Frostegater gets his new Vita, eCFW for 2.01 coming soon

Frostegater has finally gotten enough donations to get a new Vita. In a message to The Z (here), he has announced that he will be releasing the game this month.

If you have been following the scene lately you should know that Frostegater is in possession of a Kernel Exploit inside the PSP emulator on the Vita. As usual it will first undergo a ninja release so that trusted members get enough time to purchase the game from the Playstation store.

The files for the exploit will be released a few days after the game is announced publicly. As usual when the release happens we’ll ask you to not speak about this publicly and to not spam on the forums asking for information.

Last time, we found lots of leaks on different sites which might have wasted the exploit (it did for Mad Blocker Alpha, which was removed from the PSN before we made any public announcement). We request that you DO NOT do this. By leaking the name of the game, you are just ruining it for everyone. The best way to get the exploit is to sign up on the /Talk forums and make sure that you don’t get warned.

1. Evan’s avatar

[ASK] if I hack my psp vita.. Can I play every Vita’s game? or just can play psp iso?

1. h777’s avatar

Damn these poor bastard, Home-brew, and psp iso!

2. Sharath’s avatar

No.You can only play psp games and homebrew apps.

1. Sharath’s avatar

sorry wrong reply

3. Sharath’s avatar

No.You can only play psp games and homebrew apps.k

2. Robert’s avatar

What the hell is the holdup???? Why is this moron not releasing it yet???

1. ano’s avatar

i guess his vita got stolen again. so there will no released until he get new vita again lol..donate folks donate..lol

2. wololo’s avatar

Frostegater has released stuff twice already in the past month. Keep your lack of respect for yourself, and be patient. If you don’t know at this point how ninja releases work, you’re probably hopeless.

1. Dominosmd’s avatar

Hey wololo will I be able to se the nija release with the vita browser like I did on my pc
        Or should I use the pc?

1. wololo’s avatar

It should work from your vita as well, as long as you have no issues looking at the site usually with your vita.

1. dominosmd’s avatar

It should be fine just dont recall on vita there being a scrolling banner
            I just know im gunna be at work when it comes should I wait to upgrade
            im still using 1.81 psp KHBBS wish they would release it already :(

3. TelcoLou’s avatar

Robert; you are a large, dripping dick.

4. Sneax673’s avatar

I believe the moron here is you…

3. Vitaface’s avatar

I bet you he made thousands from all the donations. Thousands and then you won’t hear from him again hahahahaah

1. gunblade’s avatar

If then frost did make tbiusands i hope he got a dev vita n take better care of it dis time or dont loose it sumhow

4. REDTRONGUY’s avatar

Which is funny cuz thats how the psp was first hacked in the first place (EX: creating an overflow in the ram to allow a program to insert itself into the flow of information being processed)-some website

Wouldn’t it be possible to insert an executable into the vita the same way?

1. REDTRONGUY’s avatar

You could obtain the source code with the right program

5. gunblade’s avatar

Perceft n i think i goot just enough to get a 20 psn card hope got enough to get discont plus games uncharted n wipe out prety good

6. mephisto’s avatar

I signed up on the /Talk forums and I was never warned but I never got the ninja release. Do I have to post on the threads? XD
    And can I use the exploit if I have a Monster Hunter cartridge?

1. ano’s avatar

it by turns i guess..maybe will not get all which not just happened at u only..depend on admin to give u or not..

7. fastsnipz40k’s avatar

Cant wait for it but i became my Vita after christmas so hopefully it came after christmas please !!!

8. tracer22jhayahr’s avatar

Hi Wololo, some site (unfortunately this site also) was blocked/filtered here in my work and i use some blocked site opener (proxy) to view this site. I’d like to ask if i can still view ninja release even if im using proxy sites to bypass this damn firewall here in our office? sorry for my bad english. Hope for your response. Thanks.

1. wololo’s avatar

Hi. In theory this shouldn’t be a problem, although to be honest our “trust” algorithm takes proxies/vpn into account (as well as many other parameters) to measure how fast you will get the info. So, practically, you increase the risk of getting the information a bit later than other members when you use a proxy. But you would see the ninja release eventually though.

1. technodude’s avatar

question how will I be notified about the ninja release?

