Release: Open CMA 5 (Compatible with all 2.00+ firmwares)

Open CMA has finally been fixed to work on the new firmwares.

After the recently released 2.00 and 2.01 firmware updates for the PlayStation Vita, Open CMA versions 4.5 and below no longer worked due to Sony’s new changes. However, now a new version, Open CMA 5, has been made by Virtuous Flame to work with the newest Vita firmwares. It’s recommend you download and use it, if you are on firmwares higher than 1.81. Open CMA 5 will only work on 2.00 and higher, so if you are on firmwares 1.81 and below continue and/or use my existing Open CMA 4.5 version. You can find the download for Open CMA 5 below with a description of what Open CMA is for those of you who need clarification or are new.

What is Open CMA?

Open CMA is the content manager assistant to copy files to the Vita. Open CMA is the same as the official Sony version but modified, so that you can copy files without any internet connection unlike the official Sony CMA which requires a constant internet connection to the Sony Servers, something that can be inconvenient  It will also not sneak a patch or do a forced firmware update on your device if one comes out and it will not send any data to Sony or their servers about whats being copied, edited, and transferred. Open CMA also does not collect data regarding crashes.

In General it:

1. Allows offline transfers on either PC or Vita.
2. Allows lower firmwares to transfer. (Open CMA 5 works on 2.00+ Only)
3. Disallows the sending of information to Sony.
4. No contact to Sony’s servers.
5. Open CMA prevents CMA from auto updates or mandatory updates.
6. It also allows you to transfer anything black listed, it doesn’t check their servers to confirm if its on the PSN.
7. Lets you copy Homebrew, ISO/CSO to use with an exploit with less errors.

How to Install VF’s Open CMA 5

1. Download the latest verision of the Official CMA

2. Apply VF”s Open CMA 5 patch in the same folder as the official one

3. Run .bat and then setdll.exe

Download Open CMA 5: Here

1. Gotron’s avatar

Thank. I feel so free on a ps vita on v2.01

2. chazychaz’s avatar

hey guys, any idea how to make my open cma work. my vita’s EU version. and as ive read in the forums, the release of Open CMA 5 is for JAP region only. will someone please teach me how? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

3. Kiddo’s avatar

Don’t forget to right click and run as Admin, it took me forever to figure that out lol

1. Kyle’s avatar

You sir are a genius. Thank you for the tip!

2. kitsunisan’s avatar

This, this, 1000 times this! Run the .bat as administrator, otherwise it won’t be able to install the necessary files.

3. jckun’s avatar

uhhh dud admin uh soory to ask this but theres no admin on my pc right click thingy please ms again thanks

4. brando’s avatar

specs
    Computer OS
    Windows 7
    PS Vita Updated to 2.01

1.I downloaded the official vita cma like the directions said!
    2.I downloaded cma5 extracted it and copied the files in to the
    original offical cma folder!
    3.I ran bat file then i ran setdll…(also tried in reverse)
    4.When i ran bat file it says Access is Denied
    0 file copied
    Success: The process “CMA.exe” with pid 7740 has been terminated

Error: The Process “CMADownloader.exe” not found
    Error: Couldnt vack up CMA.exw to CMA.exe~: 5

Samething with CMA Downloader.exe and CMANPLIB

5. VivaLaVita’s avatar

I deleted my old CMA (official version) re downloaded the latest version, and installed it.
    Then I downloaded the Open CMA 5 zip file from wololo’s blog and unzipped it.
    I copied all of those files into my program files/Sony/Content Manager Assistant where the real one is located
    Then I ran the “Run.bat” (batch file) and a black window came up with some codes, I hit any key to continue when it was done.
    After that I went to run “setdll” and for a very brief second another black window (like before) came up and immediately closes it self.

And that is where I am. I have no idea if it was installed correctly or not, and if it was how do I use it? Also if not, what did I do wrong? (the instructions are brief and slightly vague)

Thank you (I live in USA) if that matters…

6. scrub7’s avatar

Noob here, how can you tell if open CMA installed properly? Or rather, how do you use it once it is?

