Dead or Alive 5 announced for PlayStation Vita

Dead or Alive 5 PLUS will being making its way to the Vita soon. Find out all the details below.

The PlayStation Vita has become the ultimate platform for fighting games already with a massive line up of Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Street Fighter X Tekken, and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend.

For those of you that enjoy fighting games like those, then you’ll be happy to know that Dead or Alive 5 PLUS will be heading to PlayStation Vita. Team Ninja’s Yosuke Hayashi made the announcement just recently saying that they “plan to release Dead or Alive 5 Plus on the PlayStation Vita at an early stage of next year.” He then went on to say that they “will always back our DOA players and would also like to expand the entertainment of DOA5 furthermore.”

There’s not many details released yet on the game, but Hayashi said to hold on as “Further detail will be made available at a later stage but be assured that features which are appealing as the DOA5 name reads are planned so please look forward to them.” It sound like this game will be more than just a port, but more so its own standing version.

It’s great to see a big franchise start us off in the 2013 year, with hopefully more franchises to come. If you’d like to see the announcement video, you can watch it in its entirety below.

1. AyeGuy’s avatar

I have never acutually played a Dead or Alive game before but it sounds promising.

1. xine’s avatar

new update is out for vita! in na!

2. uzku’s avatar

now i just need to figure out how to attach my arcade stick to the vita..

this is great news!!!! DoA franchise is one of the best! bring on the island version to vita!

3. zoraktorok’s avatar

I’m extremely happy to hear about this one…. DOA on the 3ds looked awsome so I’m sure that the vita will be console quality… I think this might be the only one with the charcter models NOT scaled down albeit the normal BG overhaul.

4. thunderz’s avatar

never really been a DOA fan.

5. Moi’s avatar

Next up, SF4 AE, but I believe Capcom said they won’t even bother porting it.

1. Hellinferno’s avatar

Fuck Crapcom and their promises,remember the pc dlc Sfxt in september,we are in the fucking last month so where is it,and RE6 they xbox users and ps3 users they already finish the game in the entire world so why the fuck we want the fucking game for pc then if we already saw the final chapter videos on youtube,if Crapcom keep doing that they will keep diging their graves for the entire company.Sorry i you dont understand something im from Argentina im still working on my english XD jajaja.

6. afster’s avatar

Meh.. DOA was never really my thing, hoping for a tekken release on the vita

1. stOneskull’s avatar

there’s sure to be a vita version of tekken vs street fighter

7. Botarguirix’s avatar

i want to see kof UM on the vita… or at least one version of KOF!

seria chingon ver algo de kof UM o almenos el 2002 porque las otras no me ghustaron para nada! iuck!

1. Hellinferno’s avatar

Estan buenos todos los Kof,en el 2001 las fotos y musicas son horribles en el 2002 estaba bueno solo las musicas fueron feas.Sabes cual es mi opinion?,un kof um collection con un descuento en neo geo battle coliseum tambien para vita,osea kof 98 and 2002 um collection y un descuento en el otro juego.Te aseguro que vos yo,y muchos otros lo comprariamos con los ojos cerrados.

8. Waleed’s avatar

I want to see Monster Hunter Portable 4th on the vita.

9. zorrodood’s avatar

put samus in the stupid game already!!! i would buy any DOA game if samus was in it. playable.

1. zoraktorok’s avatar

If that is the case, you had best look on a nintendo system :->

1. zorrodood’s avatar

samus has a cameo in the 3ds DOA game. but that is just a stupid cock tease.

10. Leires’s avatar

I was never really interested in fighting games..Aside dissidia, but they do that a bit differently than most fighters. Bring on the RPGs :/

11. f3l1x’s avatar

hope this one bring more people to vita’s world and that opens door’s to other producers bet on ps vita

12. DongsMBM’s avatar

still hoping they could bring ninja gaiden 2 sigma plus earlier…

13. Neo’s avatar

We have enough fighting games on the vita already, I would want to see games like the getaway , shenmue , vanquish, rise to honor, sleeping dogs , nba jam, illusion of Gaia 3D on the vita , the current ps vita library is poor and the future doesn’t look bright either , nothing to look forward to, Sony where did you go wrong with the vita ?

1. Hellinferno’s avatar

I agree in some part but enough of fighting games? wheres Kof,Rage of the dragon,Power Instinct Matrimelee,Fatal Fury,Tekken and others?,i understand you want shennmue and who doesnt,but it all depends of Sega,i also were looking for skies of arcadia game and a new one coming up also Illbleed,Cannon Spike “Crapcom” so forget it.

14. granasaberx’s avatar

Let’s hope the trophy list isn’t like the ps3. Not gonna do 1000 online battles again…

15. Manuelito’s avatar

I hope a tekken to, and a KOF to, i love the fighting games, endless hours of play.

1. Hellinferno’s avatar

Fuck yeah,see my coment down,the producer is exiting but Sony doesnt seem to care about that.

16. Dario’s avatar

release cf for ps vita 2.00!|||||||!!!!

17. razor’s avatar

Another fighter ?..hmm..I almost destroyed my Vita’s buttons playing Mortal Kombat

18. criticalmass’s avatar

I want a fighter necklace, so I can say to people, “I’m a fighter, let’s fight!”

19. Hellinferno’s avatar

“The PlayStation Vita has become the ultimate platform for fighting games already” so then,where is a new bloody roar,KING OF FIGHTERS,NEO GEO BATTLE COLISEUM,soul calibur,Tekken and others?.The producer of Kof was exiting to work with vita but the fucking Sony seems not care about that AWESOME GAME,Snk and Playmore have tons of great games to make them a remake or just a new game from old franchises suchs as Power Instinct matrimelee and Rage Of The Dragon,fatal fury and Kizuna encounter.

20. Maxilus’s avatar

Sound like Vita is getting hotter. 2013 could be a big a year for Vita. More and more games coming up.

21. Maxilus’s avatar

Vita is the awesome handheld console I ever had! Even though it may look ugly to me but it powerful!!!

22. Maxilus’s avatar

Hey Wololo, PS Vita OFW 2.01 has released. Any news about it?

23. neverthewiseone’s avatar

Give me some “jelly” yahoo!!!!!!!!

24. ChocolateFACE’s avatar

Dis be daa greatest news since i let my nails grow for my ps3 youtube repair vids!

25. DBG’s avatar

Heh I remember how much Itagaki hated the PSP and said he would never work on the system (same probably would have gone for the Vita). Since he left (or got the boot depending on how you want to look at it) though, Team Ninja put out one game for the PSP and there are 3 games in the pipeline for the Vita. Kind of moot for me as I haven’t been interested in any of the Ninja Gaiden or DOA titles of the last decade (still love DOA 2 for the Dreamcast), but if they end up being given away in the future through PS+, I’d give it a try =).

26. TinyLITTLEDicKAZN’s avatar

I love doa this is great i hope us in the UK get it first!

27. alexsays’s avatar

We get at same month (2013):

-Soul Sacrifice
    -Ninja Gaiden 2
    -Dead or Alive 5

VITA HAS NO GAMES………..

28. E’s avatar

This is freaking AWESOME news!

29. BaldingARAB’s avatar

wow this is nice thanks tecmo I will buy this like I do all your games even if I already have it for another system *_-

30. savio’s avatar

yes!Yes!!YES!!!YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!:}

31. mikst’s avatar

I want a dragonball z fighter for vita