9. Kaiser Maverick’s avatar

Im curious to know if a psp iso/cso loader will ever be released. And also if it will play import games. Would love to play MHP3 and Crisis Core again. PSP broke but I kept my UMD so no one can say I was pirating. Lol :)

10. tracer22jhayahr’s avatar

Well that will be good enough news for me. Im so excited to play homebrews to my vita. Thank you for your kind responsed. Long live to you and your team!

11. papimax68’s avatar

Yo tampoco he visto nunca los anuncios,investigando resulta que no habia activado el link del correo wololo hasta hoy,que fallo.Podre ver las hazañas a partir de ahora?Un saludo y gracias por continuar con eCFW,os deseo lo mejor.Felices Fiestas

12. lyric’s avatar

omg i hope it release soon

13. EmoteNooBskills’s avatar

I hope this one is a mini game. O.o

14. Kekesu73’s avatar

My psp1000 broke :( i used to play hella download games. Man i can’t wait for the new firmware 2.01 on vita. I just recently got this like 2 weeks ago. Still kinda new at it.

1. lyric’s avatar

ikr they need to release it in stop playing around

15. HateFrosty’s avatar

Yeah, hurry up freezer face and release it!!!!!!!

16. lyric’s avatar

lol i hope that gamea mini cus i just bought gta sanandreas for ps3

17. istanbul’s avatar

**********************the impossible******************
    minis heck games The impossible. ********

18. Matthew’s avatar

Please release…!!

19. francis’s avatar

suggestion..maybe we can use old game exploit like monster hunter, gravity crush for this one that are not patched and was downloaded or brought before hand… thanks

20. Ronaldo2k12’s avatar

How does the Ninja Release works?
    What I have to do to get this eCFW when you leave?

21. Lykill’s avatar

Wololo thanks for the good news I have been dying to mod my vita. I would love if you guys can send me the ninja. I play more on my PSP then on my vita. So nautraly n would love my PSP games on my vita. Loving or work and you have full support from my side. Thanks

22. Lykill’s avatar

Correction. I love your work and you have my full support.

23. wowdeww’s avatar

everyone talking bad about frostegater should be burned i donaated a healthy portion knowing how much he could still get but he works hard at wat he does and we should be thanking him without people like him we cant carry on playing the old school games we love on our new systems. you guys r ungratefull for his work and u should have ur eyes burnt out so u can never play another game again to see how u like it… we love you guys wololo,frostegater,TheZ

1. GreeNinja’s avatar

thumb up! however i can’t wait. hope it release as soon as possible……….

24. Disgusted_Vita_User’s avatar

@ wowdeww

It’s a disgrace for any human-being to wish blindness or the burning out of eyes on another. If this is the type of people the homebrew and exploit Devs are working so hard for then I don’t blame then when they pack up and leave.

25. ruggy’s avatar

Keep up the great work people , hopefully we get a nice Christmas gift .

26. patty’s avatar

You got your donations ! your vita was stolen , aah oke , doesnt sound plausible , when there is a german dude also asking to donate you ! dont you think you should release now to the people ?

27. patty’s avatar

You are bannig yourself , doesnt matter what you make, you cant make people begg nd give !

28. Disgusted_Vita_User’s avatar

Why so much talk about downloaded Vita games or ISO’s? Can’t you see beyond your own greed?

If the Vita gets an ISO loader at this point, you can kiss goodbye to any new titles or publisher / dev support. Even a Psp ISO loader could finish it. I am not impressed with the restrictions of the titles we can play in the PSN network but all of you screaming out for an ISO loader are just blind. If one arrived the only ISO’s you would be loading are what exists at the moment. The Vita has so much potential and all I want at this moment is the ability to play some homebrew.

29. KawaiiDesu’s avatar

I hope they release this when everyone at Sony are celebrating and get drunk to slow their response to the exploit!

30. Kaiser maverick’s avatar

I don’t understand what’s so greedy about wanting to play all of the old psp games. I think we would be entitled to that since psp games are no longer in development. It would be the same as someone playing ROMs on their computer.

31. swordchi’s avatar

when will this be relased?? im on 2.01 and im getting tired of waiting……feel like returning my vita but because i hear good reviews about frostgear i still wait….please hurry!! i really want this

32. Disgusted_Vita_User’s avatar

@ Kaiser maverick

I wasn’t talking about Psp games concerning greed, I was talking about people who want Vita ISO’s.

· 1 · 2 · 3