatar

yes u’ll lost your old ecfw

1. elsisero87’s avatar

thanks dude! then I’ll stick to my fw a little longer… :D

1. warfaren’s avatar

What? Motorstorm exploit on 1.80? No way… That exploit only ran on 1.61 and lower right?

1. elsisero87’s avatar

Gee, you’re right! My mistake… actually I have a 1.61…. so even by upgrading to 1.80 I’ll lose the eCFW…. correct?

2. TheZekku’s avatar

you can still get the eCFW however you will need to buy the new exploited game that has yet to be announced.
      Your Motostorm exploit will no longer work.

1. elsisero87’s avatar

Ok, got it… let’s hope that I can get the ninja post! How will I see it anyway? will it be a post that lasts only a few minutes, or du I need special grants to see it?

Thanks in advance for all the help and clarification you’re giving me guys!

3. tryonmydream’s avatar

good to know

ok im going to update too xD

4. Mr. Shizzy’s avatar

2.02? Glad the new exploit hasn’t been released yet. It prob would have gotten patched.

Another thing, I hate how $ONY releases these minor updates and only announces the changes as “minor bug fixes”. Tell us what you fixed!! It makes you wonder if they got a team of guys finding exploits and if a Kmode exploit is found a patched firmware update is released or something…

1. lol’s avatar

That’s probably why they won’t usually tell you if they fixed an exploit or not…

5. fatman01923’s avatar

Thanks hgoel0974 and The Z for reporting this news. I always try to stay to the latest OFW possible before trying to do an exploit, it helps me stay online sometimes like this when updates aren’t forced. Thank you guys especially for the video, proof is in the evidence! :D On that note I will update now.

1. salvador edwards’s avatar

Hi, im new on wololo.. after i start using HOMEBREW CHANEL, ifor MONSTER HUNTER TRI 3, 3 I got interested of it… then i got my PS.vita and now im trying to get the PS vita’s HB..
      the problem is that i always get late fot the exploit game.. and every time i upgrade it appear to be a VHBL for my old FW i need help on it im tired of being late..
      My Question is. how do i know what will be the next exploit game?.. i need instruction i cant miss this one too.. if is possible. to make me know about the exploit game from my email?
      my FIRMWARE now is 2.01.. and because is it not forced, i will remain there. Who know if u upgrade to 2.02 u may get forced to upgrade to the next FW and loss everything. I’m not sure. as i say, “I’mnew on PS VITA STUF” and i dont know what is happening now. thax 4 ur help.. and ‘HAPPY CHRISTMAS”

6. Gamer’s avatar

thank dude,keep going! We’re always waiting for your news.Can’t wait to see the exploits and eCFW.

7. PSVita Guy’s avatar

I can’t wait to see the native vita exploits.

1. ourengland’s avatar

yup… am gona stick with 1.8 and wait for the book of the dead

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

then you will waiting like 2 years, theres no sdk for that

8. Matthew’s avatar

Exploits please!

9. zzx’s avatar

ok, update

10. FishSticks’s avatar

What I don’t understand it, why Sony hasn’t Viewed The Z’s purchases by finding the account linked with his mac address and found all of these exploitable games before the files can be released publicly.

1. The Z’s avatar

Because its not legal?

1. tryonmydream’s avatar

and if sony do that i guess maybe they’ll be the one that illegal

1. FishSticks’s avatar

Neither is piracy caused by these exploits. Two wrongs don’t make a right but it sure evens things out. Anyway I don’t think they really care about us running unsigned code as long as it doesn’t impact greatly on their profits.

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

how sony will knows what is the z account?

1. FishSticks’s avatar

They would be able to find his account because he displays his mac address in his videos which identifies his device and more than likely his account will be tied to it.

11. PSVita Guy’s avatar

Because sony is foolish

12. psVitovic’s avatar

hahah ninja claus! :D

1. RagingCore’s avatar

It sounds like the release will be around the 25th of December :D

1. TheBudds’s avatar

Who really wants to work on Christmas?

13. green_archer’s avatar

the game exploit would then be on Christmas? I’m getting excited for this one!

1. n1nurt4’s avatar

shh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously keep quiet about it

1. >_>’s avatar

Oh chill out >_>

14. kaiserlufet’s avatar

wew I thought it is a major fix update
    tnx for the update

15. 53xy’s avatar

Guys m really new to this …just bought ps vita a week ago
    n i want to hack it n have ecfw n watever things are necessary.
    so how do we actually make it work ??
    i mean pls guide me from step 1 to last..thanx alot in advance

1. n1nurt4’s avatar

Read the forums. you’re welcome :)

2. >_>’s avatar

Step 1: Upgrade to latest official firmware.
      Step 2: See step 1.
      Step 3: Enjoy! :D

16. E’s avatar

I LOVE the “Ninja Claus” part. Makes you wonder of the exploit will be released on Christmas lol

17. kaiserlufet’s avatar

I have a question about that
    do we really need to update to 2.02 from 2.01?

