Release: Play PSX games on eCFW

You can now play your classic PlayStation games with any eCFW exploit.

That’s right, you can now play your classic PSX games with any TN eCFW exploits. The good news is that it works on all firmwares, even on the latest 2.01 official firmware’s psp emu kernel exploit from frostegater that we have yet to release. The PSX support works, however there are some bugs and glitches that come along with it, nothing that apprehends general use. The bad news is that, as of now there is still no sound support, which is sadly an outcome of Coldbird leaving the scene awhile back as he was the only one with sound coded at all. We may see it later on, however seeing it any time soon would be unlikely as it would take some incredible work to get it done.

Thanks to The Z, who was kind enough to go ahead and make a simple patch for this release, so that you don’t have to do anything else besides copy over the contents into your exploit folder. You can launch your PSX games straight from TN menu. Right now other menus have not been tested other than TN, so its better that you stick to that. If you were not aware, TN-C was released recently in which you should update to if you are still on an earlier version. You’ll need to make sure that the PSX game(s) are able to run/patched for 6.60. If you want to see a compatibility list you can visit this community /talk thread; its also extremely helpful if you could report your findings on what games work or wont work.

Download here: http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?id=2417594

Note*: The Z’s link provided here is for those who are interested, but please don’t ask us for a mirror if this one dies, as these files are in a grey area since they can contain code belonging to Sony. Also note that Wololo.net does not condone piracy.

Credits:
Total_Noob (For all his work involved in the PSP and PS Vita scene)
Frostegater (For compiling the POPCORN.PRX file from the TN-C sources)

1. GOD’s avatar

sony tattle tale snitch bitches are watching beware.

2. ourengland’s avatar

i happened to miss all the exploits.. and cant buy any games.. will staying on 1.8 mean good until a real vita exploit comes out?

1. Theredbaron’s avatar

As far as I know, it doesn’t matter. Even if you do get a new exploit, it will need to be on the latest firmware, so as to DL the needed game.

Though I am not sure, as I don’t have me a vita yet. Hopefully for Xmas :). So anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

2. Sean’s avatar

Mad Blocker Alpha is 2 dollars. Just save up for it champ. You can still get it I think and it lets you run eCFW TN-C

3. Hellinferno’s avatar

And why will we download it if there isnt sound on games?,at least its a start but i’ll wait.

1. Theredbaron’s avatar

Personally I almost never use audio on portables. Mainly because I can’t stand the music, but also because I normally listen to my music when out.

1. poop’s avatar

yeah same i never use audio on a portable device. most of the time im watching a movie or something on the tv so i dont wanna the clashing sounds haha

4. patty’s avatar

Can Anyone tell me how and where to put the EBOOT ? on my root i already have a PSP folder with stuff inside ,so this doesnt work , thanks in advance

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Goes inside its own folder in ms0:/PSP/GAME

5. HGM’s avatar

Does the MH exploit works on 2.01 too? Or do i have to get Motorstorm or super collapse 2?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

None of those will work, youll need the one we haven’t released yet.

6. cucu’s avatar

simple as ftping the game folder in the games foler

7. sasuke1981’s avatar

very nice add thanks a lot :) i’m waiting to have sound soon

8. TobeyDemon’s avatar

awesome. i love this site. no vita, but my 3001 is still going strong. lcfw & iso/homebrew/plugins. love this site indeed.

9. DaveDaymc’s avatar

does anyone have TUT for this cuz this is my first time trying to hack my vita can anyone add me on my skype pls:jackeyda i really need help i have Resevil 3 and castle vania sotn. pls someone i am confuse

10. ICYHEART’s avatar

Nothing work with me I do everything right
    I used NT-C
    give me BLACK SCREEN
    after license by sony
    the games are going to be
    start but it give me black screen
    I play alone in the dark
    peps man
    re3
    crash1
    no one is work

1. gaoban’s avatar

I tried DBZ Legens and its a no go.

11. cucu’s avatar

crash 1 worked for me bust a groove didn’t

12. Peleep’s avatar

I give up. can’t get beyond black screen even though all the ones i tried worked on ePSXe…

13. olivier’s avatar

Just a idea; look at ‘fpse’ and/or ‘fpsece’, these are both really good working PSX emus, that (afaik) share the tricks of the trade (thats how the mobile version came to exist)

Im sure they can tell you how the sound works, since both those apps got working sound in all games, often even working seperate volume for music & soundeffects.

14. olivier’s avatar

Actually, if you dont mind me suggesting, why not look at doing a ‘fpsepsp’? im sure fpse or fpsece team will be willing to help out.

15. MUD’s avatar

WOW!
    Motorstorm Arctic Edge works “with SOUND!!!”

Sorry if this is old news. :/

1. MUD’s avatar

Sorry MSAC is a PSP game, no news there.
      I was adding EBOOTS and ISOs and got mixed up.. :/
      My bad.

16. StanSmith’s avatar

I tried Thrill Kill and it got to the first movie but never played it.
    I can get to the “PRESS X + [] to continue” then it black screens.

17. StanSmith’s avatar

And what format do they have to be in?
    I tried ISO and it never showed up, I tried EBOOT and get to that PRESS X+[] then locks up, and I tried BIN and didn’t show up.

I tried the BIN and ISOs from the savegame/exploit dir and the ISO dir. I have PSP ISOs in them and they work but the PSX ISOs dont even show up in the TN-C menu.

18. kenderson’s avatar

can someone please make a video on how to play psx games please THANKS

19. Whackm’s avatar

I tried TEMPEST X, got the Sony Logo, but it seems to die after that…

· 1 · 2