7. exequiel’s avatar

its not working.. help..

8. exequiel’s avatar

is this still works?

9. exequiel’s avatar

cma5 is not working need help guys T_T

10. Dirtabd’s avatar

Open CMA 5 did not work for me on GC 1.81 of coarse. But i was able to use the connect to Open CMA for 1.81 on the PC and then run CMA on vita in backround then unplug and plug usb into PS3 then resume CMA trick to transfer UNO game and Playstation AllStars to my Vita on 1.81 without any fuss from PSN, the PS3 was indeed connected to the net too cuz it would not work if it wasnt connected. Does anyone have any explanation of why this still works?

11. Matthew’s avatar

I did everything on the directions but how do you make sure you have openCMA?

1. AyeGuy’s avatar

Turn off your internet and try to connect your vita to your computer.

12. Keyur’s avatar

ATTENTION-Correct way for Installing OCMA
    1-Download the RAR file
    2-Extract all the files to the Original CMA folder.
    3-Run “RUN” file
    4-Run Setdll.exe

NOTE-it wont work unless you copy all the extracted files to the Original CMA’s Folder

1. kupomogli’s avatar

“ATTENTION-Correct way for Installing OCMA
      1-Download the RAR file
      2-Extract all the files to the Original CMA folder.
      3-Run “RUN” file
      4-Run Setdll.exe”

Doesn’t work. I used what I had previously with 2.02. Extracted the .rar into the same folder. Opened Run.bat. Then opened Setdll.exe. Doesn’t work.

When opening the .bat file it seems that some files overwrite others, but there are a lot that say that they won’t overwrite certain files. Or access denied, 0 files copied.

13. Rasheem’s avatar

Thanks brother! Love your work.

14. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

Open CMA 5, after a few months of using it, just stopped owrking last night, and I was trying to copy Uno back over to my Vita from my PC, too… wtf

15. cain’s avatar

yo tango mi vita en la 2.05 i intente poner el parche open cma y me salta erro archivo cma .exe no encotrado
    y
    erro archivo cma doulader no encotrado.exe no encotrado

y no me funciona el open cma sin internet grasias previas por sus respuestas

16. beto’s avatar

yo tengo el 20.2 y meva muy bien gracias por el aporte mi hijo quedo muy contento pudepasarle sus juegos sin necesidad deque mepida actualizacion actualizado hoy 09FEB12

17. Vokoca’s avatar

So, what is this good for, save for being able to use CMA offline? Will this let me transfer games from one account to another, or is that still impossible?

1. stOneskull’s avatar

if you’re on official firmware it is just basically good for being able to transfer while not being connected to the internet

if on some sort of psp exploit it also is good for transferring blacklisted stuff.. but yeah, only stuff that’s under the same account

18. zed’s avatar

Guys, kindly check the comments before you post.
    YOU NEED TO RIGHT CLICK ON THE “RUN.BAT” FILES AND SELECT RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
    otherwise it work.

19. jckun’s avatar

Ok i did this called copy and that i i did run file and run setled then uhhh about this right click on the run setled there no adminitrator thingy on my com what the f think im doom and whats fuck when i put py psp vita on usb mode the screen gow frezee ow myyyy can anybody help im using the botton to manuver that shit vita and please i cant notice my coonection on pc even it was coonected

20. eureckou’s avatar

Does not work with Firmware 2.12 (latest as of 07/11/2013)
    I’ll just wait for a new patch for Open CMA.
    Thanks anyways.

21. x-eye’s avatar

People are still following this? Cool. Cause i wanted to ask if they have open cma for Android somewhere, and the forum is so crowded and confusing.anyway believe it or not i don’t own a working PC. Sad but true, all i have is my smartphone. Also dumb question alert: if something works on Linux will it work on Android?

22. Herman’s avatar

I have 3.01 on my vita, if i try to cennect, on my vita it reads” You must update software for PS Vita system” Help Please !!!

· 1 · 2