18. gunblade’s avatar

the starup differnt again

19. gunblade’s avatar

did they fix the cma wifi issue

20. diablo050189’s avatar

i just want to know what region the hack will b on cuz im US but it seems most hacks r for UK first then ported for other regions

21. Jdubz’s avatar

Thanks for the great news! Can’t wait to update so my ecfw and playstation all stars can co-exist peacefully. :D

22. kl8on1’s avatar

rainbowpuke.jpg

1. >_>’s avatar

COOLSTORYBRO.MOV

23. notder’s avatar

That’s good to hear

24. heolf’s avatar

This ofw will not cause any type of problem on the psvita, right?

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

somebody post on the forum that 2.02 fix he´s camera issue

1. >_>’s avatar

Yep, and it gives you epic homebrew ability! Try it out! :D

25. maverick817’s avatar

time to update ninja claus will be here soon

26. swordchi’s avatar

give us the exploits!!!!!! PLEASE?!?!?!?!

1. nero’s avatar

calm your vagina. go find your own exploit instead of begging and demanding a release.

1. n1nurt4’s avatar

haha calm your vagina. I can imagine a vagina quivering, and dripping juices, “exploits nao”. I spit out my cereal reading that :D

1. stOneskull’s avatar

haha

1. >_>’s avatar

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

27. Dragonjjp’s avatar

I think ninja releases are for people who have ofw upper to 1.81, because if new ecfw updates appear, it should appear for all ofw and for all games in which an exploit can be done. Otherwise, i will have to buy a new game each time i want to use ecfw in a recent ofw if i already have it in 1.81?

I wont update unless i would forced to do it :)

28. TtahaD’s avatar

I am waiting new exploit

29. the gold’s avatar

ca sen bon le cado de noel ^^ mki

30. Gadrastus’s avatar

Ninja Claus is coming to town!!

1. nero’s avatar

HO HO HO! MERRY HACKMAS!!!

31. arjunsm’s avatar

Updating now…

32. NobleVita’s avatar

Quick question…..if I get the next exploit, and then upgrade my memory card to say 16gb can I use open cma to transfer everything back originally thus the game exploit remaining as the original and not like some sort of patched version of it ?

1. tryonmydream’s avatar

i don’t sure about it but i was once change my 4gb to 32gb and it still working (but thats vhbl only)

1. NobleVita’s avatar

Well I suppose if you use open cma to back up your original games/data and then transfer them back to the new memory card they would be unchanged?

33. ivo’s avatar

i had no luck trying to crash on vita
    no work for me on 2.02 …
    did it work for u ?

34. keane’s avatar

My bro just said, it might be a fix on the YouTube app, so it can open with games, for examp you could switch to YouTube app for video tutorials, then switch back to game. I may be wrong.

35. Dario’s avatar

The new game is out, it’s marioland.

36. mecksg1’s avatar

Is the vita nintendo now lol

37. Dario’s avatar

The new game is out on the psn store, it’s Super Mario Brothers 4, go go go!!!!!

1. NoOne’s avatar

Hey mario game is not available in US PSN.

38. hoh’s avatar

that wos stupid naw son gona cheak all thos minis that he show on Video and fix bug

1. mlc’s avatar

While I thought that was a good idea and did pay attention to what Minis showed up (though I’m not going to go to the trouble of actually looking them up on PSN just from the pics in his video), you should notice that he always moves the camera when scrolling from the top of his TNMenu list to the bottom… so presumably that was to protect the identity of the ninja game, which makes it incredibly unlikely that it’s one of the 3 or 4 other minis (besides Urbanix) that appeared in his video. It was likely in the middle of the list, otherwise that was a huge error and panning away from the screen was done for no purpose.

So I really wouldn’t advocate that anyone go out and buy the minis that are visible, since it’s pretty clear that even if they have possible exploits (which is doubtful) they are not the game for the next ninja release.

1. The Z’s avatar

They are just for distracting people, of course i hid the exploit game ;)

1. mlc’s avatar

That’s just what you would say if you hadn’t hid the exploit game! O.o

Seriously though, I’m kidding. I hope no one buys one of those random minis, though I guess they could check them for exploits for fun. lol

39. Tomas’s avatar

Ok, figured out which game is the ninja, it’s all stars battle

1. n1nurt4’s avatar

you’re joking, right?

1. DeadPixel99’s avatar

Yes he is joking ….all stars battle is not a psp game so obviously hes full of it.

40. Wratched’s avatar

Yeah he’s full of it the new exploit game is Hitman, go get it now.

41. CarlosNT’s avatar

thanks

42. j-sin21’s avatar

so does 2.02 actually do anything productive, ima updated just to Bragg its on the latest ofw

43. nCadeRegal’s avatar

good to hear great work guys as always good luck and may good fortune fall upon you

44. 200C under’s avatar

ninja release……I guess the release is too far from me……but I still pray for being one of them.

45. gQx’s avatar

Why no news about Playstation@Home app for vita? It’s been out for some time on psn but sony remove it. Has anyone downloaded it?

46. Dario’s avatar

The new exploit game has been released everyone. It’s call of duty.

47. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

sooo im assuming open CMA still works?…ill just test it for myself after i post this anyways, but i didnt see anything said about it yet.

48. Crimson’s avatar

Still can’t sign in psn or whatever… :/

49. tracer22jhayahr’s avatar

Just hang your vita on your window, ninja claus is comming to town.. Lol!

1 · 2 · 3 ·