Well, if you don’t have VHBL/eCFW but are still on OFW 1.81, then hurry up because using this method you will be able to get the eCFW by Total_Noob running on your Vita!
Mad Blocker Alpha, Gravity Crash and Urbanix are back on the PSN, so if you follow this guide you will be able to run the eCFW on your 1.81 Vita.
You need a PSVita (with 1.81 OFW), a PS3, Open CMA 4.5 (and money on your PSN Account ). I personally recommend Mad Blocker Alpha because it’s the cheapest but you can get any of the exploitable games (Urbanix, Mad Blocker Alpha, and Gravity Crash) .
- Once you’ve got everything prepared, run Open CMA and connect your PSVita to your PC. Open Content Manager on the Vita and when it asks you if you want to transfer content simply disconnect your Vita from the PC but with Content Manager still open.
- Then, press OK and connect your Vita with your PS3, choose “Connect with a PS3 system” and the transferring screen should appear again.
- Then, download the exploited game you want from the PS3 and download it but DO NOT INSTALL IT.
- Choose copy content from the PS3 to the Vita, then go to Applications and PSP/Others.
- Go to Applications downloaded from the PS3 and now select the game and copy it to the Vita.
- Now download the Savedata (make sure to select the one for the game you chose), copy it with open CMA and you’ve got eCFW on your PSVita!
Note by wololo: it seems Charles proxy does not allow you to connect to the PSN anymore if you’re below 2.00. Please confirm this statement, or let us know in the comments if you managed to buy content from the PSN on 1.81 without the need for a PS3.
Source -> PSX-Scene