The rise of the age of the networks

You may also like...

1. wololo says:

I think this article is a bit too positive :)
    First, these types of apps have existed forever, and most of them actually ran directly on the device (PSP/Vita) wich somehow made them more convenient than what we are seeing now.

Independently of that, the issue with most of these apps is that they disappear after a few months, leaving the users to look for yet another solution.

My personal take on this would be a system that
    1 – Runs directly on the device (PSP/Vita), either by being a homebrew itself, or (even better, my dream) by being a core feature of Pro CFW (basically, add one icon “Homebrew Store” in the XMB).
    2 – is connected directly to the main download places (zload, qj.net, wololo.net, dashhacks come to mind. They all have reliable long-term chances of having the downloads available)
    3 – is monetized one way or another (advertising? Donations? Premium membership?) to give a better guarantee that the support will last more than 5 months, then stop when the main dev decides to give up.
    4 – has an open architecture so that many clients can be designed that would work fine with the meta search server.

I already have lots of architecture decisions and basically see how I would code the whole thing, but sadly I don’t have the luxury of spending 6 months of my life coding every evening and every weekend like I did before.

That being said, the chat, etc… options added to these systems is nice.

• hgoel0974 says:

Well, I disagree
      Things like the homebrew store closed because they used paid services. But, I don’t think that any of these uses paid servers. My system is completely free, I havn’t even spent a penny so far!

• Jd8531 says:

So basically something like Install0us for the Iphone, but for the Vita with homebrew…. that would be nice :)

• hgoel0974 says:

Also, I was working with gadorach to port this to the Homebrew Universe but, he vanished on the day he was going to release it.

I myself don’t have any homebrew skills because I can’t understand C or C++ even though I can understand C#

I am still looking for some devs who might be able to help.

My system uses different methods so that I don’t HAVE to host everything so, it would be quite possible to put up all the downloads here and on all other scene websites and still preserve bandwidth.

My system is just based on donations because money doesn’t really matter too me (though at a time I thought about hiding a linkbucks banner so that every time someone launches the app, I earn money but, I thought that would be cheating)

Also, my system is open. I have a C# class library to manage some of the basics and I am ready to provide anyone with source code.

So, I don’t really believe that what I said is too positive, I feel that it is just what I see as the future from my point of view and my situation ;)

• w7y7a7t7t says:

Am i correct in assuming your store would be the same as every other one except instead of getting a server and hosting it yourself? if that’s true, it’s not really a different method, your just getting an already established site to do the heavy lifting instead of yourself (which isn’t bad, if there okay with it, i guess). the “problem” (if these site’s aren’t okay with this) with doing this would be people visit there sites less because they have no need, so they lose revenue. yet there severs are equally, if not more, taxed. also, if you get donations, because they would be paying for server costs that would have fallen on you, will you giving them a cut?

just my 2 cents.

• Deagle275 says:

Too bad this ain’t working anymore http://hbstore.screeze.com/

• neverthewiseone says:

you didn’t say “First”, your comment is not valid. lol

2. JMQMOfficials says:

To me, I just like helping people out. This isn’t about money for me or my team really, just helping users out. I will be asking PSP/ Vita devs & PSP/Vita experts for their help porting the PlayStop Network into the homebrew world.

3. b( says:

THE PLAYSTATION VITA IS DEAD!!!!!! NO GAMES NO HACKS IT’S DEADDDD!!!!!! NOT FUN ANYMORE WE NEED UVL FXXCK VHBL I WANT HACKS NAAAAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• wololo's fan says:

buy game cards pls

• >_> says:

Well get to work hacking the vita then slappy! C’MON CHOP CHOP!

• Turd Sandwich says:

b(

It’s been dead for awhile friend. It’s funny how the WiiU has more games then the VITA. These VHBL ain’t nothing. The last game i played on it was Persona Golden which got me playing for a few days. I kinda wish that more games can be like that. I highly doubt that will happen.

• hgoel0974 says:

hmm…

The Wii U, loads of games but how many are fun? NONE!
        Just imagine TRYING to play any RPG or FPS, it is IMPOSSIBLE!

If you think that a console with loads of games for 5 year olds is doing better than a console with games for teens+ then you sir, surely are 5 year old or you need to rethink your life.

• Turd Sandwich says:

Umm no dumbass i was just saying how fast the WiiU have more games then the VITA.

I do NOT care for the WiiU just setting an example. You need to think twice before you make assumptions you fool.

Saying I’m 5 years old is pretty lame insult. Try harder next time. *wink*

4. KazuUnix9 says:

@d( : ok the VITA will NEVER die!!! It was just born!! I hate all the talk about the vita dieing. Come on the vita scene is getting stronger by the day. An in no way wil these exploits stop the vita. Look at the PSP or the ds. So stop hating u haters.

5. n1nurt4 says:

impatient children! Understand what you are saying. Don’t whine about the vita not being hacked. I am tired of seeing so many people posting such unoriginal and frankly pedantic comments. What’s the deal? Are you really so blind to your own words? Reread your comments and think about how it makes you look. You people know who you are. A little patience would be nice for the devs peace of mind.

• hgoel0974 says:

agreed
      I hate all those kids who is just want piracy so early on in the device’s life! Infact I hope that piracy never happens!

Kids, there is something new that allows you to get games for free without pirating, it is called a JOB! go get one instead of whining!

6. Turd Sandwich says:

Maybe there is already a custom firmware/hack for the VITA but yet Wololo & Friends are withholding it.

Hmm just maybe…

7. GlueGun says:

For the fun of it has Dev’s added tiff support on firmware 6.00+ and then exploiting
    the xmb?, like cfw to ofw to uOFW lol